12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    I would too. Society has condemned him. Stepping his head out without a huge amount of protection would get him killed. It is pretty clear these people are out for blood.

Regardless of what happens legally, his life is over. He and his family will never be able to safely return home. The "protesters" will burn his house down with them in it.
    Being a cop and killing someone under questionable circumstances will do that. Hopefully the federal investigation turns up something.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-26-2014 04:23 PM
    Lol do you even know how our legal system works? You cannot hold someone indefinitely without charging them with a crime.
    Umm, last I checked murder was a crime. Lets say the guy that shot him wasn't a cop, do you think he would be allowed to go freely without being processed? Have you ever heard the phrase, "no one is above the law"? Apparently that phrase is no longer valid.
    A895 likes this.
    09-26-2014 08:05 PM
    I would too. Society has condemned him. Stepping his head out without a huge amount of protection would get him killed. It is pretty clear these people are out for blood.

Regardless of what happens legally, his life is over. He and his family will never be able to safely return home. The "protesters" will burn his house down with them in it.
    Wow seriously? You might as well label "them" as unruly heathens. What I like is the double-standard. I'm betting you were out for blood when the 9/11 attacks happened, or when Benghazi happened. Why can't we just say that they're out for JUSTICE, especially since the Ferguson police department doesn't care about Justice.

On a side note, I find it interesting that Eric Holder is deciding to step down now after the investigation has concluded. It makes me wonder if he saw an injustice and can't do anything about it and has decided to remove himself from service because his conscience isn't in it anymore. The timing seems like it's related to Ferguson.
    A895 likes this.
    09-26-2014 08:13 PM
    Being a cop and killing someone under questionable circumstances will do that. Hopefully the federal investigation turns up something.

As I said earlier in this thread it is pretty clear you are not after justice. You and many others are going to reject anything other than he is guilty. I do not think the officers name should of ever been made public unless he is guilty as the public already judge him and wants it pound of flesh your post are showing that you want your flesh and do not care about the truth.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    09-27-2014 10:08 PM
    Umm, last I checked murder was a crime. Lets say the guy that shot him wasn't a cop, do you think he would be allowed to go freely without being processed? Have you ever heard the phrase, "no one is above the law"? Apparently that phrase is no longer valid.
    And so based on that should we lock up anyone who shoots someone even in self defense until that is concluded that it was self defense.

Also remember they can only hold someone for so long with out pressing charges and after they press charges they are going to have a limited amount of time to keep getting evidence and build as case as this will be moved to trail quickly for the public pound of flesh.

09-27-2014 10:10 PM
    As I said earlier in this thread it is pretty clear you are not after justice. You and many others are going to reject anything other than he is guilty. I do not think the officers name should of ever been made public unless he is guilty as the public already judge him and wants it pound of flesh your post are showing that you want your flesh and do not care about the truth.

It is pretty clear you are drawing incorrect conclusions from what I am saying. I said there are questionable circumstances, and all of a sudden I don't want justice? You have to at least agree that the whole thing is questionable from all sides, I don't care who you are or where you stand this ain't a clear cut situation about what the hell went down.

09-28-2014 01:02 AM
    And so based on that should we lock up anyone who shoots someone even in self defense
    From the statement alone I see where you stand on this.

09-28-2014 01:03 AM
    And so based on that should we lock up anyone who shoots someone even in self defense until that is concluded that it was self defense.

Also remember they can only hold someone for so long with out pressing charges and after they press charges they are going to have a limited amount of time to keep getting evidence and build as case as this will be moved to trail quickly for the public pound of flesh.

What's taking so long exactly? We have witnesses, we have audio evidence of what took place, and we have more than a few autopsies. If this wasn't a cop in what appears to be a community that is a great misrepresentation of its police force, we would've had a booking of the suspect, and a court date already set. Hell, I've seen police shootings in other parts of the country where the cop would've already been given a court date by now.

When it drags on this long, you can't help but wonder if there is a cover-up taking place. Considering how volatile the situation was immediately after the shooting, I can imagine anyone inside the investigation wondering if the release of what is known would be good for the community. I personally think that the information must be made public no matter how egregious. The only way you're going to rebuild public trust is by setting the truth free. Burying it for the sake of keeping things calm is only going to allow it to fester in the hearts and minds of the citizens of Ferguson.

I'm not saying that what has been found out IS a miss justice, but considering how tight lipped everyone (including the federal government) is, I can't help wonder if there's a reason for them to be tight lipped (like trying to prevent even more protests that could lead to riots given how volatile the situation is).
    A895 likes this.
    09-28-2014 06:23 AM
    It is pretty clear you are drawing incorrect conclusions from what I am saying. I said there are questionable circumstances, and all of a sudden I don't want justice? You have to at least agree that the whole thing is questionable from all sides, I don't care who you are or where you stand this ain't a clear cut situation about what the hell went down.

Oh I agree it is questionable from all sides at best.
    But you have to agree the public is not after justice. They already tried the guy and want their pound of flesh. They do not care if he is guilty or not. They already judge him.

So anything less than a guilty is unacceptable. They do not care about finding out the real truth and seeing if the issue was/is higher up the food chain. Instead it is scapegoat this guy and fry him.

09-28-2014 09:44 AM
    From the statement alone I see where you stand on this.

Honestly on this I gave up a long time ago on finding out the truth. Heck gave up right off the bat as many here are an example of the public just after their pound of flesh. I say the media was the same way just trying to make the public mad.

The fact that you react to that statement putting a logical reason why they might not of done it yet also can point at you want your pound of flesh.

If you want to know where I stand on the issue, I believe the cop is guilty but also know that the truth will never be known due to the public wants it's blood.

09-28-2014 09:47 AM
    Oh I agree it is questionable from all sides at best.
    But you have to agree the public is not after justice. They already tried the guy and want their pound of flesh. They do not care if he is guilty or not. They already judge him.

So anything less than a guilty is unacceptable. They do not care about finding out the real truth and seeing if the issue was/is higher up the food chain. Instead it is scapegoat this guy and fry him.

Oh my god, you switched it around. First you said I wanted him guilty then you switched to the public wants him guilty. He is guilty of something, what the court has to determine is guilty of what, at the very least he is guilty of taking someone's life away and I hope that stays with him.

09-28-2014 11:26 AM
    Honestly on this I gave up a long time ago on finding out the truth. Heck gave up right off the bat as many here are an example of the public just after their pound of flesh. I say the media was the same way just trying to make the public mad.

The fact that you react to that statement putting a logical reason why they might not of done it yet also can point at you want your pound of flesh.

If you want to know where I stand on the issue, I believe the cop is guilty but also know that the truth will never be known due to the public wants it's blood.

The truth won't be known if for any reason because the police department and courts there want to bury the whole thing and the cop has no repercussions besides paid leave.

What the public wants does not go with what is fact and truth. If the cop was in the right, the public will accept it in time but if he really did shoot him in cold blood he should be held responsible public feelings shouldn't even be a factor.

09-28-2014 11:29 AM
    Oh my god, you switched it around. First you said I wanted him guilty then you switched to the public wants him guilty. He is guilty of something, what the court has to determine is guilty of what, at the very least he is guilty of taking someone's life away and I hope that stays with him.

Well you said that you wanted the truth. I gave you the benefits of the doubt. But if you can not accept that then I question even giving it to you. Instead you go to insults.

09-28-2014 11:29 AM
    Well you said that you wanted the truth. I gave you the benefits of the doubt. But if you can not accept that then I question even giving it to you. Instead you go to insults.

I haven't insulted anyone. I am all for the truth, as I said in my other post.

09-28-2014 06:03 PM
    Wow seriously? You might as well label "them" as unruly heathens. What I like is the double-standard. I'm betting you were out for blood when the 9/11 attacks happened, or when Benghazi happened. Why can't we just say that they're out for JUSTICE, especially since the Ferguson police department doesn't care about Justice.

On a side note, I find it interesting that Eric Holder is deciding to step down now after the investigation has concluded. It makes me wonder if he saw an injustice and can't do anything about it and has decided to remove himself from service because his conscience isn't in it anymore. The timing seems like it's related to Ferguson.
    Nah...he had been planning to step down for awhile now. The question is, who will want a two year gig as a replacement?

Posted via Android Central App
    A895 likes this.
    09-29-2014 12:44 AM
    Nah...he had been planning to step down for awhile now. The question is, who will want a two year gig as a replacement?

True, but the timing seems a little interesting. At least he didn't step down before he launched the investigation. I still find it rather disheartening that it's taken this long to hear anything about whether or not the cop is going to face charges. I can understand why the black population of Ferguson is so frustrated.

When I was in College I had a black friend and on occasion we would cruise around just to cruise. Some cruises would take us through some nice neighborhoods. On more than a few occasions (mostly when he was driving, not surprisingly) we would get pulled over by the cops and the reasons they'd give us for pulling him over were outrageous (One reason was the cop claimed that there was a local bank robbery and my friend's car fit the description of the getaway car). I've seen first hand how people of color are treated differently and have empathy for their frustration. Most people posting in here that insist this isn't such a big deal have no idea what it's like to have society treat you differently because of the color of your skin. If I hadn't seen it first hand, I'd probably think the same. It's just a shame that there are so many people that are ok with our societal mistreatment.
    A895 likes this.
    09-29-2014 05:22 AM

No matter who Obama selects they'll be in for a rough ride.
    A895 likes this.
    09-29-2014 09:21 AM
    True. Which is why I am wondering who would even want the job. Short term, lots of stress. No thanks!

palandri and A895 like this.
    09-30-2014 01:29 AM
    I can see the confirmation hearings already.
    palandri and A895 like this.
    09-30-2014 06:28 AM
    Off-duty officer shoots, kills man in St. Louis - CNN.com

...and there's another one. This time the kid shot at the officer and the public is again, finding a reason to act like criminals themselves. Those who vandalize police cars should be arrested, those who laid a hand on cops should also be booked. At what point in time do we consider that these people are just looking for a reason to act unruly.

NEWS FLASH TO THE RESIDENTS OF MISSOURI, IF YOU POINT A GUN AT A COP YOU ARE LIKELY TO GET SHOT, IF YOU SHOOT AT A COP, YOU WILL LIKELY PASS GO, PASS THE JAILHOUSE AND PROCEED TO THE MORGUE.
    10-09-2014 10:50 AM

...and there's another one. This time the kid shot at the officer and the public is again, finding a reason to act like criminals themselves. Those who vandalize police cars should be arrested, those who laid a hand on cops should also be booked. At what point in time do we consider that these people are just looking for a reason to act unruly.

NEWS FLASH TO THE RESIDENTS OF MISSOURI, IF YOU POINT A GUN AT A COP YOU ARE LIKELY TO GET SHOT, IF YOU SHOOT AT A COP, YOU WILL LIKELY PASS GO, PASS THE JAILHOUSE AND PROCEED TO THE MORGUE.
    There needs to be a thorough independent investigation. All we have here is the cops statement. Remember Detective Mark Fuhrman? He lied like there was no tomorrow on national TV.

Here's another recent example of the Police being too aggressive. There's a big different between being assertive and being aggressive. A lot of it just has to do with approach. It you approach someone aggressively, you'll get an aggressive response. This was a seat belt traffic stop, it's not even a crime, it's a violation of an ordinance that should have NEVER escalated to the point that it did. The cops should be charged with criminal damage to property.

A895 likes this.
    10-09-2014 03:13 PM

Maybe you need to take your caps lock off and relax.

palandri likes this.
    10-09-2014 03:20 PM

You have a pillow case with 2 holes cut out in your possession don't you?
    A895 likes this.
    10-11-2014 11:58 AM
    "These people" as in the protesters, but go ahead and insinuate that I'm a racist or a Klansman (Nice attempt at a cheap shot). I see people of all race and creed at these protest rallies, but in all honesty I don't care what color their skin is. You seem focused on it because it's the "easy out" to try and make someone turtle away from the discussion when zero intelligent thought becomes the end result. I'm focused on the action of certain human beings, irregardless of what they look like. Go look back and you know for a fact I was equally as harsh on the idiots who were involved in that ranchers protest/standoff. I was very clear then when I stated that if you point a gun at any federal agent you deserve to be put in jail and/or shot (Bundy thread and post 85 in this thread). If I were you I would look at the totality and history of someones positions before you attack their character. That goes for anyone who "Thanked" or "Liked" the above absurd statement.

*Mods I'm not attacking anyone. Don't close down the thread, don't give him a warning, don't ban him. I'm merely defending myself from someone and those who agree with him (A895) who's insinuating I belong to the KKK. I'm a big boy and can handle it myself respectfully and tactfully.
    10-13-2014 09:36 AM
    "These people" as in the protesters, but go ahead and insinuate that I'm a racist or a Klansman (Nice attempt at a cheap shot). I see people of all race and creed at these protest rallies, but in all honesty I don't care what color their skin is. You seem focused on it because it's the "easy out" to try and make someone turtle away from the discussion when zero intelligent thought becomes the end result. I'm focused on the action of certain human beings, irregardless of what they look like. Go look back and you know for a fact I was equally as harsh on the idiots who were involved in that ranchers protest/standoff. I was very clear then when I stated that if you point a gun at any federal agent you deserve to be put in jail and/or shot (Bundy thread and post 85 in this thread). If I were you I would look at the totality and history of someones positions before you attack their character. That goes for anyone who "Thanked" or "Liked" the above absurd statement.

*Mods I'm not attacking anyone. Don't close down the thread, don't give him a warning, don't ban him. I'm merely defending myself from someone and those who agree with him (A895) who's insinuating I belong to the KKK. I'm a big boy and can handle it myself respectfully and tactfully.
    If you were trying to make a point, taking the caps lock off and making coherent well thought out posts would be the better way to do it.
    10-13-2014 10:25 AM
662 ... 1011121314 ...