12-18-2013 06:55 PM
43 12
tools
    There, I removed anything that could be construed as name calling. Is that better?
    11-23-2013 02:00 PM
    Yes, thank you. :thumbup:

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    kct1975 likes this.
    11-23-2013 02:05 PM
    Maybe we should all just sit this next election out and not bother. Oh how I would just love to see the look on the kingmakers', consultants', party senior officials', and pollsters' faces.

Where is Will McAvoy and his crew when you need them?
    11-23-2013 06:58 PM
    Maybe we should all just sit this next election out and not bother. Oh how I would just love to see the look on the kingmakers', consultants', party senior officials', and pollsters' faces.

Where is Will McAvoy and his crew when you need them?
    We might as well, considering that the press and the unions run the elections anyway. As for name calling, I am sure that the only reason that a particular person was "offended" was because of the slur for the democrats.
    12-01-2013 10:49 AM
    I bet that the GOP will probably not win in 2016. Of course, it's not like the Democrats have come out smelling like roses here, either. Overall approval ratings for the government are probably at all-time lows right now, and if things keep going the way they are, I don't see that changing much.

I should totally do a bumper sticker that says "Let's sit this next one out" or "I'm going to sit this next one out" and see if it sells.
    kct1975 likes this.
    12-01-2013 06:46 PM
    I like them to reanimate Ronald Reagan so people can see that he was really much more moderate than the Republican party of today.
    12-05-2013 03:21 PM
    For the GOP I'd like to see Christie. For the Dem's I can see Clinton, Cuomo or Warner. I don't pay much attention to the Ron Paul nut jobs or his son who is a pompous you know what.
    12-05-2013 04:15 PM
    I bet that the GOP will probably not win in 2016. Of course, it's not like the Democrats have come out smelling like roses here, either. Overall approval ratings for the government are probably at all-time lows right now, and if things keep going the way they are, I don't see that changing much.

I should totally do a bumper sticker that says "Let's sit this next one out" or "I'm going to sit this next one out" and see if it sells.
    As long as the democrats keep promising handouts, they'll keep getting elected.
    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.

- - - Updated - - -

I like them to reanimate Ronald Reagan so people can see that he was really much more moderate than the Republican party of today.
    I second that.
    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
    kct1975 likes this.
    12-05-2013 05:05 PM
    Maybe we should all just sit this next election out and not bother.
    And how is that going to make anything better? It just means the crazies will get elected easier and things will get worse. I still have faith in the peoples' democracy.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-07-2013 12:48 AM
    I'd like to see a candidate running on the issues, not political party which is silly because they are both full of crap.
    kct1975 and jdbii like this.
    12-07-2013 01:00 AM
    As long as the democrats keep promising handouts, they'll keep getting elected.
    That didn't stop George W. Bush from getting elected to two consecutive terms. The Democrats are not invincible.
    12-11-2013 04:04 PM
    I'd like to see a candidate running on the issues, not political party which is silly because they are both full of crap.
    Well said, The Hustleman.

Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
    kct1975 likes this.
    12-13-2013 10:43 AM
    That didn't stop George W. Bush from getting elected to two consecutive terms. The Democrats are not invincible.
    Actually, that's not really the way it happened. Thanks to Diebold and other organizations, the elections were rigged to favor Bush. He didn't really win in an honest sense. That plus all kinds of pressure were put in place to make the Supreme Court and Congress go along with it.

When one speaks of "the people's democracy", the problem with that labeling is that it is a fiction. Corporations and political powers run everything. We the people are just kind of along for the ride.

That's why I'm suggesting that "we the people" sit 2016 out. Let it become patently obvious to EVERYONE who is actually running things.
    12-14-2013 10:00 AM
    When one speaks of "the people's democracy", the problem with that labeling is that it is a fiction. Corporations and political powers run everything. We the people are just kind of along for the ride.

That's why I'm suggesting that "we the people" sit 2016 out. Let it become patently obvious to EVERYONE who is actually running things.
    So, let's consider your idea. What is your expectation for the 2016 presidential election if the people essentially boycott the election? It's a very novel idea, and I'm trying to figure out how it will play out. Would the election end up with no winner and we would need to hold another one? Or are you thinking that a candidate chosen by the corporations will be declared the winner, but the people will reject the results because it's obvious that no one stepped into a voting booth, much less voted, so the whole thing is a fraud?
    kct1975 likes this.
    12-15-2013 10:19 PM
    So, let's consider your idea. What is your expectation for the 2016 presidential election if the people essentially boycott the election?
    Or are you thinking that a candidate chosen by the corporations will be declared the winner, but the people will reject the results because it's obvious that no one stepped into a voting booth, much less voted, so the whole thing is a fraud?
    Yep, that one. Except that most Americans will probably just go along with it. However, at that point it will become obvious beyond the point of denial who is actually in charge.
    12-16-2013 06:36 AM
    Yep, that one. Except that most Americans will probably just go along with it. However, at that point it will become obvious beyond the point of denial who is actually in charge.
    The corporations will need to make it look real, though. Maybe they'll pay just enough people to vote and make the final result legitimate.
    12-17-2013 10:08 PM
    The corporations will need to make it look real, though. Maybe they'll pay just enough people to vote and make the final result legitimate.
    And it should be perfectly legal to shoot those people. :o ;-)

This may diverge (or seem to) from the topic at hand, but it's sort of relevant. The way I'd love to clean up the lobbying end of corruption is to pass a constitutional amendment which says the following:

1. Individual contributions may only be made to candidates, not political parties;
    2. No individual contribution may exceed the value of $1,000;
    3. ALL contributions of any amount must trigger an accounting and reporting procedure on the individual for documentation purposes;
    4. Candidates are required to list the names of all contributors publicly;
    5. Any person attempting to exeed the $1,000 limit will be fined $50,000, the offender loses voting rights for 10 years, and the amount of the entire donation is forfeited by the candidate;
    6. Any person or entity found to be donating indirectly (i.e. John Smith has Jane Doe donate any amount on his behalf) will be fined $100,000, the amount of the donation is forfeit, and they lose their voting rights for 10 years if they are in fact a person;
    7. Any judge or other person seeking to ignore or bypass or otherwise circumvent these sentencing rules will be disbarred, jailed for 5 years, lose their voting privileges for 10, and have to pay $100,000 fines;
    8. All members of a company's board of directors are to be held fully and equally legally responsible and if a company tries to exceed the contribution limit or contribute through third parties (e.g. their employees) each member of the board will be found guilty of a felony (which btw would already bar them from holding a position on a Board), sentenced to 5 years prison, 10 years loss of voting rights, $100,000 fine each.
    9. Any monies to a candidate which were not direct campaign donations would be illegal.
    10. Any candidate knowingly receiving improper contributions would be guilty of an ethics violation and summarily kicked out of whatever office they held, found guilty of a felony, barred from holding any other elected office, $100,000 fine, 10 years loss of voting rights, and 5 years in prison.

I believe wholeheartedly in lobbying. I just don't believe in the BS and the bribery/kickbacks and think my proposal here would basically reduce the problem to the point where it wouldn't be much of a problem. Besides, I want EVERYONE to have equal access to elected officials. Whether it's NothingIsTrue or it's AT&T, each one's access should be as equal as their right to access.
    kct1975 and Scott7217 like this.
    12-17-2013 11:07 PM
    Would love to see a Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren ticket for the democrats but that will never happen.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Elizabeth Warren gives my brain a woody and I like the fact that Bernie Sanders doesn't seem to be in the pocket of any big multi-billion dollar corporation and actually has some good views on some issues. But I don't think they have much name recognition for the mainstream and I also think that they would be big targets for the special interest groups with deep pockets.
    gamefreak715 and msndrstood like this.
    12-18-2013 06:55 PM
43 12