02-17-2014 02:21 AM
247 ... 678910
tools
    This thread was interesting for a short time. But it has become a Democrat said and a Repub said. Maybe time to put it to bed.

Posted via Android Central App
    rexxman likes this.
    01-23-2014 09:42 AM
    This thread was interesting for a short time. But it has become a Democrat said and a Repub said. Maybe time to put it to bed.

That's how all the political threads end up. They're really just all one thread with different titles. It's human nature, nothing can fix that (especially when it comes to politics).

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    msndrstood likes this.
    01-23-2014 10:55 AM
    OOOO! What? Am I supposed to be scared? Christie will be victorious in all of this then it will disappear. But like I said I'm not quite sure if he's guilty of anything. But then again, he is a politician. But you have to admit, these last few years have brought a new breed and a new class.....the political class.
    You're not supposed to be anything. This thread is not all about you. Unless you are one of the named individuals in this case. Then maybe you should be scared.

Yup. Just like I proved Gadgetgator wrong about Obama having majority in the house and senate for two years. Right there in Wikipedia. Not hard to find. Discredit that by proving facts and I'll label you as a demi-god and admit "Christie" is wrong in all of this.
    You didn't prove anything. Because the Republicans shoot everything down, in order to get anything done in the Senate you need a filibuster proof majority which he did not have for two years as I pointed out. Next.

I agree with you about some of your talking points that deal with social issues. I'd love to have this discussion with you but it has been pointed out by Gadgetgator that this is a "Christie" thread. So we need to talk only about "Christie".
    Now you're getting it! If you want to talk about other subjects just make your own thread. Would be happy to discuss there.

Only by one person. And considering this story is just barely getting started it is WAY too early to put this topic to bed. This issue, much like the Virginia Governor's problems, will take MONTHS to come out. That's the nature of all investigations. They take time.
    01-23-2014 12:26 PM
    I haven't heard a thing about Christie on the news today, all they're talking about is Justin Bieber being thrown in the slammer.
    01-23-2014 01:28 PM
    I haven't heard a thing about Christie on the news today, all they're talking about is Justin Bieber being thrown in the slammer.
    I heard Rob Ford was also in the news.....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    palandri likes this.
    01-23-2014 03:18 PM
    The news today is that additional subpoenas went out today, this time to Christie's reelection campaign.

palandri likes this.
    01-23-2014 04:18 PM
    You're not supposed to be anything. This thread is not all about you. Unless you are one of the named individuals in this case. Then maybe you should be scared.

You didn't prove anything. Because the Republicans shoot everything down, in order to get anything done in the Senate you need a filibuster proof majority which he did not have for two years as I pointed out. Next.

Both parties shoot everything down. But if the Republicans shoot everything down, then ACA would not be a law...right? Cause not one republican voted for it. And yeah, I think you need to read Wikipedia link again. Obama had the majority, not a simple majority so filibustering was out of the equation. Dems had 57 plus 2 independents with 1 vacant seat. The 2 independents gave Dems super majority. Didn't need 60. NEXT.

Now you're getting it! If you want to talk about other subjects just make your own thread. Would be happy to discuss there.

Only by one person. And considering this story is just barely getting started it is WAY too early to put this topic to bed. This issue, much like the Virginia Governor's problems, will take MONTHS to come out. That's the nature of all investigations. They take time.
    Yup and the investigations will go knowhere. Christie will be back at it slaughtering Clinton in the polls soon enough.
    01-23-2014 04:18 PM
    Drip. Drip. Drip.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/...s-revenge.html

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    01-23-2014 05:00 PM
    Drip. Drip. Drip.

Christie Scandal Grows As a Second Mayor Accuses Gov. of Hurting Citizens for Revenge

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    I'm just wondering why they are coming out now? Why didn't they come out when it happened or as soon as they knew? Sounds as if they're fishing. But that article is an opinion piece as the facts haven't come out yet.
    01-23-2014 05:07 PM
    Yup and the investigations will go knowhere. Christie will be back at it slaughtering Clinton in the polls soon enough.
    It's truly astounding how partisan you are. You can't possibly know how this will turn out. You may want that outcome to happen but there is no guarantee of that. You yourself have (rightfully) said you don't know if he knew or not, so then how can you now say that all these investigations will go nowhere?

01-23-2014 09:12 PM
    I'm just wondering why they are coming out now? Why didn't they come out when it happened or as soon as they knew? Sounds as if they're fishing. But that article is an opinion piece as the facts haven't come out yet.
    chances are before hand they were scared of him taking revenge on them for it. Since the bridge story broke Christie can not do anything. His hands are tied and can not use threats to keep them from doing it.
    It was said early in this thread the bridge was the tip. We are seeing more and more of this iceberg that is going to skin his career. If the GOP had any brains they would of turned on him a while ago over this.
    GadgetGator and msndrstood like this.
    01-24-2014 12:07 AM
    I don't know about any other mayor but in the case of the Hoboken mayor, she waited because she was still trying to get funding for her city. Plus she likes the governor and a lot of the things he has done. But when the bridge thing came out which I think will be tied to yet another development issue right next to that bridge considering the access lanes lead right from it, a pattern of abuse emerged.

The question yet to be answered is how so many people can be involved. I have yet to see any Christie defender explain that anywhere. All this had to be coordinated from someone. The question is who and why did so many buy into it? It's a fascinating case and I can't wait to find out!

msndrstood likes this.
    01-24-2014 01:39 AM
    As if any republican or independent would be able to get us out of the mess Bush and his administration left us in, in four years.
    You liberals have been name calling republicans for years.
    Don't worry, nolittdroid, I've been tarred with the epithet "liberal" as well by people on here who, despite my numerous posts, seem not to know me at all, yet clearly know how I must have voted. I happen to strongly agree with a comment from The Newsroom's Will McAvoy where he said Americans didn't used to scare so easy or identify themseles by who they voted for in the last election cycle.

I don't give a darn what people think of me. I used to as a kid. It's what destroyed my life at the time, and caused me to waste so much of my future. What I've learned through reflection, consideration, and a very long personal journey is that I'm not the *****; "everyone else" is. And that is in quotes because I don't literally mean every single other human being, though I do mean a great many of them.

People in this country who voted for Obama did so for, as I see it, one of three reasons:

1.) Bush made such a mess of things they would have voted for a two-headed alien from Mars if such an individual tried to run;

2.) They somehow honestly believed through hype that Obama was the savior; or

3.) I really hate to say this, but... because the man happens to be black.

I voted in 2008 and 2012 for Ron Paul because I'm very decidedly libertarian in my world view and he practically defines the essence of libertarianism. I am really tired of the non-intellectual and decidedly dishonest garbage of the Republican and Democrat parties, and I just don't find any real satisfaction with the others.

So all this stuff about how good/bad/misunderstood Obama is, I can only laugh. When I hear people say how let down they are by Obama, it makes me ashamed to know I'm the same species that they are. And likewise when I hear all kinds of praise for Bush, it just makes me wanna stick a shotgun up their as... you know which hole I mean... and pull the trigger. Same thing when I hear people wanting to blame Obama for all the unethical crap going on today, like the surveillance program for instance. Eisenhower started it, J. Edgar Hoover molded it into the thing it's gone on to become, and every president since has financed it and/or aided and abetted it. Bush Sr. for God's sake tried to get reporting and spying tech into every computer on the planet. How uninformed does one have to be not to know about such things as the Clipper Chip to actually sit there and, with a straight face, do nothing but blame Obama?

So, nolittdroid, don't let the bashtards grind you down; the ill-informed have no entitlement to your or my respect.
    nolittdroid likes this.
    01-24-2014 01:46 AM
    It's truly astounding how partisan you are. You can't possibly know how this will turn out. You may want that outcome to happen but there is no guarantee of that. You yourself have (rightfully) said you don't know if he knew or not, so then how can you now say that all these investigations will go nowhere?

Partisan? I voted for Clinton! No seriously, I don't know honestly how it's going to end up. But that is what "I" think is going to happen. The real problem Christie has is with his sustainability as a governor and as a presidential candidate rather that charges brought against him.
    01-24-2014 03:30 AM
    chances are before hand they were scared of him taking revenge on them for it. Since the bridge story broke Christie can not do anything. His hands are tied and can not use threats to keep them from doing it.
    It was said early in this thread the bridge was the tip. We are seeing more and more of this iceberg that is going to skin his career. If the GOP had any brains they would of turned on him a while ago over this.
    We'll see whether this was the tip or not. I doubt it goes much farther but that's my take. Why would the GOP turn on him since the investigations just started? Christie isn't guilty of anything....yet Besides, if that's the case, then the Dems should disown Governor Cuomo of New York for his comments about how conservatives and/or people that don't back him need to leave his state because they're aren't welcome.

I don't know about any other mayor but in the case of the Hoboken mayor, she waited because she was still trying to get funding for her city. Plus she likes the governor and a lot of the things he has done. But when the bridge thing came out which I think will be tied to yet another development issue right next to that bridge considering the access lanes lead right from it, a pattern of abuse emerged.

The question yet to be answered is how so many people can be involved. I have yet to see any Christie defender explain that anywhere. All this had to be coordinated from someone. The question is who and why did so many buy into it? It's a fascinating case and I can't wait to find out!

Because I think, if this is all true, that only a few were doing this and those two were fired by Christie. I don't think "many" people were involved on that this was pretty tight lipped all the way around.
    01-24-2014 03:39 AM
    Partisan? I voted for Clinton! No seriously, I don't know honestly how it's going to end up. But that is what "I" think is going to happen. The real problem Christie has is with his sustainability as a governor and as a presidential candidate rather that charges brought against him.
    Partisan? Well yeah, when you only spout Republican talking points and throw around a derogatory word to describe liberals it doesn't make you look quite so middle of the road or even a "lessor of two evils" situation. It looks pretty one way and partisan.

Because I think, if this is all true, that only a few were doing this and those two were fired by Christie. I don't think "many" people were involved on that this was pretty tight lipped all the way around.
    Clearly you aren't paying attention to this story if you think only two people are involved. There are at least FIVE people involved in the bridge emails, additional people named as having been aware of the situation (despite Christies claim that no one in the office knew about the bridge situation), and that doesn't even take into account the other investigations in Hoboken or the use of Sandy funds to basically do a political ad.

That's a whole lot of people and things. Not two.
    01-24-2014 02:19 PM
    Partisan? Well yeah, when you only spout Republican talking points and throw around a derogatory word to describe liberals it doesn't make you look quite so middle of the road or even a "lessor of two evils" situation. It looks pretty one way and partisan.

Well, yeah. But I have voted democrat. It all depends on who I think is the better candidate that suits my and my country needs.

Clearly you aren't paying attention to this story if you think only two people are involved. There are at least FIVE people involved in the bridge emails, additional people named as having been aware of the situation (despite Christies claim that no one in the office knew about the bridge situation), and that doesn't even take into account the other investigations in Hoboken or the use of Sandy funds to basically do a political ad.

That's a whole lot of people and things. Not two.
    Additional people named doesn't say that those additional people are involved. So far there are only 2 for sure. If there are any more, then they will be outed and Christie will fire them. So you can't say "for sure" that "many" more are involved.

Sandy funds for political ads? Yup. And those even were admitted by fema and other agencies that Christie submitted all paperwork involved and it was approved. Hoboken? Whatever.
    01-24-2014 04:32 PM
    Don't worry, nolittdroid, I've been tarred with the epithet "liberal" as well by people on here who, despite my numerous posts, seem not to know me at all, yet clearly know how I must have voted. I happen to strongly agree with a comment from The Newsroom's Will McAvoy where he said Americans didn't used to scare so easy or identify themseles by who they voted for in the last election cycle.

I don't give a darn what people think of me. I used to as a kid. It's what destroyed my life at the time, and caused me to waste so much of my future. What I've learned through reflection, consideration, and a very long personal journey is that I'm not the *****; "everyone else" is. And that is in quotes because I don't literally mean every single other human being, though I do mean a great many of them.

People in this country who voted for Obama did so for, as I see it, one of three reasons:

1.) Bush made such a mess of things they would have voted for a two-headed alien from Mars if such an individual tried to run;

2.) They somehow honestly believed through hype that Obama was the savior; or

3.) I really hate to say this, but... because the man happens to be black.

I voted in 2008 and 2012 for Ron Paul because I'm very decidedly libertarian in my world view and he practically defines the essence of libertarianism. I am really tired of the non-intellectual and decidedly dishonest garbage of the Republican and Democrat parties, and I just don't find any real satisfaction with the others.

So all this stuff about how good/bad/misunderstood Obama is, I can only laugh. When I hear people say how let down they are by Obama, it makes me ashamed to know I'm the same species that they are. And likewise when I hear all kinds of praise for Bush, it just makes me wanna stick a shotgun up their as... you know which hole I mean... and pull the trigger. Same thing when I hear people wanting to blame Obama for all the unethical crap going on today, like the surveillance program for instance. Eisenhower started it, J. Edgar Hoover molded it into the thing it's gone on to become, and every president since has financed it and/or aided and abetted it. Bush Sr. for God's sake tried to get reporting and spying tech into every computer on the planet. How uninformed does one have to be not to know about such things as the Clipper Chip to actually sit there and, with a straight face, do nothing but blame Obama?

So, nolittdroid, don't let the bashtards grind you down; the ill-informed have no entitlement to your or my respect.
    This quote is magical! Thanks for the solidarity, I seem to get attacked in here no matter what my opinion is on simply because people don't know if I'm a democrat or republican...I'm neither!

I voted for McCain(I actually still believe he would have been great as president) and Romney(#bindersfullofwomen). I am of the opinion that Obama gets some of the hate he does because he is the anti-Bush/Reagan. Bush was a liar and unqualified as well. George Washington feared a two party system ruining the country would happen, only now we have fanatic nut jobs on both sides...when the GOP and Dems are EXACTLY THE SAME in the end. Control, power & money. These threads get so ridiculous, how do people actually buy into the Republican vs Democrat; Us vs Them mentality? It's ridiculous.
    Tall Mike 2145 likes this.
    01-24-2014 07:24 PM
    These threads get so ridiculous, how do people actually buy into the Republican vs Democrat; Us vs Them mentality? It's ridiculous.
    In five words?
    Because people are generally stupid. Not only that, but the smart ones (with the high intelligence quotients) are notorious for not having run-of-the-mill common sense.

So, basically, the human race is screwed either way.

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    Tall Mike 2145 likes this.
    01-25-2014 12:03 PM
    We'll see whether this was the tip or not. I doubt it goes much farther but that's my take. Why would the GOP turn on him since the investigations just started? Christie isn't guilty of anything....yet Besides, if that's the case, then the Dems should disown Governor Cuomo of New York for his comments about how conservatives and/or people that don't back him need to leave his state because they're aren't welcome.
    Chris Christie - a bridge to nowhere?-facepalm.gif, yes because telling someone to leave is the same thing as what amounts to holding them hostage in their car on the road for hours.....

I personally don't mind it when people defend their brand via rational discussions, it's when the cognitive dissonance is so bad that it borders on trolling that I find off putting.

As far as Christie is concerned, I'm sure he's done a lot of things that a lot of people with power get away with doing every day from both sides. The problem is that he's the one that's being investigated, he's the one that has to deal with this hanging over his head. It reminds me of back when Kobe Bryant was accused of rape. His defense was to rat out his teammates like Shaq and other players and accuse them of doing the same thing he got caught doing. If you get caught doing something, own up to it and take it like a man.

While Chris Christie isn't necessarily trying to pull other people down with him, his supporters are sure trying,, "ERMERGERD, TEH HILLARIEZ BENGHAZI SCANDAL ISS LIKE A GREEK ROMAN TRAGEDY.....ERMERGERD!!!"
    GadgetGator and msndrstood like this.
    01-25-2014 12:59 PM
    Additional people named doesn't say that those additional people are involved. So far there are only 2 for sure. If there are any more, then they will be outed and Christie will fire them. So you can't say "for sure" that "many" more are involved.
    Almost missed that response since your formatted it all the same in the body of reply, but I'm glad I did because it points to a fundamental non-understanding of the case. I don't know where you get your news from (Faux news?) but you don't seem to understand all the players in this story at all or who did what when or anything. Once again, there are (currently) FIVE players in all of this. Named in emails. There is possibly a 6th. And there could be yet another one behind the redacted remarks (unless those point to one of the existing people, but then, why redact them?)

Bridget Anne Kelly: Deputy Chief of Staff in Christie office. The person that said "Time for a traffic jam in Ft. Lee". Fired.

David Wildstein: The person that said "got it" in reply. obviously understanding what Bridget meant. Resigned in disgrace and repeatedly "took the 5th" when refusing to answer questions at legislative investigation into the matter.

Bill Baroni: Christie's top appointee at the Port Authority which runs the GWB, and where he was Wildstein's boss. Testified that the traffic disaster was the result of a traffic study. A study that no one seems to have knowledge of. Resigned in disgrace.

Bill Stepien: included on some of the emails about the lane closures. Ran Christie's two gubernatorial campaigns.Christie had just nominated him to run the state Republican Party. Was fired by Christie instead.

David Samson: A former attorney general for the state and founding partner at the law firm Wolff & Samson, Samson serves as the chairman of the Port Authority, where Christie appointed him to the board after he served as legal counsel on Christie's first gubernatorial campaign. Mentioned in emails after the New York side of the Port Authority caused the lanes to be reopened: "The New York side gave Fort Lee back all three lanes this morning. We are appropriately going nuts. Samson helping us to retaliate,". Samson is still employed and has now hired not one, but TWO legal firms to represent him AND has hired a PR firm as well. Not exactly the actions of an innocent man.

It should be repeated as I mentioned earlier, that same Wolff & Samson was the law firm involved in the Rockafeller redevelopment issue in Hoboken...the other potential scandal. Coincidence? I think not. I think both of these issues are the same scandal...a real estate one. There seems to be a TON of cronyism going on here where everyone scratches everyone else's back. The Port Authority, Christie's office and this Wolff & Samson law firm seem to be three heads of the same dragon.

Additional potential players:

Michael Drewniak: A potential 6th player in the bridge scandal. I am not officially adding him to the list yet, but he has appeared in enough correspondence to raise questions about how much he knew.

?????????: Then there is that mysteriously redacted name/email address in the emails turned over to investigators. Who could that be? A potential 7th player or one we already know about?

Regina Egea: Christie's incoming chief of staff who appears to have been copied on some of this stuff. How much did she know?

It's a very tangled web and like I said involved FAR more than just two people. Anyone that thinks that is not paying attention to this story at all.
    msndrstood likes this.
    01-25-2014 02:54 PM
    Whatever. you liberals are all the same. Period. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, we do no wrong, we're perfect. I want more free stuff!

I'm out.
    01-25-2014 04:31 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facepalm.gif 
Views:	27 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	102102, yes because telling someone to leave is the same thing as what amounts to holding them hostage in their car on the road for hours.....

I personally don't mind it when people defend their brand via rational discussions, it's when the cognitive dissonance is so bad that it borders on trolling that I find off putting.

As far as Christie is concerned, I'm sure he's done a lot of things that a lot of people with power get away with doing every day from both sides. The problem is that he's the one that's being investigated, he's the one that has to deal with this hanging over his head. It reminds me of back when Kobe Bryant was accused of rape. His defense was to rat out his teammates like Shaq and other players and accuse them of doing the same thing he got caught doing. If you get caught doing something, own up to it and take it like a man.

While Chris Christie isn't necessarily trying to pull other people down with him, his supporters are sure trying,, "ERMERGERD, TEH HILLARIEZ BENGHAZI SCANDAL ISS LIKE A GREEK ROMAN TRAGEDY.....ERMERGERD!!!"
    But it was just as stupid. Do you not see that? Guess not.

Later.
    01-25-2014 04:33 PM
    Whatever. you liberals are all the same. Period. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, we do no wrong, we're perfect. I want more free stuff!

I'm out.
    LOL that's some non partisan views on display there. And as par for the course, when faced with facts they cut and run.

01-25-2014 04:44 PM
    LOL that's some non partisan views on display there. And as par for the course, when faced with facts they cut and run.

You provided nothing. Just hearsay. When they all get pointed out and brought up on federal charges, then msg me.

Let's do a little test here:

Your boss asks you to go to the bank on your way home from work and deposit money into a specific account at a specific bank. As the good employee you are, you say sure Mrs. Pelosi. She asks you to not msg here when it's done but rather email her. You say sure Mrs. Pelosi. When you get home, you email her that it was completed and you have confirmation.

Low and BEHOLD! Cops coming to arrest her for stealing from the company and they seize her PC's. WOW, your there with an email confirming it was deposited. Did you know she was stealing? Were you involved? Nope, you just did what you were told....but the cops out YOUR email with your involvement.

Like I said....hearsay. Until proof they knew and had a part...you know nothing.
    01-25-2014 05:06 PM
247 ... 678910