04-23-2015 05:51 PM
247 ... 23456 ...
tools
    You mean like how we sat on the sideline in the late 30's and early 40's and watched millions of people slaughtered and countries invaded? Germany rolled through France and Poland, what the hell should we care for.
    So then you can turn around and say that Obama is leading us into an unnecessary war and running up the deficit because of his "war mongering"?
    A895 and msndrstood like this.
    08-11-2014 07:16 PM
    So then you can turn around and say that Obama is leading us into an unnecessary war and running up the deficit because of his "war mongering"?
    I'm pretty sure the left is the party of appeasement. I would rather a President act when it is warranted and keep the US in a position of global influence and power rather than sitting on the sidelines with it tucked if you know what i mean.
    08-12-2014 10:19 AM
    I'm pretty sure the left is the party of appeasement. I would rather a President act when it is warranted and keep the US in a position of global influence and power rather than sitting on the sidelines with it tucked if you know what i mean.
    I'm pretty sure the right has its own appeasement problem.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    08-12-2014 02:03 PM
    Obama's foreign policy summed up in one picture:

Ukraine (and Russia)-obama-golf.jpg
    08-22-2014 09:57 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obama-Golf.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	133255
    You know Obama does less vacations/golf days than most presidents? A quick look on Wikipedia will tell you that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2014 04:09 PM

You might be taken more seriously if you didn't post ridiculous things like that. Though that is a nice photo.

I will be the first to admit that his foreign policy has been meandering all over the map, but then again WE AS A COUNTRY meander all over the place because we continually change our leaders and our minds on things every 4-8 years. Making a stable consistent foreign policy difficult at best, if not impossible. But yeah, he could be better. I ponder if we would be at war with Syria AND ISIS if Romney had won. And maybe boots on the ground in Ukraine even. Guess we'll never know.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-23-2014 05:51 PM
    You might be taken more seriously if you didn't post ridiculous things like that. Though that is a nice photo.

I will be the first to admit that his foreign policy has been meandering all over the map, but then again WE AS A COUNTRY meander all over the place because we continually change our leaders and our minds on things every 4-8 years. Making a stable consistent foreign policy difficult at best, if not impossible. But yeah, he could be better. I ponder if we would be at war with Syria AND ISIS if Romney had won. And maybe boots on the ground in Ukraine even. Guess we'll never know.

I don't think I heard a single person or pundit condone him holding a 5 min speech about the beheading and then going to play golf with Alonzo Mourning. Just about everyone, even those staunch supporters, questioned were his head was on that. Not when Cameron cut his vacation short when it was made apparent the killer had a British accent. It's embarrassing for us to have other nations to see that. I mean, Obama was pretty clear (his gross miscalculation) that we were dealing with the "JV team" in ISIS. They're looking more and more like number 23 by the day.

We wouldn't be at war with Syria, if anything strangely enough, we'd be working in concert with Assad. We had a chance to arm the moderates who were fighting ISIS, we didn't.
    08-25-2014 01:09 PM
    I don't think I heard a single person or pundit condone him holding a 5 min speech about the beheading and then going to play golf with Alonzo Mourning. Just about everyone, even those staunch supporters, questioned were his head was on that. Not when Cameron cut his vacation short when it was made apparent the killer had a British accent. It's embarrassing for us to have other nations to see that. I mean, Obama was pretty clear (his gross miscalculation) that we were dealing with the "JV team" in ISIS. They're looking more and more like number 23 by the day.

We wouldn't be at war with Syria, if anything strangely enough, we'd be working in concert with Assad. We had a chance to arm the moderates who were fighting ISIS, we didn't.
    Umm, sure because I know when there was an issue with a computer where I work, the CIO would be called when he was on vacation and would be asked to end his vacation because one of the computers at work was messing up.....

What exactly do you want him to do at this point? Do you want him to go all Tommy Lee Jones?

Maybe assemble a rag tag group of rogue over aged 80s and 90s action heroes to go on some sort of "expendable" mission?

Here's what I think is funny, we did EXACTLY what the right wing wanted with regards to Iraq. We toppled the dictatorship that conveniently enough we put into power and that whole region has been nothing but a vacuum of power ever since. I quote from Reuters "NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. war in Iraq has cost $1.7 trillion with an additional $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans, expenses that could grow to more than $6 trillion over the next four decades counting interest, a study released on Thursday said" With that lesson not even being more than 10 years old, you think the president isn't acting with enough aggression nor conviction with what's happening in Syria nor with the beheading of a U.S. citizen?

And yet the narrative from the right is also how this president is the most frivolous with money than all other before him. How exactly would the criticism go if he were to commit lives AND money more than what he's already committed?

That is exactly what I find funny about the right and why I hope that the right wing is bitterly defeated come November. Instead of offering legitimate solutions, it's all about critiquing the president in hopes of getting back into power. If the right wing wants to continue to do what's right for their party over what's right for the country then they will continue to lose my vote of confidence as well as my vote.
    msndrstood and GadgetGator like this.
    08-26-2014 08:06 PM
    What exactly do you want him to do at this point? Do you want him to go all Tommy Lee Jones?

Maybe assemble a rag tag group of rogue over aged 80s and 90s action heroes to go on some sort of "expendable" mission?

With the U.S. being considered the wild west, I'm surprised you didn't bring up this tactic.

:sly:
    08-26-2014 08:23 PM
    With the U.S. being considered the wild west, I'm surprised you didn't bring up this tactic.

:sly:
    I was going to use this to demonstrate the right wing's amnesia, but it wasn't a popular enough movie...

Or I could've used this trailer to talk about Mitch McConnell's policies I guess.... but also not popular enough.....Man that Dana Carvey sure has some floppers...

08-26-2014 08:43 PM
    Umm, sure because I know when there was an issue with a computer where I work, the CIO would be called when he was on vacation and would be asked to end his vacation because one of the computers at work was messing up.....

Here's what I think is funny, we did EXACTLY what the right wing wanted with regards to Iraq. We toppled the dictatorship that conveniently enough we put into power and that whole region has been nothing but a vacuum of power ever since. I quote from Reuters "NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. war in Iraq has cost $1.7 trillion with an additional $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans, expenses that could grow to more than $6 trillion over the next four decades counting interest, a study released on Thursday said" With that lesson not even being more than 10 years old, you think the president isn't acting with enough aggression nor conviction with what's happening in Syria nor with the beheading of a U.S. citizen?

And yet the narrative from the right is also how this president is the most frivolous with money than all other before him. How exactly would the criticism go if he were to commit lives AND money more than what he's already committed?

That is exactly what I find funny about the right and why I hope that the right wing is bitterly defeated come November. Instead of offering legitimate solutions, it's all about critiquing the president in hopes of getting back into power. If the right wing wants to continue to do what's right for their party over what's right for the country then they will continue to lose my vote of confidence as well as my vote.

Well because WWII cost us so much, we should just fold up tent right? Good strategy!

I think the president doesn't have a clue what he's doing. He doesn't have a cohesive foreign policy and even some in his own party have questioned what the hell it is. I don't think you could argue he has a clear grasp of the real world and how it works. Hell, he mocked Romney claiming the "cold war is over" for saying Russia is our greatest geo-political foe and look at where we are now. They're rolling trying to get the old band back together. There is a clear pattern from the WH across the board and that is they under-estimate EVERYTHING.
    08-27-2014 09:25 AM
    Well because WWII cost us so much, we should just fold up tent right? Good strategy!

I think the president doesn't have a clue what he's doing. He doesn't have a cohesive foreign policy and even some in his own party have questioned what the hell it is. I don't think you could argue he has a clear grasp of the real world and how it works. Hell, he mocked Romney claiming the "cold war is over" for saying Russia is our greatest geo-political foe and look at where we are now. They're rolling trying to get the old band back together. There is a clear pattern from the WH across the board and that is they under-estimate EVERYTHING.
    The problem is that in the past we were ready to go to war at the drop of a hat. Look at how much money we've spent in going to war with Iraq and how long we've been there. You mean to tell me that only after a year or two of Syria, trying to make diplomacy work, you're ready to go back to handling things the way we handled Iraq? How can you say, "Well we tried diplomacy for almost a year and a half in Syria, that didn't work, so lets try what we did in Iraq, since that's been working well for us"? The only nation building the U.S. needs to be in the business of is building THIS country. And we didn't get involved with WWII until well after all attempts at diplomacy failed. As a matter of fact, I remember a certain event off some obscure Harbor, some sort of attack that actually ushered us into WWII....hmmmm, I guess Franklin Roosevelt had some extremely whack foreign policy, right?!?!
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-27-2014 02:25 PM
    The problem is that in the past we were ready to go to war at the drop of a hat. Look at how much money we've spent in going to war with Iraq and how long we've been there. You mean to tell me that only after a year or two of Syria, trying to make diplomacy work, you're ready to go back to handling things the way we handled Iraq? How can you say, "Well we tried diplomacy for almost a year and a half in Syria, that didn't work, so lets try what we did in Iraq, since that's been working well for us"? The only nation building the U.S. needs to be in the business of is building THIS country. And we didn't get involved with WWII until well after all attempts at diplomacy failed. As a matter of fact, I remember a certain event off some obscure Harbor, some sort of attack that actually ushered us into WWII....hmmmm, I guess Franklin Roosevelt had some extremely whack foreign policy, right?!?!

We sat back and watched 6+million innocent people get exterminated, my family was some of them, is that something to be proud of? Are you really applauding FDR for doing absolutely nothing to try and help stop it? That's what sitting with your thumb up your posterior gets you. 90% of the Polish and German Jews exterminated. That's the outcome you are willing to accept in the interest of diplomacy? I think most historians and political figures would agree that we must never sit back and let something like the holocaust happen again. Then again this is common strategy, I mean how many died in Rwanda and we did zilch.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    08-27-2014 04:23 PM

We sat back and watched 6+million innocent people get exterminated, my family was some of them, is that something to be proud of? Are you really applauding FDR for doing absolutely nothing to try and help stop it? That's what sitting with your thumb up your posterior gets you. 90% of the Polish and German Jews exterminated. That's the outcome you are willing to accept in the interest of diplomacy? I think most historians and political figures would agree that we must never sit back and let something like the holocaust happen again. Then again this is common strategy, I mean how many died in Rwanda and we did zilch.
    I was referring to your comparison of WWII to what's taking place today. Even in WWII we didn't jump right in to the fighting, although you're comparing our "action" in WWII favorably against this President's foreign policy.

What you should be comparing this foreign policy to is to the foreign policy of the prior administration. The whole "Shoot first, ask questions later" didn't work for us, and I just don't mean monetarily. I can see what's happening in Iraq being more of what we sowed and ISIS definitely came about because of our foreign policy under GWB. Thus I can see this president not wanting to continue a foreign policy of "Yeehaw!" Cooler heads were voted in TWICE by the American people, and cooler heads need to continue to carry out the peoples' will despite what John McCain thinks. Someone tell him that he DIDN'T win 2008 already.
    08-27-2014 06:16 PM
    We sat back and watched 6+million innocent people get exterminated, my family was some of them, is that something to be proud of?
    No, it's definitely not something to be proud of. I think you could make the case that earlier military intervention would have saved countless lives.
    08-27-2014 06:32 PM

I'm curious as to how you think "moderates" could do what Assad has been unable
    to do himself?

And there is a bit of revisionist history here. The push to arm people in Syria wasn't to defeat ISIS, but to defeat Assad himself. How screwed up would that country be now if that had happened? ISIS would have all of Syria by now. It would be a bigger mess than it already is.

08-27-2014 07:49 PM
    No, it's definitely not something to be proud of. I think you could make the case that earlier military intervention would have saved countless lives.
    But his earlier argument was that we didn't back down from WWII because of money costs. I personally don't see how we can judge how we responded to WWII based on the facts we have now. It's not as if we had social media or live video technology that could tell us what was taking place. I wonder if FDR was greeted with such hostility at his "inaction" leading up to the war. And from what I've heard from historians recently is that our dropping the bomb on Japan, that actually happened after it was already known that they were going to surrender. We just wanted to demonstrate to the world our "might".
    08-27-2014 08:23 PM
    But his earlier argument was that we didn't back down from WWII because of money costs.
    Any scenario where millions of innocent civilians die is not a good one. If there is something that we can do to prevent that, we should probably act sooner, rather than later.
    08-27-2014 08:55 PM

If the right isn't invading every country left and right due to their ridiculous level of fear of everything and understanding of nothing that isn't old, white and once written into the charter of a country club it is only because they are too busy eliminating every right we have as citizens of out democracy to once again appease their intense fear of everything around them and any semblance of change that they suspect might infringe on their comfort zone which is a zone of anxiety and fear. In other words the right is hysterical and weak. But you sure do tend to talk tough. That's something.

Posted via the Android Central App
    GadgetGator likes this.
    08-27-2014 09:22 PM
    Any scenario where millions of innocent civilians die is not a good one. If there is something that we can do to prevent that, we should probably act sooner, rather than later.
    But how many people do you think have died SINCE we ousted Saddam? I'm not saying him in power was a good thing, but if we're going to take loss of life into account (not even taking into account these factions like ISIS coming to fruition), then should we not try to be a little more cautious in our planning if we decide to intervene?
    08-27-2014 09:32 PM
    But his earlier argument was that we didn't back down from WWII because of money costs. I personally don't see how we can judge how we responded to WWII based on the facts we have now. It's not as if we had social media or live video technology that could tell us what was taking place. I wonder if FDR was greeted with such hostility at his "inaction" leading up to the war. And from what I've heard from historians recently is that our dropping the bomb on Japan, that actually happened after it was already known that they were going to surrender. We just wanted to demonstrate to the world our "might".

The fact is anyone who raises the point that we've "already spent X dollars", is not an excuse to sit back an watch people get told to convert to Islam or be slaughtered. Then you bring up how we've yet to let diplomacy take it's course (only been two years) so lets try for 5yrs before it's a good time to act, in the mean time we'll watch 10's of thousands of people get exterminated. Diplomacy mind you with a group of militants that will lop your head off and mine for our nation being friends with Jordan or Saudi Arabia.

The US press had reported on Nazi violence against Jews in Germany as early as 1933.
    Do the math, I guess they followed your protocol of not being too quick to the punch. Definitely not Cowboy's there, more like turtles.
    08-28-2014 11:50 AM
    But how many people do you think have died SINCE we ousted Saddam? I'm not saying him in power was a good thing, but if we're going to take loss of life into account (not even taking into account these factions like ISIS coming to fruition), then should we not try to be a little more cautious in our planning if we decide to intervene?
    How many died while he was in power? Some estimates are close to 1 million.
    08-28-2014 11:52 AM
    The fact is anyone who raises the point that we've "already spent X dollars", is not an excuse to sit back an watch people get told to convert to Islam or be slaughtered. Then you bring up how we've yet to let diplomacy take it's course (only been two years) so lets try for 5yrs before it's a good time to act, in the mean time we'll watch 10's of thousands of people get exterminated. Diplomacy mind you with a group of militants that will lop your head off and mine for our nation being friends with Jordan or Saudi Arabia.

Do the math, I guess they followed your protocol of not being too quick to the punch. Definitely not Cowboy's there, more like turtles.
    How many died while he was in power? Some estimates are close to 1 million.
    So for the record, you want the U.S. to get involved again in Iraq AND Syria? You know who else is ready to get more involved in Syria? Russia, but for THEIR interests. So what you're ultimately saying is that you want a WWIII? Good luck with that because I don't think this planet can sustain another world war.
    08-28-2014 04:25 PM
    Hey Guys, I`m from Romania and Ukraine is our neighbor, so from my last info, Russian army troops have entered Ukraine and it's gonna be really ugly mainly for us in the neighborhood of this "internal war".
    Hope to see that things will clarify and everything will go back to what it was...
    msndrstood and Scott7217 like this.
    08-29-2014 06:12 AM
    So for the record, you want the U.S. to get involved again in Iraq AND Syria? You know who else is ready to get more involved in Syria? Russia, but for THEIR interests. So what you're ultimately saying is that you want a WWIII? Good luck with that because I don't think this planet can sustain another world war.
    You know what I'd be happy with, a President who stops drawing lines for everyone to cross and do nothing about. Syria, Crimea, Ukraine, ect. It makes us look like a joke. A President who holds press conferences to outline everything we aren't going to do. How weak do you want someone to make us look? I think we can all agree that if you got into a confrontation with someone, telling them you aren't going to punch them in the face, the stomach, and no choke holds while using only your left hand would be a bad strategy.

Lets start there, with the tone of our foreign policy. We just watched our Commander in Chief address the nation on TV and proclaim we have no strategy for ISIS. THEN WHY THE HELL DO YOU SAY ANYTHING. STFU until you do. It's like romper room in the security meetings. Is he sitting there planning for the location of his library when he gets out and his next round of golf?
    Scott7217 likes this.
    08-29-2014 09:44 AM
247 ... 23456 ...