06-17-2014 06:49 PM
42 12
tools
    I work for a company that has specific policies in place that only keep email for the legally required amount of time.

There are reasons that's a policy.
    Maybe for your company, but I will never be convinced that her hard drive was the only place that they were stored. This is the government and IRS that we are talking about.
    06-17-2014 02:19 PM
    Maybe for your company, but I will never be convinced that her hard drive was the only place that they were stored. This is the government and IRS that we are talking about.
    What I heard from someone being interviewed is there are 3 servers in different locations across the country that are set up as ghost servers so if one goes down, things like this don't happen.
    06-17-2014 02:36 PM
    Again if you read the story I link 2 it explain how the IRS keeps back up.

Back up are kept for 6 month after that point they become high risk of being destroyed (aka over written)
    500 meg inbox max. Anything over is backup on local machine. If said machine goes down with a crash well is lost.
    This would require you reading the link article.

- - - Updated - - -

What I heard from someone being interviewed is there are 3 servers in different locations across the country that are set up as ghost servers so if one goes down, things like this don't happen.
    would of done knowing about the backups being wiped after 6 months. yes you have 3 backups but if they are wiped after 6 months it does not matter.
    06-17-2014 02:58 PM
    Again if you read the story I link 2 it explain how the IRS keeps back up.

Back up are kept for 6 month after that point they become high risk of being destroyed (aka over written)
    500 meg inbox max. Anything over is backup on local machine. If said machine goes down with a crash well is lost.
    This would require you reading the link article.

- - - Updated - - -

would of done knowing about the backups being wiped after 6 months. yes you have 3 backups but if they are wiped after 6 months it does not matter.
    So, how are they getting emails from 2012? That's been more than 6 months.
    06-17-2014 03:10 PM
    Again I suggest you read it. I know that is asking a lot but it is in there.

They keep backups on an off site that are 6 months.
    Anything that is not in the inbox on the server is back up on the local machine in am archive file. Thing is of that machine goes down you loose your backups. They are able to get them if they included other irs employees as they are backup locally.

Either way I suggest you read as it was all explained out. Your question alone proves you failed to bother reading the short article.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    06-17-2014 03:17 PM
    Again I suggest you read it. I know that is asking a lot but it is in there.

They keep backups on an off site that are 6 months.
    Anything that is not in the inbox on the server is back up on the local machine in am archive file. Thing is of that machine goes down you loose your backups. They are able to get them if they included other irs employees as they are backup locally.

Either way I suggest you read as it was all explained out. Your question alone proves you failed to bother reading the short article.

It seems to me that they need to check the computers of any in the IRS or White House that she would have been talking to at that time. Their computers should have those records. Or did they "crash"(wink wink, nod nod) too?
    06-17-2014 03:24 PM
    It seems to me that they need to check the computers of any in the IRS or White House that she would have been talking to at that time. Their computers should have those records. Or did they "crash"(wink wink, nod nod) too?
    And low and behold on why the truth is never be known. You started with spot of guilty until proven otherwise.
    Just like the party of hate and bigotry. Also they never request those. On top of the fact the IRS would never have access to those. But let that fact be ignored.

We all know you will only be happy if the result is boom they told them to do it. No other answer. So it is not guilty until proven innocent it is just guilt screw the facts.

06-17-2014 03:31 PM
    And low and behold on why the truth is never be known. You started with spot of guilty until proven otherwise.
    Just like the party of hate and bigotry. Also they never request those. On top of the fact the IRS would never have access to those. But let that fact be ignored.

We all know you will only be happy if the result is boom they told them to do it. No other answer. So it is not guilty until proven innocent it is just guilt screw the facts.

You regurgitate the same thing over and over.
    06-17-2014 03:43 PM

You regurgitate the same thing over and over.
    If you do not like the fact that I refer to the party you support as the party of hate and bigotry, I suggest you work on fixing the party because right now vote for GOP = a vote for hate and bigotry.

Part of the reason I refer to them that was is the me fits and until they fix that fundamental key issue other they say or do matter as if they get in power they will shove the hate and bigotry down and all the good ideas are not worth that.

06-17-2014 03:46 PM
    If you do not like the fact that I refer to the party you support as the party of hate and bigotry, I suggest you work on fixing the party because right now vote for GOP = a vote for hate and bigotry.

Part of the reason I refer to them that was is the me fits and until they fix that fundamental key issue other they say or do matter as if they get in power they will shove the hate and bigotry down and all the good ideas are not worth that.

Who do they hate, and whom are they bigoted towards?
    06-17-2014 03:52 PM
    Who do they hate, and whom are they bigoted towards?
    I can point right at gay rights. Hell women's rights as well but I have to go no farther than gay rights. They actively are trying to block anything moving forward. In Texas official party platform has it in it and I know they are not the only state.

Hell that is part of the parties litmus test they have to pass to even get a chance. You have people running who are ok with stoning gays. The fact that the party does not come out and denounce them speaks volumes.
    So yes they are the party of hate. Voting for them means you back that as it is the foundation.

06-17-2014 03:58 PM
    I can point right at gay rights. Hell women's rights as well but I have to go no farther than gay rights. They actively are trying to block anything moving forward. In Texas official party platform has it in it and I know they are not the only state.

Hell that is part of the parties litmus test they have to pass to even get a chance. You have people running who are ok with stoning gays. The fact that the party does not come out and denounce them speaks volumes.
    So yes they are the party of hate. Voting for them means you back that as it is the foundation.

Source?

" women's rights as well "

Women don't have the right to kill babies, just permission from the left.
    06-17-2014 04:04 PM
    Source?
    Oklahoma GOP Candidate OK With Stoning Gay People To Death truth hurts..... This is the party you support. What is sadder is that guy is becoming more the norm then the exception.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/1...oned-to-death/

Long list from Google search...
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...fe=off&tbm=nws

Simple fact is this is the party you support.
    06-17-2014 04:07 PM

The IRS wouldn't have access to their own emails? LOL!
    06-17-2014 04:09 PM
    Oklahoma GOP Candidate OK With Stoning Gay People To Death truth hurts..... This is the party you support. What is sadder is that guy is becoming more the norm then the exception.

OK GOP candidate: Let cities decide whether gays should be stoned to death

Long list from Google search...
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...fe=off&tbm=nws

Simple fact is this is the party you support.
    So, one person is the whole party?

"Simple fact is this is the party you support".
    I certainly am not going to support a party that encourages people not to work.
    06-17-2014 04:13 PM
    So, one person is the whole party?

"Simple fact is this is the party you support".
    I certainly am not going to support a party that encourages people not to work.
    Fact is that is one example. But care to explain them actively going against gay rights. They want companies to be allowed to discriminant against gays.
    I said you have someone running who says that and the party lack of a response speaks volumes.
    I the fact that they are fighting tooth and nail to keep gays from having the fight to marry.
    Oh have it in their party platform saying the same thing?

06-17-2014 04:22 PM
    I'll add this to the sticky.

I really wish that posting a request in one thread (or in this case dozens) to stop trolling, insulting each other, etc, would be assumed to be prudent in subsequent threads. In fact, we posted exactly that. Since we're all here, I'm going to expand upon that request. We need to confine the politics nonsense to the politics section. A couple of people have been letting their politics troll face slip out in other areas of the forums. Not cool. On that note, it's not really cool here either.

"Be polite. Keep your language clean and appropriate. Refrain from personal attacks or insults to other members. Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Discrimination or harassment is not tolerated. Be courteous to other forum members regardless of their race, age, nationality, country of residence, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, political views or religious beliefs."

If that looks familiar it is because this is on literally every page of this section but several people can't get over the first two words. The bolded parts are bold for a reason. Here's the way we're looking at this: I don't care, at all, what your opinion is. If you're left, right, frog, martian I don't care. If you're being a jerk about stating your opinion, it is time to stop. If you're trying to have a productive solutions oriented discussion, by all means - but this is an Android tech forums site. There are by faaaaaaaaaar enough trolls in the parts of the forums that actually matter (some of them repeat here too) and we're not looking to sign up any more, especially in the off topic area. There are sites fully dedicated to the exploits of politics oriented trolls.

That's unfortunately where we're at. No one is looking for reasons or digging through history to "go after" anyone, but going forward notice is served.
    rexxman and palandri like this.
    06-17-2014 06:49 PM
42 12