07-18-2014 04:07 PM
484 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I might be mistaken but aren't the Koch broa Catholic?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    I think they belong to the church of greedology.
    07-01-2014 05:40 PM
    They probably have a company that handles their 401k plan, and not be aware where the funds are being invested.
    There are investment funds that only put money into companies that meet the client's ethical and moral standards. For example, if you have an objection to smoking, you can choose a fund that doesn't include tobacco companies. Hobby Lobby should look into those types of funds.
    07-01-2014 05:40 PM
    If an argument can be made not to fund one thing based on religious objections, then why not others? I see more cases coming based on gay or HIV coverages.
    Future religious objections have to meet the requirements of the 1993 Religious Freedom Restoration Act. The Supreme Court has determined that Hobby Lobby has met these strict requirements. Other cases have failed, which is why you don't see religion getting its way in every instance.
    07-01-2014 06:19 PM
    Sex is a part of marriage because the little book of fairy tales tells you it is? What else does that book of yours tell you? Specifically, does it mention anything about greed?
    Not a book of fairytales, but the Holy Bible, which is the word of God. What does greed have to do with anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    07-01-2014 06:20 PM
    Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. Someone finally found a work-around with Obamacare, and this is it.

- - - Updated - - -

Plan B is NOT an abortion pill. This is why these decisions are better left to doctors...they actually know of which they speak.
    They have agreed to furnish 16 of the 20 contraceptives. I don't think it's a money issue. And it is really dumb for anyone to believe otherwise.

07-01-2014 06:24 PM
    Someone finally found a work-around with Obamacare, and this is it.
    We always have the possibility that new laws or amendments to existing laws can address any loopholes. If enough people put pressure on their representatives, they can change the outcome.
    07-01-2014 06:37 PM
    Plan B is NOT an abortion pill. This is why these decisions are better left to doctors...they actually know of which they speak.
    Unfortunately, the Affordable Care Act was written with an exemption for contraceptives. Plan B is not an abortion drug, but it is still a contraceptive. The Hobby Lobby case was won on the grounds that the drugs in question were contraceptives.
    07-01-2014 06:54 PM

50+ million covers anything over 50 million..
    07-01-2014 06:55 PM
    Not a book of fairytales, but the Holy Bible, which is the word of God. What does greed have to do with anything?

Yes because fitting 2 of EVERY KIND OF ANIMAL on a boat is like real and stuff.......
    A895 and nolittdroid like this.
    07-01-2014 07:02 PM
    So why does your religion have to cut in on my life? What about my religious freedom?
    There are people that believe religion has crossed the line, and they will challenge the Hobby Lobby decision, either in court or through legislation.
    07-01-2014 07:08 PM
    Yes because fitting 2 of EVERY KIND OF ANIMAL on a boat is like real and stuff.......
    Such beliefs are currently protected under the First Amendment.
    anon(92475) likes this.
    07-01-2014 07:10 PM
    Same warning as usual. Please don't make me retype it out.
    anon(92475) likes this.
    07-01-2014 07:13 PM
    Such beliefs are currently protected under the First Amendment.
    That same amendment is not used against other religions though. It seems it always comes up for protection for "Christian beliefs".

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App
    07-01-2014 07:20 PM
    That filing was from 2012, we don't know what their portfolio looks like today.
    That is true, and I hope someone can provide updated information on Hobby Lobby's portfolio. I would like to know if they changed their holdings. You would think a company founded in 1972 would take a glance at their investments every few years (if not more) just in case there was something objectionable in there.
    07-01-2014 07:26 PM
    50+ million covers anything over 50 million..
    True.

07-01-2014 07:29 PM
    That same amendment is not used against other religions though. It seems it always comes up for protection for "Christian beliefs".
    It's probably because Christianity is a very popular religion in the United States. There is a greater chance that the First Amendment will be invoked for Christians because there are simply more followers. If a different religion gains in popularity, we may see differences.
    07-01-2014 07:36 PM
    It's probably because Christianity is a very popular religion in the United States. There is a greater chance that the First Amendment will be invoked for Christians because there are simply more followers. If a different religion gains in popularity, we may see differences.
    That is not fair at all, I hope you know that.

07-01-2014 08:13 PM

If you want fair, you're throwing your lot in with the wrong party.
    07-01-2014 09:20 PM
    I have not claimed that the current situation is fair.

That being said, why haven't other religions in the United States invoked First Amendment protections as much as Christianity appears to do? Are people who follow different religions content with how their religion is treated in America?

Perhaps they do not use the protection of the First Amendment as much because they face few challenges (if any) to their beliefs or way of life.
    07-01-2014 09:20 PM
    If you want fair, you're throwing your lot in with the wrong party.
    Oh, so you are assuming who I affiliate with?

07-01-2014 09:43 PM
    Oh, so you are assuming who I affiliate with?

Only basing my opinion on previous posts from this forum. I'm sure you have a pretty good idea of where I stand on many issues as well.
    07-01-2014 09:49 PM
    Only basing my opinion on previous posts from this forum. I'm sure you have a pretty good idea of where I stand on many issues as well.
    I don't think, regardless of political affiliation or personal beliefs, Christianity shouldn't have some higher priority when it comes to the First Amendment.

Scott7217 likes this.
    07-02-2014 06:39 AM
    I don't think, regardless of political affiliation or personal beliefs, Christianity shouldn't have some higher priority when it comes to the First Amendment.
    But no rights are being violated here, no one is stopping women from seeking out those drugs on their own.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    07-02-2014 08:41 AM
    But no rights are being violated here, no one is stopping women from seeking out those drugs on their own.
    Yet, the company who provides health coverage for these women can't being themselves to go past their own religious beliefs to just provide the care that the women need.

First rule of a business is to take care of your employees or else your company fails. Seeing to make sure that they are taken care of regardless of religious beliefs makes sense to me.

07-02-2014 08:52 AM
    Yet, the company who provides health coverage for these women can't being themselves to go past their own religious beliefs to just provide the care that the women need.

First rule of a business is to take care of your employees or else your company fails. Seeing to make sure that they are taken care of regardless of religious beliefs makes sense to me.

Just to be clear, we are not talking about what women need, but their recreational activities. No one is saying they want to deny antibiotics or flu shots. The company has no say in what their employees do off the clock, why should they be forced to subsidize it?
    07-02-2014 08:58 AM
484 ... 34567 ...