02-03-2015 05:27 AM
401 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I honestly do not think I can begrudge anyone for their pay as long as it was a fairly negotiated rate. Pro athletes make very large sacrifices to get to where they are. I know that even in high school, the most serious players are up and on the practice field before the sun rises on most days and train well into the night most nights. This intensifies when they move on to college and only the best move on to professional levels. When you consider how short a major league career is and how few get endorsement deals to continue the pay after their body is shot, I think they may be paid fairly for their efforts.

Out of curiosity, how much longer will we have to listen to the failings of GWB before we can move on to the failings of the current administration. I know there must be a time limit because we eventually stopped talking about Carter and Clinton.
    GWB is one of the biggest examples that proves that hard work is not a precursor to success. His failures are monumental and he is a world class rube. How many world leaders have gifs like this?

03-31-2014 09:38 PM
    True. But a government does not look when it allows its people to live in squalor. Government programs help a lot of people out regardless of those who abuse the system. That's like punishing the whole class when only one or two kids are making all the trouble.
    Government programs are also enabling people to not live up to their full potential. Abuses aside, why take on more hours or a second job when it puts you over the line that causes you to loose most of your assistance in one fell swoop and the extra income is more than negated by all the extra expenses you now have to pay on your own. I think an easy adoption would be if more programs were graduated assistance where the amount you receive goes down I'm relation to income increases so people on them actually have motivation to move ahead.

But looking at your other government free for all comments, I doubt us going back and forth is going to lead to anything worthwhile.
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
    03-31-2014 09:41 PM
    Government programs are also enabling people to not live up to their full potential. Abuses aside, why take on more hours or a second job when it puts you over the line that causes you to loose most of your assistance in one fell swoop and the extra income is more than negated by all the extra expenses you now have to pay on your own. I think an easy adoption would be if more programs were graduated assistance where the amount you receive goes down I'm relation to income increases so people on them actually have motivation to move ahead.

But looking at your other government free for all comments, I doubt us going back and forth is going to lead to anything worthwhile.
    No argument/long discussion on the internet leads to anything. 😔😱

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-31-2014 09:47 PM
    GWB is one of the biggest examples that proves that hard work is not a precursor to success. His failures are monumental and he is a world class rube. How many world leaders have gifs like this?
    You have to admit, he had good reflexes. LOL
    03-31-2014 10:40 PM
    You have to admit, he had good reflexes. LOL
    When it first happened I thought the same. Reminded me of the matrix.
    03-31-2014 10:54 PM
    So a generalization about what is done with food stamps is your argument? Generalizing does not help at all. Especially considering more Caucasians are on food stamps than minorities. If I make six figures I don't really care where the tax money goes, its taxes. If it went to making a death star I wouldn't care.

Generalizing does not help at all? Remember that the next time you start saying 1. Anyone that makes 6 figures is rich and 2. The rich are evil and can afford to pay more.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-01-2014 04:38 AM

http://guyism.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/gwb-2.gif
    I was no fan of bush, but cant the same be said for Obama too?

This is the same arguement as the rich kid in school that got a new vehicle and everyone else was jealous. But I ask, would any of the jealous kids refuse a new car if their parents bought them one? I grew up poor, but my family never used assistance. I caught myself jealous of another person and finally called myself out on it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-01-2014 04:45 AM
    How much money does one person need to feel safe and secure while their fellow man starves and struggles to make ends meet? Kind of funny because the more money they hoard, the tighter it gets for everyone else until all the money in the world won't save them from mobs of angry hoards. Bill Gates gets it. Look at what he's doing in Africa. Does Marie Antoinette ring a bell? Let them eat cake indeed....

In case you don't remember your history lesson, this is what happened to her.....She did always want to get a head right?

Attachment 110305
    Honesty, how bad does anyone struggle in this country? I can't afford the new iphone? My church helps people in need alot but from what I've seen, alot are not in need but in want. Last Christmas a friend went to help deliver a good Christmas to a needy family and they had a better house with more amenities than him like a huge tv.

Here is a discussion. I live around tons of farmers that all get government money. How in the hell does someone that lives in a $300000+ house, with their 16 year old a $40,000 truck, their stay at home wife with her $60000-$80000 vehicle need government money when they don't have to pay their employees minimum wage?

We have too many corporations and lazy on the government's tit. I think it's around 49% of America is on some sort of government subsidy. I implore anyone, next time any of you go to a public place, look at all of the people there. I'll bet 49% of the people there aren't disabled.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-01-2014 04:50 AM
    I was no fan of bush, but cant the same be said for Obama too?

This is the same arguement as the rich kid in school that got a new vehicle and everyone else was jealous. But I ask, would any of the jealous kids refuse a new car if their parents bought them one? I grew up poor, but my family never used assistance. I caught myself jealous of another person and finally called myself out on it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

While I'm no fan of Obama and believe that he could've done a lot more (yes, he's had some resistance from Congress, but drone attacks, shutting down Gitmo, and ending some of Bush's unnecessary wars can be done without Congress), you can't believe that he's on the same level as GWB. GWB took us into war with Iraq under false pretense, had the worst terrorist attack under his watch (No Benghazi doesn't even begin to compare to 9/11 regardless of how much a certain news organization claims so), took our economy down one of the worst downturns since the Great Depression, and did irreparable damage to our country's image worldwide. Claiming they're both equal is a litmus test for someone that's an obvious red Kool Aid drinker or someone that is too young to remember how horrible GWB ran this country into the ground.
    A895 likes this.
    04-01-2014 06:18 AM
    Honesty, how bad does anyone struggle in this country? I can't afford the new iphone? My church helps people in need alot but from what I've seen, alot are not in need but in want. Last Christmas a friend went to help deliver a good Christmas to a needy family and they had a better house with more amenities than him like a huge tv.

Here is a discussion. I live around tons of farmers that all get government money. How in the hell does someone that lives in a $300000+ house, with their 16 year old a $40,000 truck, their stay at home wife with her $60000-$80000 vehicle need government money when they don't have to pay their employees minimum wage?

We have too many corporations and lazy on the government's tit. I think it's around 49% of America is on some sort of government subsidy. I implore anyone, next time any of you go to a public place, look at all of the people there. I'll bet 49% of the people there aren't disabled.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    This post reminds me of John McCain's quote from the 2008 campaign trail. He speculated that middle class in America made $250,000 a year. Go to the inner cities and see how some people live. Don't just trust the glass menagerie that your sheltered life has afforded you. There are people out there that suffer daily trying to figure out where their next meal will come from, how they're going to make enough money to pay their next bill, or where they're even going to find warm shelter.

Making sure 'motel kids' don't go hungry - CNN.com I invite you to open your eyes.
    msndrstood and A895 like this.
    04-01-2014 06:25 AM
    While I'm no fan of Obama and believe that he could've done a lot more (yes, he's had some resistance from Congress, but drone attacks, shutting down Gitmo, and ending some of Bush's unnecessary wars can be done without Congress), you can't believe that he's on the same level as GWB. GWB took us into war with Iraq under false pretense, had the worst terrorist attack under his watch (No Benghazi doesn't even begin to compare to 9/11 regardless of how much a certain news organization claims so), took our economy down one of the worst downturns since the Great Depression, and did irreparable damage to our country's image worldwide. Claiming they're both equal is a litmus test for someone that's an obvious red Kool Aid drinker or someone that is too young to remember how horrible GWB ran this country into the ground.
    I don't know why every time you post you have to be snide about it. I guarantee you that you wouldn't be to me if we were face to face.

Secondly, I'm 36. I do remember those wars. While i don't know how to be more clear by saying that I never liked bush, you keep commenting everytime I say something about Obama, you turn around and bring Bush into it.

Lastly, you keep accusing everyone else here but you of being a koolaid drinker that disagrees with you, but you forget democrats and Republicans alike VOTED on the war in Iraq over false intelligence. I remember watching news channels with their panels of experts saying saddam would have nuclear weapons by the end of the year and what the hold up is and why we weren't attacking. I even read an article in Time about it.

So, blame Bush for Iraq, but blame every person republican and democrat for it also.

On edit: I say false intelligence, I guess it's what someone's definition of wmd's are. Last i heard the gas used in Syria was from Iraq, but that may have been wrong.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-01-2014 06:46 AM
    This post reminds me of John McCain's quote from the 2008 campaign trail. He speculated that middle class in America made $250,000 a year. Go to the inner cities and see how some people live. Don't just trust the glass menagerie that your sheltered life has afforded you. There are people out there that suffer daily trying to figure out where their next meal will come from, how they're going to make enough money to pay their next bill, or where they're even going to find warm shelter.

Making sure 'motel kids' don't go hungry - CNN.com I invite you to open your eyes.
    If you are quick to point out how bad fox news is bias and I will agree, why do you feel the need to post from a news source just as biased, just because they are biased in your ideology and 49% of our nation isn't starving.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-01-2014 06:49 AM
    Generalizing does not help at all? Remember that the next time you start saying 1. Anyone that makes 6 figures is rich and 2. The rich are evil and can afford to pay more.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Don't twist my words. I never said the rich was evil. Yes, six figures is rich considering average household income in the U.S. is less than $50K.

04-01-2014 06:59 AM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    So you have never taken advantage of:

Attached Thumbnails Let's Make Them Squeal!-1396353741722.jpg  
    04-01-2014 07:02 AM
    If you are quick to point out how bad fox news is bias and I will agree, why do you feel the need to post from a news source just as biased, just because they are biased in your ideology and 49% of our nation isn't starving.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    They aren't as bad as some places and CNN is for the most part a reputable news source.

04-01-2014 07:04 AM
    They aren't as bad as some places and CNN is for the most part a reputable news source.

To people that are republican, fox news is too.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-01-2014 07:10 AM
    So you have never taken advantage of:

No. But I do question the merits of unemployment insurance because the company(s) you worked for pays from my limited knowledge on the subject.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-01-2014 07:12 AM
    No. But I do question the merits of unemployment insurance because the company(s) you worked for pays from my limited knowledge on the subject.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Unemployment insurance is government.

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/unemployment-insurance/

04-01-2014 07:19 AM
    To people that are republican, fox news is too.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I don't see how, they spin the news the most and have been proven wrong many times in the past. I wouldn't watch them unless it was for the lulz.

04-01-2014 07:20 AM
    I don't see how, they soon the news the most and have been proven wrong many times in the past. I wouldn't watch them unless it was for the lulz.

Just like fox has proven wrong msnbc, cnn, etc.

I can do this all day.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-01-2014 07:22 AM
    Just like fox has proven wrong msnbc, cnn, etc.

I can do this all day.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Fox news proved someone else wrong? Lol

04-01-2014 07:24 AM
    Fox news proved someone else wrong? Lol

They all have an agenda. They all try to show their viewers as "victims".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-01-2014 07:56 AM
    Some tidbits to think about:

Six figures in several parts of the country only gets a single person or couple through rent/utilities and food. 40k in some parts of the country can easily house and feed a family of four. Picking a number out of thin air is ridiculous. Taxes and cost of living are completely different area to area. Thus what is a lot of money to someone is nothing to someone else.

The giant misconception with this whole discussion is what the government SHOULD do. Some believe that the government should do absolutely everything. Others believe that citizens should be more responsible for maintaining society voluntarily instead of being mandated and limited.

Keep in mind everything the government does increases the tax burden on the citizens and thus limits their potential.

There is no greater slap in the face to someone that has overcome diversity than to tell them that what they did is impossible without someone else's help. By the same coin, to tell someone that they need you is to deprive them or relying on themselves.

You cannot legislate success or compassion. The more you try, the less you will have. You cannot raise the bottom by pull the top down.
    Serial Fordicator and toober like this.
    04-01-2014 08:19 AM
    They all have an agenda. They all try to show their viewers as "victims".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    There is a reason I don't watch TV news in the first place.

04-01-2014 08:55 AM
    ....Keep in mind everything the government does increases the tax burden on the citizens and thus limits their potential. ...
    Everything the government does is not a tax burden on the citizens. For instance, a federal excise tax on imports, let's say alcohol and tobacco. Then that tax is used to fund the government.
    A895 likes this.
    04-01-2014 09:49 AM
401 ... 34567 ...