11-18-2014 09:03 AM
136 ... 23456
tools
    But as I pointed out that is irrelevant. You can not control the other person. By blocking you increase problems by causing road rage.
    Plus being a vigilantly is not legal nor safe.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Why in the hell should I draw attention to myself changing lanes because someone on my bumper wants to be a total [language removed by moderator]? The Jack wagon is lucky I don't have a roof mounted rocket launcher. If he is really in that much of a hurry and I am already driving with the flow of traffic then he can damn well go around me and draw the attention and the ticket to himself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    A895 and Timelessblur like this.
    10-02-2014 08:11 AM
    Why in the hell should I draw attention to myself changing lanes because someone on my bumper wants to be a total [language removed by moderator]? The Jack wagon is lucky I don't have a roof mounted rocket launcher. If he is really in that much of a hurry and I am already driving with the flow of traffic then he can damn well go around me and draw the attention and the ticket to himself.

Here is the easy answer. The left lane is got passing only. If you are not passing you should not be in the left lane.

Being pass on the right is unsafe. Other driver is going faster than you. The first opportunity you have to move over to the right and let him pass you do it. And by opportunity means if you can move over to the right long enough for him to pass with out having to slow down due to traffic you do it.

What part of left lane is a passing lane and if you are not passing you do not belong in it do you not understand?

10-02-2014 09:01 AM
    I see so many slow inattentive idiots on the left lane of an 8 lane (both ways) highway out here so often that I think the next time I see one of those inattentive tools going so slow and bottlenecking the rest of traffic, I'm going to get in front of them and slow down so drastically that it'll force them to move the hell over. It's just extremely inconsiderate on the slow inattentive driver's part that they are so oblivious to their surroundings that they are just vegged out on the left lane. These boneheads are the cause of all road rage. I'm all for them being ticketed, and even having their license revoked since they obviously aren't focused enough on driving.

I don't care if the car behind me is traveling 150 MPH and is fast approaching my bumper, I'll move over when it's safe to and let them pass. To sit hunkered down in the left lane to spite the person(s) trying to get to their destination is the most passive-aggressive weenie-esque behavior on the road. Someone's trying to go faster than you, get over yourself already. This isn't NASCAR and you aren't the pace car of the highway.
    10-02-2014 06:33 PM
    Why in the hell should I draw attention to myself changing lanes because someone on my bumper wants to be a total [language]? The Jack wagon is lucky I don't have a roof mounted rocket launcher. If he is really in that much of a hurry and I am already driving with the flow of traffic then he can damn well go around me and draw the attention and the ticket to himself.

My thoughts.....exactly. What irks me more is that a lot of people speeding behind slower cars rarely get caught.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-02-2014 06:39 PM
    My thoughts.....exactly. What irks me more is that a lot of people speeding behind slower cars rarely get caught.

That lane isn't meant to "go with the flow of traffic". It's meant for passing. Also, if you let them pass then maybe the'll get caught.
    10-02-2014 06:44 PM

Clearly you have not been one of the speeders. I have several speeding tickets. On top of that I have seen meaning people who passed me like that and guess what i saw them on the side of the road about 30 minutes later.

So yeah they get pulled. As pointed out you a choose to be passive aggressive and causing road rage.
    As pointed out multiple time before the left lane is called a passing lane.

10-03-2014 12:33 AM
    Clearly you have not been one of the speeders. I have several speeding tickets. On top of that I have seen meaning people who passed me like that and guess what i saw them on the side of the road about 30 minutes later.

So yeah they get pulled. As pointed out you a choose to be passive aggressive and causing road rage.

Actually in my state it is an HOV lane during times considered to be rush hour. Also if you do a little research you will find that if you are in the left lane going with the flow of traffic you are not obligated to move over for some a-hole that wants to go significantly faster than traffic flow (not even in Georgia). So let the [language removed by moderator] zigzag in and out of lanes (Prairie Dog) and draw attention to themselves.

Also the [language removed by moderator] I am talking about cause road rage because they are [language removed by moderator] that think they are so important or entitled that they deserve to drive significantly faster than the flow of traffic.

A895 likes this.
    10-03-2014 05:42 AM
    Actually in my state it is an HOV lane during times considered to be rush hour. Also if you do a little research you will find that if you are in the left lane going with the flow of traffic you are not obligated to move over for some [language] that wants to go significantly faster than traffic flow (not even in Georgia). So let the a-hole zigzag in and out of lanes (Prairie Dog) and draw attention to themselves.

Also the [language] I am talking about cause road rage because they are [language] that think they are so important or entitled that they deserve to drive significantly faster than the flow of traffic.

I again point to the same answer as before. You clearly did not understand it.

If you can safely move over to let the faster person pass you and you are not going to have to slow down during that time due to other traffic then move over. Left lane is a PASSING LANE. Problem we have in the USA is people do not understand that and feel they should become enforcers and not follow the correct practice of letting faster drivers go around.
    Instead they decide I am not going to move and instead cause road rage and be well a passive aggressive jerk and we have several of them here on this board. The correct thing to do is get out of the way and let them pass instead of forcing the faster driver to pass you on the right. If you get pass on the right 9 times out of 10 you are in the wrong and should of move over.
    10-03-2014 11:30 AM
    That lane isn't meant to "go with the flow of traffic". It's meant for passing. Also, if you let them pass then maybe the'll get caught.
    Keyword being "maybe".

10-03-2014 12:46 PM

I am not passive aggressive, I refuse to have to change lanes because someone needs to go 80 in a 55. And if I am going the speed limit and someone is going to fast behind me, I get a ticket?

10-03-2014 12:48 PM
    I again point to the same answer as before. You clearly did not understand it.

If you can safely move over to let the faster person pass you and you are not going to have to slow down during that time due to other traffic then move over. Left lane is a PASSING LANE. Problem we have in the USA is people do not understand that and feel they should become enforcers and not follow the correct practice of letting faster drivers go around.
    Instead they decide I am not going to move and instead cause road rage and be well a passive aggressive jerk and we have several of them here on this board. The correct thing to do is get out of the way and let them pass instead of forcing the faster driver to pass you on the right. If you get pass on the right 9 times out of 10 you are in the wrong and should of move over.
    The problem is that this is common on 4-8 lane highways in Atl where someone can go anywhere but has to speed in that lane right behind you. That is just being a jerk to speed behind someone when the person speeding can move into any lane before I can.

10-03-2014 12:50 PM
    I am not passive aggressive, I refuse to have to change lanes because someone needs to go 80 in a 55. And if I am going the speed limit and someone is going to fast behind me, I get a ticket?

Yet you are and using the left lane wrong.

The left lane is the passing lane. If you are not passing you should not be in that lane.
    You argument is a prim example of what is wrong with drivers in the states. That is well I am going the speed limit I am fine.
    Sorry but you are in the wrong. Speed limit is not relevant. It is your speed compared to the guy behind you. If that guy is going faster move over and let the guy pass. If you refuse you are in the wrong and causing road rage. No if and or buts.

What part of that do you not understand?

10-03-2014 12:52 PM
    The problem is that this is common on 4-8 lane highways in Atl where someone can go anywhere but has to speed in that lane right behind you. That is just being a jerk to speed behind someone when the person speeding can move into any lane before I can.

On the your standard 4-8 each way lane Highway you are in the major cities things tend to be different there and not the issue. The issue is on 2 - 3 lane on each side highways running between cities. This is where the move over to the right is the issue.

10-03-2014 12:55 PM
    That is well I am going the speed limit I am fine.
    Sorry but you are in the wrong. Speed limit is not relevant. It is your speed compared to the guy behind you. If that guy is going faster move over and let the guy pass. If you refuse you are in the wrong and causing road rage. No if and or buts.

If you're doing the speed limit and the person behind you has a case of road rage, you didn't cause that. The the range is the fault of the other driver that can't control their temper when they encounter someone who is following the posted limits.
    A895 likes this.
    10-03-2014 01:13 PM
    Common sense two-lane protocol:

1. Drive in the right lane unless passing.
    2. It's OK to get in line on the passing train in the left lane. No need to pull over for anyone coming up behind you if you are keeping up with left lane passing traffic.
    3. Don't pass the passing train in the right lane and then squeeze over into the left lane when you catch up to the semi, causing the passing train to all hit their brakes just so you could pass five cars.
    4. Don't play road cop by camping in the left lane trying to get others to drive slower.

Anyone who does any of the actions described in 1-4 is "that guy." Don't be that guy.
    10-03-2014 01:14 PM
    If you're doing the speed limit and the person behind you has a case of road rage, you didn't cause that. The the range is the fault of the other driver that can't control their temper when they encounter someone who is following the posted limits.
    No if you do move over and are blocking traffic you are the cause of road rage. Also as pointed out multiple times before. If you are passed on the right 9 times out of 10 you should of moved over. What part of the left lane is for passing do you all not understand?

10-03-2014 01:16 PM
    What part of the left lane is for passing do you all not understand?
    If you're going below the limit, move over. If you're at the limit, you shouldn't be compelled to move over. What part of not putting law breakers above those following the law do you not understand?
    A895 likes this.
    10-03-2014 01:21 PM
    If you're going below the limit, move over. If you're at the limit, you shouldn't be compelled to move over. What part of not putting law breakers above those following the law do you not understand?
    So basically you choose to be a valiantly and a passive aggressive jerk insighting road rage.

As cover multiple times before the speed limit is not relevant and I question your ability to understand what passing lane means.

10-03-2014 01:23 PM
    Yet you are and using the left lane wrong.

The left lane is the passing lane. If you are not passing you should not be in that lane.
    You argument is a prim example of what is wrong with drivers in the states. That is well I am going the speed limit I am fine.

How is it road rage when I am following the actual rules of the road, not responding to jerks on the road is road rage now?

10-03-2014 01:30 PM
    On the your standard 4-8 each way lane Highway you are in the major cities things tend to be different there and not the issue. The issue is on 2 - 3 lane on each side highways running between cities. This is where the move over to the right is the issue.

Ah, then I can see moving over then, but on bigger roads and highways, no.

10-03-2014 01:31 PM
    This.

10-03-2014 01:32 PM
    So basically you choose to be a valiantly and a passive aggressive jerk insighting road rage.

As cover multiple times before the speed limit is not relevant and I question your ability to understand what passing lane means.

A lane is a lane, no one should be speeding in either one. Either way when you get to the bar bones of it, the speeder is the one causing all the extra issues that a new law has to be made that people following the already established laws has to cater to those speeders.

Does not seem right to me.

10-03-2014 01:34 PM
    In Georgia, if a motorist is driving at the speed limit and doesn't move over to allow others to pass, he or she is a law-breaker. Why are you putting a law-breaker above another law-breaker?
    10-03-2014 01:40 PM
    A lane is a lane, no one should be speeding in either one. Either way when you get to the bar bones of it, the speeder is the one causing all the extra issues that a new law has to be made that people following the already established laws has to cater to those speeders.

Does not seem right to me.

If you think that I recommend you retake drivers ed and defense driving as clearly you do not get it.

This law enforces what you should already be doing. You are increasing the chances of wrecks happening by being a passive aggressive jerk. No if and are buts.

Simple fact is the left lane is for passing. Speed limit is not relevant at all. It really simple if you are not passing you should be in the right lane simple as that. It does not attend if you are going 20 mph or a 100 mph. If you are not passing do not sit in the left lane. This is drivers ed 101.

BobLobIaw likes this.
    10-03-2014 01:44 PM
    Simple fact is the left lane is for passing. Speed limit is not relevant at all. It really simple if you are not passing you should be in the right lane simple as that.

Spot on. People who drive in the left lane in a manner that forces people to pass them on the right are just driving trolls, but they won't admit that's what they are really doing.
    10-03-2014 01:50 PM
136 ... 23456