02-17-2014 02:21 AM
247 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I'd like to know where I ever defended "behavior" like that. By the way, it's only "that behavior" if that behavior was actually carried out.
    When you respond to this:

And really, you are glad Christie might have committed a criminal act just to stick it to Democrats? Despite the fact that Republicans would have been effected too? That's not rational. And certainly no way to run a state much less potentially the White House.
    with this:
    You're absolutely correct.
    The White House has been so admirably run lately.

The World RESPECTS us now.
    We are SAFE now.
    The economy is SO MUCH BETTER now.
    ....it implies that you agree with someone being glad someone might have done something to stick it to the democrats since you didn't address that point at all. Which was the whole point of the post to begin with. If you aren't addressing it, then you, with your silence and lack of criticism over it, are agreeing with the tactic being okay to do to a political opponent.

I always find it strange and a little more than suspect when someone wants to inject Obama into random post that have nothing to do with Obama. This thread is about a potential occupant of the White House and the troubles he is going through and if they will hurt his chances. Not about the current occupant of the White House and the troubles he has. In other words...it's a future election thread...not one hemming and hawing over whatever past transgressions the current office holder has made. I am sure there are plenty of topics on him. We don't need yet another one. And to be fair.... along those same lines I really don't want anyone mentioning Bush or any other President either. Let's let all that stuff go in this thread and stay on topic. Else all the topics will start looking alike and saying the same things over and over. And what would the point of that be?

(and yes, I am guilty of that too somewhat..but let's all move past this ridiculous partisan bickering over the same stuff we have talked about for the last four years. I am really tired of those horses being beat.)
    01-22-2014 12:59 AM
    When you respond to this:

with this:

....it implies that you agree with someone being glad someone might have done something to stick it to the democrats since you didn't address that point at all. Which was the whole point of the post to begin with. If you aren't addressing it, then you, with your silence and lack of criticism over it, are agreeing with the tactic being okay to do to a political opponent.
    This is all in your head, not mine.
    Assumptions never got anybody anywhere.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-22-2014 02:52 AM
    Actually no. Not two years of full control. You need to do some historical research.

Gov. Jennifer M. Granholm: Debunking the Myth: Obama's Two-Year Supermajority

Wow, here you go...direct from wikipedia...yeah, he had both, so my historical research is correct...111th United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have a real bad case of revisionist history going on there. When you demand that you get your way or else the Government gets it, you should expect to be told no. Why do you think a hostage taking strategy is a good one?? You certainly would not find that acceptable were the Democrats to do something like that.

And if you want to talk jobs, tell me....exactly how many jobs bills have come out of the House? You don't hear Republicans talk about that. You do however hear the same old talking points....pipeline (what IS it with this obsession over one pipeline??), abortion, Benghazi, repeal Obamacare.......and repeat. Are there ANY new ideas in that party anymore? Any at all??

First off, Harry Reid has not let Repubs put anything on the Senate floor for a vote since mid last year. HR2300, great alternative to ACA, but again, Senate leadership won't let it get voted on. Pipeline?? Will create thousands of jobs and help get us to energy independence. BUT, the Gov't isn't in the business of creating jobs...they are to help the economy and give the means for businesses to create jobs due to growth. At the same point, what has the Dems done? Nothing? Exactly.

Incompetent maybe, but you'll need to point to a specific law violated if you want to make a criminal case.

It may not be exactly criminal, but it damn sure is civil liability. Companies aren't allowed to false advertise so why should he? This wasn't incompetence, he knew just what he was doing. But in fact, lying to congress (before it was passed) then to the people after can and should be an impeachable offense. Period.

Do you even know what the IRS tax law stated, in writing? Do you even understand that the real scandal is they were giving away too many tax exempt statuses (to both parties) rather then not enough and not following the law as it was originally written?

Ah, then why then did she plead the fifth to congress? MMM? No wrong doing? Then if that's the case, why didn't she defend herself and her employers?

I am not sure if any laws were violated or not, but I do agree with you that people should be held accountable here. It was extremely incompetent.

But yet no one was. You don't see the media nor any Democrat pushing for a resolution. Swept under the rug and I wonder why. But yet Christie closes a bridge and is being persecuted....

Considering the investigation has BARELY started, you cannot possibly say that "he knew nothing" simply because he claims it. Only time will tell that. Just as only time will tell who is lying and who is telling the truth between the Lt. Governor and the Mayor of Hoboken.

Christie may have, he may not have. Who knows. But if there was a REAL concern before about Christie's practices, why didn't the Mayor of Hoboken come out before bridgegate? Why now? Ah, I guess just to fuel the fire because well, she's Democrat.

Un huh....that's one person. So because someone does something you need to do it too? That's not the mature path to take. How about rising above it. not get down in the muck too??? There's an idea.

Let's see. Bashir on MSNBC said some of the most vulgar things about a woman on national TV. Melissa Harris. The commentator on MSNBC who made a joke about Mitt Romney's black adopted grandchild. Reid calling republicans "terrorists" and other names. There's many more. Need I go on? But you're right, I should be above that.

You live in a very partisan reality. You need to stop thinking that Republicans can do no wrong and Dems can do no good and get out of this us vs. them mindset. As usual, the real truth is a shade of grey, not absolute black and white. This isn't a sporting event. It's not about "teams". It's about people's real lives. And where in the world do you get "Obama is having Christie investigated"? You seem to think that Obama is some omnipotent being with his hands on everything. As if he has that much time. Right now it's a state investigation. The fed investigation really hasn't even started yet. But when it does, that will be people doing their jobs, not necessarily the bidding of Obama from on his high perch atop Mt. Olympus. I have to wonder what you would propose....that no investigations ever be done of Republicans because they all have halos on their heads and can do no wrong? Given your "stick it to them" response I guess the answer is yes. But one look south towards Virginia and the other Governor from the class of 2010 should show you that isn't true. The Republican party is littered with fallen angels. Will Christie be one too? Only time will tell.
    Both parties are corrupt. BOTH. But I choose the lesser of two evils. Lest the words from Pelosi "They're spontaneous. God bless them", as the occupiers are throwing feces on cops among other disgusting things. I can go on and on about your precious democrats that feel the need to keep US down to hand out entitlements so we'll vote for them and keep them in power. Who wouldn't vote for free stuff? Who wants to work when they don't have too? Great mentality on Dems part. Ben Franklin said "Once the people realize that they can vote themselves money, the republic will no longer be sustained". I want Olympus to fall. Not because of Obama himself, but because of his policies and his "I don't need congress to legislate. I have a pen and a phone." attitude. He's a dictator and once you realize that, we will be better off.
    01-22-2014 04:19 AM
    This is all in your head, not mine.
    Assumptions never got anybody anywhere.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    Avoiding the point raised and inserting one of your own is not in my head nor is it an assumption. I quoted both of our responses. I don't know how much clearer I can make it. The diversion onto the other subject was fairly obvious.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-22-2014 04:35 AM
    Both parties are corrupt. BOTH. But I choose the lesser of two evils. Lest the words from Pelosi "They're spontaneous. God bless them", as the occupiers are throwing feces on cops among other disgusting things. I can go on and on about your precious democrats that feel the need to keep US down to hand out entitlements so we'll vote for them and keep them in power. Who wouldn't vote for free stuff? Who wants to work when they don't have too? Great mentality on Dems part. Ben Franklin said "Once the people realize that they can vote themselves money, the republic will no longer be sustained". I want Olympus to fall. Not because of Obama himself, but because of his policies and his "I don't need congress to legislate. I have a pen and a phone." attitude. He's a dictator and once you realize that, we will be better off.
    I guess you missed the part about this being a Christie thread not an Obama one.

01-22-2014 04:44 AM
    Avoiding the point raised and inserting one of your own is not in my head nor is it an assumption. I quoted both of our responses. I don't know how much clearer I can make it. The diversion onto the other subject was fairly obvious.

You must be the kind of person that presses "NO" when the gas pump asks if you want a receipt, even though you know the pump will reset for the next person regardless.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-22-2014 05:04 AM
    So, now that Faux viewers have chimed in with their "talking points".......

I heard that Chris Christie's polling numbers versus Hillary have gone from a lead to a deficit. When you consider how Hillary does compared to other GOP candidates, it doesn't look good for the GOP. I wonder if there are any dark horse candidates that the GOP can throw into the mix to save their 2016 aspirations.

Granted, I don't think the GOP is either listening to the people or has too much of their campaign contributors' best interest in their ear. Government shutdowns, not trying to find solutions to the extended unemployment issue (sure cutting off extended unemployment may be necessary, but why not offer some sort of jobs bill in an attempt to spur job creation?), and their fixation with repealing ACA, they aren't doing themselves any favors. While I find the Democrats to be spineless, inept, and disorganized at times, the GOP is just absolutely tone deaf to anyone that doesn't have Faux News on at least 10 hours out of the day. Sadly, I'll probably give my support to the Democrats just so a 3rd party doesn't erode away enough votes that allow the GOP to gain control.
    nolittdroid likes this.
    01-22-2014 06:00 AM
    "Surely you can't be serious."

"I am, and don't call me Shirley."
    Sorry Hotlanta. I'm being a bit of a jack*** at your expense. Sarcasm aside, when it comes to fiscal, foreign, and war policy, I don't see much difference between either party. It's a fight between 100 billion on one side for project x and 102 billion for it on the other. They pretend there is a massive gulf between them on project x, but the 2 billion they are quibbling over is just theatrics (imo). I think there is little to no difference in Obama's War Policy than his predecessor, other than saying he perpetuated it and escalated some of the worst practices like drone attacks and assassinating Americans without due process. Social policy is another matter. I do see a difference between the two on social issues. When it comes to partisan politics and the sway the extremist hold, I don't like either side.
    anon(6142785) likes this.
    01-22-2014 10:47 AM

I heard that Chris Christie's polling numbers versus Hillary have gone from a lead to a deficit. When you consider how Hillary does compared to other GOP candidates, it doesn't look good for the GOP. I wonder if there are any dark horse candidates that the GOP can throw into the mix to save their 2016 aspirations.

Granted, I don't think the GOP is either listening to the people or has too much of their campaign contributors' best interest in their ear. Government shutdowns, not trying to find solutions to the extended unemployment issue (sure cutting off extended unemployment may be necessary, but why not offer some sort of jobs bill in an attempt to spur job creation?), and their fixation with repealing ACA, they aren't doing themselves any favors. While I find the Democrats to be spineless, inept, and disorganized at times, the GOP is just absolutely tone deaf to anyone that doesn't have Faux News on at least 10 hours out of the day. Sadly, I'll probably give my support to the Democrats just so a 3rd party doesn't erode away enough votes that allow the GOP to gain control.
    That is the sad part. It has been a long time since I felt like I was voting for the best canidate. It has been god help us if the GOP gains full control. They are pretty good at looking only short term.
    01-22-2014 11:33 AM
    I guess you missed the part about this being a Christie thread not an Obama one.

I guess you missed the part where I mentioned Christie...a few times...throughout my responses to your thread. The Democrats didn't read the ACA and you didn't read my responses. Go figure.
    01-22-2014 04:13 PM

Every time the repubs threw out a bill, it got rejected by Reid. Unemployment? The repubs sent out a bill in December extending unemployment through 2015! But Reid rejected it because it had a provision to fund and vote on the Keystone pipeline which would create jobs. 20,000 to be exact.

The ACA is the biggest TAX hike in American history. Not to mention I lost mine and my wifes coverage due to it and now I have to pay 3 times....3 FREAKIN' TIMES the amount I was paying taking away FOOD from my kids mouths. We were perfectly fine before. Don't patronize me about the ACA. It needs to DIE. Period! I hope the GOP takes control to give America back to the people.
    01-22-2014 04:20 PM
    That is the sad part. It has been a long time since I felt like I was voting for the best canidate. It has been god help us if the GOP gains full control. They are pretty good at looking only short term.
    Well, now it's a vote to either take the country back or vote for higher taxes that takes from the fortunate to give to the less fortunate. I'm sorry, I don't like paying for nitwit down the street that's able to work and collecting food stamps and other social services. I don't mind the people that need it but you know as well as I do, a lot of them are bucking the system....thanks to the Dems for making it easier. What no jobs? Really? Blame the Dems. They're the ones in power.
    01-22-2014 04:27 PM
    Well, now it's a vote to either take the country back or vote for higher taxes that takes from the fortunate to give to the less fortunate. I'm sorry, I don't like paying for nitwit down the street that's able to work and collecting food stamps and other social services. I don't mind the people that need it but you know as well as I do, a lot of them are bucking the system....thanks to the Dems for making it easier. What no jobs? Really? Blame the Dems. They're the ones in power.
    I look at it as how much fraud and abuse as it is impossible to remove it all and there is a balance point.
    My problem with the GOP is the social issues. Their stance on that stuff makes them an automatic no go no matter what else.

If they would stop being homphobic and start supporting gay rights follow by supporting women's rights. Their anti abortion stuff also makes them pretty much a no go.

They seem to be anti eduction (cutting funding left and right and then blocking teaching evolution and wanting creationism to be taught)
    They are against EPA.
    GOP is very pro military and anti social programs. They are very willing to cut spending in social programs and cut military benefits but OMG touch the funding for more planes and tanks we have a problem.

We have not even gotten to the other issues but those issue right their alone kill them and why I am scared of them getting in power. They are very pro 1%.

This entry bridge issue and the fact they seem to be ok with political revenge scares the crap out of me as well. This should be something they turn on Christe for and get all them fried.
    01-22-2014 05:13 PM
    You must be the kind of person that presses "NO" when the gas pump asks if you want a receipt, even though you know the pump will reset for the next person regardless.
    What does that even mean? I am not even sure what obscure point you are trying to make here.
    01-22-2014 07:12 PM
    I guess you missed the part where I mentioned Christie...a few times...throughout my responses to your thread. The Democrats didn't read the ACA and you didn't read my responses. Go figure.
    I read your response just fine. While you have minor mentions of Christie, the bulk of your replies have attempted to derail the conversation repeatedly into a "us vs. them" war between the two parties as well as an attack platform against Obama which you do in just about every thread you post on in this forum.

Case in point with your next two post...

Exhibit A:

Every time the repubs threw out a bill, it got rejected by Reid. Unemployment? The repubs sent out a bill in December extending unemployment through 2015! But Reid rejected it because it had a provision to fund and vote on the Keystone pipeline which would create jobs. 20,000 to be exact.

The ACA is the biggest TAX hike in American history. Not to mention I lost mine and my wifes coverage due to it and now I have to pay 3 times....3 FREAKIN' TIMES the amount I was paying taking away FOOD from my kids mouths. We were perfectly fine before. Don't patronize me about the ACA. It needs to DIE. Period! I hope the GOP takes control to give America back to the people.
    Exhibit B:

The topic of this thread is "CHRIS CHRISTIE - a bridge to nowhere?". Not the Dems. Not food stamps. Not the ACA. Not Obama. Not your silly little pipeline. Not anything else you want to drag into the conversation. Your last two post have made no mention of Christie AT ALL. So yeah...it's easy to miss the part where you talk about Christie...because you aren't doing so in most of your post!!!
    01-22-2014 07:24 PM
    I look at it as how much fraud and abuse as it is impossible to remove it all and there is a balance point.
    My problem with the GOP is the social issues. Their stance on that stuff makes them an automatic no go no matter what else.

If they would stop being homphobic and start supporting gay rights follow by supporting women's rights. Their anti abortion stuff also makes them pretty much a no go.

They seem to be anti eduction (cutting funding left and right and then blocking teaching evolution and wanting creationism to be taught)
    They are against EPA.
    GOP is very pro military and anti social programs. They are very willing to cut spending in social programs and cut military benefits but OMG touch the funding for more planes and tanks we have a problem.

We have not even gotten to the other issues but those issue right their alone kill them and why I am scared of them getting in power. They are very pro 1%.

This entry bridge issue and the fact they seem to be ok with political revenge scares the crap out of me as well. This should be something they turn on Christe for and get all them fried.
    I've heard that the pipeline would be piping in a bunch of nasty sand that contains oil that can be refined. The problem with the pipeline is to move that sludge across would require a lot of pressure that can cause leaks. Of course the GOP doesn't care about oil spills or chemical spills like in West Virginia because those are only working class problems, "What you can't drink your water, go stay at your summer home until we contain this chemical spill". What they do care is about making rich people richer.

I find it very sad when I see the Faux news crowd that make just above the poverty level but think they need to fight for the same things the GOP fights for. Anyone not making at least over $250,000 a year that votes straight GOP is like someone voting for Chris Christie to be put in charge of doughnut security.
    01-22-2014 07:30 PM
    The topic of this thread is "CHRIS CHRISTIE - a bridge to nowhere?". Not the Dems. Not food stamps. Not the ACA. Not Obama. Not your silly little pipeline. Not anything else you want to drag into the conversation. Your last two post have made no mention of Christie AT ALL. So yeah...it's easy to miss the part where you talk about Christie...because you aren't doing so in most of your post!!!
    I'll agree that he's going way off track, but his arguments are mostly Faux News talking points, which are easily discredited by posting facts.
    01-22-2014 07:33 PM
    What does that even mean? I am not even sure what obscure point you are trying to make here.
    I. don't. know.

I actually did that this morning at the gas station (pressed "no" when the pump asked if I wanted a receipt), read your post while there, and boom... it became a reply to you.

lol

>>> Sent from Coldlanta
    01-22-2014 07:35 PM
    I. don't. know.

I actually did that this morning at the gas station (pressed "no" when the pump asked if I wanted a receipt), read your post while there, and boom... it became a reply to you.

lol

>>> Sent from Coldlanta
    Maybe Chris Christie ordered a blockage of the neurons in your head?
    01-22-2014 10:21 PM
    The plot thickens......

Breaking news tonight was that the FBI is interviewing the staff of Hoboken mayor. This could get very interesting....

FBI questions Hoboken mayor's aides over alleged Sandy relief funds threat, sources say - Investigations
    01-22-2014 11:08 PM
    The plot thickens......

Breaking news tonight was that the FBI is interviewing the staff of Hoboken mayor. This could get very interesting....

FBI questions Hoboken mayor's aides over alleged Sandy relief funds threat, sources say - Investigations
    OOOO! What? Am I supposed to be scared? Christie will be victorious in all of this then it will disappear. But like I said I'm not quite sure if he's guilty of anything. But then again, he is a politician. But you have to admit, these last few years have brought a new breed and a new class.....the political class.
    01-23-2014 03:36 AM
    Maybe Chris Christie ordered a blockage of the neurons in your head?
    Now that was funny! Such a comodian! Flush another?
    01-23-2014 03:40 AM
    I'll agree that he's going way off track, but his arguments are mostly Faux News talking points, which are easily discredited by posting facts.
    Yup. Just like I proved Gadgetgator wrong about Obama having majority in the house and senate for two years. Right there in Wikipedia. Not hard to find. Discredit that by proving facts and I'll label you as a demi-god and admit "Christie" is wrong in all of this.
    01-23-2014 03:46 AM

They are against EPA.

I agree with you about some of your talking points that deal with social issues. I'd love to have this discussion with you but it has been pointed out by Gadgetgator that this is a "Christie" thread. So we need to talk only about "Christie".
    01-23-2014 03:53 AM

>>> Sent from Coldlanta
    01-23-2014 07:13 AM
247 ... 56789 ...