02-03-2015 05:27 AM
401 12345 ...
tools
    That kind of thinking is a huge problem with our country. It's like, "Right or wrong, who cares because it's not affecting me and they have so much money."

I'm guessing you don't drive toll roads very much. A trip in a car from Chicago to NYC will run over $50 in tolls alone, and pulling a trailer will push it close to $100. Maybe over. I know for a fact in the Chicago area, a car plus a single axle trailer pays the same as a bus because they go by axle count and not weight. That's one way and is a huge hit when talking vacation money. Even with regular commuters locally, look at all the interstates in the Northeast that are tolled. There's often no good alternatives to avoid the tolls.
    If I was rich I would pay more, moneys no object after 6 figures. The toll thing I won't touch on as I only help drive to GA from NY one time. I usually fly everywhere.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-30-2014 07:46 PM
    If I was rich I would pay more, moneys no object after 6 figures.
    That's what they all say. :rolleyes:
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
    03-30-2014 08:14 PM
    That's what they all say. :rolleyes:
    Believe me that's what I would definitely still say and do if I ever make that much.

03-30-2014 10:04 PM
    I don't see a problem with that. They can afford it.

Ah yes.... the inevitable "someone should pay more just not me."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    03-30-2014 10:15 PM
    Ah yes.... the inevitable "someone should pay more just not me."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I would pay more. I'm not afraid to pay for more taxes. I don't know why you guessed otherwise, but conservatives tend to get things wrong.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-30-2014 10:19 PM
    Believe me that's what I would definitely still say and do if I ever make that much.

I do but I also work alot more than 40 hrs a week. I also work away from home most of the year and sometimes in Canada. Btw, I'm blue collar, the same thing people look down upon. If you want to make that much money do it. It's not going to land in your lap. Not to sound mean, but the only person holding you back from making what you want is you. Trust me, of you were making 6 figures, you'd be sick at your stomach at how much tax you have to pay because of overspending by our government.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    03-30-2014 10:24 PM
    I would pay more. I'm not afraid to pay for more taxes. I don't know why you guessed otherwise, but conservatives tend to get things wrong.

Personally, if I were rich, I'd rather put my spare money to more productive uses. Like charities, medical research foundations, animal rescues/sanctuaries, etc.
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
    03-30-2014 10:31 PM
    I have seen a few references to the USPS concerning good/bad government agencies. PLEASE TAKE NOTE. The USPS is not a government agency. It was cut loose as a private entity years ago and receives no operating monies from the government/taxpayers. Now, if Congress, which cut it loose, would get out of its way and let it run itself as a private enterprise, maybe they could cut the red ink. Btw, I'm not a big fan of the USPS.

msndrstood likes this.
    03-30-2014 10:40 PM

They do, thats why I'm an independent.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    03-30-2014 11:42 PM
    One of the biggest problems we have is that every election we are not voting for the best but the least crappy choice. Instead of finding the person that might start to fix the country, we have to decide who will help us limp along a bit longer.

I strongly believe that when someone runs for office, they believe part of what they claim, but then once they're in office, the people that back them financially are waiting to cash in their chips. It's one of the biggest reasons we need to take money out of politics. We need campaign reform if we want to start rebuilding this country.
    03-31-2014 06:07 AM
    I do but I also work alot more than 40 hrs a week. I also work away from home most of the year and sometimes in Canada. Btw, I'm blue collar, the same thing people look down upon. If you want to make that much money do it. It's not going to land in your lap. Not to sound mean, but the only person holding you back from making what you want is you. Trust me, of you were making 6 figures, you'd be sick at your stomach at how much tax you have to pay because of overspending by our government.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I doubt it. If I make 6 figure, I have no problem paying taxes. Taxes keep this government going.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, if I were rich, I'd rather put my spare money to more productive uses. Like charities, medical research foundations, animal rescues/sanctuaries, etc.
    If you make 6 figure you can still do that.
    03-31-2014 08:00 AM
    They do, thats why I'm an independent.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks for clearing that up. I am Democrat but I would like to become Independent in the future, as neither the Dems or Republicans have the best ideology right now. The main problem is that the Government is set up where no other political party can gain any power.
    palandri likes this.
    03-31-2014 08:03 AM
    ....The main problem is that the Government is set up where no other political party can gain any power.
    The first problem, of course, is $$$Money$$$ being the dominate force.

To start with, we really need to switch to equal proportion representation, rather than the winner take all scenario we currently have, where someone can will with a plurality, less than 50% of the vote. Here's an over simplification of equal proportion representation, also note you are voting for a .platform, rather than a smile.

Party A gets 40% of the vote and 4 seats in Congress
    Party B gets 30% of the vote and 3 seats in Congress
    Party C gets 20% of the vote and 3 seats in Congress
    Party D gets 10% of the vote and 1 seat in Congress

Party A and Party C for a coalition with 60% of the vote.
    03-31-2014 08:26 AM
    The first problem, of course, is $$$Money$$$ being the dominate force.

To start with, we really need to switch to equal proportion representation, rather than the winner take all scenario we currently have, where someone can will with a plurality, less than 50% of the vote. Here's an over simplification of equal proportion representation, also note you are voting for a .platform, rather than a smile.

Party A gets 40% of the vote and 4 seats in Congress
    Party B gets 30% of the vote and 3 seats in Congress
    Party C gets 20% of the vote and 3 seats in Congress
    Party D gets 10% of the vote and 1 seat in Congress

Party A and Party C for a coalition with 60% of the vote.
    While I don't disagree that this may be better than current, voting for a "party" over a person I fear would create an even higher level of disconnect with the people. Party leaders would have all the power and party members would be even less likely to deflect. If there were dozens of parties, this may work, but it would not be any better than what we have now if it were only a few. It may even be worse.

The reason, in my mind, that we have such issue getting anything through is because votes are far too often completely partisan. A vote should always have a mix of both parties. Politicians should not be afraid to deflect if they feel they are representing their constituents. Currently, votes usually fall down party lines as dictated by leadership. A voter should be voting for a person to represent them. Not some slave to a national party. States are not red and blue and should not be seen or act as such.

Along the same lines, legislators should be writing bills to get the support of the people or at least individual states, not the support of a party platform.
    A895 likes this.
    03-31-2014 09:54 AM
    If you make 6 figure you can still do that.
    Not as much as I could if the government didn't take so much to waste on whatever pet project they want. Besides, who made you (or anyone for that matter) the person that decides when someone makes more than enough and what they should do with the extra?
    03-31-2014 10:11 AM
    Not as much as I could if the government didn't take so much to waste on whatever pet project they want. Besides, who made you (or anyone for that matter) the person that decides when someone makes more than enough and what they should do with the extra?
    Pet project? You realize besides "Obamacare", taxes pay a lot of stuff including the people who are teaching the next generation? So 6 figures a year can't take a tax hit?

03-31-2014 12:08 PM
    While I don't disagree that this may be better than current, voting for a "party" over a person I fear would create an even higher level of disconnect with the people. Party leaders would have all the power and party members would be even less likely to deflect. If there were dozens of parties, this may work, but it would not be any better than what we have now if it were only a few. It may even be worse.

The reason, in my mind, that we have such issue getting anything through is because votes are far too often completely partisan. A vote should always have a mix of both parties. Politicians should not be afraid to deflect if they feel they are representing their constituents. Currently, votes usually fall down party lines as dictated by leadership. A voter should be voting for a person to represent them. Not some slave to a national party. States are not red and blue and should not be seen or act as such.

Along the same lines, legislators should be writing bills to get the support of the people or at least individual states, not the support of a party platform.
    That's the problem now, all states and even some people, all they see is red and blue. Its hard to see white when it has so little representation.

03-31-2014 12:09 PM
    Pet project? You realize besides "Obamacare", taxes pay a lot of stuff including the people who are teaching the next generation? So 6 figures a year can't take a tax hit?
    http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/...c-0222cad1c7d5

And again, what makes you the authority on determining what people (presumably) making more than you should pay in taxes?
    03-31-2014 12:40 PM
    Lorem ipsum is classic filler text for when you are dummying up a layout and need text to be there to see what text elements of that layout look like. So, that's not a website attack.

As far as making anyone squeal, how about making the GOP squeal over the fact that they've F***ED themselves in the last two Presidential election cycles by denigrating and demonizing (or otherwise trying to ignore) Ron Paul? I personally would be happy to see the GOP (to say nothing about the Democrat party too) get wiped out, not through the LP or anyone else attacking them, but because they are actually shown publicly to lose in the war of ideas.

It's to me kind of like this. Bill Nye is Ron Paul, and Ken Hamm is just about anyone else in the GOP. If you pay no attention to the content of what's being said, they both sound reasonable. But if you actually do pay attention to the content, one makes sense and presents ideas and concepts that are valid and verifiable, and the other one is clearly full of s**t.
    03-31-2014 01:05 PM
    one makes sense and presents ideas and concepts that are valid and verifiable,
    That would be Ken Hamm. Verifiable because the Bible says it is so.
    03-31-2014 01:16 PM
    It's to me kind of like this. Bill Nye is Ron Paul, and Ken Hamm is just about anyone else in the GOP. If you pay no attention to the content of what's being said, they both sound reasonable. But if you actually do pay attention to the content, one makes sense and presents ideas and concepts that are valid and verifiable, and the other one is clearly full of s**t.
    Careful with who you pick for analogies. Bill Nye was debating someone on climate change recently and was pretty much destroyed. Don't remember who the other guy was but was on John Stossel's program.
    03-31-2014 01:18 PM
    http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/...c-0222cad1c7d5

And again, what makes you the authority on determining what people (presumably) making more than you should pay in taxes?
    I'm not the authority. I don't know why you keep saying that. I don't understand people making large amounts of money and not wanting to pay taxes. What's the big deal? Its that hard to let a million go if you have another 5?

03-31-2014 02:25 PM
    I'm not the authority. I don't know why you keep saying that. I don't understand people making large amounts of money and not wanting to pay taxes. What's the big deal? Its that hard to let a million go if you have another 5?
    There's the problem with your thinking. The reason I ask is because you're the one that put yourself in that position trying to say what's enough to pay for those making more than you. Perhaps you should make an effort to understand rich people and what they actually do with their money. It's not all private jets and yachts.
    03-31-2014 02:47 PM
    There's the problem with your thinking. The reason I ask is because you're the one that put yourself in that position trying to say what's enough to pay for those making more than you. Perhaps you should make an effort to understand rich people and what they actually do with their money. It's not all private jets and yachts.
    Where is it going besides in the bank and the odd foundation or charity?

03-31-2014 02:51 PM
    Careful with who you pick for analogies. Bill Nye was debating someone on climate change recently and was pretty much destroyed. Don't remember who the other guy was but was on John Stossel's program.
    LOL! John Stossel and Fox News! 97% the of scientific community believe our current climate change is likely caused by human activity. How could Bill Nye possible lose that debate? It just shows you how bogus Fox News is. If I had a dollar for every time Fox News spun the truth, I'd be a millionaire!
    A895 likes this.
    03-31-2014 03:04 PM
401 12345 ...