12-09-2019 10:02 PM
34 12
tools
    University professors have done research on the FDA and found out they are CORRUPT and accept bribe money from big pharma and other corporations. The FDA approved tobacco and also opiod Oxycotin, now we have an opiod crisis and t tobacco problem. The FDA gets money, big money from these companies to "look the other way" and sell it to American people, putting their lives on the line. They use zero science when approving products. Go to your local university and ask a science professor "should the FDA be trusted?" They will laugh at you. As of right now, the head of the FDA is Scott Gottlieb, if you look at his LinkedIn he worked for big pharma GlaxoSmithKlien for 8+ years......
    Just like any other corporation. Giving an entity the same rights as human beings is the law here in the USA I believe.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-08-2019 09:38 PM
    I wouldn't want things to revert back to the way they were in 1906, when Upton Sinclair wrote 'The Jungle', which I read over 30 years ago in high school.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-08-2019 09:46 PM
    I wouldn't want things to revert back to the way they were in 1906, when Upton Sinclair wrote 'The Jungle', which I read over 30 years ago in high school.
    Not much has changed then? Why we need the FDA and USDA-screenshot_20191209_185503_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-09-2019 05:55 PM
    Not much has changed then? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191209_185503_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	314022
    I'm thinking of the description of the unsanitary conditions of the food that came out of those packing plants. The FDA is a direct result of that.
    frederickdawg likes this.
    12-09-2019 09:10 PM
    I'm thinking of the description of the unsanitary conditions of the food that came out of those packing plants. The FDA is a direct result of that.
    Ok, thanks for the clarification.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-09-2019 09:19 PM
    Just like any other corporation. Giving an entity the same rights as human beings is the law here in the USA I believe.
    The person you quoted is Flyingkytes and is a banned member in case you weren't aware.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-09-2019 09:23 PM
    Ok, thanks for the clarification.
    Sinclair's intention was to write about the plight of poor immigrants working in the meatpacking plants. However, readers, including President Theodore Roosevelt, were so infuriated by the description of the contaminated meat that the passage of the Pure Food and Drug Act happened. The official agency later became the FDA.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-09-2019 09:28 PM
    Sinclair's intention was to write about the plight of poor immigrants working in the meatpacking plants. However, readers, including President Theodore Roosevelt, were so infuriated by the description of the contaminated meat that the passage of the Pure Food and Drug Act happened. The official agency later became the FDA.
    I'll have to look into reading that book sometime.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-09-2019 09:42 PM
    I'll have to look into reading that book sometime.
    It shouldn't be hard to find at any public library. I liked it. As for the immigrants working in meatpacking plants, that's an issue yet again. The only difference is nowadays most are Latinos rather than eastern Europeans. However, the low pay and unsafe conditions are still present, even though the meat products might be safer for us to eat.
    frederickdawg likes this.
    12-09-2019 10:02 PM
34 12