12-21-2013 11:27 PM
57 123
tools
    I'd say it's simple, anything made in China with a very cheap price for the product is obviously junk, anything with a reasonable price tag is more than likely on par (equal too) with other international manufacturers.

China do make some excellent products, just look at Lenovo and Huawei.

But if there's one thing I know is almost every one is biased against products made in China. For all we know iPhones could be made in China, certain Samsung accessories are too like phone chargers.

If being biased is your view from a political or moral standard, look at it like this: the Chinese workers do get paid very little but the cost of living and legal minimum wage are very different there, for the workers its a chance of employment where they would otherwise have no money for basic needs. What concerns me more is the working conditions, but you never know if they are just rumours or US propaganda. (don't flame that I said that, I dont have anything against the US, I just know they haven't been too supportive of the east)

Personally I'd but a Chinese product if it suited my needs better than any other product and the price was not of concern because it's too cheap.

What are your thoughts ? Would you buy a Chinese product ?
    11-29-2013 01:15 PM
    Would I buy a Chinese product?
    Probably more than 70% of the products we all (including you) are in possession of are made in China. I don't think we really have much choice.
    Tall Mike 2145 and Amir like this.
    11-29-2013 03:24 PM
    Everything is from China.
    Most things I buy I order from Hong Kong due to the price of it in comparison to retail here. Most of it for a fraction is equal to retail, now and than the odd crap comes in but I guess when you pay a few dollars for a $20 item that can be expected

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    11-29-2013 03:30 PM
    Snip

But if there's one thing I know is almost every one is biased against products made in China. For all we know iPhones could be made in China, certain Samsung accessories are too like phone chargers.
    iPhones are made in China. It even says it on the iPhone itself.

As far as products being made in China, I have no problem with it, in terms of quality of the products being made. For the most part they are made solid. The only problem I have with it, is all the much needed jobs are outsourced over seas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-29-2013 04:37 PM
    It just depends on that machines the manufacturers use to make their phone

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    11-29-2013 04:48 PM
    Yes most stuff is made in China whether we like it or not. But, I still want a Xiaomi MI2s. At first I had no qualms about it. But then when I realize China could call in our debts tomorrow, and all the innocent people they've killed just for wanting to be Christians or the slightest amount of free speech I think I don't want to voluntarily contribute funds to the Chinese government.

By the way, Xiaomi phones are cheap the way Google phones are. Not because they're crappy but because they're a platform for MIUI.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    Fairclough likes this.
    11-29-2013 07:03 PM
    My phone was made in South Korea, tyvm.

That being said, how do you NOT buy something made in China when all your options come from China?

Our enemy, folks, are the unions when they'd gotten to the point of just being power- and wealth accumulators for the greedy leadership (think 70s, 80s, etc.), Corporate America for becoming completely hooked on outsourcing jobs and importing all goods, the U.S. Government for letting those two respective things happen, and the American people for not standing up and ever DOING anything about the Government's non-pro-public actions.

It's really hypocritical, however, for people to complain about everything coming from China, yet going for the CHEAPEST POSSIBLE OPTION which therefore reinforces the reality that everything has to come from China/India/etc.
    11-29-2013 09:54 PM
    I know there are lots of quality products made in China, but it's all the imitation junk and recent contamination issues (like lead in toys) that give me pause. If I can find a U.S. made product, I'd prefer that even if it's a little more expensive. Quality aside, I know odds are the products are more durable, efficient, the manufacturing isn't as polluting, etc. I know it could still be a gamble and there are exceptions, but the chances are better for a u.s. product in those areas.

One thing I have noticed is some products say designed/engineered/etc in the U.S. If you're someone that tries to buy American made, don't let those fool you. There may be a small design team that drafted the product state side, but the actual manufacturing is still done overseas and you still have those concerns to deal with.
    11-29-2013 10:20 PM
    Hong Kong ftw!

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
    11-29-2013 11:10 PM
    My phone was made in South Korea, tyvm.

That being said, how do you NOT buy something made in China when all your options come from China?

Our enemy, folks, are the unions when they'd gotten to the point of just being power- and wealth accumulators for the greedy leadership (think 70s, 80s, etc.), Corporate America for becoming completely hooked on outsourcing jobs and importing all goods, the U.S. Government for letting those two respective things happen, and the American people for not standing up and ever DOING anything about the Government's non-pro-public actions.

It's really hypocritical, however, for people to complain about everything coming from China, yet going for the CHEAPEST POSSIBLE OPTION which therefore reinforces the reality that everything has to come from China/India/etc.
    My phone was also made in South Korea and I'm glad of that since lg also have factories in China.

The unions did mess up manufacturing (and everything else they touched) once their power became overwhelming. But the reason companies outsource is because it's too expensive to manufacture in the US. I don't think it's unbridled greed.

And the reason we want to buy cheap is because the economy is crashing and we don't have the money we did in the 80s and 90s.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    11-29-2013 11:57 PM
    Ok, wait let me rephrase. Are you biased towards purchasing a product from a blatant Chinese company like the less reputable ones like huawei or buy a car from GWM ,Maxus or FAW ?

Then the same question goes for Indian products, I hate to say it but I'm very biased towards their cars form Tata.
    11-30-2013 05:05 AM
    If I don't support my neighbors, why should I expect them to network with me? It's not all about dollars folks. That's the driver, but not the goal. Our priorities are out of touch with our needs.

Sent from my Moto X - Designed & Assembled in the USA
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-30-2013 05:46 AM
    To be honest. The end comes down to labour rates. You can see for an oil company why they would assemble the tankers in China.

A crane driver here for them can be between 100-200k while a same skilled crane driver is 40k. Multiple this by how many workers and you can see the corporate incentive.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-30-2013 06:14 AM
    ...Our enemy, folks, are the unions when they'd gotten to the point of just being power- and wealth accumulators for the greedy leadership (think 70s, 80s, etc.), Corporate America for becoming completely hooked on outsourcing jobs and importing all goods, the U.S. Government for letting those two respective things happen, and the American people for not standing up and ever DOING anything about the Government's non-pro-public actions....
    You're talking about Unions as if they a separate entity from the workers who are in the Union and they are not. The workers are the Union and the Union is the workers. They are not a 3rd party entity.
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-30-2013 07:11 AM
    ....The unions did mess up manufacturing (and everything else they touched) once their power became overwhelming....
    Oh really? I am a blue collar, working class Union worker. How have I messed up manufacturing and everything else I've touched?
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-30-2013 07:15 AM
    Ok, wait let me rephrase. Are you biased towards purchasing a product from a blatant Chinese company like the less reputable ones like huawei or buy a car from GWM ,Maxus or FAW ?

Then the same question goes for Indian products, I hate to say it but I'm very biased towards their cars form Tata.
    I stand corrected...I saw a nice Tata Manza today that I would actually consider purchasing, I'm afraid I spoke to soon.
    11-30-2013 07:26 AM
    I only buy Chinese products if they are branded with a reputable name.

Chinese electrical products that are not branded are often very dangerous to use, e.g. cheap phone chargers off the local market trader.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
    11-30-2013 07:29 AM
    If I don't support my neighbors, why should I expect them to network with me? It's not all about dollars folks. That's the driver, but not the goal. Our priorities are out of touch with our needs.

Sent from my Moto X - Designed & Assembled in the USA
    Please rephrase or emphasize your point, I'm not sure of what you mean or how you mean it. ( sorry I've never been strong with languages)
    11-30-2013 07:32 AM
    Please rephrase or emphasize your point, I'm not sure of what you mean or how you mean it. ( sorry I've never been strong with languages)
    Not all costs are obviously cash and we should have a more long term view of value. Cutting my neighbors out of their opportunities by buying the cheapest option will hurt me too in the long run. Everything has a cost, even low prices and we should be more willing to pay slightly more for added value.

I think the priorities of most people are short sighted and thus too easy to manipulate against their own long term self interest.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    11-30-2013 07:36 AM
    While I'm not against Chinese products as a matter principle like some people are, I do like to see Made in America. And, on Cyber Monday I am ordering a Moto X! See NothingIsTrue's signature for the description...

When it comes down to it, we go for the best value. Lower labor rates in China make products cheaper, even factoring in shipping costs. However, as China's economy rises, its price advantages are shrinking. I hope it keeps going that way!
    11-30-2013 07:40 AM
    And here comes the politics arguing part...

11-30-2013 10:36 AM
    Oh really? I am a blue collar, working class Union worker. How have I messed up manufacturing and everything else I've touched?
    There's a difference between you as a worker and Jimmy Hoffa as a labor leader.

11-30-2013 10:52 AM
    There's a difference between you as a worker and Jimmy Hoffa as a labor leader.

Jimmy Hoffa disappeared about 40 years ago, can you get a little more current?
    11-30-2013 11:03 AM
    And here comes the politics arguing part...

You mean like this?

Oh if you guys haven't heard, a ***** congressman proposed a bill that would remove the term limits. Another 4 years of this ***** president!

11-30-2013 11:04 AM
    Jimmy Hoffa disappeared about 40 years ago, can you get a little more current?
    Um, Detroit?

11-30-2013 11:05 AM
57 123