02-17-2014 02:21 AM
247 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Lol, that's an oxymoron.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    01-14-2014 05:18 PM
    That's why they're ruled by the DLotS, to keep them in check Checks and balances are the key to any successful government.
    It's not keeping the one we're in now under any checks nor balances.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-14-2014 06:11 PM
    It's not helping the one we're in now.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    Congress is not mechanical and the president is no Sith, not by a long ways. Also, we're circumventing the checks and balances and no one says anything. We should be recalling members of congress that impede business* and prosecuting them if it's due to bribery, lobbying, etc.

Edit:

*Clarification: Congressional business, not commerce.
    01-14-2014 06:15 PM
    Businesses in this country are doing just fine with all the corporate welfare and tax gifts. Profits are higher than ever.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-14-2014 06:59 PM
    Businesses in this country are doing just fine with all the corporate welfare and tax gifts. Profits are higher than ever.

I guess profits are all that count.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-14-2014 07:01 PM
    Congress is not mechanical and the president is no Sith, not by a long ways. Also, we're circumventing the checks and balances and no one says anything. We should be recalling members of congress that impede business* and prosecuting them if it's due to bribery, lobbying, etc.

Edit:

I've said in another thread that there's been a lot of circumventing going on and I got chastised for it (not saying by you).

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-14-2014 07:03 PM
    I've said in another thread that there's been a lot of circumventing going on and I got chastised for it.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    Your hooves were probably stepping on some progressive toes. I can recall once, maybe twice, you've gone hoof to toe with one of us.
    01-14-2014 09:22 PM

Edit:

They are too slick to get caught being surrounded by smart people and knowing how to protect themselves. However,......

This is going to sound crazy and maybe even contradict what I just wrote, but I think a good number of politicians mean well, have good intentions, and try to do the right thing. There is just so much polarization and they need buckets and buckets of cash to stay in office.
    01-14-2014 09:31 PM
    I've said in another thread that there's been a lot of circumventing going on and I got chastised for it.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta

Are you bi polar? Don't worry if you are, some of my favorite things are bi-polar....there's the strip club down the street, and there's mother earth....North and South pole...
    01-14-2014 09:33 PM
    Your hooves were probably stepping on some progressive toes. I can recall once, maybe twice, you've gone hoof to toe with one of us.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-15-2014 02:46 AM
    Are you bi polar? Don't worry if you are, some of my favorite things are bi-polar....there's the strip club down the street, and there's mother earth....North and South pole...

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-15-2014 02:47 AM
    Wow...Rachel Maddow just ripped apart the press conference Christie had last week and showed where he lied. There are more and more connections to more and more people in his office too. Despite what he says, I am starting to think he was the motivator behind everything. There are just way way too many people involved for it to have come from anywhere but the top. I just don't see how all of this could have come about with THAT many people all on board. It's like there was an underlying understanding that everyone was in on. Everyone. A total office culture of retribution politics.

Anyway, the video is a little long, but worth a watch if for no other reason than to see the growing list of players involved.

All roads lead to Christie's inner circle | MSNBC
    palandri and msndrstood like this.
    01-15-2014 01:45 PM
    Wow...Rachel Maddow just ripped apart the press conference Christie had last week and showed where he lied. There are more and more connections to more and more people in his office too. Despite what he says, I am starting to think he was the motivator behind everything. There are just way way too many people involved for it to have come from anywhere but the top. I just don't see how all of this could have come about with THAT many people all on board. It's like there was an underlying understanding that everyone was in on. Everyone. A total office culture of retribution politics.

Anyway, the video is a little long, but worth a watch if for no other reason than to see the growing list of players involved.

All roads lead to Christie's inner circle | MSNBC
    Kind of my thought on it. The entire firing of the person was scapegoating. Lets face it Christie has zero integrity.
    msndrstood likes this.
    01-15-2014 02:03 PM
    Kind of my thought on it. The entire firing of the person was scapegoating. Lets face it Christie has zero integrity.
    Like most politicians. What I actually liked about him was that he seemed to not have the same hang ups about Obama as other GOPers, and he seemed as though he was ok with working across the aisles. Now he just seems like a petty thug.
    01-15-2014 09:14 PM
    I've changed my mind again. He won't be a viable Presidential candidate. He'll end up RNC Chairman and then have and a show on Fox or CNN.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    01-15-2014 10:04 PM
    I've changed my mind again. He won't be a viable Presidential candidate. He'll end up RNC Chairman and then have and a show on Fox or CNN.
    haha, yeah good call. He'll go on Fox and they'll tout him as their liberal mouthpiece.
    jdbii and palandri like this.
    01-15-2014 10:13 PM
    If Chris Christie is -- or is even close to being -- the GOP front-runner, or honestly pretty much any of the other whacko extremist ultra-rights are front runners for the 2015 process, I'll take that as confirmation that the GOP is going to self-destruct. If they get elected, then I'll take that as proof that this country is going to self-destruct because of the stupidity of its citizens.

In all probability, the 2015 process (i.e. the 2016 election cycle) will be my last one. I've already come to the conclusion that, if we can't get Hayek-, Hobbes-, Locke-, etc. minded people elected who will actually work to solve the problems we're facing, then nothing I ever do in the future is going to matter one darned bit. And, to be honest, it has crossed my mind on more than one occasion to question the worthiness of such a people to my continued efforts and concerns.
    msndrstood likes this.
    01-16-2014 01:42 AM
    I always go back to "the definition of insanity" and ask myself more and more these days how so many various activities could actually not qualify as insanity. Voting, in my view, is without a doubt an act of insanity, other than as I have outlined elsewhere and previously here on AndroidCentral.
    01-16-2014 03:47 PM
    I always go back to "the definition of insanity" and ask myself more and more these days how so many various activities could actually not qualify as insanity. Voting, in my view, is without a doubt an act of insanity, other than as I have outlined elsewhere and previously here on AndroidCentral.
    I hear that phrase thrown about by both sides of the aisles and I can't help but wonder who brought it back in vogue. I remember hearing it come back around the 2008 election. The only other phrase that annoys me about as much is, "Those*who would give up*essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." I can appreciate people buying into some of the notions of our forefathers, but when people try to work someone else's catchy phrase into discussion, I come to the conclusion that we are in fact sheep and our sense of originality, and critical thought has mostly disappeared. I sometimes wonder if these people sit around and laugh when they see someone else use one of their phrases in open conversation.

I will also say this, the workout program Insanity, interestingly enough, breaks the notion of that phrase. If you repeatedly do insanity over and over again, eventually you will get through it without a large messy puddle of sweat on the floor (it'll be a much smaller puddle), or eventually you'll keel over and die. Both seem like different results to me.....?!?!?!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    01-18-2014 07:01 PM
    More trouble for Christie:

NJ mayor: Christie administration said Sandy funds wouldn't arrive until project went forward

TRENTON, N.J. — The Christie administration withheld millions of dollars in Superstorm Sandy recovery grants from a New Jersey city because its mayor refused to sign off on a politically connected commercial development, the mayor said Saturday....

NJ mayor: Christie administration said Sandy funds wouldn't arrive until project went forward | Star Tribune
    01-18-2014 07:21 PM
    More trouble for Christie:

NJ mayor: Christie administration said Sandy funds wouldn't arrive until project went forward

TRENTON, N.J. The Christie administration withheld millions of dollars in Superstorm Sandy recovery grants from a New Jersey city because its mayor refused to sign off on a politically connected commercial development, the mayor said Saturday....

NJ mayor: Christie administration said Sandy funds wouldn't arrive until project went forward | Star Tribune
    So sooooo expected.
    Look for more stories like this over the next year or two as the left-leaning Media continues their typical tear-down of potential Republican candidates (just as the previous two elections) as per their Modus-Operandi.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-18-2014 07:45 PM
    So sooooo expected.
    Look for more stories like this over the next year or two as the left-leaning Media continues their typical tear-down of potential Republican candidates (just as the previous two elections) as per their Modus-Operandi.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    The silence on the Right from his cronies and supporters is deafening. He's a hot potato in the world of politics. Everyone is waiting for the outcome of the investigations.

GadgetGator likes this.
    01-19-2014 12:43 AM
    My favorite def of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different result. Like voting, LOL.

01-19-2014 01:08 AM
    The silence on the Right from his cronies and supporters is deafening. He's a hot potato in the world of politics. Everyone is waiting for the outcome of the investigations.

What's the difference between cronies and supporters?

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-19-2014 04:26 AM
    What's the difference between cronies and supporters?

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    Are are quibbling over semantics? :rolleyes:

01-19-2014 09:17 AM
247 ... 23456 ...