03-09-2014 04:01 PM
175 1234 ...
tools
    We are a bit off topic in the outsourcing subject . My point was on global warming and the money making and political aspect of the whole movement.
    Nope, sorry. My comments are not off topic. Neither are those of the folks above me. This is actually one of the most topic-abiding threads on AF at the moment.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    03-05-2014 01:03 PM
    We are a bit off topic in the outsourcing subject . My point was on global warming and the money making and political aspect of the whole movement.
    You disagree with Tim Cook on how he should run Apple based on its environmental policies with respect to global warming. We certainly have the right to show our disapproval by boycotting Apple's products and services. What other options should we consider?
    Tall Mike 2145 likes this.
    03-05-2014 01:03 PM
    Nope, sorry. My comments are not off topic. Neither are those of the folks above me. This is actually one of the most topic-abiding threads on AF at the moment.
    It's about the a powerful man with an agenda that is quite frankly not important in the whole scope of things in America.
    Lol make your own thread and then you can make your own rules.. Wow

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    03-05-2014 01:09 PM
    We are a bit off topic in the outsourcing subject . My point was on global warming and the money making and political aspect of the whole movement. There's nothing we can do about greed and hypocrisy. I'm not sure I care that apple is an "American company" when the CEO has like 300 billion in off shore accounts. Uses sweat shops and spews rhetoric about global warming to appease the latte liberal wing of this once great nation. We again, have more important issues in this country by far. I DO know if some of these issues aren't addressed, my children will have a country like we've never seen. Btw the show statement is a bit over your head apparently.

So, what are these "more important" issues? Job creation isn't a big issue? Bringing jobs of any kind back to the US isn't important enough? If I'm understanding correctly you stated that climate change should take a back seat to other things....then went on to say that if Apple wanted to make a statement they should bring jobs back to the US....then when someone showed you that they're doing that you said "I'm not sure I care that apple is an 'American company' ". But you want them to bring jobs back? What if they weren't based in the US? Then where would they bring jobs back to?

Why is it so bad that a company can take a stand for something?

Keep denying that we (humans) are having a negative effect on the planet. See what kind of world (bigger than the country) you will be leaving to your children.

Also remember that Apple is a company, and doesn't set national policy or create laws.

As others have said, if you don't like or agree with what a company decides to place value on then don't support that company with your own money.
    nolittdroid likes this.
    03-05-2014 01:17 PM
    It's about the a powerful man with an agenda that is quite frankly not important in the whole scope of things in America.
    Lol make your own thread and then you can make your own rules.. Wow

Well...just because you made the thread doesn't mean you make the rules.

You can have an opinion just like anyone else. America might have more immediate needs, but that doesn't mean that other things aren't also important in the whole scope of things. Long term negative effects can actually be more important because it takes longer to fix/change them.
    03-05-2014 01:19 PM
    We can hold Tim Cook accountable for his actions. He does not have unlimited power. Even Steve Jobs got fired from Apple.
    03-05-2014 01:19 PM
    The average global temperature has risen 1.53 degrees since 1880. Not much of a rise, IMO. Obama has realized this, so he switched to "climate change". He's probably pushing it right now to get the spotlight off of Obamacare and it's multiple problems, and hoping to save the 2014 elections.
    anon(464338) likes this.
    03-05-2014 01:25 PM
    Hi there. This is your friendly 2nd page reminder to be excellent to each other and pay attention to the giant message on the top of every page in this section. Thanks!
    03-05-2014 01:26 PM
    So, what are these "more important" issues? Job creation isn't a big issue? Bringing jobs of any kind back to the US isn't important enough? If I'm understanding correctly you stated that climate change should take a back seat to other things....then went on to say that if Apple wanted to make a statement they should bring jobs back to the US....then when someone showed you that they're doing that you said "I'm not sure I care that apple is an 'American company' ". But you want them to bring jobs back? What if they weren't based in the US? Then where would they bring jobs back to?

Why is it so bad that a company can take a stand for something?

Keep denying that we (humans) are having a negative effect on the planet. See what kind of world (bigger than the country) you will be leaving to your children.

Also remember that Apple is a company, and doesn't set national policy or create laws.

As others have said, if you don't like or agree with what a company decides to place value on then don't support that company with your own money.
    Dude because Apple SAYS they want to bring jobs back, you believe them? . Open your eyes!! It's not happening that way at all. While Apple is not a political entity.. They are a huge company with big influence. . How about instead of talking about global warming, we focus on the deficit, immigration, JOBS. I'm not someone who thinks environmental issues don't matter but this is ridiculous. We have a president that doesn't now how to govern or lead. That's the real issue.

03-05-2014 01:33 PM
    We have a president that doesn't know how to govern or lead.
    That is a true statement.
    03-05-2014 01:35 PM
    The average global temperature has risen 1.53 degrees since 1880. Not much of a rise, IMO. Obama has realized this, so he switched to "climate change". He's probably pushing it right now to get the spotlight off of Obamacare and it's multiple problems, and hoping to save the 2014 elections.
    That's the direction you're going to go? Remember that climate is a very long term thing. 1.53 degrees in 134 years isn't nothing. Maybe in another 134 years it'll go back down. Maybe it won't. But let's say it keeps going up at that rate (since those are the statistics we have to go by it's not completely unscientific). In another ~400 years it'll have gone up by 4.59 degrees. That might not sound like much, but in those areas that were already on the threshold of the freezing point (remember, polar ice caps melting) it can make a substantial difference.

So, let's talk about something other than the temps. What about the melting of the polar ice caps?

Also, not everything is a distraction for what's currently going on, and the fact that some people claim that about everything that happens is worrying. Stop ignoring problems and pushing them off on the next generation, or the one after that, or the person next to you. There are other problems besides the ones right in front of your face, and more than one thing can be addressed at a time.
    03-05-2014 01:39 PM
    Dude because Apple SAYS they want to bring jobs back, you believe them? . Open your eyes!! It's not happening that way at all. While Apple is not a political entity.. They are a huge company with big influence. . How about instead of talking about global warming, we focus on the deficit, immigration, JOBS. I'm not someone who thinks environmental issues don't matter but this is ridiculous. We have a president that doesn't now how to govern or lead. That's the real issue.

Now you're getting off topic of the thread you created.

Moto said they were going to bring jobs back and they did. Apple said it, and until it doesn't happen why shouldn't we believe them? I think you just want a reason to dislike Apple and this is the latest thing to use in your arsenal. But guess what? You don't need a reason. You can just choose to dislike them and not need to come here to justify it.

You also said that you don't think climate change (or global warming, whatever you want to call it) is a thing. So you definitely made it sound like they don't matter to you. Make up your mind.
    03-05-2014 01:41 PM
    Moto said they were going to bring jobs back and they did.
    I hope that Lenovo keeps the Texas plant.
    03-05-2014 01:43 PM
    Now you're getting off topic of the thread you created.

Moto said they were going to bring jobs back and they did. Apple said it, and until it doesn't happen why shouldn't we believe them? I think you just want a reason to dislike Apple and this is the latest thing to use in your arsenal. But guess what? You don't need a reason. You can just choose to dislike them and not need to come here to justify it.

You also said that you don't think climate change (or global warming, whatever you want to call it) is a thing. So you definitely made it sound like they don't matter to you. Make up your mind.
    Ok but my quote wasn't directed toward you. Thanks for the opinions though

03-05-2014 01:46 PM
    Ok but my quote wasn't directed toward you. Thanks for the opinions though

Then don't quote me when you reply. You quoted me, which directed it at me, so I quoted you and replied to you. That's how it works. When you quote someone they assume you're addressing them directly. That's why the quote exists.
    03-05-2014 01:49 PM
    Your right. My mistake

03-05-2014 01:50 PM
    Gentlemen, everyone here is very much aware of the rules for both the site and this section. If you have any questions, please ask, but there is no reason that I can think of that every thread needs separate warnings as if the others had not happened. Going forward, let's assume that conversations that happened prior to 5 seconds ago still happened and the discoveries of those conversations still apply.
    03-05-2014 01:56 PM
    Dude because Apple SAYS they want to bring jobs back, you believe them?
    We don't have to believe Apple at all. People audit companies all the time. If Apple is lying, we can call them out for it.
    03-05-2014 02:25 PM
    First off If global warming or "climate change" tends to have all of the above extreme weather mentioned, then what point do you have? Like ok so no matter the weather, you win. Hahaha. There always have and always will be this phenomenon, it's called.. "Seasons".. It's these kind of statements that drive me crazy. But you sound smarter than the rest of us just like the CEO of Apple.

Humans are NOT effecting global climate change.

And it's statements like that which make me crazy. You can't possibly know that. To state that humans are having no effect is both baseless and counter to common sense. For centuries Earth hummed along and humans with their straw huts and small population didn't have any impact. But now you are talking about 7 BILLION PEOPLE and a planet that has undergone an industrial revolution full of factories belching out pollution into the air and you think there is no impact? That's just not logical. Of course that kind of upheavel and change not to mention the sheer number of people will have an impact on things. How could it not?

Secondly, your dismissal of all these record setting weather events as "seasons" is rather absurd.

Record flooding.
    Record size hurricanes.
    Record heat.
    Record tornados.

How many bits and pieces do you need before you acknowledge something has changed?

They changed "global warming" to "climate change" after global warming started getting bad press. Also, the term climate change is more broad, so they can slap it on any weather pattern and claim it as proof. In a couple of years it will be called something else so they can effectively add whatever spin they want to it.
    No, it got changed to "climate change" when people less scholarly then scientist couldn't get their minds around how it can still be "cold" with global warming in effect. I guess to them they think global warming means that every place on earth becomes a tropical paradise, rather then the more accurate picture of overall global temperatures on an annualized basis.
    nolittdroid likes this.
    03-05-2014 05:50 PM
    I just simply disagree. There are some very smart people who think the opposite. For you to command man made climate change to be fact is funny to me. I don't believe it. I'm not alone here. Millions of Americans feel the same as I do. You'll just have to accept that

03-05-2014 06:00 PM
    I just simply disagree.
    So, for the sake of argument, let's say there's no such thing as global climate change/warming. In your first post, you bring up Apple and the comments made by Tim Cook. If we believe that global climate change does not exist, do we need to do something about Apple? Should we organize a nation-wide boycott of Apple products? Should we call for Cook's resignation? Do we need to call our senators or representatives? What corrective action should we implement?
    03-05-2014 06:18 PM
    Record flooding.
    Record size hurricanes.
    Record heat.
    Record tornados.
    Record flooding where? When was the last record?

We've had extreme weather changes before, that were obviously not due to human intervention. Even recently. How has it been determined that Humans are the only possible cause for them this time? There are other variables besides people.

And then there's this:

Another negative climate feedback: Warmer plants cool the planet

Another negative climate feedback: Warmer plants cool the planet • The Register
    and this

Is a mini ice age on the way? Scientists warn the Sun has 'gone to sleep' and say it could cause temperatures to plunge

Is a mini ice age on the way? Scientists warn the Sun has 'gone to sleep' and say it could cause temperatures to plunge | Mail Online
    There are fads among scientists as with everyone else. And scientists have cause to be biased...Global Warming hysteria means more grants for their work. It keeps them employed. It is not as black and white as a lot of people would like to believe.
    03-05-2014 06:23 PM
    I just simply disagree. There are some very smart people who think the opposite. For you to command man made climate change to be fact is funny to me. I don't believe it. I'm not alone here. Millions of Americans feel the same as I do. You'll just have to accept that

"Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities,1and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources."

Climate Change: Consensus
    nolittdroid and GadgetGator like this.
    03-05-2014 06:25 PM

But that little bit does cause a lot of changes...... You see small number but the tipping point is relatively not that high either.
    03-05-2014 06:39 PM
    Nice try. This is simply another liberal story that is is run with until people start to believe.

http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/mike-...faces-ny-times

03-05-2014 06:39 PM
175 1234 ...