02-17-2014 02:21 AM
247 ... 8910
tools
    Uh oh....something's about to hit the fan in 3, 2, 1...

Report: Christie knew about lane closures on bridge

I always figured this would be where the first news came from...this guy seemed willing to turn weeks ago. And now, apparently he has.
    I think the Sandy questions/issues/queries are a helluva lot more important than the bridge thing.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    anon(6142785) likes this.
    01-31-2014 05:53 PM
    I think the Sandy questions/issues/queries are a helluva lot more important than the bridge thing.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    ...but they are both directly related.

(off topic glad to see you're not stuck on those icy Atlanta roads)
    01-31-2014 07:36 PM

lol, lol, i sure was.... i worked for 34.5 hours in a row (in a two day period).

""" EDIT ''''''
    These people here in the South DON'T KNOW A THING about pre-treating roads with salt.
    They think it's just for food.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    palandri likes this.
    01-31-2014 07:37 PM

Exactly. With David Samson and real estate issues tied to both, they are two branches of the same corruption problem. My question is, no matter who is ultimately involved here, why did they think they could get away with it? Did they think no one would ask questions when bridge access was closed off for 4 days in a row and no paperwork regarding a "traffic study" could be provided? Did they think no one would ask questions? It's one of the dumbest moves I have ever seen.
    01-31-2014 07:42 PM
    Exactly. With David Samson and real estate issues tied to both, they are two branches of the same corruption problem. My question is, no matter who is ultimately involved here, why did they think they could get away with it? Did they think no one would ask questions when bridge access was closed off for 4 days in a row and no paperwork regarding a "traffic study" could be provided? Did they think no one would ask questions? It's one of the dumbest moves I have ever seen.
    How come you never ask questions such as these when it involves your favorite president?

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-31-2014 07:48 PM
    How come you never ask questions such as these when it involves your favorite president?
    Let me know when some emails start flying out of his office directing people to shut down access to critical infrastructure and put people's lives in jeopardy. Let me know when someone he appointed and was friends with starts pleading the 5th. Let me know when some Governors of states start saying that he was leaning on them too much in real estate deals. Or using his campaign money to feature himself in ads during his reelection campaign. When ANY of those things start happening, then you'll hear me ask the same questions.
    01-31-2014 08:16 PM
    Let me know when some emails start flying out of his office directing people to shut down access to critical infrastructure and put people's lives in jeopardy. Let me know when someone he appointed and was friends with starts pleading the 5th. Let me know when some Governors of states start saying that he was leaning on them too much in real estate deals. Or using his campaign money to feature himself in ads during his reelection campaign. When ANY of those things start happening, then you'll hear me ask the same questions.
    Yeah, you're absolutely right.... he's squeaky clean. Sorry.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    02-01-2014 05:22 AM
    Yeah, you're absolutely right.... he's squeaky clean. Sorry.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    I'm glad you realize the error of your ways.

Joking aside, the situations are not the same, therefore they cannot be compared. Purposeful harm is a whole different thing.

Back on topic.... Another bit of news came out last night that Christie's former campaign manager, and the guy Christie wanted to head the state's GOP party, has now said that he will plead the 5th as well and will not be complying with the subpoena demand to turnover documents (which is due on Monday) on the grounds that may incriminate him. Yeah, that sounds innocent.

Posted via Android Central App
    palandri likes this.
    02-01-2014 01:14 PM
    ...Back on topic.... Another bit of news came out last night that Christie's former campaign manager, and the guy Christie wanted to head the state's GOP party, has now said that he will plead the 5th as well and will not be complying with the subpoena demand to turnover documents (which is due on Monday) on the grounds that may incriminate him. Yeah, that sounds innocent.
    Is this David Wildstein you're talking about or someone else?

Addendum: It's Bill Stepien you're talking about.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    02-01-2014 01:38 PM
    Let me know when someone he appointed and was friends with starts pleading the 5th.
    Ever hear of Lois Lerner?
    02-01-2014 01:58 PM
    You're right, it looked bad when she invoked the 5th. I don't disagree.

I am waiting for someone to pull a Mark McGwire and not invoke the 5th, but rather constantly repeat that they're not here to talk about the past, but rather the future.
    02-01-2014 02:16 PM
    You're right, it looked bad when she invoked the 5th. I don't disagree.

I am waiting for someone to pull a Mark McGwire and not invoke the 5th, but rather constantly repeat that they're not here to talk about the past, but rather the future.
    She pleaded her case, and then pleaded the 5th. That was illegal.
    02-01-2014 02:23 PM
    Actually, no. But if she did the similar thing as these bridgegate guys, then a pox on her house too.
    02-01-2014 08:05 PM
    Actually, no. But if she did the similar thing as these bridgegate guys, then a pox on her house too.
    She was the head of the IRS division that was targeting Conservative groups.
    02-01-2014 10:28 PM
    She was the head of the IRS division that was targeting Conservative groups Conservative tea party groups that were asking for tax exemption status.
    Fixed it for you.

And lets see, the whole premise of the original Boston Tea Party began because colonists were upset with taxes being levied on them by England. That's like going to the airport with an Al Qaeda T-shirt and complaining that the TSA scrutinized you.
    02-02-2014 04:27 PM
    And yet another one takes the 5th today (Bridget Kelly). It's going to be like pulling teeth I guess.

02-03-2014 08:28 PM
    I really dont see any unique situations in any of these aquisations against Christie. Sure they are kind of unethical but thats how most everything gets done in big government. Its the new age pork

We are yet to see if Christie was involved but I would never trust someone who was fired from his office for reliable info, seems like they know how to take revenge when someone makes them angry
    02-03-2014 09:45 PM
    And yet another one falls. One of the subpoenaed staffers (Christina Renna) listed in some of the emails but still employed with Christie has resigned. That makes three resignations plus two firings so far. They are dropping like flies!

02-03-2014 11:20 PM
    I can't believe he didn't have knowledge of it and I do believe it will hurt his chances of running for president in 2016. Then again, he didn't do anything criminal, so just mark it up as stupidity.
    I agree. I cant believe he didnt have any idea about it either. I surely don't believe him any more than I believe that Obama had no knowledge of the ap phone records, fast and the furious, irs targeting , and healthcare.gov.

Christie is as dirty as obama.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    02-13-2014 08:19 PM
    From the "for what it's worth" desk:

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po...ath-or-injury/

Looks like even the death of 91 year old lady wasn't attributable to the closures. In that article is a link to a NY Times piece that the paramedics believe the woman died at her house before they could have got there normally and the lady's daughter agrees.
    02-14-2014 06:54 PM
    From the "for what it's worth" desk:

AP analysis: ‘Bridgegate’ didn’t cause death or injury - The Washington Post

Looks like even the death of 91 year old lady wasn't attributable to the closures. In that article is a link to a NY Times piece that the paramedics believe the woman died at her house before they could have got there normally and the lady's daughter agrees.
    Does not change the fact that this mess could of easily caused a death. Pure luck is not a valid reason. People need to fry big time over this.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    02-14-2014 06:57 PM
    I really dont see any unique situations in any of these aquisations against Christie. Sure they are kind of unethical but thats how most everything gets done in big government. Its the new age pork

We are yet to see if Christie was involved but I would never trust someone who was fired from his office for reliable info, seems like they know how to take revenge when someone makes them angry
    No. I'd say the way Sandy funds is being used is criminal. Certainly if mayors are being extorted it is. Time will tell if the allegations are true.

02-17-2014 02:21 AM
247 ... 8910