10-30-2013 01:49 AM
229 12345 ...
tools
    If the guns were purchased legally and they passed the background check, I'm fine with it. Someones race or ethnicity doesn't intimidate me in the least.
    But you mentioned the Black Panthers specifically. What was your point in that?

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    10-17-2013 11:39 AM
    There are volunteers on voting day that take voters to the polls. I volunteered but was not needed in my area.

Like I said, if they were free and EASY to obtain...

I guess I'm the only one here old enough and with health issues that might understand the difficulty of traveling 50 miles to get an ID in order to exercise my right to vote.

You guys don't want any added burdens on your second amendment rights, same for the rest of us who want to exercise our constitutional right to vote without undo hardship.

"If you are 70, don't drive, don't drink, you probably don't have that ID."
    If you go to the Social Security office, aren't you asked for an ID?
    10-17-2013 11:51 AM
    And even to use a credit card at any store (if the clerk is doing their job correctly).

Signatures, shmignatures...
    10-17-2013 11:54 AM
    What if you produce a birth certificate and a SSN card? That apparently isn't enough in Alabama to get a state ID.
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-17-2013 11:56 AM
    I'm not 70, I still drive. But my mother gave up her license and was already on Social Security and had no need to show ID any where.

palandri likes this.
    10-17-2013 11:58 AM
    And even to use a credit card at any store (if the clerk is doing their job correctly).

Rarely if ever asked for ID with a credit card. I can't remember the last time they asked for ID, they just wanted my money and they didn't care how they got it.

10-17-2013 12:00 PM
    Rarely if ever asked for ID with a credit card. I can't remember the last time they asked for ID, they just wanted my money and they didn't care how they got it.

That's why i added the part about the clerk doing their job correctly.

10-17-2013 12:02 PM
    What if you produce a birth certificate and a SSN card? That apparently isn't enough in Alabama to get a state ID.
    SS office requires a photo ID.

I just don't understand why it is just the left that is screaming and calling it voter suppression. They seem like a child caught with their hand in the cookie jar, and now don't want to be corrected.
    10-17-2013 12:05 PM
    I'm not 70, I still drive. But my mother gave up her license and was already on Social Security and had no need to show ID any where.

If she went to the SS office, then she would have to show ID.
    10-17-2013 12:06 PM
    That's why i added the part about the clerk doing their job correctly.

The only clerk that asked for ID is the liquor clerk at the local grocery store. I just show her my grey hair and say, 'old enough'? Lol

Seriously, they card people with walkers that are obviously in their 70's and 80's (it takes them longer to find their ID than it does to drink a beer)

The store has been popped so many times for selling to minors that they card everyone. And, I don't even drink. Killian's is my husband's friend. Lol

10-17-2013 12:07 PM
    If she went to the SS office, then she would have to show ID.
    No, she signed up over the phone. It was 1985.

10-17-2013 12:09 PM

I just don't understand why it is just the left that is screaming and calling it voter suppression. They seem like a child caught with their hand in the cookie jar, and now don't want to be corrected.
    I don't know, because the right just yells about gun rights I guess.

10-17-2013 12:10 PM
    No, she signed up over the phone. It was 1985.

What I am saying is that anyone that walks into a SS office to get help with a personal issue has to show a photo ID. Yeah, you can do stuff over the phone with just your SS#, but if you are face to face then you need an ID.
    10-17-2013 12:13 PM

Good answer. /smh
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-17-2013 12:14 PM

Interesting, so if you don't have photo ID you can't collect SS that you have paid into your whole life?

You don't want voter fraud; I don't want voter fraud. I don't want voter suppression and I would think you wouldn't want it either, correct? South Dakota's law of photo ID or signing an affidavit seems reasonable to me. If they lie on the affidavit, prosecute them.
    10-17-2013 12:16 PM
    It's called negotiating. I give a little, you give a little.

10-17-2013 12:17 PM
    Interesting, so if you don't have photo ID you can't collect SS that you have paid into your whole life?
    I don't know about that, but I do know that they will not discuss your personal info in person without an ID.
    10-17-2013 12:19 PM

I'm on the Right, never owned nor even shot a gun, certainly far, far, FAR from rich and i don't even know where the Old Testament ends and the New Testament begins.

So there goes the Left's theory.

10-17-2013 12:21 PM
    I'm on the Right, never owned nor even shot a gun, certainly far, far, FAR from rich and even i don't even know where the Old Testament ends and the New Testament begins.

So there goes the Left's theory.

Then you should talk to your brethren on the right because they have muddied the waters with their crazy talk. Have you been listening to the news lately? The crazy is strong with some of them. Really crazy. I have stories to tell...

10-17-2013 12:24 PM
    Then you should talk to your brethren on the right because they have muddied the waters with their crazy talk. Have you been listening to the news lately? The crazy is strong with some of them. Really crazy. I have stories to tell...

I've been listening to the news every day since my early twenties (half my life). I feel it's imperative that people know what goes on around them and elsewhere in this world.

msndrstood likes this.
    10-17-2013 12:28 PM
    But you mentioned the Black Panthers specifically. What was your point in that?

My point was BS to dissuade voters occurs on both sides. You mention billboards, I mentioned the black panthers.
    10-17-2013 01:06 PM

And there are not just as many crazies on the left?
    10-17-2013 01:10 PM
    I haven't heard anyone from the left suggest we turn our kids over to the State for capital punishment because they are unruly children.

http://m.arktimes.com/arkansas/blogs...h=10&year=2012

There's lots more from where that came from.

10-17-2013 01:16 PM
    I haven't heard anyone from the left suggest we turn our kids over to the State for capital punishment because they are unruly children.

http://m.arktimes.com/arkansas/blogs...h=10&year=2012

There's lots more from where that came from.

Deut 21, 18-21
    I HATE when people pick and choose what verses they want to follow/preach but bypass/ignore the ones that aren't as convenient for them.

A-android-B likes this.
    10-17-2013 02:58 PM
    Deut 21, 18-21
    I HATE when people pick and choose what verses they want to follow/preach but bypass/ignore the ones that aren't as convenient for them.

But that's what happens when you mix religion and politics.

A-android-B likes this.
    10-17-2013 02:59 PM
229 12345 ...