07-18-2014 04:07 PM
484 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Sure, because 401K programs are working soo well.... /sarcasm
    What does that have to do with anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-11-2014 09:23 PM
    Here... Medicare beneficiaries report higher satisfaction compared to employer sponsored insurance.
    It's great to hear that Medicare is working. Can we say the same for Veterans Affairs?

I keep hearing news about waste and mismanagement in the VA. Is that true? If it is, I think we need to fix the VA before we start trying to implement bigger government programs in the area of health care.

Our veterans sacrifice so much for the protection of our country. I think giving them the best health care is the very least we can do for them when they come home.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    07-12-2014 02:22 AM
    Now the stooges (no offense to Larry, Curly and Moe) have expanded their decision to all 20 meds!
    It appears that there is some legislation in progress that will address the issue.

Senate Democrats unveil bill to override Hobby Lobby decision -- The Washington Post (article link here)

Excerpts:

"The legislation, being introduced by Democrats in both the Senate and the House, would require all employers to abide by the contraception mandate included in the Affordable Care Act -- even if they claim to have religious objections."

"The bill would override the Religious Freedom Act, forcing most employers to comply with federal health-care requirements despite their religious objections. It would, however, include an exemption for houses of worship and an accommodation for religious non-profits."
    07-12-2014 02:33 AM
    A few more excerpts.

In response, Democrats vowed to make access to contraception a legislative priority for the remainder of the congressional term.
    Because apparently there's nothing more important our government needs to take care of than getting women their birth control.

“One thing we're going to do during this work period, sooner rather than later, is to ensure that women's lives are not determined by virtue of five white men,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said on Tuesday.
    You don't get your way, so the first and only conclusion you jump to is this, as opposed to what was laid out in the ruling. Sexism much?

“We have legislation to ensure that women continue to receive access to contraceptive coverage, even in wake of the horrible decision by Supreme Court,” Reid said.
    Nothing in the ruling blocked women from getting birth control, just certain types of companies wouldn't have to pay for it. Some people need to learn the definition of "access." As I've said before, it's like buying guns. If I want to buy one, I have access to doing so and I'm not going to expect my employer, or anyone else, to buy it for me.
    07-12-2014 10:17 AM
    A few more excerpts.

Because apparently there's nothing more important our government needs to take care of than getting women their birth control.

You don't get your way, so the first and only conclusion you jump to is this, as opposed to what was laid out in the ruling. Sexism much?

Nothing in the ruling blocked women from getting birth control, just certain types of companies wouldn't have to pay for it. Some people need to learn the definition of "access." As I've said before, it's like buying guns. If I want to buy one, I have access to doing so and I'm not going to expect my employer, or anyone else, to buy it for me.
    Have you at anytime in your life relied on an employer based health plan? Most people in this country can answer yes to that question.

Posted via Android Central App
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-12-2014 12:50 PM
    Have you at anytime in your life relied on an employer based health plan? Most people in this country can answer yes to that question.
    Relied? No. Used one that was available? Yes. I've also used a private insurance plan.
    07-12-2014 01:03 PM
    Relied? No. Used one that was available? Yes. I've also used a private insurance plan.
    Semantics. If you used it, you relied on it for something, otherwise, why use it? Just saying. Semantics.
    nolittdroid and GadgetGator like this.
    07-12-2014 01:55 PM
    Semantics. If you used it, you relied on it for something, otherwise, why use it? Just saying. Semantics.
    Semantics are important sometimes. The way you asked implies I couldn't get by without it and there was no other option. So no, I never relied on it because I used it by choice and I had other options. I also had the option to go without.

By your logic, I rely on my coffee mug because I use my own for refills instead of paying full price to use the c-store's cups.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    07-12-2014 02:43 PM
    A lot of people rely on employer-based health plans. However, I also believe that health plans don't cover everything. For example, not all drugs are covered by insurance, so if patients really want something that's not covered, they will pay for it out of their own pocket.
    07-12-2014 05:01 PM
    Semantics are important sometimes. The way you asked implies I couldn't get by without it and there was no other option. So no, I never relied on it because I used it by choice and I had other options. I also had the option to go without.

By your logic, I rely on my coffee mug because I use my own for refills instead of paying full price to use the c-store's cups.
    I don't know, a lot of people use their own coffee mugs in 7-11 and such. I can't believe we're comparing coffee mugs to Healthcare, but then again, nothing in this country makes much sense to me anymore anyway.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    07-12-2014 06:23 PM
    I don't know, a lot of people use their own coffee mugs in 7-11 and such. I can't believe we're comparing coffee mugs to Healthcare, but then again, nothing in this country makes much sense to me anymore anyway.
    Same concept, just a different amount of money involved. Still, I rely on neither.
    07-12-2014 06:44 PM
    An emotional issue designed to make one side good and the other bad. Frankly, birth control and health are unrelated issues. You want it, you get it. Other than not wanting to pay for another's procreation, do what floats the boat.

Sent via my Note 8
    07-12-2014 07:00 PM
    An emotional issue designed to make one side good and the other bad. Frankly, birth control and health are unrelated issues. You want it, you get it. Other than not wanting to pay for another's procreation, do what floats the boat.

Sent via my Note 8
    Recreation, not procreation.
    07-12-2014 08:09 PM

Sent via my Note 8
    That's if you can find a doctor to prescribe it. I can't believe we're even talking about this in 2014.

http://www.prevention.com/health/hea...th-control-ban

And birth control isn't a health related issue? 😮 You are obviously not a woman.
    07-12-2014 08:12 PM
    You want it, you get it.
    The good thing is that Hobby Lobby is willing to pay for 16 out of 20 forms of birth control, so it's not like there are zero options available.
    07-12-2014 09:11 PM
    That's if you can find a doctor to prescribe it. I can't believe we're even talking about this in 2014.
    If people are having difficulty finding a doctor, they can probably call up the companies that make the drugs. The drug companies can probably forward the contact information of local doctors who would be willing to write a prescription.
    07-12-2014 09:21 PM
    As I've said before, it's like buying guns. If I want to buy one, I have access to doing so and I'm not going to expect my employer, or anyone else, to buy it for me.
    Furthermore, your employer pays you a salary, and you can use that money to buy guns. So, in a way, your employer is helping you to get guns because if your employer didn't pay you, you wouldn't be able to get anything.
    07-12-2014 09:35 PM

There might have been other options, but you were not using them at the time clearly, therefore, at that moment in time you relied on it because you were using it.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-13-2014 05:01 PM
    I heard some references to a Scalia quote involving Native Americans that were fired from their jobs because they smoked Peyote (religious ceremonies) and were not allowed to collect unemployment. His quote pretty much contradicts his decision on the Hobby Lobby case and IMO makes him a hack.

....."To permit this would be to make the professed doctrines of religious belief superior to the law of the land, and in effect to permit every citizen to become a law unto himself," wrote Scalia, an avowed Catholic and social conservative, quoting from a century-old Supreme Court decision and giving it new life. His opinion was cosigned by four other justices.
    I guess it's ok to allow religion to supersede "law of the land" if that religion is your religion.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    07-13-2014 05:08 PM
    What does that have to do with anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because someone mentioned that privatized healthcare is superior to a single payer system.
    07-13-2014 05:11 PM
    There might have been other options, but you were not using them at the time clearly, therefore, at that moment in time you relied on it because you were using it.
    Then your logic is flawed. Once I've picked my insurance of choice, why would I want to buy other, similar, policies from other companies? Heck, doing that would be counterproductive because if you get hurt, the companies would start fighting to say they aren't the primary insurer and thus shouldn't pay the claim.

Choice =/= reliance
    07-13-2014 05:26 PM
    Recreation, not procreation.
    For the love of Peter, do your research! Birth control has legitimate medical benefits that you CHOOSE TO IGNORE to support your Fox Talking points and it's getting insulting and ridiculous to everyone involved.
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-13-2014 06:05 PM
    For the love of Peter, do your research! Birth control has legitimate medical benefits that you CHOOSE TO IGNORE to support your Fox Talking points and it's getting insulting and ridiculous to everyone involved.
    Please tell me the legitimate medical benefits of a diaphragm, condom, IUD, sponge, or other methods of birth control that are not the pill. Birth control is more than just the pill. You tell me to do my research when you clearly have not done your own. Even when referring to the pill only, the numbers using it for non birth control reasons are very small. Those numbers as percentages of the whole drop substantially when you add in other forms of birth control. Then, we must look at the obvious, IT'S CALLED BIRTH CONTROL. The name alone says it's purpose is to control birth.
    07-13-2014 07:18 PM
    Please tell me the legitimate medical benefits of a diaphragm, condom, IUD, sponge, or other methods of birth control that are not the pill. Birth control is more than just the pill. You tell me to do my research when you clearly have not done your own. Even when referring to the pill only, the numbers using it for non birth control reasons are very small. Those numbers as percentages of the whole drop substantially when you add in other forms of birth control. Then, we must look at the obvious, IT'S CALLED BIRTH CONTROL. The name alone says it's purpose is to control birth.
    CDC - Condom Effectiveness - Condom Fact Sheet In Brief

Oh and I thought this might also be informative to you...

Who Discovered The Earth is Round? – Starts With A Bang
    07-13-2014 07:24 PM
    Please answer the following for each of the 4 methods that Hobby Lobby no longer has to provide for its employees:

1) What are the other health benefits of each?

2) is there any other medication that will perform the same function?
    07-13-2014 07:29 PM
484 ... 1415161718 ...