Is the important issue the Ceremony, or should there be more transparency? The dead are already dead. A solemn ceremony honors them.

How much difference would the truth make at this point? I know how shocked I was when I heard Hillary whine (during her Benghazi hearing) - "What difference does it make at this point?!?"

FOX News - Top Stories - Senator blasts Pentagon over 'fake ceremonies' for fallen US soldiers - Page 1 of 4

Signatures, shmignatures...
    10-29-2013 08:53 PM
    Is the important issue the Ceremony, or should there be more transparency? The dead are already dead. A solemn ceremony honors them.

How much difference would the truth make at this point? I know how shocked I was when I heard Hillary whine (during her Benghazi hearing) - "What difference does it make at this point?!?"
    It seems that if they held the ceremony at the time that the remains actually arrived, it wouldn't be a problem. Pretending that the remains just arrived on a plane (that actually can't fly) seems to be the big issue.

As for Clinton's remarks about Benghazi, I think it makes her seem uncaring, especially when you consider several people died. If she runs for president, she'll have to respond to that criticism again and again.
    10-30-2013 01:07 PM
    Even though the soldiers are dead, they still deserve respect, as well as the families that survive them. I think either this ceremony should be made real, or do away with it. Sure, there should be some sort of remembrance for their final coming home, but common decency would dictate the families receiving them should not be mislead.

If the military needs to analyze and prep the remains first before a formal ceremony, fine. Just make sure the families are kept in the loop and don't try to stage it as if they just got to the base.
    10-31-2013 12:45 PM
    Even though the soldiers are dead, they still deserve respect, as well as the families that survive them. I think either this ceremony should be made real, or do away with it. Sure, there should be some sort of remembrance for their final coming home, but common decency would dictate the families receiving them should not be mislead.

If the military needs to analyze and prep the remains first before a formal ceremony, fine. Just make sure the families are kept in the loop and don't try to stage it as if they just got to the base.
    This.
    11-02-2013 12:58 PM