12-24-2013 08:20 AM
30 12
tools
    That's why they're trying to kill the US Post Office. You have certain protections when it comes to regular postal mail that don't apply to things like email. If the Post Office goes out of business, then those protections go out the window, too.
    Perhaps we need to start doing a better job of being familiar with and promoting encryption software on our phones them.

Oh and FYI...

TheGuardian.com: Revealed: how US and UK spy agencies defeat internet privacy and security (Sept. 6, 2013)
    12-18-2013 09:09 PM
    That's why they're trying to kill the US Post Office. You have certain protections when it comes to regular postal mail that don't apply to things like email. If the Post Office goes out of business, then those protections go out the window, too.
    That's an EXCELLENT observation.
    Something I haven't thought of.

This is a signature.
    12-21-2013 03:00 PM
    Umm hate to break it to you but the conservatives started this mess. Patriot act any one. Something shoved down by GOP.

Now that the dems are scott free they have been abusing the same act as well but this all started from the GOP. Dems kept at it and continued the expansion of it. Saying otherwise is ignorance if you think it is just a dem thing.

That being said should our privacy come back yes. Is it possible I am not sure. Companies already abuse it and can figure out your address with nothing more than a name and a zip code. They can easily track out buying habits with crazy advertising. A key example is Target sending pregnancy crap to a kid that pissed off the father because he did not think his kid was pregnant (turn out she was a few months pregnant at that point) Stuff like that does scare the crap out of me.
    It is insane how much you can find out about someone with what is publicly accessable on the internet.
    Right, because the Republicans were in office when the NSA was, and still is, spying on us. I don't think so! Besides, you posted in another thread that "eduction tends to have a liberalizing effect on people." You are wrong on both accounts!
    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
    12-22-2013 10:58 AM
    Enemy of the State is a good movie, but do you remember Sneakers? It was released in 1992, but it touches on topics that we deal today. Here are some lines from that movie:

"National Security Agency."

"Ah. You're the guys I hear breathing on the other end of my phone."

"No, that's the FBI. We're not chartered for domestic surveillance."

"Oh, I see. You just overthrow governments. Set up friendly dictators."

"No, that's the CIA. We protect our government's communications, we try to break the other fella's codes. We're the good guys, Marty."
    I need to go back and watch that movie. I haven't seen it in a while.
    Posted on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon Wireless, America's largest 4G LTE Network. Please excuse any errors.
    12-22-2013 11:00 AM
    That's an EXCELLENT observation.
    Something I haven't thought of.
    I think people say they want privacy, but their actions speak otherwise. To give another example, if people want to keep details of their life private, they really shouldn't post things on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter. It seems so simple, but so many people just don't get it.
    12-24-2013 08:20 AM
30 12