10-30-2013 01:49 AM
229 ... 56789 ...
tools
    How many "informed decisions" do you think there were in the last couple of major elections? Percentage will be fine.

•• Signatures, shmignatures...
    There were approximately 436 well educated voters in the 2012 election. They picked both candidates in the presidential election (for everyone else to choose from), 72% of the senate races and 85% of the house races. They sourced well over 60% of all money spent on all presidential candidates, over 70% of the money spent on the two party nominees and way over 50% of the money spent on Congressional seats. They, the most educated, literally picked their two to five ways of saying the same thing for everyone else to choose between. Everyone else just filled in a circle, punched a hole and/or screamed a lot.
    10-24-2013 05:22 AM
    If you want well educated voters. Let India vote for you. They have more HD students than america has children -_0.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    10-24-2013 06:23 AM
    If you want well educated voters. Let India vote for you. They have more HD students than america has children -_0.

Everyone should watch this video.
    These are 'educated voters'.

What are your thoughts on this -

Signatures, shmignatures...
    10-24-2013 06:34 AM
    In which branch of the military did you see people bragging about their vote?

If that behavior was not typical, then I'm not sure if it was a significant factor during the election, but only among the people you have met in the military. It's certainly possible elsewhere. We presume the Republicans would have taken this into consideration when planning their bid for the White House.
    I did communications in the Air Force, fun job btw. While the behavior was not typical of the whole military, I would say that it was typical amongst the black community, as I have heard from family members the same thing. I have a family member who's a police officer in Philadelphia, and he told me that he heard the same thing being said there.
    10-24-2013 10:10 AM
    If you don't have identification in this day and age then you are probably not participating in our society. To buy a home you need id to rent am apartment you need id to have a bank account you need id, to travel you need I'd, to get a job you need id, to cash a paycheck you need id, to get government assistance you need id, to attend college you need id I could go on of course. It is not complicated to get I'd. Now why is it that the same liberal mindset that objects to voter id laws because of the silly excuses you've given doesn't object to the intrusive questions, proof of identity, proof of income, the need to own a computer (much bigger expense than a driver's license) etc... necessary to register for obamacare. I think you've made a great argument that the obamacare law is like a poll tax. It fines you for not participating in it. Nobody forces you to vote we just want to make sure you do it only once per election. If you have no objections to obamacare then you can't object to voter id.
    Have a good day

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    I needed an ID when I bought my last gun. That infringes upon my Second Amendment. However, the liberals seem okay with trampling over that right of mine. I sent out a proposal to my Representative and Senators yesterday proposing the "Affordable Home Defense Act." It will be interesting to see if I receive a reply from anyone.
    10-24-2013 10:19 AM
    I needed an ID when I bought my last gun. That infringes upon my Second Amendment. However, the liberals seem okay with trampling over that right of mine. I sent out a proposal to my Representative and Senators yesterday proposing the "Affordable Home Defense Act." It will be interesting to see if I receive a reply from anyone.
    Without ID how would they know your allowed one e.g. not psychotic. That lost reminds me of Danny's holocaust video.

10-24-2013 10:46 PM
    Without ID how would they know your allowed one e.g. not psychotic. That lost reminds me of Danny's holocaust video.

Why should I need an ID to purchase a gun? That violates my Second Amendment Rights. See, you are being a hypocrite, for lack of a better word, by wanting me to go through a background check, but have no IDs for voters. Did George Washington and crew have to go through an ID check and background check? Hell no!

Posted from my mobile device, please excuse any errors.
    10-25-2013 05:44 PM
    ^^Same question. Without an Id, how would anyone know you're allowed to vote?

Sent from a device that supports the proposed 28th amendment
    10-25-2013 06:19 PM
    ^^Same question. Without an Id, how would anyone know you're allowed to vote?

Sent from a device that supports the proposed 28th amendment
    That is what I am saying. You need to show that you are allowed, registered I guess, to vote. Remember, you can't vote if you're a felon or illegal. Why trample all over my Second Amendment Rights, demanding ID and background check when you are against a Voter ID Law?

Posted from my mobile device, please excuse any errors.
    10-25-2013 06:22 PM
    Which is more likely to cause harm, potentially lethal. Illegal vote or illegal purchase of arms?

10-26-2013 02:57 AM
    Which is more likely to cause harm, potentially lethal. Illegal vote or illegal purchase of arms?

Now you're trying to play on people's emotions, a very typical liberal maneuver, instead of answering the question.
    Why should a gun purchase require a government issued photo id, but not a vote? Both are constitutional protected rights of our citizens. If a required photo id to vote is considered a poll tax then a required photo id to buy a gun is also a form of tax.
    Shouldn't we care about the rights of the elderly whom don't drive anymore and have no current government issued photo id, yet they are not able to currently buy a gun? Are their rights being trampled or should they just obtain a photo id, just like the person who wants to vote.
    10-26-2013 05:28 AM
    What stops ids from being free?

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    10-26-2013 05:30 AM
    What stops ids from being free?

The cost of getting to the state office to get the id.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-26-2013 05:33 AM
    Put it in the on every corner store like passports, not sure of the exact logistics, but make it easy and issue it at a young age and then annually or whatever. If its free and easy, its fair once everyone has one.

10-26-2013 05:35 AM
    I personally know of no one that doesn't have a legal form of id or is unable to obtain a legal form of Id. Except for people living here that are not citizens of this country.

tippmann15 likes this.
    10-26-2013 06:29 AM
    Now you're trying to play on people's emotions, a very typical liberal maneuver, instead of answering the question.
    Why should a gun purchase require a government issued photo id, but not a vote? Both are constitutional protected rights of our citizens. If a required photo id to vote is considered a poll tax then a required photo id to buy a gun is also a form of tax.
    Shouldn't we care about the rights of the elderly whom don't drive anymore and have no current government issued photo id, yet they are not able to currently buy a gun? Are their rights being trampled or should they just obtain a photo id, just like the person who wants to vote.
    Am I play with emotions. I thought it is a straight forward answer.
    There is a higher risk when you allow someone to obtain a weapon with out i.d than allowing someone to vote without I.D.
    Lets say if there was the US version Martin Bryant (who killed 35 where I live prior to tightening of laws who obtained a gun despite lacking a gun licence or a driver's license.) who had no I.D e.g His gun licence or Drivers and could get a gun - he would go on a spree like he did. Now if he was purchasing the gun (lets say his mental issue was on record) he would be rejected.

Now lets say the voting Scenario, Lets say Martin Bryant voted illegally without and ID - being delusional he votes for Julian Assange (founder of wiki leaks/wiki leaks party). What is the impact? Basically nothing as the other 69,999 votes in his district had common sense not to vote for Julian.

In one case not having ID leads to 35 dead the other an almost negligible impact on a vote.
    10-26-2013 07:03 AM

The is about LEGAL gun owners versus ILLEGAL voters, and why you are required to have an ID to purchase a gun, but not vote. Let's stay on topic, shall we?
    10-26-2013 07:05 AM
    Am I play with emotions. I thought it is a straight forward answer.
    There is a higher risk when you allow someone to obtain a weapon with out i.d than allowing someone to vote without I.D.
    That is the problem with the left. They can't state why one is required to go through a background check and have photo ID to purchase a gun, but not vote. Again, the issue is LEGAL gun owners versus ILLEGAL voters.
    10-26-2013 07:06 AM
    I personally know of no one that doesn't have a legal form of id or is unable to obtain a legal form of Id. Except for people living here that are not citizens of this country.

I am pretty much the same way. How about changing the voters registration card to be a photo ID? If it is free, then there should be no issue.
    10-26-2013 07:07 AM
    Excellent reply. I couldn't have said it any better myself. For those democrats keep your hands off my guns and my Second Amendment Rights!
    10-26-2013 07:09 AM
    In one case not having ID leads to 35 dead the other an almost negligible impact on a vote.

Bottom line is that people kill people. I could very easily kill 35 people with my car by driving thru a crowded venue at a high speed.

10-26-2013 07:13 AM
    Once again I did answer it - without ID on a gun there is than the increased chance of an illegal gun owner.
    Like my example before based on TRUE events which one has more risk - illegals votes or illegal gun owners
    10-26-2013 07:14 AM

Bottom line is that people kill people. I could very easily kill 35 people with my car by driving thru a crowded venue at a high speed.

Except people miss the fact that fraudulent votes are fraudulent.
    Another forgotten item is that cars kill more people than guns. Perhaps we should do background checks for people buying cars?
    10-26-2013 07:17 AM
    Once again I did answer it - without ID on a gun there is than the increased chance of an illegal gun owner.
    Like my example before based on TRUE events which one has more risk - illegals votes or illegal gun owners
    I don;t know how it is in your country, but here I have a RIGHT to have a gun, or guns. What the democrats are doing is trampling all over that RIGHT. Also, you forget that illegal votes are just that, illegal. I never mentioned illegal gun owners, but legal gun owners. You brought up illegal gun owners as a way to distort the fact that the issue was legal gun owners versus illegal voters. I will sum it up for you: legal gun owners are not doing anything illegal, however illegal voters are doing something illegal. I don't understand why you insist on taking my rights away to ILLEGALLY own a gun yet see nothing wrong with ILLEGAL voters. I guess that is the typical leftist mindset though.
    10-26-2013 07:21 AM
    Yes I agree without a government issued id that a person could more easily become an illegal gun owner. But what if we make them first check a box stateing that they are legally able to buy a gun? That is what we do to allow somrone to register to vote.. check a box stateing they are a legal us citizen.

10-26-2013 07:26 AM
229 ... 56789 ...