tools
    It is either a tax or it isn't

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    My questions still apply....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    10-19-2013 08:33 AM
    My questions still apply....

I feel like the SCOTUS danced around it by separating the ACA from the mandate. The bill wasn't passed as a tax so it should be revisited on those grounds. Basically Roberts told them what needed to be done to make it right, enforce it as a tax. They never did and suprisingly, no one on the right ever pushed the issue. I think that's their best opportunity to get something done. I Think the next 3 months will play a heavy role in everyone's approach and thought process on the ACA.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-19-2013 10:28 AM
    I feel like the SCOTUS danced around it by separating the ACA from the mandate. The bill wasn't passed as a tax so it should be revisited on those grounds. Basically Roberts told them what needed to be done to make it right, enforce it as a tax. They never did and suprisingly, no one on the right ever pushed the issue. I think that's their best opportunity to get something done. I Think the next 3 months will play a heavy role in everyone's approach and thought process on the ACA.

The key here is, "I feel...", which to me is no different than people who have seen Obama's short & long form birth certificate and still "feel" it's bogus. No facts to back it up, but they just "feel" it's bogus. I am glad our criminal justice system is ran on facts, rather than, "I feel".
    10-19-2013 10:34 AM
    Its a good thing the supreme court is right. Just like they were right with the decision they made in the Dred Scott case?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    If the last case that you have to use as an example of the Supreme Court getting a decision wrong happened over 150 years ago, they seem to have a pretty good track record. Looking at the situation statistically then, they were most likely right about the ACA.
    palandri likes this.
    10-19-2013 10:40 AM
    The key here is, "I feel...", which to me is no different than people who have seen Obama's short & long form birth certificate and still "feel" it's bogus. No facts to back it up, but they just "feel" it's bogus. I am glad our criminal justice system is ran on facts, rather than, "I feel".
    Well how about this, the SCOTUS separated the two CLEARLY. This is within the same bill, that is fact. Which means the bill began in the wrong legislative branch. Fact, a re-vote was never held. The issue is being ignored by everyone. Its also good to know the SCOTUS doesn't legislate, but they will however hint what congress needs to do to make it right. All though congress hasn't acted on it and probably will not unless pushed by opposition.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-19-2013 10:47 AM
    Well how about this, the SCOTUS separated the two CLEARLY. This is within the same bill, that is fact. Which means the bill began in the wrong legislative branch. Fact, a re-vote was never held. The issue is being ignored by everyone. Its also good to know the SCOTUS doesn't legislate, but they will however hint what congress needs to do to make it right. All though congress hasn't acted on it and probably will not unless pushed by opposition.

Could the ruling, as written, mean they (congress) doesn't need to do anything?

10-19-2013 11:01 AM

Bring it up with the Defund Obamacare campaign.
    10-19-2013 11:05 AM
    Bring it up with the Defund Obamacare campaign.
    If that's your reply to that, then it looks like he got you on that one (and that 'one' is the root of this whole discussion).

Signatures, shmignatures...
    cdmjlt369 and mrsmumbles like this.
    10-19-2013 11:49 AM
    If that's your reply to that, then it looks like he got you on that one (and that 'one' is the root of this whole discussion).

If it was really an issue don't you think those must opposed to it would already know? Assuming they do, they probably have a plan, or they know it's not an issue.

palandri likes this.
    10-19-2013 12:22 PM
    If it was really an issue don't you think those must opposed to it would already know? Assuming they do, they probably have a plan, or they know it's not an issue.

Hopefully a left-leaning-media-proof (whew!) plan.

cdmjlt369 and mrsmumbles like this.
    10-19-2013 12:27 PM
    And only the robots don't think that's EXACTLY one of the things Dems and the Regime want you to notice.

I wonder how the Dems and/or liberals explain to their grandfathers (WW2 Vets) the BS they're pulling.

SICKENING

Sent via a pay phone at the gas station.
    As a veteran, I was also outraged.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-19-2013 04:03 PM
    8.3 million people?!?! That's the pop of New York City, which is no where near close to half the american population ( its close to 350 million) so yea the 8.3 fu***d the rest of the 341.7 million Americans. You wouldn't need to make Obama care a LAW if the people wanted it. Smh I didn't vote that man in...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    Isn't that the truth!
    10-19-2013 04:06 PM
    Did John McCain and Mitt Romney ever comment on that finding? I would expect those two to have a lot of things to say regarding that subject.
    Not that I have seen, however I just read the article.
    10-19-2013 04:07 PM
    I don't want it, but I don't want to see it fail and make an even bigger mess of the economy. It probably is going to fail on it's own, anyway.

BTW, whatever happened to "you can keep your present insurance and doctors"or "premiums will decrease $2500/yr.". Obama flat out lied on that issue.
    Premiums are increasing basically everywhere.
    I saw today that about 9 million have visited the healthcare website, less than 1 million have been able to create an account, and only about 40,000 have signed up for coverage.
    And here I was thinking the same thing. My health insurance has done nothing but increase in cost since obama came into office.
    10-19-2013 04:36 PM
    Yep, and I also feel that way about voters. I don't understand why people resist voter ID so vehemently. Liberals say that it is a burden on the poor, and that confuses me. Doesn't the poor have to have an ID to participate in any government programs? Plus, most states will furnish a free ID to anyone that doesn't have one. So, how is it a burden?
    Because it will cut down on voter fraud, and we all know that the democrats love fraudulent votes.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-19-2013 04:43 PM
    Do you not want to try to eliminate fraud in the voting system? If you don't, then you are part of the problem.
    Why would a democrat want to eliminate fraudulent voting? Seriously though, how many cases of voter fraud have been pro-Republican?
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-19-2013 04:48 PM

And here I was thinking the same thing. My health insurance has done nothing but increase in cost since obama came into office.
    And that's all his fault? When did it take affect? But you're trying to blame it for your increases for the past 5 years?

Sometimes cost of goods and services just goes up.

10-19-2013 04:54 PM
    Because freedom is never free.

Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2
    Well said!
    Soldiers give their life to protect that right. Isn't it worth $13.50 to use it?
    It might cost them more than $13.50 in the long run if they didn't vote.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-19-2013 05:00 PM
    And that's all his fault? When did it take affect? But you're trying to blame it for your increases for the past 5 years?

Sometimes cost of goods and services just goes up.

Since obamacare was passed, my costs have gone up. So why would it not be his fault?
    10-19-2013 05:28 PM
    Since obamacare was passed, my costs have gone up. So why would it not be his fault?
    When did it take effect?

10-19-2013 05:35 PM
    It's not Obama's fault. Its the entire governments fault. Congress are the ones who pass bills and laws, Obama can only suggest them.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-19-2013 05:37 PM
    It's not Obama's fault. Its the entire governments fault. Congress are the ones who pass bills and laws, Obama can only suggest them.

Somebody else understands. :-)

10-19-2013 05:38 PM
    Somebody else understands. :-)

Yay honors government class in high school! If you guys are complaining so much, why don't you go out and vote for someone else in congress. 95% of the people in congress have been in congress for the past 30 years.

10-19-2013 05:40 PM
    Yay honors government class in high school! If you guys are complaining so much, why don't you go out and vote for someone else in congress. 95% of the people in congress have been in congress for the past 30 years.

Sadly, most of them don't represent their constituents anyway.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-19-2013 06:13 PM
    Sadly, most of them don't represent their constituents anyway.

I think that was the point that was being made.
    10-19-2013 06:13 PM
749 ... 2021222324 ...