05-21-2015 02:31 PM
49 12
tools
    Regarding Cosby, is there anything credible to indicate any of these reports are true? The latest one claims he molested her or something when she was 15 at the Playboy mansion. What the heck a minor was doing there anyway? That alone calls her claim into question.
    Why? Why does that call her claim into question? Do you think someone that wants to force themselves on someone really cares about under age? Conversely do you think the playboy mansion would NOT care about celebrity?

Hugh Hefner was a good friend of Cosby's. It would not be unthinkable that because of that friendship, that someone accompanying Cosby would be let right in along with him.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-07-2014 08:22 PM
    Why? Why does that call her claim into question? Do you think someone that wants to force themselves on someone really cares about under age? Conversely do you think the playboy mansion would NOT care about celebrity?

Hugh Hefner was a good friend of Cosby's. It would not be unthinkable that because of that friendship, that someone accompanying Cosby would be let right in along with him.
    Of the reports I heard, none said why she was there or that Cosby brought her. Which is why I questioned her legitimacy. If she was there, it'd be reasonable to believe that she faked her age, which starts to discredit the whole claim. If they knew she was a minor, she shouldn't have been allowed in anyway and would put the establishment at risk now if not for the statute of limitations.
    12-08-2014 12:53 PM
    Of the reports I heard, none said why she was there or that Cosby brought her. Which is why I questioned her legitimacy. If she was there, it'd be reasonable to believe that she faked her age, which starts to discredit the whole claim. If they knew she was a minor, she shouldn't have been allowed in anyway and would put the establishment at risk now if not for the statute of limitations.
    I don't know what reports you are hearing, but the ones I heard stated that both she, and another girl met Cosby prior (the day before I believe) and he invited them to join him at the Playboy Mansion. He also told her to say she was older and because she was with Cosby, no one ever questioned it. Again, he was a good friend of Hefner's so this is entirely plausible.

Additionally, there is a former playboy bunny that says she was also assaulted by Cosby there. And that she knows of 12 other playboy bunnies who also experienced the same thing but have not come forward yet outside of the private Facebook group they are all on.

That would push the number of women who say they have been assulted in the mid 30's now. That's a lot of people!

12-08-2014 04:52 PM
    So if she lied about her age, we must assume everything else coming out of her mouth is a lie?

Here's my problem and why I believe what the women are saying. There are two scenarios, either he's really molested all the women that have come forward or he's somehow pissed off all these women to the point where they've decided to soil his reputation. Now I can understand one woman being vindictive and conniving to the point where she wants to take someone down, "Hell hath no fury....", but for this many women to come forward, I think that it's safe to assume that there's something to all these claims.

Now lets say that the first woman he molested he paid off and somehow it became common knowledge among aspiring actresses, "Let Cosby molest you and expect a pay out". Even if this was the case, don't you think BIll Cosby would've learned his lesson after a couple of cases and said enough is enough? This guy is either an uncontrollable pig or one of the dumbest guys in the world. My vote is a little bit of both.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    12-08-2014 04:59 PM
    Or it could be that a number of these are fake, just wanting to jump on a bandwagon for some sick sense of wanting publicity. At this point, there's no definitive answer if any of these claims are true and I'm not going to vilify anyone simply because of word of mouth.
    12-08-2014 05:10 PM
    I would not put it past Bill Cosby to take advantage of girls.
    12-08-2014 05:12 PM
    Or it could be that a number of these are fake, just wanting to jump on a bandwagon for some sick sense of wanting publicity. At this point, there's no definitive answer if any of these claims are true and I'm not going to vilify anyone simply because of word of mouth.

The odds aren't there. Look at how many women have come forward. Now out of all the women that have met Bill Cosby and have spent more than a few minutes with him, doesn't it make you ask how that many women could have that same mindset? And then there's the payoffs, how would anyone that's innocent spend a dime to keep someone quiet about something they claim they didn't do?
    12-08-2014 05:40 PM
    A number? Maybe. But ALL of them? I don't think so.

The point you are completely missing is that these women are putting themselves at risk in a number of ways. First, coming out is embarrassing. Second they either have to craft a story or relive an awful memory. Third, they can be sued for defamation of character.

Their entire reputation is on the line. Do not forget that. And while yes, you shouldn't be quick to judge the accused, you shouldn't be so quick to judge (and dismiss) the accusers either.

Scott7217 likes this.
    12-08-2014 08:03 PM
    Now we have the Rolling Stone article that was about a gang rape proven false and a book written claiming a lady raped by a republican politician that was also proven false. I wouldn't be surprised to see those go to court because they identified the accused.
    12-09-2014 09:05 AM
    would it surprise me if it was true. Nope it would not.

Reason being it is fairly common that people who become very famous lose sense of reality and think that they can get away with everything. They think well they are famous and people would willing do anything for them. Made worse by people cover up for them. I have seen that play out far to often to be surprised by things like then when they turn out to be true. The stars just far to often loose sense of reality and what is right.
    They live in a very different world than the rest of us.
    A895 likes this.
    12-09-2014 09:59 AM
    Now we have the Rolling Stone article that was about a gang rape proven false and a book written claiming a lady raped by a republican politician that was also proven false. I wouldn't be surprised to see those go to court because they identified the accused.
    Again, you're not taking the volume into account. You have one accuser in each of the cases you mentioned. Why not just discredit all women everywhere for the actions of a few? There are way too many women accusing Cosby right now for the allegations not to have some sort of truth to them.
    GadgetGator and A895 like this.
    12-09-2014 02:50 PM
    Again, you're not taking the volume into account. You have one accuser in each of the cases you mentioned. Why not just discredit all women everywhere for the actions of a few? There are way too many women accusing Cosby right now for the allegations not to have some sort of truth to them.
    Perhaps that's what is really trying to be said! There are so many people that just can't possibly believe that women do in fact get raped and didn't "ask for it".

The hour long CNN interview yesterday with some of the women was pretty enlightening. There is no way they could be making it up. Way too complicated of a script and way too many details for that. You could see the anger and raw emotion. I don't think any of the women on last night were actresses and they all said they have never tried to get money before and are not now either. They are all pretty up there in years too. So what is to gain?

Plus a good sign of guilt or innocence in matters such as these, is too look who is willing to talk about it vs. who hides behind an attorney and even then doesn't say much. A guilty conscience often gives itself away.

12-09-2014 05:13 PM
    Cosby is starting to remind me of Jerry Sandusky.
    12-09-2014 05:30 PM
    Cosby is starting to remind me of Jerry Sandusky.
    They're both heinous acts, but I don't know if I'd say what Cosby did is as bad as what Sandusky did. Either way though, it's like comparing two monsters where one eats its victims and the other tortures them then eats them.
    palandri likes this.
    12-09-2014 07:00 PM
    The point you are completely missing is that these women are putting themselves at risk in a number of ways. First, coming out is embarrassing. Second they either have to craft a story or relive an awful memory. Third, they can be sued for defamation of character.
    So, let's say Cosby sues one of the women for defamation of character.

Would there be a trial in court? Would we hear details of the alleged assault? Would Cosby have to prove that the woman's account was not true in order to sue for defamation?
    12-11-2014 08:24 PM

Would there be a trial in court? Would we hear details of the alleged assault? Would Cosby have to prove that the woman's account was not true in order to sue for defamation?
    1) Maybe yes maybe no
    2) We already have been hearing the details
    3) Interesting question. I am not sure how either side proves things so many years later. But like I said earlier, the stories from the women are awfully detailed. Vs. nothing at all from the other side. I do know that in a court of law, saying "that women is lying" through your lawyer isn't good enough.

12-12-2014 02:25 AM

I heard one of the women is actually suing Cosby for defamation for denying it.
    12-12-2014 07:41 AM
    I heard one of the women is actually suing Cosby for defamation for denying it.
    I know you can sue for anything, but that's pushing it. If she wants to sue for rape or whatever, go for it. To sue for defamation because he denies it and there's never been any charges filled is just a greedy lawyer getting in the way imho. If she sues for that and has no proof or conviction that he did anything, he'd have every right to counter sue for the same thing by making the accusation to begin with.

Our judicial system needs an overhaul. People are too lawsuit happy.
    A895 likes this.
    12-12-2014 08:32 AM
    I know you can sue for anything, but that's pushing it. If she wants to sue for rape or whatever, go for it. To sue for defamation because he denies it and there's never been any charges filled is just a greedy lawyer getting in the way imho. If she sues for that and has no proof or conviction that he did anything, he'd have every right to counter sue for the same thing by making the accusation to begin with.

Our judicial system needs an overhaul. People are too lawsuit happy.
    I have no idea if there was any substance to her claim. It was just something I heard when I walked passed the TV. I have no idea what channel my wife had the TV on at that time.
    12-12-2014 10:51 AM
    I think the problem is that only the government can charge Cosby for crimes like rape. Since the alleged incident happened a long time ago, the government won't be able to bring a case to court unless someone has hard evidence, like a videotape of the assault taking place.

Suing for defamation might be possible as a civil lawsuit. The burden of proof is also much lower than what you would have in a criminal trial.

Perhaps the closest example would be what OJ Simpson went through. The jury found him not guilty in criminal court, but he lost in civil court.
    12-12-2014 05:11 PM
    I think the problem is that only the government can charge Cosby for crimes like rape. Since the alleged incident happened a long time ago, the government won't be able to bring a case to court unless someone has hard evidence, like a videotape of the assault taking place.

Suing for defamation might be possible as a civil lawsuit. The burden of proof is also much lower than what you would have in a criminal trial.

Perhaps the closest example would be what OJ Simpson went through. The jury found him not guilty in criminal court, but he lost in civil court.
    Today I heard one of the women say that Cosby had a brief case full of pills. If true, I wonder who was supplying the pills and if they ever got busted. That one guy claimed he was paying off the women. I wonder if he knows where the pills were coming from since he was a confidant for Cosby.
    12-13-2014 04:23 PM
    Today I heard one of the women say that Cosby had a brief case full of pills. If true, I wonder who was supplying the pills and if they ever got busted. That one guy claimed he was paying off the women. I wonder if he knows where the pills were coming from since he was a confidant for Cosby.
    This might give law enforcement a few more options to move against Bill Cosby.

If the offense took place in an area with a more lenient statute of limitations, like New York, then the police can go ahead and investigate. If it was in an area with a strict statute of limitations, like Pennsylvania, then the police will have a harder time going forward.

It may also be a good idea to expand beyond the entertainment industry and track down Cosby associates involved in business, charities, and politics. Someone probably knows something, and if you put enough pressure, they will break.
    12-16-2014 05:43 PM
    I do know that in a court of law, saying "that women is lying" through your lawyer isn't good enough.
    However, Bill Cosby isn't in a court of law. Given that the statute of limitations has expired, he may never set foot in one, either.

Still, people are free to speak their mind. For example, it's not surprising that Phylicia Rashad is defending Cosby since she worked with him for many years. Now other celebrities are attacking Rashad in response.

Judd Apatow, Tom Arnold, Norm MacDonald and Accusers Slam Phylicia Rashad’s Defense of Bill Cosby -- The Wrap: Yahoo TV (article link)
    01-07-2015 03:33 PM
    1) Maybe yes maybe no
    Well, it looks like we are closer to a trial for Bill Cosby.

CNN -- Bill Cosby sued for defamation by Janice Dickinson (article link)
    05-21-2015 02:31 PM
49 12