02-17-2014 02:21 AM
247 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Are are quibbling over semantics? :rolleyes:

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    I admit, I've been known to be a quibbler.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-19-2014 09:25 AM
    I admit, I've been known to be a quibbler.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    Quibble, Quibble, Quibble.

It makes the world go round. Although the word sounds like a cereal product.

01-19-2014 09:26 AM
    If anything this just means that the field is leveled against Hillary. You can bet that the Benghazi thing will work against her too.

Posted via Android Central App
    GadgetGator likes this.
    01-19-2014 01:28 PM
    If anything this just means that the field is leveled against Hillary. You can bet that the Benghazi thing will work against her too.

Only if you can find emails or text messages that implicate her directly. I'm not a big fan of hers because I think she has special interest groups in her pocket that I'm not fond of. Now if Elizabeth Warren were to run, I'd have no problem backing her. If Hillary taps her (no pun intended) as her VP, then I'd likely vote for her. I don't see any GOP candidate that can make it through the GOP primaries that would interest me. Something tells me even Christie would have a hard time making it through that primary and he seemed like a good choice before all his laundry was aired out.
    01-19-2014 01:52 PM
    Only if you can find emails or text messages that implicate her directly. I'm not a big fan of hers because I think she has special interest groups in her pocket that I'm not fond of. Now if Elizabeth Warren were to run, I'd have no problem backing her. If Hillary taps her (no pun intended) as her VP, then I'd likely vote for her. I don't see any GOP candidate that can make it through the GOP primaries that would interest me. Something tells me even Christie would have a hard time making it through that primary and he seemed like a good choice before all his laundry was aired out.
    Didn't seem like Christie was connected either, from what I heard. But if the news wants people to believe it, the people will- facts be damned.

01-19-2014 02:12 PM
    Didn't seem like Christie was connected either, from what I heard. But if the news wants people to believe it, the people will- facts be damned.

He did fire his top aide. Whether or not it was his top aide that was drunk with power, it was up to him to reign her in. So it's either he didn't know and may be a sign of ineptness, or he did know and it goes deeper than we're being led to believe. Either way, doesn't look good for Christie.
    01-19-2014 02:22 PM
    He did fire his top aide. Whether or not it was his top aide that was drunk with power, it was up to him to reign her in. So it's either he didn't know and may be a sign of ineptness, or he did know and it goes deeper than we're being led to believe. Either way, doesn't look good for Christie.
    So far signs to me is the aid firing is looking like scapegoating. The guy flat out lie when he said he just found out about it.
    He knew something was up after he was first ask about it and said he put the cones out. Or when the guy resigned.
    It is not him doing cya. If he had an once of integrity he would start owning up to when he knew.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    01-19-2014 05:58 PM
    So sooooo expected.
    Look for more stories like this over the next year or two as the left-leaning Media continues their typical tear-down of potential Republican candidates (just as the previous two elections) as per their Modus-Operandi.
    Please. Why is it a "left leaning" thing? Are administrations supposed to never be investigated if they are Republican? Are Republicans suppose to be above reproach? Do they get a pass?

Frankly, no left-leaning press is needed. Republicans have had a knack lately for putting forth the most unelectable candidates forward with all sorts of gaffes and skeletons in their closet. It's not a tear down situation. It's a self implosion situation.

Doesn't seem like he was connected? How can you possibly state that so early on in the investigation? Only time will tell that. But with THAT many people involved you only have two choices:

1) Either he knew

OR

2) He is out of touch with what his staff is up to. Now tell me, does Chris Christie look like someone that is out of touch to you??? Do you really think he is the type where his staff could put one over on him? Really???? And when I say staff, I am not talking about the mailroom clerk....but people like his CAMPAIGN MANGER and his DEPUTY CHEIF OF STAFF. People that were either very close to him or go way way back with him. Not some strangers down the hall. Think about it.
    01-19-2014 07:32 PM
    Ahhhhh, the trouble with quibbles. Fascinating.

01-19-2014 08:55 PM
    Please. Why is it a "left leaning" thing? Are administrations supposed to never be investigated if they are Republican? Are Republicans suppose to be above reproach? Do they get a pass?

Frankly, no left-leaning press is needed. Republicans have had a knack lately for putting forth the most unelectable candidates forward with all sorts of gaffes and skeletons in their closet. It's not a tear down situation. It's a self implosion situation.

Doesn't seem like he was connected? How can you possibly state that so early on in the investigation? Only time will tell that. But with THAT many people involved you only have two choices:

1) Either he knew

OR

2) He is out of touch with what his staff is up to. Now tell me, does Chris Christie look like someone that is out of touch to you??? Do you really think he is the type where his staff could put one over on him? Really???? And when I say staff, I am not talking about the mailroom clerk....but people like his CAMPAIGN MANGER and his DEPUTY CHEIF OF STAFF. People that were either very close to him or go way way back with him. Not some strangers down the hall. Think about it.
    I think the whole "libural media thing" is just more PR spin by the right. Attack and discredit those that report against your best interest so that their reporting falls on deaf ears.

I don't really recall the media harping on WMDs and our invasion of Iraq. Must be that damn conservative media.....

I'm perfectly fine with just calling out our media for being an ineffective group that's in bed with government, corporate America, and worst of all IMO, Hollywood. I want to throw something at my TV when news outlets report on their TV shows as if it's a news event. I don't care what happened on American Idol, the Bachelor, The Voice, or Survivor. Show me the news without your hidden agenda or biased opinion.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    palandri likes this.
    01-19-2014 10:19 PM
    I think the whole "libural media thing" is just more PR spin by the right. Attack and discredit those that report against your best interest so that their reporting falls on deaf ears.

I don't really recall the media harping on WMDs and our invasion of Iraq. Must be that damn conservative media.....

I'm perfectly fine with just calling out our media for being an ineffective group that's in bed with government, corporate America, and worst of all IMO, Hollywood. I want to throw something at my TV when news outlets report on their TV shows as if it's a news event. I don't care what happened on American Idol, the Bachelor, The Voice, or Survivor. Show me the news without your hidden agenda or biased opinion.

It is true...the media needs politicians and hollywood stars to have scandals so they get more viewership. Hollywood and politicians in turn need the media to promote themselves. They both use each other. Course the average person is part of the problem too as people love a scandal as well. If ratings didn't go up when they air it, this kind of stuff wouldn't be covered.
    01-20-2014 01:30 AM
    It is true...the media needs politicians and hollywood stars to have scandals so they get more viewership. Hollywood and politicians in turn need the media to promote themselves. They both use each other. Course the average person is part of the problem too as people love a scandal as well. If ratings didn't go up when they air it, this kind of stuff wouldn't be covered.
    True, true, true, true and true. :thumbup:

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-20-2014 07:37 AM
    He knew. The latest point at which he knew was after he was asked about it the first time and even then is far from iffy as apparently he has a history of doing this.

He covered it up. He and his staff need to fried and start rotting in jail. This is example of a reason why I almost believe when a politician dies the world is a better place and I sure as hell never shed a tear when one of them dies.

I am willing to bet that this will just be tip of the iceberg and they will find more. I want them to fry him and make a huge example out of him and his staff so no one even thinks about doing this crap again.
    He didn't know. It was his stupid staff that screwed this up. BUT, It happened on his watch and that is a huge problem. He is not a stupid man. A former federal prosecutor. If he was involved, I would be very surprised. Christie has been a good governor. Corzine was the the real scum.
    01-20-2014 08:26 AM
    There's going to be criminal charges now. You have the mayor of Hoboken, Dawn Zimmer giving a sworn affidavit to the feds that Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno tied the Superstorm Sandy funds to a private development project supported by Christie (that's extortion), and you have Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno, emphatically denying she made any such statement. The Hoboken mayor has also stated she'll take a lie detector test and you can bet the feds will give her one.

One is telling the truth and the other is lying. I don't know either of them and I have no idea who's telling the truth. We'll just have to wait and see.
    01-20-2014 09:11 AM
    There's going to be criminal charges now. You have the mayor of Hoboken, Dawn Zimmer giving a sworn affidavit to the feds that Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno tied the Superstorm Sandy funds to a private development project supported by Christie (that's extortion), and you have Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno, emphatically denying she made any such statement. The Hoboken mayor has also stated she'll take a lie detector test and you can bet the feds will give her one.

One is telling the truth and the other is lying. I don't know either of them and I have no idea who's telling the truth. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Well they are both politicians....

01-20-2014 09:43 AM
    Well they are both politicians....

I think politicians, lawyers and teenagers fall into the same category.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-20-2014 09:45 AM
    He didn't know. It was his stupid staff that screwed this up. BUT, It happened on his watch and that is a huge problem. He is not a stupid man. A former federal prosecutor. If he was involved, I would be very surprised. Christie has been a good governor. Corzine was the the real scum.
    Do you really believe he just found out about it? Come on think about it.

I can see plausible deniability but that is more "Yeah I know but don't tell me anything" This entire thing smells of a cover up. We also are seeing more and more of this crap he has done coming out. The bridge is just the tip of a much larger iceberg.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    01-20-2014 11:40 AM
    Makes me wonder who the GOP is grooming now. I heard Mitt isn't running again, thankfully....

01-20-2014 01:29 PM

I can see plausible deniability but that is more "Yeah I know but don't tell me anything" This entire thing smells of a cover up. We also are seeing more and more of this crap he has done coming out. The bridge is just the tip of a much larger iceberg.
    Most people here probably don't watch the really wonky stuff like I do. MSNBC Up on Sat and Sun mornings has been more detailed on this than anyone else. They explained this triad of a law firm, Wolfe & Samson, The Port Authority, and the Governor's office. People leave one and go to another. All three are connected. Wolfe and Samson is involved in the latest scandal. Samson was Christie's counsel in his campaign. Then he became involved with the Port Authority. It's all so so connected together. More will come out of this. It's only the beginning.

01-20-2014 01:35 PM

I didn't say that I think he just found out. I am just gonna give him the benefit of the doubt until I see concrete proof that the order came from him. Right now, it is not looking good, but I still don't see a single bit of concrete evidence that says christie ordered this. I hate to see that come, but he is a politician. Will be following closely. What other crap has he done that is so horrible except defeat the unions that think they should not have to pay their part?
    01-20-2014 02:55 PM
    Makes me wonder who the GOP is grooming now. I heard Mitt isn't running again, thankfully....

Once someone runs for president and loses these days, they will never be president because they had their shot and the party isn't gonna try it again. Is it possible? Yeah, but it never happens.
    01-20-2014 02:58 PM
    Once someone runs for president and loses these days, they will never be president because they had their shot and the party isn't gonna try it again. Is it possible? Yeah, but it never happens.
    Typically they try to disappear, but I don't think McCain got the memo....

GadgetGator and palandri like this.
    01-20-2014 04:28 PM
    Most people here probably don't watch the really wonky stuff like I do. MSNBC Up on Sat and Sun mornings has been more detailed on this than anyone else. They explained this triad of a law firm, Wolfe & Samson, The Port Authority, and the Governor's office. People leave one and go to another. All three are connected. Wolfe and Samson is involved in the latest scandal. Samson was Christie's counsel in his campaign. Then he became involved with the Port Authority. It's all so so connected together. More will come out of this. It's only the beginning.

I watched Steve Kornacki. Wow, he nailed it. It's interesting how he put all the players and the pieces together. Great reporting and investigative journalism. Good job.

01-20-2014 04:30 PM
    I'm starting to wonder if this is going to backfire on Democrats. Last time around the primary fight in the Republican party really hurt their presidential chances since the fight was so bloody. It exposed the Republican brand as extremist and unlikable to voters on the fence. Christie would have been a pit bull this time around and probably would have bludgeoned his way to victory. (He would have left a lot of damage in his wake even if he hadn't won). Eventually his thuggish tactics would have come out, turned off too many voters, and torpedoed his presidential campaign. Now the Republicans will wise up and end up betting on a more viable candidate.
    01-20-2014 07:55 PM
    I'm starting to wonder if this is going to backfire on Democrats. Last time around the primary fight in the Republican party really hurt their presidential chances since the fight was so bloody. It exposed the Republican brand as extremist and unlikable to voters on the fence. Christie would have been a pit bull this time around and probably would have bludgeoned his way to victory. (He would have left a lot of damage in his wake even if he hadn't won). Eventually his thuggish tactics would have come out, turned off too many voters, and torpedoed his presidential campaign. Now the Republicans will wise up and end up betting on a more viable candidate.
    LOL and just who would that be? There is no such person. Get through the GOP primary and you cannot win the general. If you can win a general then you cannot get through a primary. It is a catch 22 situation that is not present in the Democrat side and unique to the GOP.

As if that wasn't bad enough there are the additional demographic problems that paint a bleak picture for the future. And finally they have policy issues.

As long as they stay the course they will have trouble winning a national election. If they make some changes than we shall see. But they seem reluctant to do that so far. Despite their "autopsy" that listed the changes they must make, they have done nothing. In fact they got worse with the shutdown.

The civil war within the party does not help matters.

jdbii and nolittdroid like this.
    01-20-2014 11:02 PM
247 ... 34567 ...