12-14-2013 04:18 PM
73 123
tools
    My wife wanted the truck, but she some how ended up driving my car. So I think it would be fair to get the BRZ and she can have the truck that she HAD to have back!

posted on my mobile device please excuse any errors
    Do it!!!!

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
    11-21-2013 04:59 PM
    Do it!!!!

It is tempting. Isn't the BRZ the same platform that the new Scion is built on?
    11-21-2013 05:12 PM
    It is tempting. Isn't the BRZ the same platform that the new Scion is built on?
    Mechanically the exact same car. Only difference is body panels and interior.
    11-21-2013 06:07 PM
    The Subaru has a more neutral suspension while the scion will let you pull mad skids

11-21-2013 11:39 PM
    You want your money back? Me too!

The 24 Billion dollars that was lost when the opponents of ACA shut the government down, holding the country hostage to their demands.
    Fairclough likes this.
    11-22-2013 03:24 PM
    That's that I was thinking! Thank you for the confirmation. Perhaps I should play the two dealers and see who gives me the better deal.
    The Subaru has a more neutral suspension while the scion will let you pull mad skids

I'd take a Subaru over a Scion any day. That's why I am mad that my wife is driving my third generation Legacy GT while I am driving the truck that she wanted.
    11-22-2013 05:04 PM
    That's that I was thinking! Thank you for the confirmation. Perhaps I should play the two dealers and see who gives me the better deal.

I'd take a Subaru over a Scion any day. That's why I am mad that my wife is driving my third generation Legacy GT while I am driving the truck that she wanted.
    Just FYI, Scion dealers won't play ball with price. They are all standard unless there is a company wide deal. You can negotiate dealer options, but not msrp.

I almost bought one a couple months ago. Wanting to buy a house kept me from it. Was also spooked from some of the issues they are having.
    11-22-2013 05:15 PM
    Just FYI, Scion dealers won't play ball with price. They are all standard unless there is a company wide deal. You can negotiate dealer options, but not msrp.

I almost bought one a couple months ago. Wanting to buy a house kept me from it. Was also spooked from some of the issues they are having.
    It gets 80 smiles per gallon.

11-22-2013 09:56 PM

Issues? Please elaborate, I am interested. Also, thank you for the heads up about the Scion dealers not playing ball with the pricing.
    11-24-2013 03:06 PM
    Issues? Please elaborate, I am interested. Also, thank you for the heads up about the Scion dealers not playing ball with the pricing.
    I haven't heard of any issues with the cars at all. The Subaru is focused more towards the luxury side(Leather seats, better quality), while the scion is focused more towards the teenage side (pull mad skids, cheaper cost). If you have any questions, just ask me. I have lots of people/cookies

11-24-2013 05:37 PM
    I think it might be time for a thread title change.

(⊙_⊙) I think people that take the time out of their day (or night) to think of some clever, memorable or just plain dumb signature probably have way too much time on their collective hands and they should get back to work and earn their paycheck, instead of just expecting their paycheck. People like this make me sick to my stomach.
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-24-2013 07:12 PM
    They are brand new models, so random little issues come with that. Generally, I have been surprised at how few the issues have been. That being said, there have been 2 widely documented things that have scared me.

1. Fuel pump "crickets" noise. Several fuel pumps have developed a sound that is just like crickets chirping. I have not found a case of any actual failures. Just noise. Many think it is due to low quality gas. Several complaints though. Even the motor trend long term BRZ has had it.

2. Injector seal failure. This one could be no where near as bad or wide spread as it seems, but there have been a few confirmed cases. All on tracked cars. Many believe it is because of a flaw in the stock ecu map that supposedly makes the engine knock at high rpm, aggressive shifts. But there has not been enough cases to really tell if it is an issue to be worried about or not.

I am not trying to sway you one way or the other. I just want you to be aware of what could possibly be problems. I mostly didn't buy one because of wanting a house. That and the fact that I would track it if I bought one. I want to know for certain that it will be bulletproof before I make the investment. That won't really be known for a year or 2.
    11-24-2013 09:20 PM
    They are brand new models, so random little issues come with that. Generally, I have been surprised at how few the issues have been. That being said, there have been 2 widely documented things that have scared me.

1. Fuel pump "crickets" noise. Several fuel pumps have developed a sound that is just like crickets chirping. I have not found a case of any actual failures. Just noise. Many think it is due to low quality gas. Several complaints though. Even the motor trend long term BRZ has had it.

2. Injector seal failure. This one could be no where near as bad or wide spread as it seems, but there have been a few confirmed cases. All on tracked cars. Many believe it is because of a flaw in the stock ecu map that supposedly makes the engine knock at high rpm, aggressive shifts. But there has not been enough cases to really tell if it is an issue to be worried about or not.

I am not trying to sway you one way or the other. I just want you to be aware of what could possibly be problems. I mostly didn't buy one because of wanting a house. That and the fact that I would track it if I bought one. I want to know for certain that it will be bulletproof before I make the investment. That won't really be known for a year or 2.
    In Japan they have a base model with a simple dash board and recaro seats that costs 10k less. Y u no America

11-24-2013 10:09 PM
    I haven't heard of any issues with the cars at all. The Subaru is focused more towards the luxury side(Leather seats, better quality), while the scion is focused more towards the teenage side (pull mad skids, cheaper cost). If you have any questions, just ask me. I have lots of people/cookies

I will PM you if I have any more questions, thanks!
    I think it might be time for a thread title change.

(⊙_⊙) I think people that take the time out of their day (or night) to think of some clever, memorable or just plain dumb signature probably have way too much time on their collective hands and they should get back to work and earn their paycheck, instead of just expecting their paycheck. People like this make me sick to my stomach.
    Love the new signature, llamabreath!

True, new models will have a few kinks to work out. Were the issues on the Subaru, the Scion or both? Also thanks for informing me of the issues. Like you, if I spend that kind of money on a car I would want the kinks to be worked out.
    In Japan they have a base model with a simple dash board and recaro seats that costs 10k less. Y u no America

It is crazy the kind of cars you can get in other parts of the world. I spent four of my six years in the military stationed in Germany, and let’s just say that if you saw some of the Mercedes trim lines there you’d be in shock!
    12-01-2013 10:20 AM
    America always gets the bad cars...

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    12-01-2013 10:56 AM
    America always gets the bad cars...

That is very true.
    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
    12-05-2013 01:08 PM
    That is very true.
    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
    I'm still waiting to import a GT-R R34

12-06-2013 07:34 AM
    I'm still waiting to import a GT-R R34

That, along with the diesel Subaru Outback and Forester...among other cars!
    12-08-2013 02:37 PM
    That, along with the diesel Subaru Outback and Forester...among other cars!
    'MURICA!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails I want our money back-1386557196395.jpg  
    12-08-2013 08:47 PM
    'MURICA!!!!!

Don't get me started my friend! Where is the diesel Audi A4 or the turbo-diesel, all wheel drive, BMW 3 Series that Europe has? I would move back to Europe in a heart beat for their cars alone.

Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
    12-09-2013 01:30 PM
    Don't get me started my friend! Where is the diesel Audi A4 or the turbo-diesel, all wheel drive, BMW 3 Series that Europe has? I would move back to Europe in a heart beat for their cars alone.

Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
    You forgot the V10 RS6 Avant, M5 Estate and NSX-R

12-11-2013 10:56 AM
    You forgot the V10 RS6 Avant, M5 Estate and NSX-R

I know my friend...it is depressing that the cars we get here are, for a lack of a better word, censored compared to their overseas relatives.
    12-14-2013 01:15 PM
    Thread hasn't been on topic... possibly ever, but certainly not in recent history.
    12-14-2013 04:18 PM
73 123