11-14-2013 07:34 PM
749 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    So you're ok with the government having a record of every citizens fingerprint? That's worse than requiring id's.

If the numbers are true (the actual proven numbers, not those inflated ones) then I think we're doing good on voter fraud. Anything done by humans will never be 100%

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Who said anything would ever be 100% with humans involved? I even said to bring in the robots, which Matt readily agreed with (but i think that's only because he seems as smart as a robot too, but that's not important right now) (Quote Leslie Nielson - "It's a building with a lot of patients, but that's not important right now." )

And what's wrong with the government having everyone's fingerprint? It's only a problem for you if you do shady things, no?

You seriously don't think they already know everything about you?
    Your S.S. number?
    Your full name?
    Your ex-girlfriend's names?
    Your dog's name?
    Your Driver's License number?
    Credit card numbers?
    The cars or trucks you drive?
    Your employment history and status?
    Know everywhere you've lived?
    Where you've gone to school?
    What websites you frequent?
    All your previous phone numbers?
    Email addresses?
    Your favorite color?

You REALLY think they don't already know all this about you and fingerprints will make a real difference??

LOL

Signatures, shmignatures...
    10-22-2013 07:00 PM
    I said:
    I'm in a very liberal area and state and I got a letter from the voting thing this spring asking whether I plan to live here or vote here. I've been living here for 3 years and I voted in 2010 and 2012. There was something weird about getting that letter and now I'll have to register again. I'd register as an independent but then I can't vote in primaries. If I register as a democrat maybe I won't be harassed and I can still vote in primaries.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    I should add I was legally registered to vote here since 2010 when I moved here. That's why it was strange. Each time I voted I did present my driver's license. And one of the first things I did after moving here was register to vote. But now I have to reregister. Also the post office doesn't deliver half my mail. This is a weird place.

10-22-2013 07:06 PM
    I said:

I should add I was legally registered to vote here since 2010 when I moved here. That's why it was strange. Each time I voted I did present my driver's license. And one of the first things I did after moving here was register to vote. But now I have to reregister. Also the post office doesn't deliver half my mail. This is a weird place.

The Post Office in and of itself is weird. Moving from one neighborhood in N.Y.C. to another neighborhood in N.Y.C. threw them for a total loop with me. Don't even bring up my move down south, smh smh.

Where'd you come from?

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-22-2013 07:15 PM
    Our entire country is weird, not just the government.
    Example: honey boo boo

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app
    Aquila, msndrstood and mrsmumbles like this.
    10-22-2013 07:50 PM
    Our entire country is weird, not just the government.
    Example: honey boo boo

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app
    lol lol lol

10-22-2013 07:50 PM
    Sure can't fake ID's right?

Some police officers have the ability, in their patrol car, to scan the bar codes on drivers licenses. Using a computerized system to detect fakes would be efficient. Think about it, customs already does something similar with passports.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure can't fake ID's right?

Some police officers have the ability, in their patrol car, to scan the bar codes on drivers licenses. Using a computerized system to detect fakes would be efficient. Think about it, customs already does something similar with passports.
    10-22-2013 08:33 PM
    Who said anything would ever be 100% with humans involved? I even said to bring in the robots, which Matt readily agreed with (but i think that's only because he seems as smart as a robot too, but that's not important right now) (Quote Leslie Nielson - "It's a building with a lot of patients, but that's not important right now." )

And what's wrong with the government having everyone's fingerprint? It's only a problem for you if you do shady things, no?

Your S.S. number?
    Your full name?
    Your dog's name?
    Credit card numbers?
    Email addresses?
    Your favorite color?

You REALLY think they don't already know all this about you and fingerprints will make a real difference??

LOL

•• Signatures, shmignatures...
    People who think that the government does not already have that information must be plain stupid, there is no other word to describe it. Hell, I had to put almost all of that information on my paperwork for a security clearance when I was in the military.
    10-22-2013 08:38 PM
    The Post Office in and of itself is weird. Moving from one neighborhood in N.Y.C. to another neighborhood in N.Y.C. threw them for a total loop with me. Don't even bring up my move down south, smh smh.

Where'd you come from?

•• Signatures, shmignatures...
    That's an understatement. I can't stand the Post Office. Even my in move from Richmond to Virginia Beach, I am still encountering issues. At least most of my important mail I changed online, but still...
    10-22-2013 08:39 PM

Your S.S. number?
    Your full name?
    Your dog's name?
    Credit card numbers?
    Email addresses?
    Your favorite color?

LOL

Knowing and KNOWING are different? Catch my meaning?

And voluntarily handing it over is also different.

So you put a hassle on a portion of the population (come to find out, some of you don't want a portion to be able to vote at all) to prevent a really small percentage of voter fraud?

Btw, not wanting a few "types" of people to be able to vote goes directly against the Constitution. The one that a few of you say you want to follow to the letter.

msndrstood and craZDude like this.
    10-22-2013 08:47 PM

So you put a hassle on a portion of the population (come to find out, some of you don't want a portion to be able to vote at all) to prevent a really small percentage of voter fraud?

Btw, not wanting a few "types" of people to be able to vote goes directly against the Constitution. The one that a few of you say you want to follow to the letter.

The problem with our Constitution is that it is so flexible that anyone can interpret it into their own words. Your right to bear arms is different than that guy that guy who goes hunting 365 days a year.

Sent from the last HTC device with a removable battery on T-Mobile
    10-22-2013 08:53 PM

Playing the 'ol Words in Mouths game again.

Sorry if I don't think that the election of a world leader should come by way of at least somewhat intelligent and responsible people.

I can't believe that's a problem.

10-22-2013 09:02 PM
    Playing the 'ol Words in Mouths game again.

Sorry if I don't think that the election of a world leader should come by way of at least somewhat intelligent and responsible people.

I can't believe that's a problem.

I can't believe you're OK taking rights away. Those that are specifically stated in the Constitution. After everything else you've said in this and other threads.

Words were not put in your mouth (I didn't mention anyone specifically). Some people said exactly what I said they did. Do I need to go back and quote it or are you intelligent enough to go find it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    10-22-2013 09:09 PM
    The problem with our Constitution is that it is so flexible that anyone can interpret it into their own words. Your right to bear arms is different than that guy that guy who goes hunting 365 days a year.

It's a good thing we have a body of government that does that, and that real interpretation isn't left up to the individual.

craZDude likes this.
    10-22-2013 09:10 PM
    Do I need to go back and quote it or are you intelligent enough to go find it?
    Wow, so condescension is permitted now?

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-22-2013 09:17 PM
    It's a good thing we have a body of government that does that, and that real interpretation isn't left up to the individual.

It can be tossed around so easily. The only reason why the WBC hasn't been arrested or fined is because they say that "God" is making them do it and because of how our Bill of Rights allows anyone to follow any religion, they're protected by it. It can be used for good or evil in short.

10-22-2013 09:17 PM
    Wow, so condescension is permitted now?

That's all you have to say? You can accuse me of something and be somewhat condescending but when I respond in kind it's not OK?

Did you go back and look for those posts?

10-22-2013 09:21 PM
    That's all you have to say? You can accuse me of something and be somewhat condescending but when I respond in kind it's not OK?

Did you go back and look for those posts?

I never said anything about a 'type' of person (as you implied). I spoke of wanting responsible and informed people to do the electing of world leaders, and, by the way, I think that should be worldwide, not just here.

A "type" of person?
    No. I didn't imply that (hence the words-in-mouth comment).

An informed person?
    Yes.
    Just so you know... An INFORMED, INTELLIGENT person can be of any race, creed, background, color, size, shape, monetary status....

Surprised?

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-22-2013 09:30 PM
    I never said anything about a 'type' of person (as you implied). I spoke of wanting responsible and informed people to do the electing of world leaders, and, by the way, I think that should be worldwide, not just here.

A "type" of person?
    No. I didn't imply that (hence the words-in-mouth comment).

An informed person?
    Yes.
    Just so you know... An INFORMED, INTELLIGENT person can be of any race, creed, background, color, size, shape, monetary status....

Surprised?

Foot in mouth. You avoided commenting on what I was specifically talking about. So my apologies.

(you're saying something similar though. Correct me if I'm wrong)

Everything I said about preventing people to vote still stands. Who would determine (and how would it be determined) who is informed and intelligent? Also, how would that not prevent people from voting, which is a guaranteed right in this country?

10-22-2013 09:40 PM

Where'd you come from?

Well, I went from Chicago to NY as a young person, then back to Chicago about 10 years ago, then back to the NE, but not NY. :-)

I know a lot of people have po problems but I never did until I moved here. It's a vendetta by the mail carrier. She stopped bringing my mail and began sending it back to senders because I don't pick it up everyday and we've actually talked about it. She knows I'm here...

10-23-2013 04:50 AM
    Well, I went from Chicago to NY as a young person, then back to Chicago about 10 years ago, then back to the NE, but not NY. :-)

I know a lot of people have po problems but I never did until I moved here. It's a vendetta by the mail carrier. She stopped bringing my mail and began sending it back to senders because I don't pick it up everyday and we've actually talked about it. She knows I'm here...

Sounds like a formal complaint is in order.

10-23-2013 05:44 AM
    Foot in mouth. You avoided commenting on what I was specifically talking about. So my apologies.

(you're saying something similar though. Correct me if I'm wrong)

Everything I said about preventing people to vote still stands. Who would determine (and how would it be determined) who is informed and intelligent? Also, how would that not prevent people from voting, which is a guaranteed right in this country?

Who would determine (and how would it be determined) who is informed and intelligent?

As I said not too long ago; At LEAST a High School Diploma (no GED).

Who would determine whom is informed and intelligent?

Maybe along with a H.S. Diploma, be able to pass a test (not unlike a written driver's test), but one that relates to U.S. and even World History. Lest we repeat all the mistakes of people before our time.

*And voting a "guaranteed right" in this country?

Yeah, for now.
    With all the changes we've seen in this country over the last twenty years, nothing would shock me anymore.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-23-2013 06:13 AM
    Sounds like a formal complaint is in order.

Yeah... But I don't know if she's worth the energy and may only bring me more ill will as long as I stay here. I'm hoping I'll be able to move before too much longer. I'm just not sure where I want to be anymore.

Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2
    10-23-2013 06:25 AM
    Yeah... But I don't know if she's worth the energy and may only bring me more ill will as long as I stay here. I'm hoping I'll be able to move before too much longer. I'm just not sure where I want to be anymore.

Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2
    Understandable.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-23-2013 06:39 AM
    Who would determine (and how would it be determined) who is informed and intelligent?

As I said not too long ago; At LEAST a High School Diploma (no GED).

Who would determine whom is informed and intelligent?

Maybe along with a H.S. Diploma, be able to pass a test (not unlike a written driver's test), but one that relates to U.S. and even World History. Lest we repeat all the mistakes of people before our time.

*And voting a "guaranteed right" in this country?

Yeah, for now.
    With all the changes we've seen in this country over the last twenty years, nothing would shock me anymore.

Um, I have a GED and graduated college, so I'm not supposed to be able to vote?!

I am stunned by that comment. Stunned.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    10-23-2013 08:04 AM
    Um, I have a GED and graduated college, so I'm not supposed to be able to vote?!

I am stunned by that comment. Stunned.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    Sorry, we could take that one off the table.

Edit:
    What I meant was no further education after a GED.

10-23-2013 08:12 AM
749 ... 2324252627 ...