05-02-2014 08:34 PM
170 12345 ...
tools
    I am talking elected officials, any nut job with a smartphone can make a youtube video. The amount of time it would take to refute them would mean we'd all be dead. There are those who would peg you a racist for criticizing his policies, him, or his administration. I'm talking elected officials are not immune to playing the race card just to get the opposition to back down. You had the DCCC playing the race card on CNN for the House Majority doing it's job in oversight.
    Just to be sure, you're not confusing "elected official" (on a national level of course) with "prominent figure" are you?
    04-23-2014 01:24 PM
    I am talking elected officials, any nut job with a smartphone can make a youtube video. The amount of time it would take to refute them would mean we'd all be dead. There are those who would peg you a racist for criticizing his policies, him, or his administration. I'm talking elected officials are not immune to playing the race card just to get the opposition to back down. You had the DCCC playing the race card on CNN for the House Majority doing it's job in oversight.
    Would you name those people? What DCCC quote or statement are you talking about?
    04-23-2014 01:37 PM
    Would you name those people? What DCCC quote or statement are you talking about?

“To a significant extent the Republican base does have elements that are animated by racism."

"We'd rather pass an immigration bill than worry about the election. We have got 190 Democrats ready to vote on a comprehensive immigration bill today," Israel said while also accusing Republicans of being racists for opposing Obama and amnesty.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who also accused Republicans of being racists for opposing amnesty"

Jimmy Carter, MSNBC: "I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man[.]"

Cassandra Jackson, Huffington Post: "[T]he war on affordable health care is a war on Blacks and Latinos."
    However Obama is consistently more popular than his policies. Mitt Romney was consistently less popular than his policies. That's a pretty odd way for a country to express it's racism.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be sure, you're not confusing "elected official" (on a national level of course) with "prominent figure" are you?
    I would argue both. I mean Hank Aaron came out and flat out said the people who use to wear hoods are now wearing shirts and ties when speaking of those who oppose Obama.
    04-23-2014 02:42 PM
    I think Jon Stewart did a good job demonstrating how some people can be quite hypocritical. Apocalypse Cow! Jon Stewart Rips Sean Hannity Over Bundy Ranch Dispute
    palandri likes this.
    04-23-2014 11:17 PM
    Anyone who is in his administration that makes these mistakes were never held accountable. True hillary resigned but there was no trial.
    Trial? Exactly what law do you think she broke that warrants a judge and jury?

But they'll string Christie up for something his staff pulled in a heart beat. The difference though is Christie had the stones to admit "the buck stops here" and he's ultimately responsible as Governor even though he knew nothing about it. He then bent over and took it from the press for 2+ hours center stage.
    He "took it" because the man is desperately trying to have a political future. He's not known for entertaining the press for 2 hour stretches. As for knowing nothing about it, just because he claims that doesn't make it so. I just love how people expect Obama to know what low level people whom he probably has never met do in buildings in other cities and other states, but give Christie a pass for not knowing what was going on within the walls of his own office with people he was quite close to.

However Obama is consistently more popular than his policies. Mitt Romney was consistently less popular than his policies. That's a pretty odd way for a country to express it's racism.
    Not really, at least not in Obama's case. The components of the ACA are popular but when you call it Obamacare or link it to Obama in some way, the popularity takes a hit. People are really strange and subjective. I don't get it. I don't work that way at all. That concept and way of thinking about things is totally alien to me. I don't care who fixes things or addresses things long neglected. I also don't care who came up with the idea first. A good idea or a needed change is still that no matter who it comes from. But clearly other people don't look at things that way and look through partisan lenses more than I do and write off things for petty reasons.
    palandri likes this.
    04-24-2014 02:04 AM
    Trial? Exactly what law do you think she broke that warrants a judge and jury?

He "took it" because the man is desperately trying to have a political future. He's not known for entertaining the press for 2 hour stretches. As for knowing nothing about it, just because he claims that doesn't make it so. I just love how people expect Obama to know what low level people whom he probably has never met do in buildings in other cities and other states, but give Christie a pass for not knowing what was going on within the walls of his own office with people he was quite close to.

Not really, at least not in Obama's case. The components of the ACA are popular but when you call it Obamacare or link it to Obama in some way, the popularity takes a hit. People are really strange and subjective. I don't get it. I don't work that way at all. That concept and way of thinking about things is totally alien to me. I don't care who fixes things or addresses things long neglected. I also don't care who came up with the idea first. A good idea or a needed change is still that no matter who it comes from. But clearly other people don't look at things that way and look through partisan lenses more than I do and write off things for petty reasons.
    Umm, 4 people died due to her. If she were republican, how would you feel about her?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-24-2014 06:44 AM
    I would argue that he took it because unlike Obama, the man can stand there and talk without being coached beforehand or is constantly in need of a teleprompter. Regardless, the man ultimately accepts that he is responsible as Governor.

Which components are popular? If you like you plan you can keep it? Premium savings of $2500 for every family? If you like your doctor you can keep it? The purpose of the ACA was to insure the "18 million+ uninsured" and to lower healthcare costs. It's chipped away slightly at the former, it's failing miserably at the later.
    04-24-2014 09:42 AM
    Umm, 4 people died due to her. If she were republican, how would you feel about her?
    Where are you going with this?. Some nuts could attack any U.S.embassy today or tomorrow or the next day. Where's the trial?. How many people died during Bush? Where's the trial? How many people died when Bush dragged us in to Iraq over WMD when there were no WMD? Where's the trial? Bush had black CIA sites for torturing people. Where's the trial?
    GadgetGator and A895 like this.
    04-24-2014 11:05 AM
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Did she personally hold a gun to their heads and pull the trigger? Because that's what you make it sound like. Here's the thing about a really large GLOBAL operation: the top person cannot possibly know what is going on 24/7/365 in every single location. It's impossible. For you, for me, for her, for anyone. Because humans are not omnipotent. So what do we want to put her on "trial" for here? Not being omnipotent? Not hiring the right staff? Fine, put Chris Christie up on trial for the same thing then, although I don't think you'll get very far in either case. But before you do that, you are going to have to get past the fact that the diplomat that was murdered knew full well how dangerous the situation was in that region and as such should not have been in such a weakly defended compound. Some responsibility HAS to be put onto him as well.

I would argue that he took it because unlike Obama, the man can stand there and talk without being coached beforehand or is constantly in need of a teleprompter.
    It's called being professional. It's the difference between being on a first tier world stage and being in a second or third tier state job and doing so in an unprofessional manner. HUGE difference. He wouldn't be winging a State of the Union speech, I promise you. Also, I'm pretty sure he had a teleprompter of his own when he spoke for himself...er, I mean Mitt Romney as the last Republican convention. And how do you know if he is coached or not beforehand by anyone? Have you been there behind the scenes? Oh, you haven't? Then you can't possibly make that claim.

Which components are popular? If you like you plan you can keep it? Premium savings of $2500 for every family? If you like your doctor you can keep it? The purpose of the ACA was to insure the "18 million+ uninsured" and to lower healthcare costs. It's chipped away slightly at the former, it's failing miserably at the later.
    Am I the only one that looks at polling data or reads newspapers and watches news reports anymore? Some of the things that are popular:

- Keeping children on plan until 26
    - No lifetime caps
    - No preexisting condition exclusion
    - Coverage extended to people who haven't had it before
    - No more bankruptcy because you have no insurance

It was NEVER stated that it would insure 18 million uninsured people immediately or even in the first year. As for lowering cost, I know a great many people who now have lowered cost. With more and more healthy people over time, that trend should continue. But yes, it will take time. Overall, cost are rising slower and people have even got rebate checks. So yes, the cost is improving. It also varies by region and state. To get a real sense of the picture we will need to see rates for next year and the year after that. To base your opinion of a long term plan with just one year's sample of data, when even more insurance companies are planning to get into the exchanges next year would be premature at best. But if you were expecting cost to never go up ever again, well, that would be unrealistic. The price for everything goes up. The question is, how fast?
    04-24-2014 11:42 AM
    Did she personally hold a gun to their heads and pull the trigger? Because that's what you make it sound like. Here's the thing about a really large GLOBAL operation: the top person cannot possibly know what is going on 24/7/365 in every single location. It's impossible. For you, for me, for her, for anyone. Because humans are not omnipotent. So what do we want to put her on "trial" for here? Not being omnipotent? Not hiring the right staff? Fine, put Chris Christie up on trial for the same thing then, although I don't think you'll get very far in either case. But before you do that, you are going to have to get past the fact that the diplomat that was murdered knew full well how dangerous the situation was in that region and as such should not have been in such a weakly defended compound. Some responsibility HAS to be put onto him as well.

It's called being professional. It's the difference between being on a first tier world stage and being in a second or third tier state job and doing so in an unprofessional manner. HUGE difference. He wouldn't be winging a State of the Union speech, I promise you. Also, I'm pretty sure he had a teleprompter of his own when he spoke for himself...er, I mean Mitt Romney as the last Republican convention. And how do you know if he is coached or not beforehand by anyone? Have you been there behind the scenes? Oh, you haven't? Then you can't possibly make that claim.

Am I the only one that looks at polling data or reads newspapers and watches news reports anymore? Some of the things that are popular:

- Keeping children on plan until 26
    - No lifetime caps
    - No preexisting condition exclusion
    - Coverage extended to people who haven't had it before
    - No more bankruptcy because you have no insurance

It was NEVER stated that it would insure 18 million uninsured people immediately or even in the first year. As for lowering cost, I know a great many people who now have lowered cost. With more and more healthy people over time, that trend should continue. But yes, it will take time. Overall, cost are rising slower and people have even got rebate checks. So yes, the cost is improving. It also varies by region and state. To get a real sense of the picture we will need to see rates for next year and the year after that. To base your opinion of a long term plan with just one year's sample of data, when even more insurance companies are planning to get into the exchanges next year would be premature at best. But if you were expecting cost to never go up ever again, well, that would be unrealistic. The price for everything goes up. The question is, how fast?

People will file for bankruptcy even under the ACA. Go look at the deductibles on some of the low premium plans. I have had 4 patients already claim they can't pay because their surgery was applied to their deductible. They then expect the provider to write it off when legally we can't do that. I agree no pre-existing is a good thing and no lifetime caps. The premise of the ACA was to force the younger crowd to buy insurance via the mandate in order to cover the cost for the sick and older crowd. Yet we allow them to stay on their parents plan till their 26 and then fine them $95 if they don't buy a plan when they hit 27. The math isn't that hard to figure out and then ultimately come to the conclusion where this will end up. Costs are rising slower because of Obamacare is anecdotal at best when the current economic outlook is bleak.
    04-24-2014 02:06 PM
    Where are you going with this?. Some nuts could attack any U.S.embassy today or tomorrow or the next day. Where's the trial?. How many people died during Bush? Where's the trial? How many people died when Bush dragged us in to Iraq over WMD when there were no WMD? Where's the trial? Bush had black CIA sites for torturing people. Where's the trial?
    Bush wasn't involved with covering up and muzzling anyone to win an election (Obama 2012 or any future election Hillary 2016) He sure as hell never withheld supplies or the necessary help our troops needed.
    04-24-2014 02:33 PM
    Bush wasn't involved with covering up and muzzling anyone to win an election (Obama 2012 or any future election Hillary 2016) He sure as hell never withheld supplies or the necessary help our troops needed.
    Reaching.

Posted via Android Central App
    palandri and nolittdroid like this.
    04-24-2014 04:09 PM
    People will file for bankruptcy even under the ACA. Go look at the deductibles on some of the low premium plans. I have had 4 patients already claim they can't pay because their surgery was applied to their deductible. They then expect the provider to write it off when legally we can't do that. I agree no pre-existing is a good thing and no lifetime caps. The premise of the ACA was to force the younger crowd to buy insurance via the mandate in order to cover the cost for the sick and older crowd. Yet we allow them to stay on their parents plan till their 26 and then fine them $95 if they don't buy a plan when they hit 27. The math isn't that hard to figure out and then ultimately come to the conclusion where this will end up. Costs are rising slower because of Obamacare is anecdotal at best when the current economic outlook is bleak.
    Is it bleak because it's Obama's fault or are there 100s of other politicians you aren't allowed to blame?

I feel Obama has to be svalegoatf ri everything bad. It's so bad that our POTUS has a Meme named after him:

"Thanks Obama!"

We disrespect our president in the media and online and blame him for everything and theme expect him to singlehandedly save the world. I couldn't be president because I would have cursed someone out for doing the hardest job in the world.

04-24-2014 04:12 PM
    You don't have the math right.
    04-24-2014 06:23 PM
    If what you say is true and the evidence is there, where's the trial?
    04-24-2014 06:25 PM
    This discussion has wandered way off course.

So, let's get back to today's Bundy news.

I understand that all them 'patriots' are abandoning this man faster than a speeding bullet!

msndrstood likes this.
    04-24-2014 06:32 PM
    This discussion has wandered way off course.

So, let's get back to today's Bundy news.

I understand that all them 'patriots' are abandoning this man faster than a speeding bullet!

Yes, I agree. Let's get back on topic.

So surprise surprise, the man that the right wing has been putting on a pedestal for the last 10 days or so, is a racist who ponders if blacks might have been better off as slaves and happier picking cotton. Charming. And par for the course. Once again the right wing media backs the wrong horse. Apparently they didn't learn their lesson after the whole celebration of Ted Nugent they did. And Republicans wonder why they are always linked to racism so much. Things like this are why.

04-24-2014 08:08 PM
    The Bengazi embassy sent messages upon messages pleading for extra support and troops only to be denied.

And for the 5000th time, democrats and Republicans alike voted for that war from that intelligence. Blame all or blame none.

Btw, weren't the chemical weapons used on Syria's citizens last year from Iraq?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-24-2014 09:08 PM
    How can you like what palandri said then turn around and post this? You blame Bush alone for the iraq war but choose not tho blame any other republican or democrat that voted for it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-24-2014 09:14 PM
    Yes, I agree. Let's get back on topic.

So surprise surprise, the man that the right wing has been putting on a pedestal for the last 10 days or so, is a racist who ponders if blacks might have been better off as slaves and happier picking cotton. Charming. And par for the course. Once again the right wing media backs the wrong horse. Apparently they didn't learn their lesson after the whole celebration of Ted Nugent they did. And Republicans wonder why they are always linked to racism so much. Things like this are why.

Wow. I seam to remember alot of Democrats who've said some pretty racist things.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-24-2014 09:16 PM
    Wow. I seam to remember alot of Democrats who've said some pretty racist things.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I would hate to agree with you, but Democrats were kind of racist if know your history. Republicans got the 13th amendment going, and Democrats were all for slavery. Dummy how things switched from Democrats being "conservative" to them being labeled as liberals and Republicans were the most liberal ever during those times and now they are conservative.

Serial Fordicator likes this.
    04-24-2014 09:22 PM
    How can you like what palandri said then turn around and post this? You blame Bush alone for the iraq war but choose not tho blame any other republican or democrat that voted for it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    No, I don't just blame Bush, I blame his administration too. And Dems for following down the rabbit hole. But unlike you (and even some liberals) I don't want to put anyone in trial for it. Still waiting to hear why you do.

04-24-2014 09:25 PM
    No, I don't just blame Bush, I blame his administration too. And Dems for following down the rabbit hole. But unlike you (and even some liberals) I don't want to put anyone in trial for it. Still waiting to hear why you do.

Why wouldn't I? How hard is it to send extra security if for nothing else to assess a situation? Then, on top of that, blame a guy on youtube for a video? If it had been someone close to you and Sarah Palin was at fault, wouldn't you? We should hold our elected officials more responsible.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-24-2014 09:29 PM
    I would hate to agree with you, but Democrats were kind of racist if know your history. Republicans got the 13th amendment going, and Democrats were all for slavery. Dummy how things switched from Democrats being "conservative" to them being labeled as liberals and Republicans were the most liberal ever during those times and now they are conservative.

Yes but as of late also. If you look starting from Lyndon Johnson til now, there are a few. People hate no matter what the political party.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    04-24-2014 09:31 PM
    Is it bleak because it's Obama's fault or are there 100s of other politicians you aren't allowed to blame?

I feel Obama has to be svalegoatf ri everything bad. It's so bad that our POTUS has a Meme named after him:

"Thanks Obama!"

We disrespect our president in the media and online and blame him for everything and theme expect him to singlehandedly save the world. I couldn't be president because I would have cursed someone out for doing the hardest job in the world.

You wanna go through what sitting democratic members of the house and senate we're calling Bush while he was still in office? Reid and Pelosi to name two. How soon we forget! Spare me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-24-2014 09:39 PM
170 12345 ...