12-24-2013 03:44 PM
183 ... 45678
tools
    The point of restricting eligibility to native-born citizens is to add a degree of difficulty to the prospect of our country being hijacked by another.
    That's why there's something called Rule of Law and impeaching.

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    12-15-2013 07:13 PM
    1) I live in the middle of no where. Sometimes it really isn't peaceful either with the crazy *** people who think it's 'murica during hunting season. Like now.

2) Yeah, fanatic Republicans Tea-party people are part of the reason.

3) Americans are rude and ego centric. Not all, but enough of the ones I come in contact with are. It never used to be this bad, but in the past 5 years, I can barely stand it.

Why do you question my reasons?

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    It really does seem like it has gotten worse in the past few years. I find people on both sides of the spectrum are proud of their views, however sexist, racist, ableist or plain ole wrong they are. New York is teeming full of them. I really miss the days of peace in quiet in the break room at work as opposed to hearing politically charged opinions.

✌SG3/iPad2
    msndrstood and palandri like this.
    12-15-2013 07:28 PM
    Its sad that America won't let immigrants become President. If you think about it, we were all immigrants at one point, be it past family or current. If Elon Musk was president, our world would be a better place.
    I think we can safely consider Native American Indians to be non-immigrants. It would be interesting to see a Native American Indian as president one day.

Elon Musk was born in South Africa, so he would not be eligible to run for president of the United States under the current rules. If he wanted to run, he could campaign to have the Constitution changed or challenge the requirement in court. It wouldn't be easy, but it is not impossible.
    12-15-2013 10:05 PM
    Native Americans who claim their heritage cannot vote or own property unless married to a white person. There are a bunch of treaties and agreements in effect that really screw with this stuff.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    12-15-2013 10:09 PM
    Native Americans who claim their heritage cannot vote or own property unless married to a white person. There are a bunch of treaties and agreements in effect that really screw with this stuff.
    I don't think that's correct, but maybe you know something that I am missing here.

Do American Indians and Alaska Natives have the right to vote?
    Yes. American Indians and Alaska Natives have the right to vote just as all other U.S. citizens do. They can vote in presidential, congressional, state and local, and tribal elections, if eligible. And, just as the federal government and state and local governments have the sovereign right to establish voter eligibility criteria, so do tribal governments.
    Indian Affairs | FAQs

Can American Indians and Alaska Natives vote?
    American Indians and Alaska Natives have the same right to vote as all United States citizens. American Indians and Alaska Natives vote in state and local elections, as well as in tribal elections. Just as state, federal, and local governments have the sovereign right to establish voter eligibility criteria; each Tribe has the right to decide its voter eligibility criteria for tribal elections.
    USDOJ: OTJ: Publications and Resources: About Native Americans
    Scott7217 and msndrstood like this.
    12-15-2013 10:24 PM
    Wow, I honestly didn't know that! Well, I guess I learned something new. Does this mean that a Native American Indian could not run for president? Also, would American Eskimos be treated differently? I think Eskimos would also be considered to be non-immigrants.
    12-15-2013 10:31 PM
    And there's this

Attached Thumbnails Winning the Next Presidential Election-1387196475802.jpg  
    12-16-2013 06:21 AM
    Android central pooped itself on this post

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile[/QUOTE]

12-16-2013 06:22 AM
    Oh, so I guess they can vote. However, their overall status is complicated. In a sense, they are kind of foreigners because of having their own nations. But given the fact that we basically hijacked their lands and tried to "domesticate" them and mainstream them and make them a part of our country... I dunno.

They still got a raw deal, in my opinion.
    12-16-2013 06:31 AM
    My advice to the right would be not to let the fringe faction of your party "primary" (I'm using it as a verb and it still sounds weird to me) your candidate so far to the right that true middle of the road people find the candidate to be an immediate turn off before the election begins.

My advice to the left would be to show some conviction for your beliefs and campaign on those beliefs (and most importantly if those beliefs win you an election, follow through with policies on those beliefs). Also, I would like to think that the American public is smart enough to realize that BOTH parties are beholden to rich entities (mostly corporations and a few billionaires). Don't try to pretend that you're folksy and that you're part of the working class. We get it, you're a millionaire that is being bankrolled by a large oil company or billionaire. Don't patronize us by pretending that you're not part of the wealthy class that lives off of the backs of the working class.
    msndrstood likes this.
    12-18-2013 09:12 AM
    Well there's this meme

Attached Thumbnails Winning the Next Presidential Election-1387423792417.jpg  
    12-18-2013 09:29 PM
    300 million? More like 1 billion these days. Ridiculous.

12-19-2013 08:03 AM
    My advice to the right would be not to let the fringe faction of your party "primary" (I'm using it as a verb and it still sounds weird to me) your candidate so far to the right that true middle of the road people find the candidate to be an immediate turn off before the election begins.

My advice to the left would be to show some conviction for your beliefs and campaign on those beliefs (and most importantly if those beliefs win you an election, follow through with policies on those beliefs). Also, I would like to think that the American public is smart enough to realize that BOTH parties are beholden to rich entities (mostly corporations and a few billionaires). Don't try to pretend that you're folksy and that you're part of the working class. We get it, you're a millionaire that is being bankrolled by a large oil company or billionaire. Don't patronize us by pretending that you're not part of the wealthy class that lives off of the backs of the working class.

80% of the voting public is stupid.
    12-19-2013 02:54 PM
    And the rest don't bother voting.

This is a signature.
    12-19-2013 03:02 PM
    So you're saying you're in the 100% of the people who are either stupid or don't vote. Okay.

12-19-2013 04:13 PM
    So you're saying you're in the 100% of the people who are either stupid or don't vote. Okay.

Yep.
    I haven't voted since the eighties.

This is a signature.
    12-19-2013 04:46 PM
    If you don't vote, why complain about everyone else's vote?

12-19-2013 04:47 PM
    If you don't vote, why complain about everyone else's vote?

When did I do that?

This is a signature.
    12-19-2013 04:53 PM
    You've never complained about Obama?

12-19-2013 04:55 PM
    You've never complained about Obama?

That's two completely different things.

Besides, I know you're smart, you know as well as I do that our votes don't mean a thing in Presidential elections. Just ask Matt. I'm sure he'll happily run down the stats on Electoral College, Popular votes, etc etc for us again.

This is a signature.
    12-19-2013 05:00 PM
    This convo is confusing me. So voting matters or it doesn't. If it doesn't, why are 80% of the people stupid? Which, btw of course, I do not consider myself stupid.

12-19-2013 05:21 PM
    This convo is confusing me. So voting matters or it doesn't. If it doesn't, why are 80% of the people stupid? Which, btw of course, I do not consider myself stupid.

I never said eighty percent are stupid. Someone else did.

This is a signature.
    12-19-2013 05:28 PM
    I'm voting in 2016, but *only* because there are Libertarian or at least libertarian-minded candidates to vote for. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother. In not interested in participating in or contributing to a make-believe fiction.
    12-19-2013 06:39 PM
    Its amazing how religion plays such a big role in elections, even though it plays absolutely no role in real life

12-19-2013 07:59 PM
    Isn't that the same percentage of stats they claim are made up? I wouldn't call the majority of voters stupid. I agree there seems to be a large percentage of the American voters that appear to be misinformed. I can't say I fault them completely. When you have enough money to twist fact and game the system, you're going to get a lot of voters pushing your agenda. What people should understand is there is no money to be made by special interest groups if legislation is made that does the most good for the most people. Large corporations, the wealthy, they don't want what's good for most Americans, they want what's good for them. When you look at what's up for debate at many political functions, to me it's pretty obvious that they're using the "divide and conquer" method to steal votes. Some sneaky candidates will even use voter emotions to sway votes. Fear and anger tend to be a few of the biggest emotions used by some parties. To me one of the biggest red flags is when a candidate tries to engage my emotion instead of my intellect. I suspect a lot of voters still vote with their emotion, which I guess could be misinterpreted as stupidity.
    12-19-2013 08:02 PM
183 ... 45678