10-30-2013 01:49 AM
229 1234 ...
tools
    Doesn't matter, why is it OK to trample one constitutional right and a travesty to touch another? If you don't think electing an ***** harms anyone take a look at the last 5 yrs.

Signatures, shmignatures...
    10-17-2013 10:49 AM
    Doesn't matter, why is it OK to trample one constitutional right and a travesty to touch another? If you don't think electing an ***** harms anyone take a look at the last 5 yrs.
    Don't go there. I can say the same for the previous 8 years. Let's keep it civil shall we?

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    palandri likes this.
    10-17-2013 10:50 AM
    How is it any different than having to register in the first place? You have to travel for that. Same exact place in my experience.
    Years ago when we built our house, a local attorney did voter registration and knocked on our door, we didn't have to drive anywhere to register to vote.

palandri likes this.
    10-17-2013 10:51 AM
    Years ago when we built our house, a local attorney did voter registration and knocked on our door, we didn't have to drive anywhere to register to vote.

I have never experienced that or even heard of it happening. I need to go register again(moved) and am going to have to go to the DMV to get it.

No matter how the registration process is done, this can become a part of it.
    10-17-2013 10:55 AM
    What if they are free? Like in Alabama

And besides, you have to pay to travel to the poll. To travel to registration. I dont see any states offering free transportation for all citizens to polls. Are we going to mandate that now so voting is "free"?
    Here's what I see in Alabama for obtaining a state ID:

Regardless of why you do not own a driver's license, you will still need to apply for an ID card for various reasons, ranging from leisure activities to travel. Getting an ID card in Alabama is simple, and you should begin the ID card application process as soon as you are ready.

Obtaining a new ID card

To apply for an ID, first, you should plan a visit to your local driver's license office.

You will need to bring your Social Security card and $23.50 (cash or credit card) along with:

Certified U.S. birth certificate (or)
    U.S. passport
    Certificate of Naturalization
    Certificate of Citizenship
    U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad
    Resident Alien Card
    Valid foreign passport with valid U.S. immigration document

You may also need a third form of identification, but only if one of the above documents does not contain a photo. For a list of these documents, click here.
    10-17-2013 10:55 AM
    Don't go there. I can say the same for the previous 8 years. Let's keep it civil shall we?

Sure, so answer why is it OK **** on my 2nd amendment rights but we can turn a blind eye when it comes time to voting. The left screams voter suppression among minorities, what's stopping Sharpton or Jackson from setting up a program to take urban voters to the DMV and get their ID? Collect donations if you must if the $20 is too much to take away from their drug habit.
    10-17-2013 10:57 AM
    That's the same in PA, except the free is $13.50.

And, btw, I do not have a raised seal birth certificate. I have my original which did not have that seal years ago. Since I live in PA, I'd have to drive another 50 miles in the opposite direction to get one then turn around and drive 100 miles to Harrisburg to get the ID. Undue burden.

I just keep repeating myself over and over again, so unless someone acknowledges that it is an undue burden on some voters, there is no further point in my being in the discussion. Just saying.

palandri likes this.
    10-17-2013 10:58 AM
    Sure, so answer why is it OK **** on my 2nd amendment rights but we can turn a blind eye when it comes time to voting. The left screams voter suppression among minorities, what's stopping Sharpton or Jackson from setting up a program to take urban voters to the DMV and get their ID? Collect donations if you must if the $20 is too much to take away from their drug habit.
    WoW! Are you sure that's what you wanted to say?
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-17-2013 10:58 AM
    That is uncalled for. Why do you assume everyone is on drugs.

This discussion is going no where. Again.

palandri likes this.
    10-17-2013 11:02 AM
    WoW! Are you sure that's what you wanted to say?

Is alcohol and nicotine not a drug? How much is a pack of cigs in Chicago? $11/pack?
    10-17-2013 11:10 AM
    Is alcohol and nicotine not a drug? How much is a pack of cigs in Chicago? $11/pack?
    I don't think that was your original intention. And still, why do you assume?

10-17-2013 11:15 AM
    Here's what I see in Alabama for obtaining a state ID:

Regardless of why you do not own a driver's license, you will still need to apply for an ID card for various reasons, ranging from leisure activities to travel. Getting an ID card in Alabama is simple, and you should begin the ID card application process as soon as you are ready.

Obtaining a new ID card

To apply for an ID, first, you should plan a visit to your local driver's license office.

You will need to bring your Social Security card and $23.50 (cash or credit card) along with:

Certified U.S. birth certificate (or)
    U.S. passport
    Certificate of Naturalization
    Certificate of Citizenship
    U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad
    Resident Alien Card
    Valid foreign passport with valid U.S. immigration document

You may also need a third form of identification, but only if one of the above documents does not contain a photo. For a list of these documents, click here.
    Starts 2014 with all the other requirements:

http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/06/stat..._ids_unde.html
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-17-2013 11:17 AM

And, btw, I do not have a raised seal birth certificate. I have my original which did not have that seal years ago. Since I live in PA, I'd have to drive another 50 miles in the opposite direction to get one then turn around and drive 100 miles to Harrisburg to get the ID. Undue burden.

I just keep repeating myself over and over again, so unless someone acknowledges that it is an undue burden on some voters, there is no further point in my being in the discussion. Just saying.

If you are not ambulatory and elderly you can fill out an absentee ballot, problem solved in your scenario.

There are a lot of burdens we face day in and day out, we deal with it, we make due. If 90% of Americans already have an ID then I think the other 10% can suck it up, if they need help getting it, then lets help them. Isn't that really what the bedrock principle of what Obamacare is, everyone on the left is fine with that.
    10-17-2013 11:18 AM
    And you don't need ID for that absentee ballot either. They just mail it to your address, anyone could fill that out. Yet, when you go to vote (in my area anyway) they just compare your signature.

10-17-2013 11:20 AM
    I don't think that was your original intention. And still, why do you assume?

I don't assume, I see it day in and day out. Take drugs completely out of the mix, Jackson and Sharpton can help, communities will pull together and help those if they care enough. But helping those who need it isn't gonna get their faces plastered all over the tube, crying disenfranchisement will.
    10-17-2013 11:21 AM
    And you don't need ID for that absentee ballot either. They just mail it to your address, anyone could fill that out. Yet, when you go to vote (in my area anyway) they just compare your signature.

And clearly they'd have to tighten the requirements to request one.
    10-17-2013 11:22 AM

Like I said it can be free and part of the registration process. There will be an adjustment period like anything else, but the cut down on potential fraud is worth it.
    10-17-2013 11:23 AM
    There was a big push in the last general election to get the vote out here. There was no ID required but the R's had bill boards placed in strategic areas that said otherwise. Intimidation is the only reason.

As I said, I volunteer but was not needed in my area. So it's the grass roots people who are doing the heavy lifting. You are apparently stuck on the Revs for a reason. I will refrain from my opinion why, because, well, we all have one.

10-17-2013 11:25 AM

This is a big problem I have actually. I vote with an absentee ballot in the last election, and there was no checks for anything during the entire process. I sent in a form by mail and they sent me a ballot. It would be ridiculously easy to abuse.
    10-17-2013 11:25 AM
    But yet it's not.

10-17-2013 11:26 AM
    But yet it's not.

What? Abused? How would we ever know? Just like now. How do we know how many people that vote are who they say they are? We have no idea.
    10-17-2013 11:29 AM
    There was a big push in the last general election to get the vote out here. There was no ID required but the R's had bill boards placed in strategic areas that said otherwise. Intimidation is the only reason.

As I said, I volunteer but was not needed in my area. So it's the grass roots people who are doing the heavy lifting. You are apparently stuck on the Revs for a reason. I will refrain from my opinion why, because, well, we all have one.

And Black Panthers were at polling places, and the City of Chicago has an old slogan "Vote early, vote often". We probably lead the nation in votes cast from people in the ground. BS happens on both sides.
    10-17-2013 11:29 AM
    Thanks for the link!

I wonder why the State of Alabama doesn't specify that on their official site? It does bother me that even if you have a SSN and a birth certificate, you still need a 3rd form of photo ID. That may lead to voter suppression. I think the affidavit that South Dakota has is a good idea. If they lie on that form and turn out to be an illegal alien, they can be charged with perjury and deported .
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-17-2013 11:34 AM
    I always said to my husband when we discuss these online debates I have on here, I wonder how all the second amendment people who advocate open carry would feel if a group of black or Hispanic men would show up at a town hall meeting enmasse with open carry firearms. I see that, in fact, they don't need to be armed to be intimidating.

10-17-2013 11:35 AM
    I always said to my husband when we discuss these online debates I have on here, I wonder how all the second amendment people who advocate open carry would feel if a group of black or Hispanic men would show up at a town hall meeting enmasse with open carry firearms. I see that, in fact, they don't need to be armed to be intimidating.

If the guns were purchased legally and they passed the background check, I'm fine with it. Someones race or ethnicity doesn't intimidate me in the least.
    10-17-2013 11:38 AM
229 1234 ...