02-17-2014 02:21 AM
247 12345 ...
tools
    Christie knew the emails were coming out, he found out his staff lied to him less than 24hrs. Listen, I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now to a guy who took center stage, made a very apologetic statement, then took a drilling from the press for 2 HOURS, answering every question they asked. Obama hasn't answered 2 hours worth of questions for the numerous scandals surrounding him combined as Christie spent on a few lane closures. And to answer your question about seriousness. No, I don't think a traffic jam is as serious as putting guns in the hands of drug cartels and having them used to kill our border agents or fracturing our relationships with foreign heads of state who are our allies because we're bugging their cell phones.
    If you really think he was blindsided by this and "just found out about it" then you really are way to trusting.

Their is way to much pointing to him covering this up. You do not have 2 friends resign and be investigated more than once and just now finding out about this.

This have every sign of being a true cover up and people need to fry and rot in jail.
    01-10-2014 11:45 AM
    Christie knew the emails were coming out, he found out his staff lied to him less than 24hrs. Listen, I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now to a guy who took center stage, made a very apologetic statement, then took a drilling from the press for 2 HOURS, answering every question they asked. Obama hasn't answered 2 hours worth of questions for the numerous scandals surrounding him combined as Christie spent on a few lane closures. And to answer your question about seriousness. No, I don't think a traffic jam is as serious as putting guns in the hands of drug cartels and having them used to kill our border agents or fracturing our relationships with foreign heads of state who are our allies because we're bugging their cell phones.
    Don't get too impressed with the long press conference. That's a well known strategy designed to wear out reporters and get them on your side. It was even in an episode of The West Wing.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-10-2014 12:19 PM
    Don't get too impressed with the long press conference. That's a well known strategy designed to wear out reporters and get them on your side. It was even in an episode of The West Wing.

So the short press conferences filled with denial and ignorance that we've been seeing more and more of lately are better?

I think signatures are stupid.
    01-10-2014 04:08 PM
    So the short press conferences filled with denial and ignorance that we've been seeing more and more of lately are better?
    Why do you jump to extremes? Is that the only options you think are available..one extreme or the other? The point was to point out what this actually was and that it wasn't an act of benevolence on the part of Christie the way some would paint it as.
    01-10-2014 09:10 PM
    Why do you jump to extremes? Is that the only options you think are available..one extreme or the other? The point was to point out what this actually was and that it wasn't an act of benevolence on the part of Christie the way some would paint it as.
    I jump to reality; never extremes.

01-11-2014 04:17 AM
    He's toast.

With butter and Jam.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    palandri and jdbii like this.
    01-11-2014 09:26 AM
    He shouldn't have mentioned anything about his "workout". I think that didn't help his credibility much, even if he was working out.
    jdbii likes this.
    01-11-2014 02:25 PM
    That is just not true. Ironically, the press conference you are defending WAS filled with denial and ignorance as to what was going on in his office. Really no different from anything Obama has done lately. And while in both cases I agree that they can't know what everyone is up to, they can make better hiring and promotion decisions than what we have seen from both men. I still question why so many people are involved in Christie's case. It points to a culture problem when people are doing things right in your own office. The boss sets the tone.
    jdbii likes this.
    01-11-2014 02:53 PM
    That is just not true. Ironically, the press conference you are defending WAS filled with denial and ignorance....
    Where have I ever defended anything ANY politician (read: liar, jackhole, corrupt, liar, egomaniac, liar, liar) has done? They ALL suck.

They're almost as bad as the people that wear iPhones on their belt.

01-11-2014 03:05 PM
    Being a liar is a prerequisite to being a politician. Doesn't matter if you are a Dumbocrat or a Repugnican

01-11-2014 05:05 PM
    Being a liar is a prerequisite to being a politician. Doesn't matter if you are a Dumbocrat or a Repugnican

And it only took 6 pages. :rolleyes:

palandri likes this.
    01-11-2014 05:09 PM

This pretty much sums it up, and it's why you see candidates make promises to gain votes that they don't intend on making good on. They do however make good on their promises to their campaign contributors when they can.

And this is why we need to find a way to take money out of D.C. Of course, none of us will probably see this in our lifetime because those with money understand that adding money to the equation will limit who can and who can't run. It automatically weeds out candidates that would do the most good for the most people. Big business: "What, you say you want to make gas, medicine, and food more affordable to the working class? Well, I'll just donate a large portion of money to your rival who isn't as ambitious about cutting into my profits".
    anon(6142785) likes this.
    01-11-2014 05:14 PM
    And it only took 6 pages. :rolleyes:

Four, from where I'm standing.

01-11-2014 06:36 PM
    This pretty much sums it up, and it's why you see candidates make promises to gain votes that they don't intend on making good on. They do however make good on their promises to their campaign contributors when they can.

And this is why we need to find a way to take money out of D.C. Of course, none of us will probably see this in our lifetime because those with money understand that adding money to the equation will limit who can and who can't run. It automatically weeds out candidates that would do the most good for the most people. Big business: "What, you say you want to make gas, medicine, and food more affordable to the working class? Well, I'll just donate a large portion of money to your rival who isn't as ambitious about cutting into my profits".
    Except it is not a DC issue. As this incident shows corruption happens on the state level. If you want to take it even further, look to Bell Gardens, CA where you can see it on a city level even.

01-11-2014 06:40 PM
    Four, from where I'm standing.

We should place bets next time, it could be fun.

01-11-2014 06:40 PM
    We should place bets next time, it could be fun.

:thumbup:

(⊙.⊙)
    msndrstood likes this.
    01-11-2014 06:52 PM
    Except it is not a DC issue. As this incident shows corruption happens on the state level. If you want to take it even further, look to Bell Gardens, CA where you can see it on a city level even.

It's a bigger issue in D.C. than it is at other levels. We need change from the top. What irritates me most is how politicians leave Washington and start working for the lobbyists. The sad part is the conflict of interest that's obvious isn't put in check. Why politicians are allowed to make money off of the lobbyists that already have a lot of influence over our political system is beyond me.
    msndrstood and palandri like this.
    01-11-2014 07:45 PM
    If what Christie is accused of knowing took place in Chicago, no one would bat an eye. We take crooked politics to a level beyond what the rest of the nation could even comprehend. Convicted felon's get elected here.
    01-14-2014 10:29 AM
    Chicago's got nothing on Texas where they invented political corruption and elevated it to an art form.

01-14-2014 01:54 PM
    We've probably already seen this, but I couldn't resist.
    Attached Thumbnails Chris Christie - a bridge to nowhere?-llama_91938310_203905c.jpg  
    01-14-2014 02:04 PM
    Power corrupts, period. It happens in every group no matter how big or how small. I've seen it happen in small non profit groups, I've seen it in biker 'heritage' groups, local government, local school board, neighborhood groups, everywhere. Human nature, I suppose. Doesn't make it right, just makes it common.

jdbii and GadgetGator like this.
    01-14-2014 02:05 PM
    We've probably already seen this, but I couldn't resist.
    Yep, but thanks.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    jdbii likes this.
    01-14-2014 03:29 PM
    Power corrupts, period. It happens in every group no matter how big or how small. I've seen it happen in small non profit groups, I've seen it in biker 'heritage' groups, local government, local school board, neighborhood groups, everywhere. Human nature, I suppose. Doesn't make it right, just makes it common.

You've just made a very good argument for a government that is manned by 99.99% robots and 1 DLotS.
    01-14-2014 05:09 PM
    You've just made a very good argument for a government that is manned by 99.99% robots and 1 DLotS.
    Ah, but then they turn into Skynet. And we know how that goes. Even robots have the God complex.

Aquila and GadgetGator like this.
    01-14-2014 05:15 PM
    Ah, but then they turn into Skynet. And we know how that goes. Even robots have the God complex.

That's why they're ruled by the DLotS, to keep them in check Checks and balances are the key to any successful government.
    01-14-2014 05:17 PM
247 12345 ...