10-28-2013 05:16 PM
64 123
tools
    Never believe everything you hear, and only believe half of what you see.
    One of my all-time favorite sayings. :thumbup:

Sent via a pay phone at the gas station.
    10-15-2013 05:18 PM
    Is there anything that Alex Jones says that you don't believe?
    That's like saying to a conservative republican, "is there anything Rush Limbaugh says that you don't believe"?

I've watched one of AJ podcasts and wasn't impressed with him. It's the digital age, you can do your own research and come to your own conclusions. Problem is, most people are too lazy to do either.
    Yet they are the first ones to dispute anything that isn't brought to you on the nightly news. But then, this is exactly what your govt wants you to do.

tap'n
    STARGATE likes this.
    10-15-2013 05:21 PM
    It truly is amazing (and quite scary) when you think about all the stuff our govt does to us in plain view, and the lengths they'll go to control it's people. What's worse is, nobody seems to care.
    Should we be thankful for whistleblowers, like Snowden and Manning? They leaked a lot of classified documents detailing the activities of the government. Are they patriots or traitors?

Also, can we as a people just simply throw all the bums out of government and put better people in place?
    10-15-2013 07:16 PM
    Interesting question Scott. Personally, I would consider people like Snowden a patriot. Now don't get me wrong, had he released information that put our country, our soldiers, our freedom or our nation's security at risk, then yes....he would be a traitor and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The fact is, Snowden released documents showing it was our GOV'T who is the traitor. It is our GOV'T who was caught abusing their power by spying on the world and infringing on our rights, our freedoms or trust, and basically taking a crap on the constitution and the people they are supposed to be "serving".

And yes....we should throw ALL those bums out of office and start fresh. (at least most of them)

Ugh... ...look at me breaking my own rule of talking politics online. I guess it's because most of my past experiences have involved ridiculous bickering, as opposed to civilized discussion. What a nice change!

tap'n
    10-15-2013 08:20 PM
    Oops..
    10-15-2013 10:48 PM
    Wow....what's the deal with the "edit" feature on this forum? Is there a certain time frame until you can no longer edit an earlier post and it simply reposts your edited comment? Strange.
    10-15-2013 11:35 PM
    No it wouldn't work, and that one country would probably branch off into different countries. Isn't that how this world began anyways? Countries weren't predetermined before life began so the world must have started with just one, I don't really know what it is though. Time for Google.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-16-2013 12:34 AM
    One of my all-time favorite sayings. :thumbup:

•• Sent via a pay phone at the gas station.
    It's true. Nice signature by the way.
    10-19-2013 05:37 PM
    It's true. Nice signature by the way.
    Thanks, but I changed it again a couple of days ago, lol.

Signatures, shmignatures...
    10-19-2013 06:00 PM
    Thanks, but I changed it again a couple of days ago, lol.

•• Signatures, shmignatures...
    Well your new one isn't too bad either, sir!
    10-19-2013 08:10 PM
    Well your new one isn't too bad either, sir!

Signatures, shmignatures...
    10-19-2013 08:21 PM
    And yes....we should throw ALL those bums out of office and start fresh. (at least most of them)
    So, basically if we just start voting for new candidates (instead of incumbents), we should be able to clear out Congress in a few election cycles. The White House has term limits, so we don't have to worry about that. The only thing left would be the Supreme Court. Unfortunately, those are lifetime appointments. We will be stuck with the current justices unless someone retires or dies.
    10-22-2013 08:40 PM
    What if the whole Planet was comprised of just ONE country, worldwide?

Would this have any chance of 'working'?

Think,

One currency...

No armies...

No land-grabs (because it would already be a part of the country)...

No militarized weapons...

Would the world be any worse-off than it is right now?

I think not.

Thoughts?

If we had one good government than yes but if we had the North Korean government, then no. At the end of the day it depends on which government/president is ruling...not the entire world wants Obama care you know...then you will have the richest people buying huge pieces of land and in effect become the president of the land they own.

I can also see immigration becoming a major problem.

Even with one currency, costs of living will be different per country.

And what would happen to international soccer teams ?...north earth continent vs middle north continent...dont think it would work.

Using Windows since 1998
    10-24-2013 04:55 AM
    No it wouldn't work, and that one country would probably branch off into different countries.
    I would agree that it probably wouldn't work. For example, it would be difficult to merge Canada and the United States into a single country, even though both of them share many things. If you try to scale it up to include all the countries in the world, you're going to have a lot of problems.
    CR6 likes this.
    10-28-2013 05:16 PM
64 123