07-18-2014 04:07 PM
484 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Did you see when Fox News couldn't believe the 2012 election and wanted a recount of votes of that state? It was hilarious!

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
    Actually, that was Carl Rove, not Fox.
    07-06-2014 11:53 AM
    Reports from a conservative-bashing media outlet? Not credible.
    07-06-2014 12:00 PM
    Jon Stewart is the best! So on point. Brilliant observationist.
    What's funny are those very few moments when you can tell he's genuinely disgusted at Fox News' bull. One of my favorites is when Fox reported on a story about Santa Clause being a white male and Stewart had to "set the record straight".

Someone should probably create a Jon Stewart thread so we can compile all our favorite clips and laugh at the red-koolaid drinkers together..... :lol (ugh I wish someone would fix that! )

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, they're actually separate entities?!?!?!
    07-06-2014 12:01 PM
    Jon Stewart is the best! So on point. Brilliant observationist.
    I love The Daily Show, one of my favorite shows on TV.

07-06-2014 05:06 PM
    No the female anchor and another Fox News Correspondent was doing the same thing, you can't fool me, it's on YouTube.

07-06-2014 05:07 PM
    My establishment news station is better than your establishment news station!!!

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.
    I submit for your consideration.... lol, sorry I have nothing to add.
    A895 and NoYankees44 like this.
    07-06-2014 06:32 PM
    I submit for your consideration.... lol, sorry I have nothing to add.
    Jon Stewart has a pretty good handle, IMO on Fox and MSNBC if you click on the link I posted and watch his appearance on Chris Wallace.
    A895 and Live2ride883 like this.
    07-06-2014 08:05 PM
    The point is, his medication would be covered, but if he gets her pregnant because the free condom broke, or the free diaphragm and spermicidal foam wasn't effective, then she'd be forced to take 4 birth control pills that are covered, rather than just take 1 or 2. The same outcome. The employer hasn't stopped anything, except he would be proud that he stood his ground (so to speak), but it wouldn't change the outcome.
    I think that's all that Hobby Lobby is looking for with respect to this Supreme Court case. They just want to stand up for their beliefs, which is what the decision allows them to do. As you say, the outcome is the same. Therefore, it makes sense to give Hobby Lobby the win.
    07-06-2014 11:22 PM
    Healthcare will in fact cover your cholesterol medications, which I guess Hobby Lobby could argue against since they don't believe in gluttony.
    The concept of gluttony is more than just overeating. It includes wastefulness and selfishness. So, someone who eats to a point where they waste food and other people go hungry would be a glutton.

Has Hobby Lobby ever indicated that they were trying to opt out of covering cholesterol medications? For that matter, has any group argued against cholesterol medications?
    07-06-2014 11:33 PM
    I honestly can not understand how someone can say that it's none of my business what goes on in their bedroom and in the next breath tell me I must subsidize it. I don't care what you do or who you do it with until it affects me.
    I think the key point is the subsidization.

For example, people have the right to freedom of religion. Still, we don't necessarily subsidize the purchase of religious materials, like bibles. Does that mean that we are violating religious people's rights because we are not offering a subsidy?
    07-06-2014 11:45 PM
    I think the key point is the subsidization.

For example, people have the right to freedom of religion. Still, we don't necessarily subsidize the purchase of religious materials, like bibles. Does that mean that we are violating religious people's rights because we are not offering a subsidy?
    We are subsidizing it. They pay no taxes, so we have to pay more to make up the difference in the long run. Just another reason why tax free status needs to be eliminated.
    A895 and msndrstood like this.
    07-07-2014 06:49 AM
    Has Hobby Lobby ever indicated that they were trying to opt out of covering cholesterol medications? For that matter, has any group argued against cholesterol medications?
    Not likely, since it's more the GOP's thing to be non-inclusive and most of the GOP's base is generally obese and impotent. I can't imagine how many Rush Limbaugh listeners an act like that would alienate.
    07-07-2014 06:51 AM
    We are subsidizing it. They pay no taxes, so we have to pay more to make up the difference in the long run. Just another reason why tax free status needs to be eliminated.
    What's worse are the activist churches that fill their sermons with why their followers need to vote a certain way. And then you look at an entity like the Catholic church, which I believe is the largest land owning entity in the world.
    07-07-2014 06:53 AM
    most of the GOP's base is generally obese and impotent.
    If you are going to make statements like that, then you need to back away from the keyboard and read the forum rules.
    Live2ride883 and toober like this.
    07-07-2014 07:50 AM
    What's worse are the activist churches that fill their sermons with why their followers need to vote a certain way. And then you look at an entity like the Catholic church, which I believe is the largest land owning entity in the world.
    Legally speaking those churches should loses their tax exempt status. By law they are not supposed to do that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    07-07-2014 10:49 AM
    Legally speaking those churches should loses their tax exempt status. By law they are not supposed to do that.

Depends on if they are preaching to vote a certain party, or to vote for the candidate that shares their beliefs.
    07-07-2014 10:53 AM
    Depends on if they are preaching to vote a certain party, or to vote for the candidate that shares their beliefs.
    Even then they are supposed to stay completely out of it.

Just no one will go after them and start making good on the threat.

07-07-2014 11:31 AM
    I was born and raised Roman Catholic and I've never in all my life ever heard a priest bring politics into a mass EVER. They are also one of the most charitable.

- - - Updated - - -

Like Rev Wright?
    07-07-2014 12:32 PM
    I was born and raised Roman Catholic and I've never in all my life ever heard a priest bring politics into a mass EVER. They are also one of the most charitable.

- - - Updated - - -

Like Rev Wright?
    Same here. I'm a Free Will Baptist. I've never heard politics in any church that I have attended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-07-2014 02:01 PM
    Correction: The only Catholic Priest I know of that pushes a political agenda in his church is Obama's friend Father Pfleger.
    07-07-2014 02:16 PM
    I

Like Rev Wright?
    Honestly yes. Not the answer you were expecting?
    &
    Now as I said before I do not expect either party to do anything. Gop would not touch Wright because they know they have much more backing them. Dems will not touch the gop side as they will scream targeting.

07-07-2014 03:34 PM
    If you are going to make statements like that, then you need to back away from the keyboard and read the forum rules.
    Oh and I forgot to add that they're extremely sensitive unless they're the ones instigating something like the whole "don't tread on me" thing....

And if you're insisting that I'm breaking some sort of forum rule, Rush Limbaugh is on a lot of "legal" drugs, **** Cheney is also on similar drugs (maybe not the ED stuff given his fake heart), so I'm not exactly sure why you think I'm violating some sort of forum rule. Right wingers tend to eat beef at a much higher rate than their vegan/vegetarian counterparts on the left. If anything, I'm stating the obvious.
    07-07-2014 07:40 PM
    Oh and I forgot to add that they're extremely sensitive unless they're the ones instigating something like the whole "don't tread on me" thing....

And if you're insisting that I'm breaking some sort of forum rule, Rush Limbaugh is on a lot of "legal" drugs, **** Cheney is also on similar drugs (maybe not the ED stuff given his fake heart), so I'm not exactly sure why you think I'm violating some sort of forum rule. Right wingers tend to eat beef at a much higher rate than their vegan/vegetarian counterparts on the left. If anything, I'm stating the obvious.
    You are nothing but an instigator. I'm out of here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-07-2014 08:13 PM
    Stating fact is far from being an instigator. The right wing are generally red meat eaters. A diet heavy in red meats leads to obesity, high cholesterol, and those are generally conditions that lead to ED.

I can understand trying to act as if I've violated some sort of forum rule in an attempt to get a moderator to give me an unwarranted infraction. You see it all the time in the NBA and lately in Soccer. I believe they term the phrase "flopping". I believe you to be flopping at this point, unless you have statistics that show right wingers that eat tofu, are generally vegetarian/vegan, shop at whole foods, and eat foreign cuisine at a higher rate than their left leaning counter parts.
    07-07-2014 08:24 PM
    Here's Rush Limbaugh's take on eating healthy and diet and let me know how I must be instigating. Rush Limbaugh Claims Exercise is A Left Wing Conspiracy
    GadgetGator likes this.
    07-07-2014 08:28 PM
484 ... 1112131415 ...