01-31-2014 12:49 PM
204 ... 6789
tools
    Due to the lack of law enforcement you are right I fully support a law going in place that would say larger vehicle is assumed at fault unless proven otherwise. For 18 wheeler driver it would not change anything as cops always seem to assume you all are at fault (your own words Moon) but it would change things for cyclist and pedestrians hit. FOr cyclist it might OMG push the at fault to the 50/50 marker like it really is in terms of law enforcement.
    Just because it wouldn't change anything for me doesn't mean I should be ok with that law. If I haven't already said it, I will now that using your logic, the law should also say that fault should automatically be applied to a car driver when involved with a semi. After all, they are the ones less trained or concerned with road laws, not to mention all the studies show them at fault between 65-85% of the time.

Laws assigning fault without cause would never fly and I'd wager even shot down in court as unconstitutional.
    STARGATE likes this.
    01-26-2014 11:22 PM
    Just because it wouldn't change anything for me doesn't mean I should be ok with that law. If I haven't already said it, I will now that using your logic, the law should also say that fault should automatically be applied to a car driver when involved with a semi. After all, they are the ones less trained or concerned with road laws, not to mention all the studies show them at fault between 65-85% of the time.

Laws assigning fault without cause would never fly and I'd wager even shot down in court as unconstitutional.
    places that have them haven't yet. SImple fact is if you are driving the large vehicle it comes with a greater responsibility.
    I know what you said on it but if the cops would do their job guess what it would break down correctly.

Instead cops are assuming the other is at fault (not the car) unless proven otherwise. Basically it tells the cop to change the starting assumption. Sadly cops are not starting with the assumption of nothing. Instead they start with the assumption the non car is at fault. This would change it saying if you want the car to get off prove it. Prove the other was a fault. It is pathetic but cops are not doing their job. Since the cops are not doing their job then the laws need to change it to force the starting assumption.

Sadly most people who drive cars do not understand nor really accept the responsibility that comes with that privilege. Yes driving a car is a privilege not a right.
    01-26-2014 11:28 PM
    I'm loving how you equate every legitimate complaint to "OMG I was delayed 30 seconds!" Most issues that have been posted are safety related.

Btw, you can get the same workout in a gym or even at home on a stationary bike. Kinda hard to get to work in a stationary car.
    Precisely my point! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜†

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    01-26-2014 11:30 PM
    To the topic I say no. It is however perfectly acceptable to suddenly open the car door in front of them.

:-P
    Oh man, you have no idea how happy that would make me! ๐Ÿ˜‰

01-26-2014 11:32 PM
    Ok and the answer to that is OMG you have be delayed 30 secs. If you are late due to 30 seconds then you have bigger problems and clearly planned poorly.
    No, not 30 seconds!
    Around here, with bends and hills and other cars coming on the other direction, I say we waste more then 5 minutes, sometimes more.

Just because some ***** decided to use a bike when they can get a better workout doing something else at home or a gym or running around their neighborhood?!
    Ha! ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ 

01-26-2014 11:41 PM
    No, not 30 seconds!
    Around here, with bends and hills and other cars coming on the other direction, I say we waste more then 5 minutes, sometimes more.

Just because some ***** decided to use a bike when they can get a better workout doing something else at home or a gym or running around their neighborhood?!
    Ha!

if you are driving that far then same answer. you are not giving your self enough window.
    I am going to again point out how obese is becoming normal in the US. Part of the problem is people drive everywhere.

Your post about wanting to hurt cyclist shows exactly what the problem is. You are very selfish for the minor inconveniences it causes you. Max time delay would be on the weekend and have to be out in the middle of no where so that means you are driving farther distances and should account of more random delays instead of cutting the time with just minutes to spare.

Either way you are a problem and classic example problem. ANd you wonder why cyclist take the road and do not care. THey get rather jaded from people like you who treat other poorly and clearly have no respect for life. I strongly recommend you get some anger management classes as clearly you have issues and a lot of them.
    01-27-2014 12:21 AM
    places that have them haven't yet. SImple fact is if you are driving the large vehicle it comes with a greater responsibility.
    I know what you said on it but if the cops would do their job guess what it would break down correctly.

Instead cops are assuming the other is at fault (not the car) unless proven otherwise. Basically it tells the cop to change the starting assumption. Sadly cops are not starting with the assumption of nothing. Instead they start with the assumption the non car is at fault. This would change it saying if you want the car to get off prove it. Prove the other was a fault. It is pathetic but cops are not doing their job. Since the cops are not doing their job then the laws need to change it to force the starting assumption.

Sadly most people who drive cars do not understand nor really accept the responsibility that comes with that privilege. Yes driving a car is a privilege not a right.
    I guess innocent until proven guilty means nothing to you and you'd rather assign fault prematurely than advocate the cops do their jobs right.
    STARGATE likes this.
    01-27-2014 12:23 AM
    I guess innocent until proven guilty means nothing to you and you'd rather assign fault prematurely than advocate the cops do their jobs right.
    I can point to a lot of things in auto accidents that they assume fault unless proven otherwise.
    As I said in bike vs car. The cops almost always assume the bike is at fault even when presented with overwhelming evidence that says otherwise.
    I am all for advocating they do their job but evidence of that changing is not going to happen. It sadly will take laws to make them do their job. Good police forces would say in enforcement guidelines to say in an accident to go in with the assumption the car is at fault and look for evidence to confirm it.

As for the law change it would are it clear to the stupid drivers that they have a huge responsibility to watch out as they can not use weak excuses to get off easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    01-27-2014 12:47 AM
    I'm loving how you equate every legitimate complaint to "OMG I was delayed 30 seconds!" Most issues that have been posted are safety related.

Btw, you can get the same workout in a gym or even at home on a stationary bike. Kinda hard to get to work in a stationary car.
    Just like you can see Europe by turning on the TV.

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux.
    01-27-2014 01:35 AM
    I had this one lady over take down a hill (we were on the speed limit so she was clearly over the limit) turn left straight as she over tool cutting us off. A few went into her door and she replied "what did I do wrong? I was going faster so I over took and turned straight away"...

Logic.

01-27-2014 01:40 AM
    I had this one lady over take down a hill (we were on the speed limit so she was clearly over the limit) turn left straight as she over tool cutting us off. A few went into her door and she replied "what did I do wrong? I was going faster so I over took and turned straight away"...

Logic.

Maybe she was Stargate's sister?Is it ok to kill cyclists?-uploadfromtaptalk1390812995613.jpg

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-27-2014 02:56 AM
    It sadly will take laws to make them do their job.
    They already have laws and regulations on the books in how to handle accidents. If they aren't following them, what makes you think another law will do good? Except to serve as a scapegoat to protect the bad cyclists and punish good drivers.

Man, I hope you're not a scientist with this "make up your mind regardless of evidence, then find a way to rationalize it" attitude.
    01-27-2014 03:35 AM
    if you are driving that far then same answer. you are not giving your self enough window.
    I am going to again point out how obese is becoming normal in the US. Part of the problem is people drive everywhere.

Your post about wanting to hurt cyclist shows exactly what the problem is. You are very selfish for the minor inconveniences it causes you. Max time delay would be on the weekend and have to be out in the middle of no where so that means you are driving farther distances and should account of more random delays instead of cutting the time with just minutes to spare.

Either way you are a problem and classic example problem. ANd you wonder why cyclist take the road and do not care. THey get rather jaded from people like you who treat other poorly and clearly have no respect for life. I strongly recommend you get some anger management classes as clearly you have issues and a lot of them.
    So, cyclists aren't selfish for taking to the open roads with no bike lanes?
    They aren't selfish for taking to the roads instead of doing something else and safer at home?

No, I don't think I have road anger when only a few dum-dumbs on bikes make me upset sometime. Here I can joke about it, joking isn't road anger nor makes me the problem.
    The problem is again, you and your comparison with obesity and selfish cyclists for using a road made for bigger vehicles. They know the risks and rather ignored them.

Anyway, I know who I am and how I am.

01-27-2014 06:55 AM
    Maybe she was Stargate's sister?Click image for larger version.ย 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390812995613.jpgย 
Views:	26ย 
Size:	22.8 KBย 
ID:	102280

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    LOL! I don't think so, my sisters don't live in Australia and wouldn't do that either.
    Good try at humor though.

Fairclough likes this.
    01-27-2014 06:57 AM
    Don't worry Stargate I don't think your sister got her licence out of a cereal box... As another car pulled up had a go at the driver who hit a team mate as she apparently went though a stop sign a few minutes few nearly t boning them.

01-28-2014 05:40 AM
    Don't worry Stargate I don't think your sister got her licence out of a cereal box... As another car pulled up had a go at the driver who hit a team mate as she apparently went though a stop sign a few minutes few nearly t boning them.

To be fair, some of the time one of my sisters drives like she did. ๐Ÿ˜‰

01-28-2014 08:08 AM
    if you ask me, bicycles should never be on the road in the first place, if they had the right to be on the road then buy law they must buy driver's licences and have license disks stuck on their bikes...but they don't, so nuf said. Besides I was legally using the road and they were illegally using it.

Look at history, roads were made for transport with 4 wheels.

Why cant cyclists just use the pavement like everyone else that doesn't drive a car ? Is the pavement really that vile ?
    01-28-2014 09:20 AM
    if you ask me, bicycles should never be on the road in the first place, if they had the right to be on the road then buy law they must buy driver's licences and have license disks stuck on their bikes...but they don't, so nuf said. Besides I was legally using the road and they were illegally using it.

Why cant cyclists just use the pavement like everyone else that doesn't drive a car ? Is the pavement really that vile ?
    Which history? If you look at it that way, roads were walked on more than anything ๐Ÿ˜›
    01-28-2014 09:45 AM

no the law states to drive a car you have to have that.
    Driving a car takes more responsibility that riding a bike. If you can not understand that nor accept that then you should not be behind a wheel of a car as clearly you are incomptented to handle the responsibility of driving a very large, heavy and fast moving object

Btw history does not say roads were made to transport with 4 wheels. roads where made to a clearly path of travel. That be horses ect.

All state laws say cyclist may use the road END OF STORY. They have the right to the road. Their tax dollar pay for the road. On top of that cyclist do not cause wear and tear on the road due to lack of weight.
    Also remember most cyclist also own a car and have a drivers license.
    01-28-2014 10:10 AM
    no the law states to drive a car you have to have that.
    Driving a car takes more responsibility that riding a bike. If you can not understand that nor accept that then you should not be behind a wheel of a car as clearly you are incomptented to handle the responsibility of driving a very large, heavy and fast moving object

And it is for that reason that they should respect cars by staying off busy roads and avoiding peak times.
    And ride facing oncoming traffic so if you see that a car must swerve into oncoming traffic, risking their lives to avoid you then pull off the road (remember that car might not be able to stop as there might be another car behind them) and let the car pass. Be wise as well by taking into account drunk drivers.

Sorry if you found me a little aggressive, I'm just sick of the attitude the cyclists in my country have towards drives (I live in South Africa)
    STARGATE likes this.
    01-28-2014 01:04 PM
    And it is for that reason that they should respect cars by staying off busy roads and avoiding peak times.
    And ride facing oncoming traffic so if you see that a car must swerve into oncoming traffic, risking their lives to avoid you then pull off the road (remember that car might not be able to stop as there might be another car behind them) and let the car pass. Be wise as well by taking into account drunk drivers.

Sorry if you found me a little aggressive, I'm just sick of the attitude the cyclists in my country have towards drives (I live in South Africa)

First off riding facing oncoming traffic is unsafe. The speed deltas come into play big time. Also it means you have to dodge cars. With the flow it means worse case the car has to slow down a little for a little bit for an opening to show up. It is an over take and never forces the lane switch.

As for cyclist attitude you have to releaze they get pretty jaded and it goes from lets be nice to screw you all my safety trumps your convencences. Example I have personally dealt with is having people pass inches from me when I was not holding them up. They just had to change lanes (with no other traffic present) Lay on the horn to scare the crap out of me and I was on the shoulder (aka no hold up). Gun it pass me then cut me off to make a right hand turn causing me almost to slam into the side of their car. Be cut off and slam the breaks. Do not forget the standard yelling and just plan rude. It makes you rather jaded.

I know people who have had coffee thrown on them. Bottle of ****. (Both of those are assault) It goes from oh be nice to screw you my safety trumps everything else.

As for the roads. I personally try to avoid roads with busy traffic because guess what I want to feel safe. That is not always an option. Few weeks ago I had to go down a road during a more peak time to get to work be cause my car was in the shop or to get back to my car as I was to drunk the night before to drive home and I had to go to work the next day. Yeah I was in full cycling gear for both of them as I did have a change of stuff at work.

As a generally rule I do try to let cars pass when I can if they are built up behind me and I have a safe spot to it generally that means I pull off and try to give you room.
    01-28-2014 01:32 PM
    This is a debate we just cant settle...

I say ride on the pavement, you say ride on the road...I take it your not a mountain biker

I used to cycle about 13 years ago...went in the deep rural areas on sand roads...down and up steep cliffs... was awesome...just stay off bad sand roads, the vibrations make your arms and hands feel like shattered glass.

So what bike do you have ? Perhaps a diamondback road bike ? Never could understand the need for thin tyres.
    01-28-2014 02:16 PM
    When I take over the world, I'm going to make everyone drive segways
    01-28-2014 03:25 PM
    This is a debate we just cant settle...

I say ride on the pavement, you say ride on the road...I take it your not a mountain biker

I used to cycle about 13 years ago...went in the deep rural areas on sand roads...down and up steep cliffs... was awesome...just stay off bad sand roads, the vibrations make your arms and hands feel like shattered glass.

So what bike do you have ? Perhaps a diamondback road bike ? Never could understand the need for thin tyres.

Tell you the truth I am both. I use to be mountain biker only. A little over a year ago I picked up a road bike and I was hooked to that. I ride the mountain bike when I get time but I put most of my time and miles on a road bike.
    01-28-2014 03:34 PM
    Maybe not cyclists, but I'm all for making it open season on Microsoft 'engineers'
    01-28-2014 05:52 PM
204 ... 6789