01-26-2014 04:00 PM
30 12
tools
    The day we legalize heroin and cocaine for public distribution and consumption, is the day you can kiss our civilization good bye.
    By this, are you referring to the population of the United States, or are you saying that civilization == species?

I'd argue that there's too many instances of things being problematic for one group of human beings which are not problematic for another group of human beings, the only meaningful difference between Group A and Group B being culture.
    01-16-2014 03:28 PM
    By this, are you referring to the population of the United States, or are you saying that civilization == species?

I'd argue that there's too many instances of things being problematic for one group of human beings which are not problematic for another group of human beings, the only meaningful difference between Group A and Group B being culture.

Is there a group of people who are the responsible/conservative heroin/coke users? I'm talking about the US.
    01-16-2014 04:43 PM
    Is there a group of people who are the responsible/conservative heroin/coke users? I'm talking about the US.
    Probably not heroin since you can't get it in the US, but there are probably recovering heroin addicts on methadone maintenance who fall into that category. As to coke, yes. Its use is widely prevalent and many who use it appear to be normal. Not everybody on coke acts like Rob Ford, though many do.
    01-16-2014 06:28 PM
    Well, if you're only concerned with the U.S. population, then, maybe you could explain how it is different in this regard. Are you likening them to, for instance, Native American groups which are notorious for being susceptible to alcoholism above and beyond what European whites are? Or are you just saying that our culture fails in some way to prepare them to handle it appropriately?
    01-19-2014 12:15 AM
    The thing about this story that really gets to me is this huge Cartel had immunity to funnel billions of dollars of drugs into the united states while in the inner cities men who were trying to support families without having a job would get caught selling a small amount of coke or weed and getting locked up for years.

I know drugs can ruin lives but if we had good support for people they have a good chance of recovering before it is to late. The way it is now an arrest destroys all hope of a better life, secures unemployment that leads to the vicious cycle of drug use and violence.

De-criminalize hard drugs(Crack, heroine, meth, pcp) just have civil fines and then provide a network of help to addicts or new users. Rehab isnt easy when your future is ruined with a felony charge

Of course legalize Marijuana and regulate it like Alchohol that is a no brainer.

The interesting thing is what to do with non addictive psychedelics like shrooms and LSD
    01-26-2014 04:00 PM
30 12