11-14-2013 07:34 PM
749 123 ...
tools
    What are your thoughts on the U. S. Government shutdown?
    10-02-2013 01:11 PM
    Don't know how i'll survive this, what with all those national parks and cemeteries closed.

As long as i can still get pizza, i'll make due with this major, MAJOR inconvenience.
    10-02-2013 03:19 PM
    It's an embarrassment. We're acting like a third world country. Temper tantrums abound in Congress and the American people pay the price.

Sent via Note II
    10-02-2013 04:32 PM
    Don't know how i'll survive this, what with all those national parks and cemeteries closed.

As long as i can still get pizza, i'll make due with this major, MAJOR inconvenience.
    Pizza and beer is all I need to survive. It is times like this that make me glad that I am no longer a government employee. I hope that the House has the balls to stand their ground and not give the Senate what they want. I remember obama saying that he wanted the government sequester previously, so it looks like a shut down is really going to make his day. I do hope that those who voted for him are hurt the worse by the shutdown and the effects that it has.
    10-02-2013 04:51 PM
    Pizza and beer is all I need to survive. It is times like this that make me glad that I am no longer a government employee. I hope that the House has the balls to stand their ground and not give the Senate what they want. I remember obama saying that he wanted the government sequester previously, so it looks like a shut down is really going to make his day. I do hope that those who voted for him are hurt the worse by the shutdown and the effects that it has.
    I didn't see anything you wrote after pizza and beer.
    10-02-2013 05:11 PM
    There will be no caving by the Dems this time. It's time for Republicans to accept the ACA as law. Period.

Sent via Note II
    10-02-2013 05:16 PM
    There will be no caving by the Dems this time. It's time for Republicans to accept the ACA as law. Period.

Sent via Note II
    Hmm...

What about We the People?
    xdalaw and Erick Newman like this.
    10-02-2013 05:20 PM
    Riot! Hehe jk. Just move about my life without a care about the government.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-02-2013 05:27 PM
    Hmm...

What about We the People?
    We the people voted and re-elected the President. He ran on the ACA and won twice. The Republicans need to get over it and move on. 8.3 million people signed onto the healthcare.gov site on Day 1. That should tell you the need is out there.

Sent via Note II
    Fairclough likes this.
    10-02-2013 05:36 PM
    We the people voted and re-elected the President. He ran on the ACA and won twice. The Republicans need to get over it and move on. 8.3 million people signed onto the healthcare.gov site on Day 1. That should tell you the need is out there.

Sent via Note II
    Didn't mean to thank that post.
    I know (and everybody knows) "the need is out there".

It's just that Obamacare has NOTHING to do with that need.

NOTHING.

AT ALL.

I'm pretty surprised (and very disappointed) at how relentlessly you defend Him and also This.

Oh well.
    mrsmumbles and Erick Newman like this.
    10-02-2013 05:59 PM
    Any Obama supporters care to explain why there's more security at the 24hr, open-air WWII Memorial today (to keep out those ever so dangerous wheelchair-bound veterans) than there was at Benghazi on 9/11?

Erick Newman likes this.
    10-02-2013 06:30 PM
    You see the President differently than I do. So let's just leave it at that. Nothing I say will ever change your opinion of him, and that's fine. We're never going to agree, so there is no point going over why I support him because you will refute everything I say and I will get upset so let's just leave it at that.

Let's talk about how the shutdown and debt ceiling are about to crash head on.

If this country defaults on the debt while we are in shutdown, everything we've been arguing about is moot.

That is Armageddon.

Which, for the Tea Party, may be the end game.

Sent via Note II
    jdbii and Fairclough like this.
    10-02-2013 08:07 PM
    And you think Obama gave that order specifically to keep out the veterans? You've got to get off whatever Bachmann is smoking.

All the National Monuments are closed. The Republicans decided to use the ACA as a bargaining tool, they are responsible. The President warned them months ago.

A majority of Republicans are livid that a small contingent of their party is doing this. The Senate Republicans are furious at Raphael and cornered him in a conference today. All of the Senate Republicans. Think about that. They blame him for this fiasco and demanded an explanation of his end game. He admitted he had none. This is what is driving this mess. A junior Senator that has been in office for 10 months has brought the government to a standstill. And doesn't have a way out of it.

Sent via Note II
    jdbii likes this.
    10-02-2013 08:16 PM

Sent via Note II
    They voted for Obama, not the ACA. It was already law, and according to polls, about 65% of the population is opposed to it. 8.3 million out of 300 million isn't much, and I read that the actual number is between 2.8 and 4.7 million.
    xdalaw likes this.
    10-02-2013 08:18 PM
    Any Obama supporters care to explain why there's more security at the 24hr, open-air WWII Memorial today (to keep out those ever so dangerous wheelchair-bound veterans) than there was at Benghazi on 9/11?

••
    +1
    10-02-2013 08:19 PM
    Didn't mean to thank that post.
    I know (and everybody knows) "the need is out there".

It's just that Obamacare has NOTHING to do with that need.

NOTHING.

AT ALL.

I'm pretty surprised (and very disappointed) at how relentlessly you defend Him and also This.

Oh well.
    So It surprises and disappoints you that someone supports the president? More than half of the voters supported him in November.

I always find it funny when people are so wrapped up in the fox news, tea party, conservative talk radio rhetoric that they are shocked when someone speaks in favor of the pres.

He is far from perfect but he is much better than what we've had in the past.

Sent from my White Moto X
    10-02-2013 08:21 PM
    Obama=ACA. Everyone who voted for him knows that.

And 8.3 out of possible 30 million uninsured is a pretty fair number for the first day. And the servers crashed, as I knew they would, because of traffic. People want to be able to see a doctor, for crying out loud. What in God's name it's wrong with that?

Sent via Note II
    palandri, jdbii and Fairclough like this.
    10-02-2013 08:21 PM
    Tell me why this doesn't help fill the need for healthcare?

Sent via Note II
    palandri and jdbii like this.
    10-02-2013 08:28 PM
    It's not a shut down it's a stalemate! Negotiations is none and the results is no bill to pass and one of those is the budget bill for the next fiscal year even that number is not even negotiable! It's a deadlock which causes government to self destruct! Yes majority rule but in the Constitution there's also respect the opinion of the minority! They're not in charge but they can sure do some real damage!

Posted via Android Central App
    10-02-2013 08:45 PM
    Let's watch the markets in the next few days. Money talks. As soon as the Dow and S & P start to plummet, the tide will turn.

Sent via Note II
    palandri and jdbii like this.
    10-02-2013 08:47 PM
    The Politics forums can at times become a heated place where sensitive subjects are often discussed. While some moderation leniency is practiced in this forum, we ask that you pay special attention to the following, as set out in our community guidelines:
    Be polite. Keep your language clean and appropriate. Refrain from personal attacks or insults to other members. Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Discrimination or harassment is not tolerated. Be courteous to other forum members regardless of their race, age, nationality, country of residence, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, political views or religious beliefs.

Thread has been cleaned up.
    10-02-2013 09:02 PM
    Benghazi was an example of poor leadership. Washington ignored the requests for more security, which proved to be a major lapse in judgment. Remember what happened when Bush ignored the President's Daily Brief ("Bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US")? 9/11 occurred, of course. Obama should learn from history. Always heed the warning signs or suffer the consequences.

As for the federal government shutdown, I actually don't mind it. When the government is closed, you learn really fast which services are essential and which are not. I would use that information to figure out which departments to downsize or eliminate in the future.
    10-03-2013 05:03 AM
    I am surprised no one has brought up the G.O.P.'s Suicide Caucus who send the letter to Boehner demanding no money go to the ACA

Where the G.O.P.'s Suicide Caucus Lives : The New Yorker
    10-03-2013 06:43 AM
    You see the President differently than I do..... Nothing I say will ever change your opinion of him...
    That's a two-way street.
    10-03-2013 08:05 AM
    Let's watch the markets in the next few days. Money talks. As soon as the Dow and S & P start to plummet, the tide will turn.

Sent via Note II
    "Never let a good crisis goto waste."
    Erick Newman likes this.
    10-03-2013 08:06 AM
749 123 ...