06-30-2015 05:00 PM
209 ... 6789
tools
    That would create a new job of brains cleaner upper, when their head explodes.
    I say they televise the event as a pay per view. Imagine how much we could rake in.
    06-05-2014 08:43 PM
    I say they televise the event as a pay per view. Imagine how much we could rake in.
    What is preventing people from televising executions?

Going back to lethal injections, would you support a drug company that made the drugs used to execute prisoners? If the drugs are good enough to kill a man who brutalizes women before killing them, it's probably good enough to kill what ails you, right?
    06-06-2014 03:41 PM
    Going back to lethal injections, would you support a drug company that made the drugs used to execute prisoners? If the drugs are good enough to kill a man who brutalizes women before killing them, it's probably good enough to kill what ails you, right?
    I'm for whatever works. I'd be good with a pneumatic spike through the skull like they do with cattle. We could also just insert scissors and cut their brain stem like they do in abortions. As long as they are dead, it really doesn't matter to me how they get there or if they suffer at all.
    06-06-2014 06:15 PM
    As long as they are dead, it really doesn't matter to me how they get there or if they suffer at all.
    What is your view on the drug companies that refuse to sell to US prisons on the grounds that they oppose the death penalty? Do the drug companies have a right to dictate who can and cannot purchase their products?
    06-06-2014 10:39 PM
    What is your view on the drug companies that refuse to sell to US prisons on the grounds that they oppose the death penalty? Do the drug companies have a right to dictate who can and cannot purchase their products?
    Any company should have the right to decide who they do business with. To me, it's no different than the pharmacist that will not sel birth control or the baker that refuses to bake a cake for a gay wedding. Let the company choose who their customers are and let the market decide how to deal with the company for making those choices.
    06-07-2014 06:58 AM
    Any company should have the right to decide who they do business with.
    If the drug companies refuse to sell the drugs used in a lethal injection, aren't they interfering with justice?
    06-09-2014 05:21 PM
    If the drug companies refuse to sell the drugs used in a lethal injection, aren't they interfering with justice?
    No, it's up to the states to determine what method of execution they'd like to utilize. Lethal Injection isn't the only method, it's just the one people get less squeamish about. Because in their mind it's akin to the time they put down Scooter the family dog when he was 18 yrs old and pooping all over the house.
    06-09-2014 05:31 PM
    justice doesn't only come from a needle. they may stop a lethal injection, but there are still other ways to kill someone.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
    06-09-2014 05:32 PM
    justice doesn't only come from a needle. they may stop a lethal injection, but there are still other ways to kill someone.
    That would be true if the states allowed other methods of execution. It may not always be the case. A particular state may simply wait until the drugs become available. If there are no drugs, there is no execution, and the prisoner essentially serves life in prison without parole.
    06-09-2014 05:57 PM
    That would be true if the states allowed other methods of execution. It may not always be the case. A particular state may simply wait until the drugs become available. If there are no drugs, there is no execution, and the prisoner essentially serves life in prison without parole.
    I guess in that case it comes down to how badly they want the guy dead.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
    06-09-2014 05:59 PM
    I guess in that case it comes down to how badly they want the guy dead.
    Some people want to ban capital punishment, but they don't have enough political support to change the law. The drug shortage is just a way to effectively ban the death penalty. If people complain, the government can just blame the drug companies.
    06-09-2014 06:08 PM
    It looks like 3 executions went through with minimal issues:

Georgia executed Marcus Wellons for raping and murdering a 15-year-old girl. The lethal injection used pentobarbital.

Missouri also used pentobarbital to execute John Winfield, who shot 3 women, leaving 2 dead and 1 blind.

Florida executed John Ruthell Henry using a combination of midazolam hydrochloride, vecuronium bromide and potassium chloride. Henry was convicted for stabbing a woman and her 5-year-old son to death.

Source: Florida execution is nation's third in 24 hours -- USA Today (article link here)
    06-18-2014 09:45 PM
    Start cranking them out before all the drugs run dry! lol
    06-19-2014 10:50 AM
    Start cranking them out before all the drugs run dry! lol
    We have a new development in California. A judge ruled that capital punishment is unconstitutional there.

Federal judge's ruling on California death penalty stuns experts -- Los Angeles Times (article link here)

Excerpt: "A federal judge's ruling that California's death penalty is unconstitutional was described by legal experts Wednesday as stunning and unprecedented."

"The ruling by U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney found that decades-long delays and uncertainty about whether condemned inmates will ever be executed violate the constitution's ban on cruel or unusual punishment."

"Carney issued his ruling in a decision that overturned the death sentence of Ernest Dewayne Jones, a Los Angeles man sentenced to die for the 1992 rape and murder of Julia Miller, his girlfriend's mother."
    07-22-2014 03:58 AM
    We have a new development in California. A judge ruled that capital punishment is unconstitutional there.

Federal judge's ruling on California death penalty stuns experts -- Los Angeles Times (article link here)

Excerpt: "A federal judge's ruling that California's death penalty is unconstitutional was described by legal experts Wednesday as stunning and unprecedented."

"The ruling by U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney found that decades-long delays and uncertainty about whether condemned inmates will ever be executed violate the constitution's ban on cruel or unusual punishment."

"Carney issued his ruling in a decision that overturned the death sentence of Ernest Dewayne Jones, a Los Angeles man sentenced to die for the 1992 rape and murder of Julia Miller, his girlfriend's mother."

It's why I've always been a proponent of a maximum of two appeals, if you lose both, dead within 60 days.
    07-22-2014 11:34 AM
    I think I'm actually in agreement with this judge, or at least understand his position. I think in California, a death row inmate is more likely to die of old age while waiting than getting executed.
    07-22-2014 12:18 PM
    07-23-2014 08:58 PM
    How hard is it to ask a doctor the quickest way to kill a person with drugs. Surely someone over at the DEA has some 90% pure heroin laying around. I mean Jesus Christ, you can get some on the street for $10 that will kill you before the needle is out of your arm.
    07-24-2014 09:45 AM
    We need firing squads or hangings or something.

Posted via Android Central App
    SteveISU likes this.
    07-24-2014 01:45 PM
    We need firing squads or hangings or something.

I still vote for the pneumatic spike to the brain stem.
    07-24-2014 04:57 PM
    It seems like the more heinous the crime, the more comfortable I feel about the criminals suffering such a nasty demise. But I can't help wonder if these criminals are also a victim of our society. I know the red-meat eaters out there will think I'm some sort of tree-hugging kumbaya singing sap, but I do hope those same people don't insist that they practice christian beliefs because they'd be lying to themselves. If you're going to talk the talk then you need to walk the walk, or just stop lying to yourself and the rest of the world.
    07-24-2014 08:21 PM
    It seems like the more heinous the crime, the more comfortable I feel about the criminals suffering such a nasty demise. But I can't help wonder if these criminals are also a victim of our society. I know the red-meat eaters out there will think I'm some sort of tree-hugging kumbaya singing sap, but I do hope those same people don't insist that they practice christian beliefs because they'd be lying to themselves. If you're going to talk the talk then you need to walk the walk, or just stop lying to yourself and the rest of the world.
    So tell me what you think about Al Gore and all the tree hugging celebrities who lecture us about the environment and then jump aboard their private jet to go drink for a night across the country and then back to LA. I think Al Gores' house has a carbon footprint bigger than 1/4 of the cities in the midwest.
    07-24-2014 08:39 PM
    So tell me what you think about Al Gore and all the tree hugging celebrities who lecture us about the environment and then jump aboard their private jet to go drink for a night across the country and then back to LA. I think Al Gores' house has a carbon footprint bigger than 1/4 of the cities in the midwest.
    I think there's a degree of hypocrisy there as well. Although, if their message does reach enough people that actually act, it should be taken into account as well. You forgot to mention the Hollywood "elitists" that tell us how easy it is to eat healthy and workout 7 days a week. Never mind that some of the foods that are healthy for us can also cost us more money, and many of us are so overworked that coming home to exercise is one of the last things on our minds.

As an IT professional I'm guilty of hypocrisy as well. You know how many times I've unplugged a computer today without using the proper shutdown method or how many computers I flat out own that I don't have a good backup for? I actually don't mind owning my hypocrisy. Granted, I don't attach myself to any of my hard drive items so if I do lose something, I'll live.
    07-24-2014 09:36 PM
    I still vote for the pneumatic spike to the brain stem.
    Isn't that what they do to cows?

07-24-2014 10:13 PM
    Isn't that what they do to cows?

Yes. It's supposed to be very humane. It's fast and effective and doesn't allow the animal to suffer.
    07-24-2014 10:23 PM
209 ... 6789