02-17-2014 02:21 AM
247 ... 78910
tools
    You provided nothing. Just hearsay. When they all get pointed out and brought up on federal charges, then msg me.

Let's do a little test here:

Your boss asks you to go to the bank on your way home from work and deposit money into a specific account at a specific bank. As the good employee you are, you say sure Mrs. Pelosi. She asks you to not msg here when it's done but rather email her. You say sure Mrs. Pelosi. When you get home, you email her that it was completed and you have confirmation.

Low and BEHOLD! Cops coming to arrest her for stealing from the company and they seize her PC's. WOW, your there with an email confirming it was deposited. Did you know she was stealing? Were you involved? Nope, you just did what you were told....but the cops out YOUR email with your involvement.

Like I said....hearsay. Until proof they knew and had a part...you know nothing.
    I provided nothing? Wow, are you intentionally being obtuse here or what? There are EMAILS. In BLACK AND WHITE of retribution style politics. People are lawyering up and QUITTiNG over it. Taking the 5th over it. Hiring PR firms over it. Scrambling like roaches on a sinking ship over it. And you think there is nothing to see here move along.....LMAO. Funny. People don't try to make plea deals and resign from their jobs over nothing.
    01-25-2014 05:50 PM
    But it was just as stupid. Do you not see that? Guess not.

Later.
    So you think Hillary Clinton was just as involved in what took place in Benghazi as Chris Christie was with what took place in that bridge shut-down and the withholding of Sandy funds? Wow really?
    01-25-2014 05:59 PM
    You provided nothing. Just hearsay. When they all get pointed out and brought up on federal charges, then msg me.

Let's do a little test here:

Your boss asks you to go to the bank on your way home from work and deposit money into a specific account at a specific bank. As the good employee you are, you say sure Mrs. Pelosi. She asks you to not msg here when it's done but rather email her. You say sure Mrs. Pelosi. When you get home, you email her that it was completed and you have confirmation.

Low and BEHOLD! Cops coming to arrest her for stealing from the company and they seize her PC's. WOW, your there with an email confirming it was deposited. Did you know she was stealing? Were you involved? Nope, you just did what you were told....but the cops out YOUR email with your involvement.

Like I said....hearsay. Until proof they knew and had a part...you know nothing.
    haha, wow you really have your head deep in that GOP Koolaid. How does an email that says "I want you to withdraw money from this bank account and deposit it into that bank account" equal Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee, Got it, ?

And what's funny about your replies is when people talk about what's going on with Christie and his current situation, you label them a "Liberal". Considering what it means to be a "Conservative" nowadays, I give you permission to call me a liberal all you want....
    GadgetGator likes this.
    01-25-2014 06:05 PM
    Please remember to be civil when discussing these types of things. This thread has reached the brink of "that point" a few times. Lets not cross the line. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    01-25-2014 06:29 PM
    Something else that puzzles me and that just occurred to me, is why is an email mere hearsay and not enough evidence when I or the press brings it up, but was all that Christie needed to fire two people whom he says he did not interview or talk to about this??? Just read the emails in the media, and fired them.

If it was enough evidence for Christie to take action on, then it should be enough evidence for anyone else.
    msndrstood likes this.
    01-25-2014 06:46 PM
    Whatever. you liberals are all the same. Period. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, we do no wrong, we're perfect. I want more free stuff!

I'm out.
    I saw your "I'm out." and cheered. This thread can get back on track and the partisan barbs will cease.

Then you jumped back in.

Knock yourself out!

Posted via Android Central App
    01-26-2014 06:47 AM
    " If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one. If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed. If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone. If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life. If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect. If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. If a Democrat is down-and-out he wonders who is going to take care of him. If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. A Democrat demands that those they don't like be shut down. If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. If a Democrat decides he needs health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his."

Jeff Foxworthy

BWahahahahahahaha
    01-26-2014 08:18 AM
    " If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one. If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed. If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone. If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life. If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect. If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. If a Democrat is down-and-out he wonders who is going to take care of him. If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. A Democrat demands that those they don't like be shut down. If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. If a Democrat decides he needs health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his."

Jeff Foxworthy

BWahahahahahahaha
    Is that what Chris Christie's aid texted to the authority that shut the bridge down? So you think the bridge shut-down was just a couple of yokels texting red-neck humor back and forth? Interesting.....
    GadgetGator likes this.
    01-26-2014 11:06 AM
    Something else that puzzles me and that just occurred to me, is why is an email mere hearsay and not enough evidence when I or the press brings it up, but was all that Christie needed to fire two people whom he says he did not interview or talk to about this??? Just read the emails in the media, and fired them.

If it was enough evidence for Christie to take action on, then it should be enough evidence for anyone else.

It's not hearsay if you said it or you are the author. So you can't use those emails against Christie if he didn't write them. (I'm not following what was written above so apologies if I'm getting everything out of context). You have a good point in saying aren't the press releases hearsay themselves since a reporter is reporting what somebody else said. They are the reporter's words not the employees, ergo, they are hearsay. I am not sure how you would get around that in court because you couldn't use the reporter's story as a basis for firing, you would have to authenticate the emails. I suspect that the Governor's political staff are at-will employees. You probably don't even need cause to fire an at-will employee.
    01-26-2014 11:38 AM

Jeff Foxworthy

BWahahahahahahaha
    Stop hijacking this topic.

01-26-2014 12:41 PM
    It's not hearsay if you said it or you are the author. So you can't use those emails against Christie if he didn't write them. (I'm not following what was written above so apologies if I'm getting everything out of context). You have a good point in saying aren't the press releases hearsay themselves since a reporter is reporting what somebody else said. They are the reporter's words not the employees, ergo, they are hearsay. I am not sure how you would get around that in court because you couldn't use the reporter's story as a basis for firing, you would have to authenticate the emails. I suspect that the Governor's political staff are at-will employees. You probably don't even need cause to fire an at-will employee.
    Exactly. Just because it's released to the media and posted doesn't make it fact.
    01-26-2014 01:29 PM
    Is that what Chris Christie's aid texted to the authority that shut the bridge down? So you think the bridge shut-down was just a couple of yokels texting red-neck humor back and forth? Interesting.....
    Could have been. But you know about as much as I know...well at least as much as the media wants us to know but if he did, It was funny!
    01-26-2014 01:31 PM

Look, I'm not disputing the fact that this happened. I'm also not disputing the fact this was deliberate. I'm disputing the fact that Christie knew of this cause all the facts have not been revealed. If it does turn out that Christie was involved, then yeah, he should impeached for abuse of power. But if you think of it, this is no different than Benghazi. Clinton testified she was not aware of the security threat so she didn't reject nor authorize more security but did she accept blame? Yes. Responsibility? No. But 4 Americans died. Who's been fired? Who's been accountable? In fact, the gov't suppressed the testimony of a lot involved....so yeah, it was because of a video touted by our gov't (rolls eyes). Now allegedly, Christie closes a bridge for alleged retribution and it's the beginning of Armageddon and the American way of life.

Do I personally think Christie had knowledge? Possibly. If he did, then he should be thrown to the sharks like anyone should be in this situation.
    01-26-2014 01:58 PM
    To the original question:

1) he most definitely knew and it's how his office (as well as the office of most) operates.
    2) it should but it probably won't if his EX crew remains loyal.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    01-26-2014 02:02 PM
    Could have been. But you know about as much as I know...well at least as much as the media wants us to know but if he did, It was funny!
    Funny? Perhaps, perhaps not, but not factual. Do some research.

Again, "Knock yourself out". (Inspired by the graphic you associate with your handle)

01-26-2014 02:30 PM
    Funny? Perhaps, perhaps not, but not factual. Do some research.

Again, "Knock yourself out". (Inspired by the graphic you associate with your handle)

Never said it was factual. Wasn't even intended to be factual. Do some research on the epitome of a joke.

NO need to be mean or nasty. You want a non-partisan discussion on the topic but yet you resort to insults. Typical.
    01-26-2014 02:44 PM
    Never said it was factual. Wasn't even intended to be factual. Do some research on the epitome of a joke.

NO need to be mean or nasty. You want a non-partisan discussion on the topic but yet you resort to insults. Typical.
    Attributing that quote to a person says otherwise.

I was neither mean, nasty or insulting. Just observant.

Thank you!

01-26-2014 03:18 PM

Like most things in life, you get back out what you first put into it.

Now, back to the topic.... I am glad to see you now not denying the facts of the case (as we know them so far) and that there were more than two people involved. If you see throughout this thread, not even once have I claimed that Christie definitely started the ball rolling on all of this. However, it is hard to see how so many people could be involved, including ones right down the hall from him and some of his closest advisors, yet have him be completely unaware of it. It's possible. But if that is true, then it doesn't make him very aware, nor does it make him a very good judge of character when hiring someone.

As for Hillary Clinton...it's a different situation, not entirely comparable. For instance, it wasn't her closest associates..people managing her campaign or people dating back to High School that she personally got jobs for that led to the Benghazi situation. And the murdered diplomat himself has responsibility in things as well. Also, rather then the situation being in the same state, the events were half a world away. I venture to say there is a whole HELL of a lot more to keep track of on a global basis in the State Dept. then there is going on in the state of NJ. It also wasn't a vindictive punitive action done on purpose, but rather one of negligence. Big difference. That being said, I agree with you that they should have been more on top of things, especially considered the date on the calendar, and that some people should have been fired for it.
    01-26-2014 03:33 PM
    Christie should say what Hillary whined: "At this point, what does it matter?"

>>> Sent from Hotlanta
    01-26-2014 03:58 PM
    Are you saying Hillary whined while Christie dined, eh? 😄

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    jdbii likes this.
    01-26-2014 04:16 PM
    Like most things in life, you get back out what you first put into it.

Now, back to the topic.... I am glad to see you now not denying the facts of the case (as we know them so far) and that there were more than two people involved. If you see throughout this thread, not even once have I claimed that Christie definitely started the ball rolling on all of this. However, it is hard to see how so many people could be involved, including ones right down the hall from him and some of his closest advisors, yet have him be completely unaware of it. It's possible. But if that is true, then it doesn't make him very aware, nor does it make him a very good judge of character when hiring someone.

As for Hillary Clinton...it's a different situation, not entirely comparable. For instance, it wasn't her closest associates..people managing her campaign or people dating back to High School that she personally got jobs for that led to the Benghazi situation. And the murdered diplomat himself has responsibility in things as well. Also, rather then the situation being in the same state, the events were half a world away. I venture to say there is a whole HELL of a lot more to keep track of on a global basis in the State Dept. then there is going on in the state of NJ. It also wasn't a vindictive punitive action done on purpose, but rather one of negligence. Big difference. That being said, I agree with you that they should have been more on top of things, especially considered the date on the calendar, and that some people should have been fired for it.
    With Hillary, it's the same principle. She is (was) in charge was she not? Was the ambassador not her employee? In a way he was. It doesn't matter whether they were close, it happened on her watch in her department. Ambassador Steven's asked for more security and was denied. Should she have not been aware that one of her employees was asking for more security because of the timeline? Sure it was only a half a world away but current technology suggests that they are only a call away. Email? Text? Cell phone calls? In fact, they did all this, was denied, and they paid the price. You're right though, it wasn't of a vindictive nature, until the gov't touted it as apart of a video they knew to be false. At the end of the day, it became a cover up. Now it has become vindictive in the aspect that no one...no one...has even been remotely reprimanded for American deaths within the State dept.

As far as Christie is concerned, it is possible he didn't know. But most likely he did. If he didn't know, should he be let off the hook like Hillary and/or Eric Holder was?
    01-26-2014 04:35 PM

Telling me to knock my self out like my avatar suggests isn't mean, nasty, or insulting? You need to check yourself.

And you're so very welcome! But I have been asked to stay on topic and trying to do so. I suggest WE ALL do the same.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    01-26-2014 04:37 PM
    Please remember to be civil when discussing these types of things. This thread has reached the brink of "that point" a few times. Lets not cross the line. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    All: If the "please" & "thanks" approach used in the post I'm quoting isn't going to work, there are other means that we don't like to use as much to calm things down a little.
    01-26-2014 06:05 PM
    If Christie was hoping things would get quiet and settle down his hopes have been dashed. Amid the (public) lull in the bridge scandal investigation, some new potential scandals have cropped up.

Potential new scandal #1 regarding a fired prosecutor: Christie scandal looms over hearing on fired prosecutor | The Daily Journal | thedailyjournal.com

Potential new scandal #2 regarding 6 million in Sandy funds being used for a senior complex: Christie used Sandy funds for senior complex in town where mayor endorsed him | NJ.com

Now, nothing may come of these, but to me the second one looks especially bad in light of how little money went to Hoboken, a town almost completely flooded. Yet it only got $300,000 of Sandy money directed it's way, but a development that Christie favored before the storm ever hit had 6 million directed it's way. That doesn't seem very balanced at all.
    01-28-2014 06:41 PM
    Uh oh....something's about to hit the fan in 3, 2, 1...

Report: Christie knew about lane closures on bridge

I always figured this would be where the first news came from...this guy seemed willing to turn weeks ago. And now, apparently he has.
    msndrstood likes this.
    01-31-2014 04:13 PM
247 ... 78910