01-06-2014 12:49 AM
127 12345 ...
tools
    Again, I said it's fine to speak out. I'm sure the Democrats do the same thing. When the Democrats upset people, people donate to the Republicans. No surprise there.
    To tell you the truth, I don't think any of these multi-millionaires need money donated to them. It's disgusting to donate to rich politicians (or political encampments) when there are SO many more/other people in dire need of REAL help around the world.

Signatures, shmignatures...
    Aquila likes this.
    11-05-2013 03:55 AM
    I don't think Rafeal Cruz was wrong. After all, what is the First Amendment? Perhaps that it is because he speaks out against obama that upsets people.
    You don't think it's wrong to lie? Or to use fear mongering to scare people into political action? Whether or not it is illegal or not is different than if it is right or wrong... This guy is a Pastor, and that SHOULD mean that he holds himself to a higher standard of ethics, right?

And that's despite the irony that Rafeal was born in Cuba and was naturalized in 2005. I have nothing against naturalized immigrants, at all (I am one, moved to the States when I was a baby), but it's REALLY weird to move into a country and then start telling the people born there to get out. That's like something Chris Columbus would do, or Ghengis Khan, or any Roman... oh, I guess it's not that weird after all. Ted Cruz only announced he was going to renounce his dual Canadian citizenship 11 weeks ago.

Both of these guys are smart enough that they know what they are saying, the fact that it's false, and why they are saying it. It's a strategy, not a mistake. And that's the biggest problem with politics: the fact that they are making up obvious lies to manipulate people isn't news to us, it's, "yeah, and? that's what they do?"....
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-05-2013 04:04 AM
    To tell you the truth, I don't think any of these multi-millionaires need money donated to them. It's disgusting to donate to rich politicians (or political encampments) when there are SO many more/other people in dire need of REAL help around the world.

•• Signatures, shmignatures...
    I think I may have mentioned support for a Constitutional Amendment and other reforms to get money out of politics... I'd have to agree that our current process wastes tens of BILLIONS of dollars that could easily go towards anything else.
    palandri, cdmjlt369 and msndrstood like this.
    11-05-2013 04:07 AM
    This video came from Upworthy:

Summary:

If you are not rich, neither party will ever vote based on your wants. This includes both dems and pubs.
    If you are rich, both parties will go out of their way to represent you. This includes both dems and pubs.

Opinion:

This is because both of these parties are an example the idea of saying the same thing in two different ways and letting people argue about which way is correct. There is no difference in OPERATION between the two, only in how their actions are framed via talking points.

Money out of politics. Needs to happen.
    11-05-2013 05:49 AM
    Again, I said it's fine to speak out. I'm sure the Democrats do the same thing. When the Democrats upset people, people donate to the Republicans. No surprise there.
    Oh, the democrats do the same thing. The only difference is that Republicans are called "racist" for speaking out against obama.
    11-06-2013 04:34 PM
    You don't think it's wrong to lie? Or to use fear mongering to scare people into political action? Whether or not it is illegal or not is different than if it is right or wrong... This guy is a Pastor, and that SHOULD mean that he holds himself to a higher standard of ethics, right?

And that's despite the irony that Rafeal was born in Cuba and was naturalized in 2005. I have nothing against naturalized immigrants, at all (I am one, moved to the States when I was a baby), but it's REALLY weird to move into a country and then start telling the people born there to get out. That's like something Chris Columbus would do, or Ghengis Khan, or any Roman... oh, I guess it's not that weird after all. Ted Cruz only announced he was going to renounce his dual Canadian citizenship 11 weeks ago.

Both of these guys are smart enough that they know what they are saying, the fact that it's false, and why they are saying it. It's a strategy, not a mistake. And that's the biggest problem with politics: the fact that they are making up obvious lies to manipulate people isn't news to us, it's, "yeah, and? that's what they do?"....
    What did Rafeal Cruz lie over? Last I checked everything he said was true. Perhaps if he was a democrat speaking out against a Republican then everyone would be fine with it.
    11-06-2013 04:36 PM
    What did Rafeal Cruz lie over? Last I checked everything he said was true. Perhaps if he was a democrat speaking out against a Republican then everyone would be fine with it.
    That Obama is Muslim, from Kenya and several of the fear mongering talking points that were previously debunked. I'm fine with criticism of politicians and their policies. There is enough to criticize without repeating lies. Do you really think he doesn't know that his statements are false?

By the way, I'm not a Democrat.... Not sure why that is being said as a reason for disliking lies or levied as an insult. My problem is with lies, not republicans.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    msndrstood and palandri like this.
    11-06-2013 05:11 PM
    That Obama is Muslim, from Kenya and several of the fear mongering talking points that were previously debunked. I'm fine with criticism of politicians and their policies. There is enough to criticize without repeating lies. Do you really think he doesn't know that his statements are false?

By the way, I'm not a Democrat.... Not sure why that is being said as a reason for disliking lies or levied as an insult. My problem is with lies, not republicans.

Doesn't matter what Party; A Politician lies whenever he/she opens their mouth. Just like a teenager. Ironic, isn't it?

11-06-2013 06:04 PM

Like you, I have a problem with liars. One thing that I learned in the Air Force, and has stuck with me was the first part of the Air Force Core Values: "Integrity First."
    11-06-2013 06:37 PM
    Like you, I have a problem with liars. One thing that I learned in the Air Force, and has stuck with me was the first part of the Air Force Core Values: "Integrity First."

Every martial art has 1 or 2 of these that are pretty similar.
    11-06-2013 07:34 PM
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-S...5-no/ipman.jpg

Every martial art has 1 or 2 of these that are pretty similar.
    That is interesting, thank you for sharing. Which martial art is this from? Are you into martial arts?
    11-06-2013 08:14 PM
    That is interesting, thank you for sharing. Which martial art is this from? Are you into martial arts?
    I've been practicing for about 29 years, teaching for 17. I used to own a small school, however I sold it when I moved away and now practice mainly by myself and a couple of trusted student friends. Time is short now that I work for companies in analytics. My primary styles are tae kwon do, kickboxing, wing chun and wushu, but I do teach several traditional weapons forms as well, mostly kenjutsu (sword, non-competitive traditional kendo), long staff and knife fighting, as well as assisting with modern tactical entry, defense and small arms training for agencies.

Ip Man was a teacher of Wing Chun (kung fu) and a major influence on where it is today, both in proliferation and philosophical stature. He was also one of Bruce Lee's first martial arts instructors in Hong Kong.
    11-06-2013 08:21 PM
    My primary styles are tae kwon do, kickboxing, wing chun and wushu, but I do teach several traditional weapons forms as well, mostly kenjutsu (sword, non-competitive traditional kendo), long staff and knife fighting, as well as assisting with modern tactical entry, defense and small arms training for agencies.
    What, no tae kwon leap?
    11-06-2013 08:38 PM
    What, no tae kwon leap?
    Boot to the head
    11-06-2013 08:41 PM
    11-06-2013 09:06 PM
    I've been practicing for about 29 years, teaching for 17. I used to own a small school, however I sold it when I moved away and now practice mainly by myself and a couple of trusted student friends. Time is short now that I work for companies in analytics. My primary styles are tae kwon do, kickboxing, wing chun and wushu, but I do teach several traditional weapons forms as well, mostly kenjutsu (sword, non-competitive traditional kendo), long staff and knife fighting, as well as assisting with modern tactical entry, defense and small arms training for agencies.
    That's nothing.

I know how to make Frosted Flakes.

Aquila likes this.
    11-07-2013 03:58 AM

Ip Man was a teacher of Wing Chun (kung fu) and a major influence on where it is today, both in proliferation and philosophical stature. He was also one of Bruce Lee's first martial arts instructors in Hong Kong.
    That is very interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

That's nothing.

I know how to make Frosted Flakes.

•• Signatures, shmignatures...
    Only you!
    11-07-2013 12:45 PM
    Oh, the democrats do the same thing. The only difference is that Republicans are called "racist" for speaking out against obama.
    Luckily, some Republicans can respond to the criticism and dispel the myth that they are racist. If someone calls you a racist when you're not, you can call people out on that and set the record straight.
    11-08-2013 01:27 AM
    Luckily, some Republicans can respond to the criticism and dispel the myth that they are racist. If someone calls you a racist when you're not, you can call people out on that and set the record straight.
    If only that worked.
    11-08-2013 12:40 PM
    If only that worked.
    Well, if the Republicans can't defend themselves from charges of racism, we may be looking at 12 or more years of a Democrat in the White House. I'm sure the Republicans don't want that, so they'll try harder this time around.
    11-11-2013 05:50 PM
    I'd love to see both parties, along with the media and generally everyone else, treating demographic groups as commodities to be traded or consumers to be sold commercials to.
    11-11-2013 06:12 PM
    Well, if the Republicans can't defend themselves from charges of racism, we may be looking at 12 or more years of a Democrat in the White House. I'm sure the Republicans don't want that, so they'll try harder this time around.
    All Republicans have to do is attack the issues rather than the person. All these personal and crazy conspiracy theories don't fly with the American public.
    cdmjlt369 and msndrstood like this.
    11-11-2013 06:17 PM
    All Republicans have to do is attack the issues rather than the person.
    I'd amend that to state, "All Americans have to do is attack the issues rather than the person" and I think we're fixing more problems than just who sits behind the Resolute.
    palandri and cdmjlt369 like this.
    11-11-2013 06:19 PM
    I'd amend that to state, "All Americans have to do is attack the issues rather than the person" and I think we're fixing more problems than just who sits behind the Resolute.
    I think the candidates usually stick to the issues, but other groups can still go out and attack the candidates' personalities. You can see this in ads that are not endorsed by the candidates.
    palandri, msndrstood and Aquila like this.
    11-11-2013 08:40 PM
    All Republicans have to do is attack the issues rather than the person. All these personal and crazy conspiracy theories don't fly with the American public.
    Problem is even when attacking the issues, anyone criticizing Obama is still accused of racism by too many on the left. It's all "being against so and so policy is just code speak for hating having a black man for President" and such. You can't argue that kind of nonsense with those people.
    Aquila likes this.
    11-11-2013 09:02 PM
127 12345 ...