02-13-2015 02:25 AM
66 123
tools
    Have any links to prove that?

Really, that's why? I just did a Google search "why is california broke" and got ten different reasons on the first page. None of them had to do with "failed green policies". But nice try.

Detroit is a perfect example of why it's important for industries to get behind new technology and embrace them.
    Nice try

http://www.examiner.com/article/cali...reen-and-broke

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-28-2014 09:14 PM
    Oh so now we're posting biased rhetoric as evidence? I can do that too (both ways). Also note that the articles I'm linking are newer. And admittedly, some of them might not be biased and might actually back up their points with valid facts and numbers. These are just the top Google search results. I skimmed them and didn't see anything about "failed green policies" being the issue.

Bob Samuels: Why California Is Broke, and What We Can Do About It

WHY IS CALIFORNIA BROKE? Because They Tax The Rich... - Business Insider

Why California is broke, and Texas is not - Economy

Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Why Is California Broke?

Wolf Richter: Next Shoe To Drop In Broke California’s Lopsided 'Recovery' | naked capitalism

Fixing California: Why cities go broke | UTSanDiego.com

Scandals Show California Is Broken, Not Broke - Bloomberg
    palandri and A895 like this.
    05-28-2014 09:35 PM
    Oh so now we're posting biased rhetoric as evidence? I can do that too (both ways). Also note that the articles I'm linking are newer. And admittedly, some of them might not be biased and might actually back up their points with valid facts and numbers. These are just the top Google search results. I skimmed them and didn't see anything about "failed green policies" being the issue.

Bob Samuels: Why California Is Broke, and What We Can Do About It

WHY IS CALIFORNIA BROKE? Because They Tax The Rich... - Business Insider

Why California is broke, and Texas is not - Economy

Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Why Is California Broke?

Wolf Richter: Next Shoe To Drop In Broke California’s Lopsided 'Recovery' | naked capitalism

Fixing California: Why cities go broke | UTSanDiego.com

Scandals Show California Is Broken, Not Broke - Bloomberg
    You ask me where I read it. If you don't like the answer. Don't ask

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-28-2014 09:37 PM
    You ask me where I read it. If you don't like the answer. Don't ask

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I don't agree with the answer since none of the links I posted confirm what was said in your link. It has nothing to do with "liking" it. You said something, posted a link (which I read), didn't see any real data, and decided to search for the data. Upon not finding the data that you implied I would find, I posted the data that I did find.
    05-28-2014 09:54 PM
    What, if I may ask, is wrong with Glenn Beck? And please, if you decide to answer the question, be specific.

I'm guessing Google is a foreign concept to you guys And btw, Google rose out of California. You're not going to find industry leaders in conservative states. Do you known why? Because those states don't care to fund education, spend their resources fighting causes like gay marriage, abortion, keep all their resources locked up in old technology, and most importantly, hate free forward thinking.
    A895 likes this.
    05-28-2014 10:34 PM
    I'm guessing Google is a foreign concept to you guys And btw, Google rose out of California. You're not going to find industry leaders in conservative states. Do you known why? Because those states don't care to fund education, spend their resources fighting causes like gay marriage, abortion, keep all their resources locked up in old technology, and most importantly, hate free forward thinking.
    This is the craziest thing you've ever posted. The most liberal states are the ones in the most financial duress. In 2012 Exxon Mobil was ranked #1 in fortune 500. Based in irving tx. Walmart ranked #1 in 2013 based in Bentonville, AR. Google is ranked #73

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-28-2014 11:08 PM
    The greedy boogeymen have laid people off but it's usually a direct result of government regulations. I am sick to death of hearing about all of these rich evil people that no one can name. Sure, there are some evil ones, but there are some evil poor people too. Government can't make jobs. If the government makes a job, it's a subsidy.

Last i checked Detroit is not really a prime example of a business model. The only reason the auto makers are still afloat is because of the backs of taxpayers, mostly the middle class who barely make ends meet. Detroit was horrible because you can't run a business when the average employee makes $78 an hour, and give millions in bonuses unless you sale your product for an unbelievable price.

California is one of the brokest states due to it's failed green policies that do more harm than good. But no, noone cares where the money comes from. Just keep the yoke of burden on the taxpayers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    No boogeyman. And I can quickly name two; the CEOs and BODs of Maytag and IBM. No government regulations caused them to layoff US workers and ship the jobs overseas.

You are absolutely wrong stating that it is usually government regulations. Occasionally, yes. Usually, no.

I don't believe you checked on or no much about the US auto industry, Detroit as a business model or the bailouts.

What really happened in Detroit is not how much the workers were paid, it was that management, who negotiated and signed the labor contracts, did not do their fiduciary duty to retain the funds to cover the retirees and benefits. No one held a gun to their head! Very similar to how Congress raided the SSA funds. Now management has the hubris to blame the unions. Incredible!

And your California fantasy statement? Do you just make this stuff up?

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalert...l-economy.html

Posted via Android Central App
    05-28-2014 11:14 PM
    No boogeyman. And I can quickly name two; the CEOs and BODs of Maytag and IBM. No government regulations caused them to layoff US workers and ship the jobs overseas.

You are absolutely wrong stating that it is usually government regulations. Occasionally, yes. Usually, no.

I don't believe you checked on or no much about the US auto industry, Detroit as a business model or the bailouts.

What really happened in Detroit is not how much the workers were paid, it was that management, who negotiated and signed the labor contracts, did not do their fiduciary duty to retain the funds to cover the retirees and benefits. No one held a gun to their head! Very similar to how Congress raided the SSA funds. Now management has the hubris to blame the unions. Incredible!

And your California fantasy statement? Do you just make this stuff up?

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalert...l-economy.html

Of course you will find a few but does that mean every company or every ceo?
    Re read my statement about Detroit. Both the workers and executives are to blame.

And the state of California is broke as per the state auditor

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalert...7-billion.html

Who's making the fantasy statement and who's making anything up?

Why do I even try. No matter what I post you won't agree or even read because it doesn't serve the democratic agenda or talking points. The article says nothing about spending $44 billion of taxpayers money on saving the speckled belly woodpecker or that the evil greedy oil companies are going to steal your soul.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-28-2014 11:29 PM
    This is the craziest thing you've ever posted. The most liberal states are the ones in the most financial duress. In 2012 Exxon Mobil was ranked #1 in fortune 500. Based in irving tx. Walmart ranked #1 in 2013 based in Bentonville, AR. Google is ranked #73

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What exactly is innovative about a company that siphons natural resources from the earth, is still fighting a lawsuit by the U.S. for the Exxon Valdez oil spill, and one that exploits its workers to sell junk mostly manufactured in China?
    05-29-2014 12:02 AM
    Of course you will find a few but does that mean every company or every ceo?
    Re read my statement about Detroit. Both the workers and executives are to blame.

And the state of California is broke as per the state auditor

Capitol Alert: State auditor: California's net worth at negative $127.2 billion

Who's making the fantasy statement and who's making anything up?

Why do I even try. No matter what I post you won't agree or even read because it doesn't serve the democratic agenda or talking points. The article says nothing about spending $44 billion of taxpayers money on saving the speckled belly woodpecker or that the evil greedy oil companies are going to steal your soul.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The only way to get the true financial position of California is by researching their published financial statement.

California State Controller's Office : Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
    rexxman and palandri like this.
    05-29-2014 08:00 AM
    The only way to get the true financial position of California is by researching their published financial statement.

California State Controller's Office : Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
    Thanks for that link! Quick read of the summary shows that my native state is doing well!

05-29-2014 08:22 AM
    Thanks for that link! Quick read of the summary shows that my native state is doing well!

You are welcome rexxman. These links may also be of interest to you to get a clearer picture of California's fiduciary funds position.

2013 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report Released - CalSTRS.com

Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
    05-29-2014 10:07 PM
    You are welcome rexxman. These links may also be of interest to you to get a clearer picture of California's fiduciary funds position.

2013 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report Released - CalSTRS.com

Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
    And that's on top of the fact that Google, Cisco, and Silicone Valley are out of the Sunshine state. Even if California were to have some of the issues that some people claim they're having because of their green policies, they are forcing industries to create technologies that will eventually be used in other states/countries.
    05-30-2014 08:25 AM
    Tomorrow night on Cosmos, 01 June 2014, a scientific look at the impact of climate change on the earth's atmosphere.

http://www.cosmosontv.com/
    05-31-2014 11:19 AM
    For everybody that says "it doesn't matter if China isn't changing"

China plan to cap CO2 emissions seen turning point in climate talks | Reuters
    palandri likes this.
    06-03-2014 11:49 AM
    It's interesting how some topics just come to a halt.
    I've always enjoyed the topic.
    I do know some will point to natural climate changes from the past to argue that some of the possible adverse climate change we're experiencing today may just be all natural, but I don't see how that argument supports us humans not making efforts to desist practices that are known to be detrimental to the health of this planet.
    palandri likes this.
    02-13-2015 02:25 AM
66 123