11-18-2014 09:03 AM
136 ... 456
tools
    So addressed multiple times before the speed limit is irrelevant. Also covered under the left lane is for passing only. If you are not passing a car you so it belong in the left lane.

What part of that do you not understand?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I am trying to understand how speeders get away with so much. I don't understand how things changed from those going the speed limit are the bad people and the speeders are a O.K. Backwards logic.
    10-06-2014 10:00 AM
    I am trying to understand how speeders get away with so much. I don't understand how things changed from those going the speed limit are the bad people and the speeders are a O.K. Backwards logic.
    No never said they are.

Ideal worth both should be written a ticket. If only one can be chosen I will pick the [language removed by moderator]sitting in the left lane. Reason being is that [language removed by moderator] is causing road rage. That [language removed by moderator] is a safety issue forcing people to pass on the right. I also question that person's driving ability as not sitting in the passing lane is drivers ed 101 here. It also covered multiple times over in defensive driving.

9 times out of 10 if you are passed on the right you are in the wrong lane. These are for those 2 lanes each way high ways. Exits are all on the right and so on.

What you are not getting is speed is irrelevant here. Also on the speed all those speedos have error on them give or take a few miles per hour. Plus they are almost all analog in how we read them so error is also introduced in the reading. So yeah you might think you are going the speed limit but reality you are going under it blocking traffic.

You should never be cruising in the left lane simple as that. You still fail to understand left lane is for passing.

10-06-2014 10:07 AM
    No never said they are.

Ideal worth both should be written a ticket. If only one can be chosen I will pick the [language] sitting in the left lane. Reason being is that [language]is causing road rage. That [language] is a safety issue forcing people to pass on the right. I also question that person's driving ability as not sitting in the passing lane is drivers ed 101 here. It also covered multiple times over in defensive driving.

9 times out of 10 if you are passed on the right you are in the wrong lane. These are for those 2 lanes each way high ways. Exits are all on the right and so on.

What you are not getting is speed is irrelevant here. Also on the speed all those speedos have error on them give or take a few miles per hour. Plus they are almost all analog in how we read them so error is also introduced in the reading. So yeah you might think you are going the speed limit but reality you are going under it blocking traffic.

You should never be cruising in the left lane simple as that. You still fail to understand left lane is for passing.

Speed is irrelevant if we agree with you. He doesn't and neither do I. I agree that the left lane is for passing but if some [language removed by moderator] is going 80 mph in a 55 zone then we will all be sitting in traffic once he causes his inevitable accident. If I'm passing cars while in the left lane going 60 in the same zone, I'm not going to slow down and try to insert myself somewhere in the right lane just because johnny danger is sitting on my [language removed by moderator] because he wants to go 80.
    10-06-2014 10:23 AM
    Speed is irrelevant if we agree with you. He doesn't and neither do I. I agree that the left lane is for passing but if some [language] is going 80 mph in a 55 zone then we will all be sitting in traffic once he causes his inevitable accident. If I'm passing cars while in the left lane going 60 in the same zone, I'm not going to slow down and try to insert myself somewhere in the right lane just because johnny danger is sitting on my [language] because he wants to go 80.
    But in your case you should not have to move over.

Moving over out of the way means you change lanes get out of the way if you can move over be passed and not have to adjust your speed during the pass.

It do not sit in the left lane if you can get out of the way with out having to adjust your speed.

But more often than not you have people sitting in the left lane who have a long stretch and move out of the way never even have to change their speed. Just refusing to move over.

So yeah same argument as before.

10-06-2014 10:38 AM
    But in your case you should not have to move over.

Moving over out of the way means you change lanes get out of the way if you can move over be passed and not have to adjust your speed during the pass.

It do not sit in the left lane if you can get out of the way with out having to adjust your speed.

But more often than not you have people sitting in the left lane who have a long stretch and move out of the way never even have to change their speed. Just refusing to move over.

So yeah same argument as before.

I think the biggest difference between our arguments is I experience my scenario much more than your scenario. I drive about 100 miles a day for my commute into the cities and there are always three or four fools who think they are Indy drivers. I rarely see someone going the speed limit or slower sitting in the left lane. They always move over in my experience. This law seems like an overreaction to a nonexistent problem. Similar to voter ID laws. Its funny these government overreach laws come from the party that supposedly doesn't like big government.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-06-2014 05:31 PM
    I think the biggest difference between our arguments is I experience my scenario much more than your scenario. I drive about 100 miles a day for my commute into the cities and there are always three or four fools who think they are Indy drivers. I rarely see someone going the speed limit or slower sitting in the left lane. They always move over in my experience. This law seems like an overreaction to a nonexistent problem. Similar to voter ID laws. Its funny these government overreach laws come from the party that supposedly doesn't like big government.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I see it every day time I make the drive between Houston and Dallas.

Hell I see the sitting in the left lane when I drive on the a 20 mile stretch on the Sam Houston tollway in Houston. Now this is not rush hour often times it is on weekends when in am making that tollway driving. They just sit in the left lane not understanding move over and really only use it for passing.

You think it is an over reaction but reality it is a problem. Drivers in the USA are crap for the most part when compared to several other nations. Little things like sitting in the passing lane is part of it. Those rules are not reinforced after drivers ed.

Come on we know stop sign means stop. Red light and light rules. And oh do not speed. Fail to understand speed limit is the max speed if conditions are safe for it.

I see crazy stuff at a 4 way stop sign I drive threw every day (aka not knowing the order when people arrive at the same time)

This just falls more under the same not remember anything but the bare basics.

10-06-2014 05:37 PM
    I see it every day time I make the drive between Houston and Dallas.

Hell I see the sitting in the left lane when I drive on the a 20 mile stretch on the Sam Houston tollway in Houston. Now this is not rush hour often times it is on weekends when in am making that tollway driving. They just sit in the left lane not understanding move over and really only use it for passing.

You think it is an over reaction but reality it is a problem. Drivers in the USA are crap for the most part when compared to several other nations. Little things like sitting in the passing lane is part of it. Those rules are not reinforced after drivers ed.

Come on we know stop sign means stop. Red light and light rules. And oh do not speed. Fail to understand speed limit is the max speed if conditions are safe for it.

I see crazy stuff at a 4 way stop sign I drive threw every day (aka not knowing the order when people arrive at the same time)

This just falls more under the same not remember anything but the bare basics.

If I saw it everyday it would drive me crazy too.
    10-06-2014 07:12 PM
    If I saw it everyday it would drive me crazy too.
    Damn sometimes SwiftKey screws me. Meant to say every time I make that drive.

10-06-2014 07:19 PM
    So you've NEVER gone 1 MPH over the speed limit? That's what we're talking about. I've actually had heated discussions with someone that thought going 10 MPH over the speed limit was perfectly fine. It's like a discussion I had with someone about morality. They have no problem imposing their level of morality on other people. The funny part is their morality wasn't that good to begin with.

I think where most of you are missing the boat is that you have this scenario of someone that's going 100 MPH trying to blast past everyone and you're insisting that if you have to drive 101 MPH to appease that one crazy driver, the law must be folly. I say if you're NOT passing anyone and can safely be anywhere BUT the left lane, go ahead and practice that type of driving. The guy driving 100 MPH will eventually be stopped, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but eventually their reckless driving will catch up to them. As someone that SHOULD abide by the laws, not being in the left lane unless you're passing someone SHOULD be all you need worry about.
    10-07-2014 06:27 AM
    Current arguments in this thread against the new law and implying that people can just drive in the left lane under all circumstances are way off the rails. References to other people speeding is an absolute red herring that has nothing to do with how to properly use (and not use) the passing lane.

The current argument is akin to a kid blowing off his homework and sitting in the living room watching TV so that he can police his brother from eating cookies while the parents are away. The kid then gets sent to his room to do his homework and he protests by saying "but why does my brother get away with eating cookies?" Do your homework and don't worry about your brother eating cookies. Let your parents handle that.
    10-07-2014 01:07 PM
    Folks I realize no one has posted here in awhile.
    But....
    I was just reviewing the thread since my last post here and see numerous people not following what is at the top of the thread which is to Keep your language clean and appropriate.I have edited many,many posts from various members that either violated that guideline or circumvented around it.This is a in thread reminder to follow the guidelines .
    11-18-2014 09:03 AM
136 ... 456