11-14-2013 07:34 PM
749 ... 27282930
tools
    Then we better get cracking on that tech. Put Google on that right away.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    11-06-2013 06:10 PM
    Exactly. Because your money and mine is going to big oil and corporate farms. Whatever happened to not bailing out big companies? These guys get a bail out every year of taxpayer money while posting record profits year after year. The only voice of outrage you hear for that is from the left.

I actually agree with you, but I imagine the left would be singing a different tune if gas was 10-15$ a gallon.
    11-06-2013 06:11 PM
    So we're subsidizing our gas prices for the good of the country?

11-06-2013 06:12 PM
    Then we better get cracking on that tech. Put Google on that right away.

This is the answer. Google is in charge of R&D for the world. All projects are thiers to develop.

I can dig it :-D
    11-06-2013 06:13 PM

Is that something new?

Signatures, shmignatures...
    11-06-2013 06:21 PM
    Depends on your point of view.

11-06-2013 06:22 PM

Would depend on if the cost of the subsidies was less than the cost of the overall economy without them. Gas effects the price of everything because everything has to be delivered.

I don't generally support the subsidies because I generally don't support any subsidies, but with the proper data I could be convinced to support the subsidies that effect the oil industry. The math could possibly work out.
    11-06-2013 06:23 PM
    Oil companies only make 5-10 cents a gallon on gas. Guess who makes the most money? That's right. The us government.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    11-06-2013 06:27 PM
    The oil companies are making billions in profit every quarter. The federal taxes aren't as much as you'd think. States get in on the game too.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=20093917

The total breakdown

http://energyalmanac.ca.gov/gasoline/margins/

palandri likes this.
    11-06-2013 06:39 PM
    The oil companies are making billions in profit every quarter. The federal taxes aren't as much as you'd think. States get in on the game too.

The total breakdown

As usual, the general public loses.

Guess what... I didn't even click any links, and i already knew that.

Hmm... don't Democrats consider themselves the general public?

11-06-2013 06:49 PM
    The history of federal excise tax on gasoline. Started in 1932 as a revenue generator during the Depression. Raised by Eisenhower, Reagan, Bush 41 and Clinton.

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/infrastructure/gastax.cfm

palandri likes this.
    11-06-2013 07:07 PM
    As usual, the general public loses.

Guess what... I didn't even click any links, and i already knew that.

Hmm... don't Democrats consider themselves the general public?

What?! I'm doing all the heavy lifting here, the least the class can do is read the damn assignments.

palandri likes this.
    11-06-2013 07:10 PM

The total breakdown

So just because they make a good profit, its OK that the government act like mobsters in a neighborhood to get their cut?

So, by that rationale, if you sold goods the government should make more from the goods than you and they have no vested interest.

Why does everyone look at companies or individuals as being evil if they make money? That is the purpose of a business is to make profits and employees working for those companies make a living.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    11-06-2013 08:42 PM
    They are being taxed on many fronts, state and local taking their share. If you're for smaller federal government, it's the local governments that tax people more than the federal government. You do want those roads and bridges, right? If the feds decrease their contribution because of lowered taxes, that money had to be made up somewhere, voila, state and local taxes.

Don't be fooled by the boohoo of the oil companies, they make plenty of profit. 4+ billion a quarter isn't enough? That's after taxes, btw.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...e-tax-benefits

palandri and craZDude like this.
    11-07-2013 01:34 AM
    They are being taxed on many fronts, state and local taking their share. If you're for smaller federal government, it's the local governments that tax people more than the federal government. You do want those roads and bridges, right? If the feds decrease their contribution because of lowered taxes, that money had to be made up somewhere, voila, state and local taxes.

Don't be fooled by the boohoo of the oil companies, they make plenty of profit. 4+ billion a quarter isn't enough? That's after taxes, btw.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...e-tax-benefits

Don't be fooled by the Boohoo of the government. Why do we pay taxes?the government is only suppose to be responsible for 2 things, roads and military. The money that gets taken out of my check should be going to the roads. And who are you or the government to say how much profit it plenty? Would it be different if it were you and they said the money you make is enough? The government makes more of a profit than the oil companies do off of a gallon of gas. Why is that acceptable?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    11-07-2013 07:08 AM
    Don't be fooled by the Boohoo of the government. Why do we pay taxes?the government is only suppose to be responsible for 2 things, roads and military. The money that gets taken out of my check should be going to the roads.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    According to who/what?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    palandri likes this.
    11-07-2013 07:32 AM
    Heres what the constitution says:

The Constitutions Preamble says the federal government was established (and the Constitution was adopted) to form a more perfect union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquillity, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.
    The Constitutions articles, and the subsequent Amendments, specify the prerogatives of the Feds. They are listed in Article I, Sec. 8; Articles II-V; Amendments XIII-XVI, XIX-XX, XXIII-XXVI. These prerogatives belong to one of the following categories:
    1) Defense, war prosecution, peace, foreign relations, foreign commerce, and interstate commerce;
    2) The protection of citizens constitutional rights (e.g the right to vote) and ensuring that slavery remains illegal;
    3) Establishing federal courts inferior to the SCOTUS;
    4) Copyright protection;
    5) Coining money;
    6) Establishing post offices and post roads;
    7) Establishing a national set of universal weights and measures;
    8 ) Taxation needed to raise revenue to perform these essential functions.
    Those are the only prerogatives of the Feds. The Tenth Amendment states that all prerogatives not explicitly given to the Federal Government, nor prohibited of the states, are reserved to the states or to the people (i.e. individual Americans). So the Feds are not allowed to handle any issues not explicitly listed in the Constitution; their prerogatives are limited to what the Constitution explicitly states.

Sent from a device that supports the proposed 28th amendment
    Scott7217 likes this.
    11-07-2013 07:57 AM
    Heres what the constitution says:

The Constitutions Preamble says the federal government was established (and the Constitution was adopted) to form a more perfect union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquillity, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.
    The Constitutions articles, and the subsequent Amendments, specify the prerogatives of the Feds. They are listed in Article I, Sec. 8; Articles II-V; Amendments XIII-XVI, XIX-XX, XXIII-XXVI. These prerogatives belong to one of the following categories:
    1) Defense, war prosecution, peace, foreign relations, foreign commerce, and interstate commerce;
    2) The protection of citizens constitutional rights (e.g the right to vote) and ensuring that slavery remains illegal;
    3) Establishing federal courts inferior to the SCOTUS;
    4) Copyright protection;
    5) Coining money;
    6) Establishing post offices and post roads;
    7) Establishing a national set of universal weights and measures;
    8 ) Taxation needed to raise revenue to perform these essential functions.
    Those are the only prerogatives of the Feds. The Tenth Amendment states that all prerogatives not explicitly given to the Federal Government, nor prohibited of the states, are reserved to the states or to the people (i.e. individual Americans). So the Feds are not allowed to handle any issues not explicitly listed in the Constitution; their prerogatives are limited to what the Constitution explicitly states.

I figured that would be the reply. The Constitution forms a basis, and has been changed through amendments, laws, and court judgments. It can't be taken literally anymore, since almost every part of it has been touched by some form of legislation, slowly transforming into what it is today.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-07-2013 07:59 AM
    Yay rule of law and limited government!

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile
    11-07-2013 08:00 AM
    I figured that would be the reply. The Constitution forms a basis, and has been changed through amendments, laws, and court judgments. It can't be taken literally anymore, since almost every part of it has been touched by some form of legislation, slowly transforming into what it is today.

Likewise, I figured that would be your response. The constitution was set up to prevent overreach. It clearly defines what the federal role as and most of the time they sidestep the constitution.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    11-07-2013 08:36 AM
    Likewise, I figured that would be your response. The constitution was set up to prevent overreach. It clearly defines what the federal role as and most of the time they sidestep the constitution.

Our government barely follows the Constitution. Its more of an optional thing for them now.

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile
    11-07-2013 09:43 AM

The President swears to uphold the Constitution the very first day he takes office... NOT to dissect it and butcher it.

cdmjlt369 and mrsmumbles like this.
    11-07-2013 09:49 AM

The changes that have been made were done following the process outlined in the Constitution.

The President swears to uphold the Constitution the very first day he takes office... NOT to dissect it and butcher it.

He doesn't make laws. Now we're going in circles....

palandri likes this.
    11-07-2013 10:36 AM
    He doesn't make laws. Now we're going in circles....

I never said anything about him making laws, smh.

11-07-2013 10:51 AM
    I never said anything about him making laws, smh.

This is the same problem I was having before; i.e. I would make an argument based on what someone said, then that person (in this instance you, llamabreath) would claim you either didn't say that or rely on the ambiguity of your post to disagree with the argument being made.

So what did you mean then, when you implied Obama "dissects and butchers" the Constitution?
    palandri likes this.
    11-07-2013 10:54 AM
749 ... 27282930