11-14-2013 07:34 PM
749 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    To be honest, at this point I'm looking forward to that day. If everyone hates what America is becoming, why even bother having America anymore? Just split into different countries in which the constituents feel similarly about main issues.

Patriotism never made any sense to me.
    Your screen name is apt. :rolleyes:

Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2
    craZDude likes this.
    10-16-2013 04:52 PM
    "Why do you assume everyone who doesn't have an 'acceptable' ID is on some form of public assistance?"-- Where did I say that?

" It's a concerted effort to decrease the Democratic voting bloc"--- Why is that? Are Democrats above getting a government-issued ID?

Do you not want to try to eliminate fraud in the voting system? If you don't, then you are part of the problem.

"It's a burden if you don't have a driver's license and aren't on public assistance."--- Not when most states will issue an ID free of charge.
    PA charges $13.50. It is not free. Why should anyone have to pay to vote?

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    10-16-2013 04:52 PM
    Far from the truth.

Sent via a pay phone at the gas station.
    The people who suggest dividing based on "types" are always the first ones to call *us* racists. :beer:

It's best to ignore them.

10-16-2013 04:57 PM

Pretty sure my state, Indiana, also charges a fee. We're a predominantly red state FWIW.
    10-16-2013 04:58 PM
    Your screen name is apt. :rolleyes:

The people who suggest dividing based on "types" are always the first ones to call *us* racists. :beer:

It's best to ignore them.

Resorting to insults and condescension is a great way to get taken seriously around here.
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:01 PM
    It might not sound like much, but, if you're retired on a fixed income, that could be your food budget for a couple days. You know, because they shouldn't have food stamps or anything that makes them dependent on the government to eat.

10-16-2013 05:04 PM
    Oh those for profit colleges and colleges in the south are so liberal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yes. They are. The professors are extremely liberal no matter where you go to college. The most expensive schools are extremely biased.

cdmjlt369 likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:07 PM

Because freedom is never free.

10-16-2013 05:17 PM

Soldiers give their life to protect that right. Isn't it worth $13.50 to use it?
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:21 PM
    I know for the most part this post will be ignored because A) I am not American & B) Its kinda long as I slept and I have a lot to catch up on.
    So lets begin.

If a company can operate from another country for cheaper and pay import taxes ect., then the only one to blame is US policy. All that corporate money will still be taxed when it is used in some way. Why should taxes be taken off the top?

Do you think that all the money "rich" people make is somehow put into a bank where no one else can benefit from it? No they spend it. It goes back into the economy one way or the other.

How is it fair that we force the top 10% to pay the vast majority of the taxes in this country. Dont you feel bad someone else paying for the vast majority of all that you benefit from? Of course they can pay it, but should they? Should we punish people just for being successful? For more often than not giving other people jobs?

What the tax system needs is to switch to a sales tax only system with cost of living deductions. In other words, if you only make and spend enough to live every year, you will effectively pay no taxes. But every dollar you spend past the cost of living is taxed. That way, those that spend more will be taxed more. Those that spend less will be taxed less. It has nothing to do with income. It is completely fair to everyone.
    Sale Tax would be devastating if its a high figure, ours its about 10% and it drives no where near enough money to run a government. This Tax would also drive up the base price of most products which than creates the standard of living particularly harder for the lower economic demographics - doing the opposite of what government should be doing by supporting the weaker in the community. I was doing a course in my town's largest accounting firm - i'll give you a hint their name starts with E and recently the two names have been reduced to two letter E_ with an annual income of 24 billion. Their main offices are in America - they have been in strife recently and openly said this to the students working in their office for their accounting for Apple & Google, in their words if their is a country with a high tax bracket, they move the profits out of it - moving the costs to it by selling goods within the country to each section allowing the profits to be taken to lowest tax nation. All this has to be done within an ''arms length" however this lenght is being debated.

The thing I mentioned this - it means corporations can move the profits they made in a country out without being taxed on it, this sparks that the system does need a bit of a overhaul prevent corps doing this and making them pay the full tax's for income they earned in one nation.

"How is it fair that we force the top 10% to pay the vast majority of the taxes in this country." The Idea of having larger brackets on the wealthy allows the gap not to continued to devided, when I was wealthier we didn't have an issue with a little more as it was in brackets. The extra tax wasn't placed on all our income just lets say 90,000-120,000 for that amount was lets say 3% more than the previous bracket, so you didnt pay 3% extra on your whole income but in that section you earnt money compared to your first 90,000 you earned etc.

We didn't care as everyone across the board had to pay - secondly we are now more greatfull for it as now we are not big earners and struggling a bit that money now goes to helping now groups like now myself to get by if we need it. E.g. Assistance in buying university books if need be (as they are $200 each x 8)
    We explained everything yesterday. If you remain unwilling to understand, it's not our fault.

The more money companies make, the more jobs available because they expand and need workers and they want to get and keep good workers so there is a situation where people have lots of good job choices and opportunities.

The reason businesses don't expand and none of the above happens is when you start restricting growth by raising taxes and increasing regulations.

If you can't understand this it is not our fault. Maybe at some time in the future you will. It took me a while to learn these things too.

Not necessary true, they pay big money to avoid tax's if you read by above post. Example is the same firm got charged with helping a company escape $2 billion (or not reporting it in an audit) to save prosecution (as if your prosecuted in the US you cannot account in 150 countries) they paid a 124 million dollar fine. Now - yes there is risk in accounting making errors and it is their job to push the legal lines in dealing with Tax. I am not knocking this company, the culture is great, they are the #2 most desired employer by under grads behind google. Its just an example of how most accounts can find legal ways to avoid companies paying big dollars in tax.
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:22 PM
    It might not sound like much, but, if you're retired on a fixed income, that could be your food budget for a couple days. You know, because they shouldn't have food stamps or anything that makes them dependent on the government to eat.

I don't know of any cases like this. I believe the elderly are very abused by the social security system. The government totally plays with "cost of living" numbers to not reflect real inflation.

It's worse under Democrats.

10-16-2013 05:22 PM
    I would also like to add - voting is free here and compulsory on all levels (exception of local councils you don't have to vote).
    Its only a $50 fine for not voting
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:23 PM
    Resorting to insults and condescension is a great way to get taken seriously around here.
    When did I insult? I was responding to insults made by someone else to llamabreath.

10-16-2013 05:24 PM
    Because freedom is never free.

Well, with that talking point I'll present this:

Voting is a right, not a privilege. The argument is that putting any sort of requirement on it is infringing on that right. I'm not getting into other rights, and restrictions and such, so let's keep it specifically about voting please.

Government assistance programs are not a right, they are a privilege and as such could/should be subject to such restrictions.
    10-16-2013 05:24 PM
    There's an attitude that everything should be free and/or easy.

I think most of us at some point or other finally accept the world just isn't like that, no matter how much we try to change things.

Every good idea gets co-opted by someone unscrupulous and dangerous who makes it into something very different from what it was intended to be.

They get away with it because they're very good at fooling and manipulating people who are honest at heart.

10-16-2013 05:47 PM
    Lol...by the way, any dems show up to support our vets? Didn't think so. Both are stubborn. But who (the dems) spent money to put up barricades at an open air veterans memorial? Dems are picking and choosing what to not fund and they chose this? Talk about childish and unpatriotic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Oh give me a break. It's all bull**** and you know it.
    10-17-2013 05:24 PM
    And only the robots don't think that's EXACTLY one of the things Dems and the Regime want you to notice.

I wonder how the Dems and/or liberals explain to their grandfathers (WW2 Vets) the BS they're pulling.

SICKENING

Sent via a pay phone at the gas station.
    Easy: the republicans shut down the government because they are selfish, childish ideologues who put party above country.

And they'd be right.
    10-17-2013 05:28 PM
    The nazi party's success came at the expense of other people. The Jewish people. Remember them? Big government success story is not what that was.

Godwin's law. Do not pass to. Do not collect $200. Exit this thread gracefully while you still can.
    10-17-2013 05:30 PM
    Godwin's law. Do not pass to. Do not collect $200. Exit this thread gracefully while you still can.
    Lol...I didn't bring the Godwins law into it. I just responded to a previous post where someone was praising the nazi's economic success...gracefully. ..lol

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-17-2013 07:19 PM
    Easy: the republicans shut down the government because they are selfish, childish ideologues who put party above country.

And they'd be right.
    Ok...lol...all he had to do was sign an executive order or bypass congress. ..as he usually does.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-17-2013 07:21 PM
    Oh give me a break. It's all bull**** and you know it.
    Let me guess, fake scandal??? always an excuse

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-17-2013 07:22 PM
    There is one thing for sure. You obamacare people are about to get what you asked for. Its already a disaster in the mere attempt to roll out. Hundreds of millions of dollars and 3 and 1/2 years on a website that doesn't work. They can't get that to work and they're going to run obamacare? The early warning signs are there. Failure is eminent. Jobs will get worse. Economy will get worse. Taxes will get worse. Level of care will get worse. Doctor shortage will occur. But hey, everyone will have the right to obamacare.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-17-2013 07:32 PM
    There is one thing for sure. You obamacare people are about to get what you asked for. Its already a disaster in the mere attempt to roll out. Hundreds of millions of dollars and 3 and 1/2 years on a website that doesn't work. They can't get that to work and they're going to run obamacare? The early warning signs are there. Failure is eminent. Jobs will get worse. Economy will get worse. Taxes will get worse. Level of care will get worse. Doctor shortage will occur. But hey, everyone will have the right to obamacare.

Wait, CGI Federal is running the ACA? I thought they were just contracted to make the website.

Meet CGI Federal, the company behind the botched launch of HealthCare.gov
    10-17-2013 07:42 PM
    Still, 3 and 1/2 years to get it right. Poor oversight at least. Something that important to them and they can't make sure it's ready? Obamacare is a hefty program in need of oversight and they couldn't make sure it was ready? Wow...just watch it crumble

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-17-2013 08:12 PM
    I have a theory on the ACA site. I have no doubt something is up. A website, script and bandwidth is easy to fix. The President of the United States could bring in the best geeks in the U.S. and have it fixed in a day. I think it's under some type of DDOS attack and the Feds won't say anything about it because they want the people who are doing it to continue to do it, so they can nail them and they won't act until they know everyone who is behind the attack. That's the way the Feds work.

Just my theory. You heard it here first.
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-17-2013 08:13 PM
749 ... 1617181920 ...