12-21-2013 11:27 PM
57 123
tools
    You mean like this?
    Yep! That was on a different thread I think lol

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    11-30-2013 11:56 AM
    Some things you just shouldn't buy foreign. Take trucks for example. There's a reason Ford, Ram and Chevy trucks are so much more popular than Toyota or Nissan trucks.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-30-2013 01:19 PM
    Yep! That was on a different thread I think lol

It was.

(⊙_⊙) I think people that take the time out of their day (or night) to think of some clever, memorable or just plain dumb signature probably have way too much time on their collective hands and they should get back to work and earn their paycheck, instead of just expecting their paycheck. People like this make me sick to my stomach.
    11-30-2013 01:37 PM
    Some things you just shouldn't buy foreign. Take trucks for example. There's a reason Ford, Ram and Chevy trucks are so much more popular than Toyota or Nissan trucks.

We use Toyota more cars wise.
    Our Holdens (chev) are so uneconomical and stuff up all the time. A family friend had their monaro break down 5 times in the first year. For $70,000 you think it would last past the warranty, Holden ended up giving them a new car. Anyways very few are now built in my country, let's say closer to home is becoming the Asian market for us.

Our government has been floating GM in Australia. Since they can no longer promise jobs will stay here due to 'labour rates' its likely were cutting their fundings. E.g. the additional 300 million they received a few months ago on top of the other contributions.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    11-30-2013 06:43 PM

The awkward moment when a Ford F150 is made in mexico and the Japanese brands are made in America.

12-01-2013 12:24 AM
    The awkward moment when a Ford F150 is made in mexico and the Japanese brands are made in America.

Pretty sure its still assembled in Dearborn, MI. And designed in the US also, which matters.

12-01-2013 01:58 AM
    If it works and does what it says on the tin, I'm not too worried at all.

Posted via Nexus 7 (2013)
    12-01-2013 11:55 AM
    Its funny how name influences choices. Like there was a big deal about Qantas planes not being services in Australia and 'scares' of its safety bring impacted. As soon as they said its being repaired and serviced in Germany everyone was like oh sweet that's OK then.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-07-2013 04:13 PM
    Its funny how name influences choices. Like there was a big deal about Qantas planes not being services in Australia and 'scares' of its safety bring impacted. As soon as they said its being repaired and serviced in Germany everyone was like oh sweet that's OK then.

Fairclough, Qantas planes are, and will continue to be maintained in Australia.
    12-07-2013 07:30 PM
    I thought they were looking in Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, United Kingdom and United States as it saves them 14 million?

12-07-2013 10:49 PM
    All I know is I called samsung 15 times in a row and got a middle eastern person every rip. I hate talking to someone I can't understand. Its like getting a garbled text, I will respond with only three words to jumbled texts. "Proofread then resend."

This thread is in unacceptable condition; UNACCEPTABLE....
    SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral
    12-08-2013 12:37 AM
    I have absolutely no problem at all with the Chinese whatsoever. I don't like what western media shows of their government but propaganda is propaganda. I attended a Chinese church for several months some years ago and they were the warmest and friendliest people I can remember meeting...ever. ...and I'm given that I'm not Asian or caucasian that was quite surprising. ...and I love Chinese food. I have absolutely no problem with their products or companies as long as the products are high quality. I won't hold their companies to western standards but don't want to see their workers harmfully exploited either.

gp8.3
    12-08-2013 09:04 AM
    I have absolutely no problem at all with the Chinese whatsoever. I don't like what western media shows of their government but propaganda is propaganda. I attended a Chinese church for several months some years ago and they were the warmest and friendliest people I can remember meeting...ever. ...and I'm given that I'm not Asian or caucasian that was quite surprising. ...and I love Chinese food. I have absolutely no problem with their products or companies as long as the products are high quality. I won't hold their companies to western standards but don't want to see their workers harmfully exploited either.

gp8.3
    No one is saying they have a problem with the Chinese people. I do have a problem with any government that shoots down their own citizens. Tianenmen Square massacre - not that long ago. Other atrocities since then.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    12-08-2013 02:09 PM
    Quiet ironic the timing of my post.

Working for Qantas this week.

12-09-2013 12:40 AM
    Well, I just ordered a Nikon lens from china for half the price we pay in the UK, I am sick of the ridiculous mark up of UK companies.
    12-09-2013 06:56 AM
    Well, I just ordered a Nikon lens from china for half the price we pay in the UK, I am sick of the ridiculous mark up of UK companies.
    You can thank capitalism!

12-09-2013 06:59 AM
    Canon has their prices by area codes. Dad found this out when he used to work the newspaper as a sports photographer. His lens's broke and they were replacing it. To his shock the lenses was $12,000 from Asia and almost $20,000 in Australia. Thankfully his work foot the bill. Canon Australia let the details slip, you can tell where they got the new lenses from.

12-09-2013 07:24 AM
    The awkward moment when the lenses cost about $50 to make in a factory

12-09-2013 07:26 AM
    You can thank capitalism!
    I will give capitalism a miss and go direct in future. And manufacturers scratch their heads why there is a big market for knock-off goods and pirate mp3 and DVD downloads. I guess the mark ups cover those losses so much they become acceptable.
    12-09-2013 07:41 AM
    I will give capitalism a miss and go direct in future. And manufacturers scratch their heads why there is a big market for knock-off goods and pirate mp3 and DVD downloads. I guess the mark ups cover those losses so much they become acceptable.
    Just be careful when you are buying stuff directly from China, there's a lot of counterfeit merchandise there. It may say SanDisk, but it's not, it may say Polo, but it's not, so just be careful.
    dakeb likes this.
    12-09-2013 11:22 AM
    Just be careful when you are buying stuff directly from China, there's a lot of counterfeit merchandise there. It may say SanDisk, but it's not, it may say Polo, but it's not, so just be careful.
    Noted, I checked the retailer in question (DigitalRev.com) and it has thousands of positive reviews on independent websites so I hope for a good result. Delivery is quoted in 5 days. Will feedback here.
    palandri likes this.
    12-09-2013 11:59 AM
    Noted, I checked the retailer in question (DigitalRev.com) and it has thousands of positive reviews on independent websites so I hope for a good result. Delivery is quoted in 5 days. Will feedback here.
    It's being delivered by DHL, and they are texting me progress reports. It's about to leave Hong Kong.
    12-10-2013 10:39 AM
    And GM officially just got most of its bail out cut from our government. Total they made the decision to stop the manufacturing by 2017 and this out government is in the process of pulling funds out. On average we gave GM $40,000 per Australian employee hired.

12-10-2013 09:21 PM
    And GM officially just got most of its bail out cut from our government. Total they made the decision to stop the manufacturing by 2017 and this out government is in the process of pulling funds out. On average we gave GM $40,000 per Australian employee hired.

'STRAYA

12-11-2013 10:31 AM
    Its interesting to see what will happen to the plants and work shops the government bought them.

Then again, Toyota is the last manufacturer here and they might reap the rewards even though they saying they could leave as their suppliers might collapse with Holdens demise

12-11-2013 10:32 PM
57 123