11-14-2013 07:34 PM
749 ... 2627282930
tools
    Over here its free to run, the only thing is you need $ to advertise. Chances are If your a former lawyer or economist the liberal or labour party would recruit you real quick.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    10-31-2013 07:48 AM
    Over here its free to run, the only thing is you need $ to advertise. Chances are If your a former lawyer or economist the liberal or labour party would recruit you real quick.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    Pretty sure it's the same here. Unless there are fees to get on the ballot or something like that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Fairclough likes this.
    10-31-2013 07:50 AM
    Am I the only one that noticed all of the Obama adds during the election? Hell he even had his own channel on dish his first election. I wish they had a cap on how much could be spent.
    Did Romney have trouble raising funds to match Obama?
    10-31-2013 12:53 PM
    Did Romney have trouble raising funds to match Obama?
    None at all. Obama's campaign raised more but Romney spent more. All numbers were very close to a billion. They both self financed right around the same 29 million.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    10-31-2013 12:57 PM
    None at all. Obama's campaign raised more but Romney spent more. All numbers were very close to a billion. They both self financed right around the same 29 million.

How much of that money was from tax dollars?

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile
    10-31-2013 12:59 PM
    How much of that money was from tax dollars?

As far as I know, 0 for both. Is that a thing?

10-31-2013 01:00 PM
    As far as I know, 0 for both. Is that a thing?
    I think you can donate $1 on your IRS tax return to contribute to a presidential election fund, but I think most candidates elect to use other funds.
    10-31-2013 01:09 PM
    This is what a shutdown should look like:
    10-31-2013 10:39 PM
    They, being millionaires many times over, are better insulated from a shutdown than the public.

11-01-2013 06:48 AM
    I think you can donate $1 on your IRS tax return to contribute to a presidential election fund, but I think most candidates elect to use other funds.
    Do you get to pick which party gets the money you donate or not?
    11-02-2013 12:53 PM
    Do you get to pick which party gets the money you donate or not?
    It depends on if you're rich or not

plumbrich likes this.
    11-03-2013 04:40 PM
    It depends on if you're rich or not

So I guess that it's a no then?
    11-04-2013 04:45 PM
    So I guess that it's a no then?
    I looked this up. You can choose a party (dem or pub only) but not a person or level. IE you can't say use it on the TN Senator seat, etc.

11-04-2013 05:43 PM
    I looked this up. You can choose a party (dem or pub only) but not a person or level. IE you can't say use it on the TN Senator seat, etc.

I am not giving the government any more money than I am required to. Quick question: I am in Virginia, so is it possible my money would go to someone in Florida?
    11-06-2013 04:33 PM
    To answer your question.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    11-06-2013 04:38 PM
    To answer your question.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/07/a7ezeve8.jpg

Ahh but in an effort to prove one point, you have uncovered a value of the right. That is that the government needs to stay out of the free market and quit picking winners with subsidies. I can think of the failure that is the entire "green" technology industry for one.
    11-06-2013 05:01 PM
    Ahh but in an effort to prove one point, you have uncovered a value of the right. That is that the government needs to stay out of the free market and quit picking winners with subsidies. I can think of the failure that is the entire "green" technology industry for one.
    This failure?

11-06-2013 05:06 PM
    This failure?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/07/8yry5u3e.jpg

Why yes to power all the vehicles that you and I pay $7500 for every time one is sold.

And all of these companies:

http://www.greentechmedia.com/articl...olar-Companies

http://www.dividedstates.com/list-of...lar-companies/

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/30/as...t-or-troubled/

I personally interviewed with Eastman chemical company that toured me around their facility(city would be a better description) a year ago. They show me where their solar panel technology building had been. When I asked why "had", the engineer responded with "The project was funded by stimulus money. Now that the funding has run out, we have found that the project cannot be profitable, so we are selling everything to China.
    11-06-2013 05:41 PM
    And why isn't it profitable? China.

11-06-2013 05:42 PM
    And why isn't it profitable? China.

Didnt go into details.

Point was, that the project was funded with our money. We are however not going to ever see any benefit from it because whatever jobs or technology was created by it is no longer in this country.
    11-06-2013 05:46 PM
    Exactly, because China has a stranglehold on the manufacture and sales of solar panels. We are seeing windmills pop up everywhere around us. Renewable is going to be the future, ultimately it has to be. Hydrocarbon fuels are finite. It is inevitable. Either we get on the train now or we lose out later.

11-06-2013 05:50 PM
    Exactly, because China has a stranglehold on the manufacture and sales of solar panels. We are seeing windmills pop up everywhere around us. Renewable is going to be the future, ultimately it has to be. Hydrocarbon fuels are finite. It is inevitable. Either we get on the train now or we lose out later.

They also have no minimum wage which I am willing to bet you would not support having in the US.

I am fine with renewable energy. I am fine with limited funding to support research to be open to everyone to use.

I am not fine with my money going to failed companies and subsidizing inferior products just so the can compete in a market. If something is not profitable, it should not be in the market and my money should not be funding its inevitable failure.

As far as energy goes, I am an all of the above guy. More drilling. More nuclear. More solar. More wind. Mover water. More everything. Just don't use my money to choose who wins the fight...
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    11-06-2013 06:00 PM

What about the the windmills that have been out in the Midwest for decades?

Signatures, shmignatures...
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    11-06-2013 06:01 PM
    Exactly. Because your money and mine is going to big oil and corporate farms. Whatever happened to not bailing out big companies? These guys get a bail out every year of taxpayer money while posting record profits year after year. The only voice of outrage you hear for that is from the left.

11-06-2013 06:06 PM
    What about the the windmills that have been out in the Midwest for decades?

Signatures, shmignatures...
    Actually, as far as individual windmills go, the blade technology has reached a peak. The only large advancements left are in the gearing that transfers the power. Even that is reaching the limits of its efficiency.

The big development for wind mills is the farm layout. To many or bad placement and the efficiency of the farm suffers greatly. The last numbers I saw said it would not be sustainable as a solo power source for a sizeable population. It would have to work in parallel with some other form of energy production.
    11-06-2013 06:09 PM
749 ... 2627282930