11-14-2013 07:34 PM
749 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    You mean they show boated and used veterans for their own political causes during a shutdown they're responsible for?

Yeah, that's being REAL supportive.
    Lol...by the way, any dems show up to support our vets? Didn't think so. Both are stubborn. But who (the dems) spent money to put up barricades at an open air veterans memorial? Dems are picking and choosing what to not fund and they chose this? Talk about childish and unpatriotic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-15-2013 02:43 PM
    The ACA is completely separate from what's going on right now. It can't be affected by a government shutdown, and republicans are living on another planet if they thought shutting down the government would be a way to harm the ACA.

Rookie mistake, and one that should (thankfully) end Ted Cruz's political career.
    SMH. :banghead:

Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2
    10-15-2013 02:48 PM
    This is more of a side observation but Liberals seem desperate to put big government safety nets against every possible little booboo. As if life can be safe and fair. The little boo boos in life prepare us for the big ones, and no one escapes those.

Life is not safe or fair. If you believe it can be you are in a dream world.

10-15-2013 03:06 PM
    Stats, facts to back this up?

Sent via a pay phone at the gas station.
    Why do you only ask for these for things you don't agree with?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    msndrstood, craZDude and JHBThree like this.
    10-15-2013 03:15 PM
    You're almost making our point; the bigger government gets, the more oppressive it is. The less freedom to fight it.

When government is smaller society is more prosperous. Civilized people generally cause no chaos. When chaos happens, a psychopath is behind it. And that happens all the time whether government is big or small. That's why it's pointless to think government is the answer.

If someone has you cornered and is threatening your life, no one is going to be able to help you in time if you cannot help yourself. If government takes away your gun, you're out of luck. The psychopaths are going to have them anyway. Look at Chicago. And if they don't have guns they'll have machetes.

Big government is only going to take freedom away from people who don't abuse it. Nothing has an effect on psychopaths.

You completely missed the connection. As well as the point.

Big government doesn't equal oppression. Small government doesn't equal more freedom.

You can "Smh" all you want but that doesn't change the fact that the shut down isn't stopping the ACA. The shut down can go on forever and every single part of it will take affect.
    It has guaranteed funding that doesn't need to be re-appropriated every year.

10-15-2013 03:21 PM
    You completely missed the connection. As well as the point.

Big government doesn't equal oppression. Small government doesn't equal more freedom.

You can "Smh" all you want but that doesn't change the fact that the shut down isn't stopping the ACA. The shut down can go on forever and every single part of it will take affect.
    It has guaranteed funding that doesn't need to be re-appropriated every year.

What point am I missing? How much freedom has there been in communist countries? Did their big governments equal oppression? If you're going to say no, you need to study history.

We've already explained to you the correlations between big government programs and the loss of job security and loss of jobs period.

If you want to live in a world where everyone is equally miserable, that's your prerogative. I'd rather live in a country where I still have the right to at least pursue happiness.

plumbrich likes this.
    10-15-2013 03:41 PM
    Why do you only ask for these for things you don't agree with?

I think I've asked for stats/facts TWICE in the last six months. Maybe three times, tops.

How often do you see anyone asking for facts regarding something they already agree with?

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-15-2013 03:52 PM
    What point am I missing? How much freedom has there been in communist countries? Did their big governments equal oppression? If you're going to say no, you need to study history.

We've already explained to you the correlations between big government programs and the loss of job security and loss of jobs period.

If you want to live in a world where everyone is equally miserable, that's your prerogative. I'd rather live in a country where I still have the right to at least pursue happiness.

I'm missing the 1:1 between large enough to be effective and Communism. There are dozens of effective constitutional governments and quite a few ineffective ones. Global civics is about more than Mao and Nixon. Having been to a few dozen countries, I can say that the majority feel just as free to Joe schmoe tourist and citizen. Some things are different, like most don't have anything like the 2nd amendment, but some of the differences are very positive.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-15-2013 04:05 PM
    Different is only worse if its different from perfect.

10-15-2013 04:05 PM

So now all big government's are Communist?

You've explained plenty, but have provided facts for nothing. I can "explain" things all day, but that doesn't make them right. Everything you've said is an opinion (and you've stated it as such) until you provide facts to back them up.

I think I've asked for stats/facts TWICE in the last six months. Maybe three times, tops.

How often do you see anyone asking for facts regarding something they already agree with?

•• Sent via a pay phone at the gas station.
    Agreeing with it doesn't make it right. I trust that you've done all of the proper research to make sure that what you agree with is also factually correct (in your own interpretation of course).
    10-15-2013 04:06 PM
    So now all big government's are Communist?

You've explained plenty, but have provided facts for nothing. I can "explain" things all day, but that doesn't make them right. Everything you've said is an opinion (and you've stated it as such) until you provide facts to back them up.

Agreeing with it doesn't make it right. I trust that you've done all of the proper research to make sure that what you agree with is also factually correct (in your own interpretation of course).
    If I agree with it, of course it's right! It's the same reason that 94% of drivers out on the roads think they're better drivers than anyone else on the road. Fact.

*Reminds me of a popular quote from George Carlin -
    "Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an id!ot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?"

cdmjlt369 and mrsmumbles like this.
    10-15-2013 04:20 PM
    Proper research? In reguards to a thread where the ACA is mentioned? This bill was passed in the shadows so the general public and media couldn't properly research it.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-15-2013 04:38 PM
    Proper research? In reguards to a thread where the ACA is mentioned? This bill was passed in the shadows so the general public and media couldn't properly research it.

Yep, keep going back to that. That's getting us somewhere for sure. It's already passed. It's already been upheld by SCOTUS. But please, hold another vote to repeal it. PLEASE

What needs to happen is to sit down, talk, iron out the differences, and pass legislation that everyone can be happy with. Going in circles is not the answer.

Honestly, continuously going back to "we didn't know what it said" or "it's illegal" is getting old. Move on and fix things. That's where we're at right now.
    craZDude likes this.
    10-15-2013 04:48 PM
    Is this the Tea Party you're talking about? The people running around who are still demanding Obama's birth certificate and claiming he's a Muslim?
    I mean the a British press agency did release a copy of obamas kenyan birth certificate earlier this month.
    10-15-2013 04:52 PM
    I mean the a British press agency did release a copy of obamas kenyan birth certificate earlier this month.
    That's weird. He's never lived there. This was resolved in a couple of other threads (myth busted). It was determined that he visited Kenya three times, all as an adult.

10-15-2013 04:57 PM

•• Sent via a pay phone at the gas station.
    I don't recall if it was on this site or another site I frequent, but I have seen people post stats and sources, and still be told that they're wrong. Some people you can't convince that they are wrong, even with proof.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-15-2013 05:00 PM
    That's weird. He's never lived there. This was resolved in a couple of other threads (myth busted). It was determined that he visited Kenya three times, all as an adult.

So he claims. Also, I do not recall the myth ever being busted, quite the opposite actually.
    10-15-2013 05:02 PM
    I don't recall if it was on this site or another site I frequent, but I have seen people post stats and sources, and still be told that they're wrong. Some people you can't convince that they are wrong, even with proof.
    yep, goes both ways. i've seen it frequently here in the forums.
    10-15-2013 05:04 PM
    Because the proper research isn't done by the appropriate government agencies to make sure the candidates are actually allowed to be the President under the law?

Nice trying to distract away from actually discussing how to fix the problem, though.
    10-15-2013 05:08 PM
    Things are going to implode in the markets tomorrow. Whether anyone wants to believe that the debt ceiling is real, the perception in the markets and the world will cause a debacle of epic proportions.

The big banks already sold off their 1 month Treasuries that were due this month in preparation.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    10-15-2013 05:12 PM
    yep, goes both ways. i've seen it frequently here in the forums.
    Hey it might have even been both.
    10-15-2013 05:14 PM
    Things are going to implode in the markets tomorrow. Whether anyone wants to believe that the debt ceiling is real, the perception in the markets and the world will cause a debacle of epic proportions.

The big banks already sold off their 1 month Treasuries that were due this month in preparation.

Idk even if we default, I am thinking the market might not go that crazy. Definitely go down, but not crash. The reason I am saying this is because this is something coming for a long time and it's not like this is the only debt crisis we have had in the last few years. Even if it is the first realistic default. Idk we will see I guess.
    10-15-2013 05:47 PM
    1 month Treasury yield doubled today from 0.16 to 0.35. That signals worry in the Treasury markets. Not a good sign. When yields go up it is in proportion to risks, perceived or real.

10-15-2013 05:53 PM
    1 month Treasury yield doubled today from 0.16 to 0.35. That signals worry in the Treasury markets. Not a good sign. When yields go up it is in proportion to risks, perceived or real.

And only the robots don't think that's EXACTLY one of the things Dems and the Regime want you to notice.

I wonder how the Dems and/or liberals explain to their grandfathers (WW2 Vets) the BS they're pulling.

SICKENING

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-15-2013 06:00 PM
    Yes, two separate thoughts, but one theme.

10-15-2013 06:02 PM
749 ... 1112131415 ...