07-18-2014 04:07 PM
484 1234 ...
tools
    Again, you need to read up on this. Hobby lobby is not against birth-control, but they are against the abortion pill , or the morning after pill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This two names aren't synonymous at all. The abortion pill is one thing the morning after pill is something else.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
    msndrstood likes this.
    06-30-2014 07:07 AM
    Think about it this way. If Hobby Lobby closes, then 16,000 people will lose their job. All because a left-wing government is forcing their will.
    Again same answer as before. 16000 jobs is chump change on the larger issue as I pointed out before.
    A ruling for hobby lobby green lights a lot of other stuff. Items we should never green light.
    But even there it would work so case be a lot less than 16000 as some one would move in and absorb a good chunk of those jobs as that money spent at hobby lobby will move to someone else. And someone will move in and fill the void. 16000 is not that many jobs and most of them are part time.
    Either way it is the larger issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    06-30-2014 07:27 AM
    Again, you need to read up on this. Hobby lobby is not against birth-control, but they are against the abortion pill , or the morning after pill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Again you are hung up on the birth control part and missing the larger issue by miles. It is over the horizon over to the west is how far you are missing the point and the larger issue.

msndrstood likes this.
    06-30-2014 07:29 AM
    . Ruling for hobby lobby would green light company not paying minimal wage as it is against their beliefs.
    Wow, you are reaching now.
    06-30-2014 07:33 AM
    This two names aren't synonymous at all. The abortion pill is one thing the morning after pill is something else.

They are okay with 16 of the 20 drugs. It's just the ones that I mentioned, or any that terminate conception that has already occurred.
    06-30-2014 07:36 AM

They are okay with 16 of the 20 drugs. It's just the ones that I mentioned, or any that terminate conception that has already occurred.

A ruling for hobby lobby green lights a lot of other stuff.
    Not if they make a narrow ruling.
    06-30-2014 07:38 AM

Not if they make a narrow ruling.
    Usually the morning after pill is just in case, there is no way to tell if there is a pregnancy just 8 or less hours after the fact.

06-30-2014 08:30 AM
    Just heard it was a 5/4 split in favor if Hobby Lobby

It was a narrow ruling too. They said this only applies to "closely held" corporations (I.e. family owned, non-publicly traded like Hobby Lobby is), not publicly traded corporations. It also only applies to exempting the 4 specific drugs in question.
    06-30-2014 09:22 AM
    Just heard it was a 5/4 split in favor if Hobby Lobby

It was a narrow ruling too. They said this only applies to "closely held" corporations (I.e. family owned, non-publicly traded like Hobby Lobby is), not publicly traded corporations. It also only applies to exempting the 4 specific drugs in question.
    Yeah watch they just green lighted a lot more.
    This court is beyond crap. The Roberts court will go down in history as the worst. Let's see ruling after ruling like this mix with having 2 justices that on any lower court would of been kicked off and disbarred for multiple conflicts of interest.

06-30-2014 09:46 AM
    *sigh* this is what is wrong with our country we allow things like this.

06-30-2014 09:47 AM
    Yeah watch they just green lighted a lot more.
    How so?
    06-30-2014 09:49 AM
    How so?
    I expect to see a few law suits challenge gay on the same grounds.

Really I have no respect for any ruling now at this point that the majority requires Scalia and Thomas to be on them. Both who would be disbarred on lower courts for multiple conflict of interest.
    In citizen United case one the the justices wife was a higher up in the group sueing and he had direct benefit in the ruling. Those 2 also go to Koch brothers meetings. Ect. If that is not conflict of interest I do not know what is.

As such any 5 4 ruling that has them on the majority is worthless as their votes should not count.

msndrstood likes this.
    06-30-2014 09:53 AM
    I expect to see a few law suits challenge gay on the same grounds.
    That's more of an absurd argument than the one the right uses that gay marriage would lead to people marrying kids and animals. This ruling only applies to a medical issue, so you can't even argue precedence for your point.
    06-30-2014 10:01 AM
    That's more of an absurd argument than the one the right uses that gay marriage would lead to people marrying kids and animals. This ruling only applies to a medical issue, so you can't even argue precedence for your point.
    How so? Is it the payment part that will hang them up you think? Other than that, how are those cases different? Basically this is going to open up a whole lot of case attempts on a variety of issues. They may think they have narrowed the ruling, but not really. They opened up the door to a lot more cases as everyone tries to see how far they can push government vs. Religion issues. They are going to be awfully busy.

Interesting how the ruling was on gender lines too. Not sure a lot of women out there will appreciate men ruling on their needs. It will be interesting to see if this affects the next few elections or not.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-30-2014 10:21 AM
    Interesting how the ruling was on gender lines too. Not sure a lot of women out there will appreciate men ruling on their needs. It will be interesting to see if this affects the next few elections or not.
    I wasn't paying real close attention when one of the protest leaders supporting the decision spoke to this, but she was saying something about how a large number of women, including judges, did support this. So doesn't sound like this was purely a gender lines issue.
    06-30-2014 10:58 AM
    I put nothing past the party of bigotry and hate. They have done crazier things lately.
    06-30-2014 11:09 AM
    I wasn't paying real close attention when one of the protest leaders supporting the decision spoke to this, but she was saying something about how a large number of women, including judges, did support this. So doesn't sound like this was purely a gender lines issue.
    It looks like it was purely on idiloigcal lines.

The conservative side has 2 corrupt justices on their side followed by more hate. It also intersting that the split on who appointed them. GOP and dem.
    06-30-2014 11:10 AM
    That's more of an absurd argument than the one the right uses that gay marriage would lead to people marrying kids and animals.
    It Begins: Pedophiles Call for Same Rights as Homosexuals « Pat Dollard
    06-30-2014 12:00 PM
    Here's the problem with their argument, children are not consenting adults.
    06-30-2014 12:15 PM
    It was a very narrow ruling. The sky is not falling, this will not create a chain of catastrophic events. The Justices were clear this ruling forbids using religious liberty to openly discriminate. What it did do is turn "birth control" into subset of coverage much like Dental and Vision for these companies. So someone claiming the employer is making healthcare decisions for a person by not offering BC is akin to the same when their plans don't include dental. If you can't afford BC, go to planned parenthood. If it's that important to you, don't work at Hobby Lobby.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    06-30-2014 12:39 PM
    It looks like it was purely on idiloigcal lines.

The conservative side has 2 corrupt justices on their side followed by more hate. It also intersting that the split on who appointed them. GOP and dem.
    If the ruling had been the opposite, you would have said that it was a great ruling. But since it didn't go your way, it is because of corrupt justices. Unreal/ smh
    06-30-2014 01:19 PM
    Fundamentally speaking:

I have actually been conflicted on this case. On one side to have the right of business owners to run their business as they please. On the other, you have the right of employees and the possible conflict of discrimination. It was an interesting case to watch...

For those worried about the possible far reaches of this ruling, where were you when the Court was ruling on the ACA? The far reaches of that ruling mean that the Federal government can require the citizens to do basically ANYTHING as long as they can somehow loosely tie it to collecting taxes. I guess it just shows that the subjective nature of the case is all that matters to you... hypocrisy at its finest.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
    anon(92475) and Scott7217 like this.
    06-30-2014 01:24 PM
    If the ruling had been the opposite, you would have said that it was a great ruling. But since it didn't go your way, it is because of corrupt justices. Unreal/ smh
    Google Thomas and Scalia conflict of interest. You will find more than once they ruled on cases they had clear conflict of interest. In any lower court they would of been kicked out and risk being disbarred.

I have a problem with this 2.

I have a problem with those 2. Any ruling that requires them to be in the majority is subject to question.

06-30-2014 01:26 PM
    Google Thomas and Scalia conflict of interest. You will find more than once they ruled on cases they had clear conflict of interest. In any lower court they would of been kicked out and risk being disbarred.

I have a problem with this 2.

I have a problem with those 2. Any ruling that requires them to be in the majority is subject to question.

Funny that you didn't talk about this until after the ruling was made. If Roberts had ruled along his party line then we wouldn't even be discussing Obamacare.
    06-30-2014 01:36 PM
    Funny that you didn't talk about this until after the ruling was made. If Roberts had ruled along his party line then we wouldn't even be discussing Obamacare.
    Oh if you had ask me my answer would of been the same.

Funny how you don't want to address a fundamental problem with the current court. Those 2 need to be replaced even if it was same ideological lines for the same fact that then questions of conflict of interest does not come up.

Robert court is by far the most corrupt court and will go down is one of the worse.

There is a belief on ACA that part of Roberts ruling was he did not want to get known for having such a bad court. Sadly it is getting worse. Even if he ruled that way it would still have the 2 corrupt justices that their ruling will always be question.

06-30-2014 01:41 PM
484 1234 ...