02-03-2015 05:27 AM
401 1234 ...
tools
    lol, that's one agency I wish wasn't as efficient at stealing our interwebz data. I've actually had decent experience with the TSA. Granted, I think half the time they're just going through the motions. And I can speak from experience as I have at least 15,000 frequent flyer miles in the past month alone. I wish I could say the USPS was efficient, but I've had trouble with mail lately, and they generally seem like an unmotivated bunch when I go to resolve some issues.
    The NSA is very efficient. Ill give them that. According to a recent article (can't remember where) they spied on 122 foreign leaders. The TSA is pretty efficient, I live in Atlanta and it goes pretty smoothly every time. The USPS is not, I despise going to the post office sometimes.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    palandri likes this.
    03-30-2014 11:04 AM
    Why do all liberals take what you say and start putting words in your mouth?
    Wait, what?

palandri likes this.
    03-30-2014 11:07 AM
    ...Why do all liberals take what you say and start putting words in your mouth? Example "So, you're basically saying that since you believe in the right to own guns, children should use them to kill each other with?" ....
    That's an example of a liberal argument?
    A895 likes this.
    03-30-2014 11:41 AM
    That's an example of a liberal argument?
    Yes! It happens all of the time!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    03-30-2014 12:10 PM
    Why do all liberals take what you say and start putting words in your mouth? Example "So, you're basically saying that since you believe in the right to own guns, children should use them to kill each other with?" Or "you disagree with me so you shouldn't watch faux news ehhhhhh." Enough
    This is very common for liberals. Their argument is that if you're not for government control, you are for nihilism. They seem to think that government is the only answer to societal problems. If you say you don't believe in food stamps, you must want children starving in the streets. If you don't believe in abortion, you want women burdened with unwanted pregnancies and dying from complications. If you don't want the TSA in airports, you just want to open the doors for all the terrorists. The list is never ending.
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
    03-30-2014 01:00 PM
    Roads and military are 2 of the limited list of things the government should be responsible for and they aren't even ran efficiently.

Quit watching fox? I don't know how to make it more clear that I get my news from different sources. Maybe you should quit trying to lump everyone that disagrees with your political beliefs into your liberal talking points.

Why do all liberals take what you say and start putting words in your mouth? Example "So, you're basically saying that since you believe in the right to own guns, children should use them to kill each other with?" Or "you disagree with me so you shouldn't watch faux news ehhhhhh." Enough
    If it walks like a duck.....

Please tell us what other news sources are you citing when you insist that Obamacare is the government taking over our healthcare? I noticed you ducked (Yes I said DUCKED) my original statement about why you think Obamacare is healthcare being run by the government. Linking the Obamacare mandate with the inefficiencies of government entities is pretty much a Faux News talking point, so why should I believe that you're getting your misinformation from anywhere but Faux news? Ok, so maybe you're not getting it directly from Faux News, but you are getting it from someone that IS getting it from Faux News.

So point blank, please explain to us why Obamacare is government healthcare. I just went to Healthcare.gov and I see Cigna, Aetna, and other PRIVATE companies. Since when did these entities become government entities?
    A895 and palandri like this.
    03-30-2014 01:59 PM
    This is very common for liberals. Their argument is that if you're not for government control, you are for nihilism. They seem to think that government is the only answer to societal problems. If you say you don't believe in food stamps, you must want children starving in the streets. If you don't believe in abortion, you want women burdened with unwanted pregnancies and dying from complications. If you don't want the TSA in airports, you just want to open the doors for all the terrorists. The list is never ending.
    I just googled "when was the TSA founded?" Google came back with.... November 19, 2001
    Transportation Security Administration, Founded
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't GWB in office? Damn liberal google!!!

So let me get this straight, if I accuse someone of using a Faux news talking point (I'm still waiting for them to clarify their statement that proves otherwise btw) then I must be some "libural" that wants to put words in someone's mouth. But him insisting I must be some sort of "Libural" that equates the lack of gun control to some sort of "Lord of the Flies" for babies, that's perfectly ok?

Let's Make Them Squeal!-pot-kettke.jpg
    palandri, msndrstood and A895 like this.
    03-30-2014 02:07 PM
    There is so much wrong here. Do conservatives believe in natural selection? I think that is why they want all these "government" programs to go away, so people can die out. I may be exaggerating but that's what the appearance seems sometimes to me.

palandri and msndrstood like this.
    03-30-2014 02:15 PM
    There is so much wrong here. Do conservatives believe in natural selection? I think that is why they want all these "government" programs to go away, so people can die out. I may be exaggerating but that's what the appearance seems sometimes to me.

I wish I could believe that's what they stand for, but when it was THEIR buddies' butts on the line, they had no problem talking about "societal good". You saw how quick they were to bail out Wallstreet on the backs of the taxpayer. Another reason I have a hard time believing that they're all about "Darwinian principle" is that they create laws that favor only certain groups of people (i.e. 1%-ers) If the GOP was serious about letting the cream rise to the crop, you'd see equal resources being put into schools across the country. As it stands now, they're perfectly ok with providing an advantage to their children at the sake of the less fortunate. I'll keep harping on my point, if GWB was the best this country had to offer in 2000 and again in 2004, then we are in deep trouble. For the record, I don't believe Obama to be the best the U.S. has to offer in 2008 and 2012, but he was the lesser of 2 evils IMO.
    A895 likes this.
    03-30-2014 02:23 PM
    Yes! It happens all of the time!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Do you two think Joni Ernest is good candidate for the Senate?
    03-30-2014 02:24 PM

I just want government to stick to what it was designed to do. I don't see where it is the place of government to take money from one person and give it to another. Just because someone has a need doesn't mean government should fill it. Not to mention the generations of future Americans that are being shackled with the debt we have created. Is it too much to ask that people take care of themselves a bit?
    03-30-2014 02:34 PM
    I'll keep harping on my point, if GWB was the best this country had to offer in 2000 and again in 2004, then we are in deep trouble. For the record, I don't believe Obama to be the best the U.S. has to offer in 2008 and 2012, but he was the lesser of 2 evils IMO.
    One of the biggest problems we have is that every election we are not voting for the best but the least crappy choice. Instead of finding the person that might start to fix the country, we have to decide who will help us limp along a bit longer.
    03-30-2014 02:43 PM
    Do you two think Joni Ernest is good candidate for the Senate?
    I have no idea. I don't think she could be any worse than what we are already sending.
    03-30-2014 02:45 PM
    I just want government to stick to what it was designed to do. I don't see where it is the place of government to take money from one person and give it to another. Just because someone has a need doesn't mean government should fill it. Not to mention the generations of future Americans that are being shackled with the debt we have created. Is it too much to ask that people take care of themselves a bit?
    That's the point of everyone having health insurance... To take care of themselves.

An Original Republican/Conservative Idea.

Until it was A Democratic Idea.

Then it wasn't.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    A895 and palandri like this.
    03-30-2014 02:52 PM
    Considering how many people can never get a proper start. I don't think taking care of themselves for a bit is possible for some. I know myself I struggled with my Mom for a while and we used food stamps. It helped put food on the table and now we don't even have them anymore, as my mom makes a lot more money. Hell we even lived in subsidized housing for a while and that helped a LOT. I think a good reason we have debt is because a lot of people buy what they can't afford, or take out loans for college that they can't pay back.

msndrstood likes this.
    03-30-2014 03:08 PM
    The problem with what they are doing is making people buy a product. Ok, so prior to Obamacare, if I couldn't afford insurance, I went to the hospital and they were forced to treat me. Now, if I can't afford it, the government is going to fine me for not being able to afford it. There has been alot of people who cant afford their new rates either.

My question is how is the government not in control of it when people will see a tax increase and when you will be fined by the government for not getting the product prior to the deadline?

I agree with the statement about bush, I didn't agree with those bailouts. So now, are any of you going to agree if we bailout insurance companies? Sorry, but government is 9999999999 out of 10000000000 not the solution, especially when none of these reps have our best interest in mind, but Washington will never change until you get the money out of it.

I didn't like bush no more than obama. They are the same just from separate ends of the spectrum.
    As far as my sources, I've read alot of the Obamacare bill. I also read on my note 3 alot. I google, read yahoo and tons of other news pages some may be fox but I do read cnn also, but since you are quick to try to dismantle someone because they dont share your ideology, maybe it is you that needs to check other news sources. No need to get all **** hurt because obama doesn't give me a warm tingly feeling like Chris Matthews. Have any of you even read any of it or are you getting alot of your "talking points" from your news sources?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    03-30-2014 05:33 PM
    The problem with what they are doing is making people buy a product. Ok, so prior to Obamacare, if I couldn't afford insurance, I went to the hospital and they were forced to treat me. Now, if I can't afford it, the government is going to fine me for not being able to afford it. There has been alot of people who cant afford their new rates either.

My question is how is the government not in control of it when people will see a tax increase and when you will be fined by the government for not getting the product prior to the deadline?

I agree with the statement about bush, I didn't agree with those bailouts. So now, are any of you going to agree if we bailout insurance companies? Sorry, but government is 9999999999 out of 10000000000 not the solution, especially when none of these reps have our best interest in mind, but Washington will never change until you get the money out of it.

I didn't like bush no more than obama. They are the same just from separate ends of the spectrum.
    As far as my sources, I've read alot of the Obamacare bill. I also read on my note 3 alot. I google, read yahoo and tons of other news pages some may be fox but I do read cnn also, but since you are quick to try to dismantle someone because they dont share your ideology, maybe it is you that needs to check other news sources. No need to get all **** hurt because obama doesn't give me a warm tingly feeling like Chris Matthews. Have any of you even read any of it or are you getting alot of your "talking points" from your news sources?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    How is it a tax increase if its only if you don't have health insurance? If you have it, what's the problem? 999999 out of 10000000 times people aren't the solution either.

03-30-2014 05:56 PM
    How is it a tax increase if its only if you don't have health insurance? If you have it, what's the problem?
    If you don't have insurance, you're taxed.

If you have it and rates went up as a result of the law (because of the extra coverages required), it's effectively a tax increase. It may not go directly to the government, but it's a direct result of government intervention.

Same if you were kicked off your existing policy and forced into a more expensive plan that covered stuff like maternity even though you're a guy.

Yes, it's private companies insuring you, but the law tries to micromanage so much of it with all the coverage requirements and changes due to people legally avoiding parts of the law (like employers cutting hours/staff) to try and stop what the government considers abuses, you may as well call it government run. Because apparently when they see something they don't like happening with it, they seek to change it.
    03-30-2014 06:29 PM
    If you don't have insurance, you're taxed.

If you have it and rates went up as a result of the law (because of the extra coverages required), it's effectively a tax increase. It may not go directly to the government, but it's a direct result of government intervention.

Same if you were kicked off your existing policy and forced into a more expensive plan that covered stuff like maternity even though you're a guy.

Yes, it's private companies insuring you, but the law tries to micromanage so much of it with all the coverage requirements and changes due to people legally avoiding parts of the law (like employers cutting hours/staff) to try and stop what the government considers abuses, you may as well call it government run. Because apparently when they see something they don't like happening with it, they seek to change it.
    I'm still not understanding it as a tax if the insurance companies are the ones who raised the rates. The money does not go to the Government so its not a tax.

03-30-2014 06:44 PM
    I'm still not understanding it as a tax if the insurance companies are the ones who raised the rates. The money does not go to the Government so its not a tax.

In order to get the money to help insure tens of millions there are new taxes, mostly on higher earners.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    03-30-2014 07:07 PM
    They only raised the rates due to government intervention. You don't think they could cover things like expensive pre-existing conditions in a vacuum, do you?

I can't speak for others, but that's why I specified it as "effectively" a tax increase. Whether the government makes it a direct tax or makes changes that take more of your money by other means, the effect is the same to the citizen.

Another example commonly cited is toll roads. The government may call the tolls a user fee, but it's still a effectively a tax on the people that need to use a public access road. A double taxation at that as you don't get a refund on the fuel taxes already paid for the miles driven on the toll road.
    03-30-2014 07:11 PM
    In order to get the money to help insure tens of millions there are new taxes, mostly on higher earners.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I don't see a problem with that. They can afford it.

03-30-2014 07:22 PM
    ... and billionaires still don't pay enough, they pay a lower tax rates than middle-income families. I am glad Warren Buffett brought that point forward. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business...ry-talk-taxes/
    03-30-2014 07:25 PM
    They only raised the rates due to government intervention. You don't think they could cover things like expensive pre-existing conditions in a vacuum, do you?

I can't speak for others, but that's why I specified it as "effectively" a tax increase. Whether the government makes it a direct tax or makes changes that take more of your money by other means, the effect is the same to the citizen.

Another example commonly cited is toll roads. The government may call the tolls a user fee, but it's still a effectively a tax on the people that need to use a public access road. A double taxation at that as you don't get a refund on the fuel taxes already paid for the miles driven on the toll road.
    It still does not go to the government though. A toll regardless is literally pocket change.

03-30-2014 07:26 PM
    I don't see a problem with that. They can afford it.
    That kind of thinking is a huge problem with our country. It's like, "Right or wrong, who cares because it's not affecting me and they have so much money."
    It still does not go to the government though. A toll regardless is literally pocket change.
    I'm guessing you don't drive toll roads very much. A trip in a car from Chicago to NYC will run over $50 in tolls alone, and pulling a trailer will push it close to $100. Maybe over. I know for a fact in the Chicago area, a car plus a single axle trailer pays the same as a bus because they go by axle count and not weight. That's one way and is a huge hit when talking vacation money. Even with regular commuters locally, look at all the interstates in the Northeast that are tolled. There's often no good alternatives to avoid the tolls.

Edit: You also didn't address the double taxation issue. If it were possible and feasible, wouldn't you agree you should get a tax refund equal to the amount of tolls you pay since the toll roads are supposed to be covered by said tolls and not the fuel tax?
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
    03-30-2014 07:40 PM
401 1234 ...