12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    If you were trying to make a point, taking the caps lock off and making coherent well thought out posts would be the better way to do it.
    There is nothing about that statement about pointing a gun or shooting at a cop that is incoherent simply because the letters are larger (caps lock). In fact it is generally an accepted rule by 99% of the general population. Doesn't require a Ph.D or 8yrs of post-graduate work to realize that it is a well accepted ethos in our society.
    10-13-2014 12:19 PM
    There is nothing about that statement about pointing a gun or shooting at a cop that is incoherent simply because the letters are larger (caps lock). In fact it is generally an accepted rule by 99% of the general population. Doesn't require a Ph.D or 8yrs of post-graduate work to realize that it is a well accepted ethos in our society.
    And what is your point? Shoot at cop or point gun at cop and get bullet in chest? I see no reason that had anything to do with Ferguson at all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-13-2014 12:56 PM
    And what is your point? Shoot at cop or point gun at cop and get bullet in chest? I see no reason that had anything to do with Ferguson at all.

Pretty sure I said that AFTER I mentioned there was another police shooting in St. Louis where the kid shot at the cop 3 times.

However there is a small tie in with Ferguson. When word got out, protesters from Ferguson immediately headed on over for some good old fashioned civil disobedience.
    10-13-2014 01:06 PM
    Pretty sure I said that AFTER I mentioned there was another police shooting in St. Louis where the kid shot at the cop 3 times.

However there is a small tie in with Ferguson. When word got out, protesters from Ferguson immediately headed on over for some good old fashioned civil disobedience.
    Maybe they are tired of people being shot. Cops in the area aren't making that whole Ferguson situation any more calmer.

10-13-2014 02:21 PM
    Maybe they are tired of people being shot. Cops in the area aren't making that whole Ferguson situation any more calmer.

Well in the case of the kid in St. Louis the answer to that question is quite obvious. Cops in Ferguson have to be on the streets to protect local businesses who want nothing to do with the demonstrations. Civil disobedience should be met with resistance and anyone breaking any laws should be arrested. If someone is stupid enough to try and goat a cop into use of force, they have to live with the outcome.
    A895 likes this.
    10-13-2014 02:49 PM
    Well in the case of the kid in St. Louis the answer to that question is quite obvious. Cops in Ferguson have to be on the streets to protect local businesses who want nothing to do with the demonstrations. Civil disobedience should be met with resistance and anyone breaking any laws should be arrested. If someone is stupid enough to try and goat a cop into use of force, they have to live with the outcome.
    Didn't mean to like your post, but people don't have to always be met with EXTREME force. That is what the issue is. Protect and serve my ***, they are using citizens as target practice.

10-13-2014 02:53 PM
    Didn't mean to like your post, but people don't have to always be met with EXTREME force. That is what the issue is. Protect and serve my ***, they are using citizens as target practice.

You do agree that if you shoot at a cop you are likely going to get killed. Or is there a number of bullets the Cop should take before they are free to return fire? Numerous cops have been shot at in Ferguson, one hit. I don't recall hearing any other citizen being shot and/or killed?
    10-13-2014 03:36 PM
    You do agree that if you shoot at a cop you are likely going to get killed. Or is there a number of bullets the Cop should take before they are free to return fire? Numerous cops have been shot at in Ferguson, one hit. I don't recall hearing any other citizen being shot and/or killed?
    Shooting at cops I understand but being shot unarmed I don't agree with. There have been multiple death by cops in the past couple months. Have you heard of the man killed in NY by a cop recently?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/10/09...etain-him.html

10-13-2014 06:36 PM
    Shooting at cops I understand but being shot unarmed I don't agree with. There have been multiple death by cops in the past couple months. Have you heard of the man killed in NY by a cop recently?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/10/09...etain-him.html

I'm talking about in Ferguson. I'm not talking nation wide here. The percent of encounters with police that don't result in death (right or wrong) vs. those that do is likely minuscule on a national level.

BTW...his asthma killed him, the cop didn't. Your gonna blame a cop for chasing a guy with a warrant? There was ZERO force outside of tackling him. They then uncuff him and administer his inhaler, CPR, ect and the boy dies? If you have that severe of asthma, maybe you should run from the cops in the first place? Cliffnotes......a man with a warrant out for his arrest runs from cops and despite all live saving measures taken by the same cops who chased him failed, he dies. Just out of sheer morbid curiosity am I gonna ask this question. What part of any of this is the boy responsible for? I literally sitting her laughing that you see any wrong the cops did here. Maybe we should just request all criminals turn themselves in whenever they feel like it? The cops will stop trying to apprehend you, just come on in to the station when you get the chance. lol
    10-13-2014 07:18 PM
    I'm talking about in Ferguson. I'm not talking nation wide here. The percent of encounters with police that don't result in death (right or wrong) vs. those that do is likely minuscule on a national level.

BTW...his asthma killed him, the cop didn't. Your gonna blame a cop for chasing a guy with a warrant? There was ZERO force outside of tackling him. They then uncuff him and administer his inhaler, CPR, ect and the boy dies? If you have that severe of asthma, maybe you should run from the cops in the first place? Cliffnotes......a man with a warrant out for his arrest runs from cops and despite all live saving measures taken by the same cops who chased him failed, he dies. Just out of sheer morbid curiosity am I gonna ask this question. What part of any of this is the boy responsible for? I literally sitting her laughing that you see any wrong the cops did here. Maybe we should just request all criminals turn themselves in whenever they feel like it? The cops will stop trying to apprehend you, just come on in to the station when you get the chance. lol
    The point

😐 Your Head

10-13-2014 08:31 PM
    ...BTW...his asthma killed him, the cop didn't. Your gonna blame a cop for chasing a guy with a warrant? There was ZERO force outside of tackling him. They then uncuff him and administer his inhaler, CPR, ect and the boy dies? If you have that severe of asthma, maybe you should run from the cops in the first place? Cliffnotes......a man with a warrant out for his arrest runs from cops and despite all live saving measures taken by the same cops who chased him failed, he dies. Just out of sheer morbid curiosity am I gonna ask this question. What part of any of this is the boy responsible for? I literally sitting her laughing that you see any wrong the cops did here. Maybe we should just request all criminals turn themselves in whenever they feel like it? The cops will stop trying to apprehend you, just come on in to the station when you get the chance. lol
    Once again, you don't have all the facts yet. You have only heard one side of the story. You need to wait until after autopsy. There was noticeable bruising to his chest, sides and neck, was that a natural part of what happens to a corpse, or will the autopsy show it was excessive force that caused the death?
    A895 likes this.
    10-13-2014 10:04 PM
    Once again, you don't have all the facts yet. You have only heard one side of the story. You need to wait until after autopsy. There was noticeable bruising to his chest, sides and neck, was that a natural part of what happens to a corpse, or will the autopsy show it was excessive force that caused the death?
    Couldn't you say the same given the fact it was given as an example of a "cop killing an unarmed man"? Or do we just assume the cop killed him wrongfully and wait for any evidence to exonerate him.
    10-13-2014 10:21 PM
    Couldn't you say the same given the fact it was given as an example of a "cop killing an unarmed man"? Or do we just assume the cop killed him wrongfully and wait for any evidence to exonerate him.
    He was unarmed and died under police custody.

10-13-2014 10:27 PM

His asthma killed him after being locked in a chokehold. Much like my bleeding killed me after being shot.

A895 likes this.
    10-13-2014 10:41 PM
    He was unarmed and died under police custody.

They provided CPR and his inhaler. You want them to trach him with a Bic pen in the field?

A man in NY died due to cardiac arrest when he was high in PCP while in custody. He was in full upper body restraints and headed to Bellevue for a psychiatric hold. I guess you'd think the cops were at fault there too huh?
    10-13-2014 10:42 PM
    They provided CPR and his inhaler. You want them to trach him with a Bic pen in the field?

A man in NY died due to cardiac arrest when he was high in PCP while in custody. He was in full upper body restraints and headed to Bellevue for a psychiatric hold. I guess you'd think the cops were at fault there too huh?
    You're off the charts. They choked him to death.

A895 likes this.
    10-13-2014 10:45 PM
    You're off the charts. They choked him to death.

Do we know he got choked? Choking him to death and inducing an asthma attack by restraining him are not the same things. If it's the latter its accidental at best. Police aren't gonna get a complete health history before they have to chase you. Daddy said he wouldn't run, ya know how many times we've heard parents say "oh no, not my child".

If he didn't evade, if he froze and followed the lawful orders of the police, he'd still be alive. That's a fact.
    10-13-2014 11:11 PM
    Do we know he got choked? Choking him to death and inducing an asthma attack by restraining him are not the same things. If it's the latter its accidental at best. Police aren't gonna get a complete health history before they have to chase you. Daddy said he wouldn't run, ya know how many times we've heard parents say "oh no, not my child".

If he didn't evade, if he froze and followed the lawful orders of the police, he'd still be alive. That's a fact.
    Split those hairs. I saw the video. He was choked to death.

A895 likes this.
    10-13-2014 11:13 PM
    Split those hairs. I saw the video. He was choked to death.

Please provide a link to the video please. I have a feeling you are confusing two different incidents.
    10-13-2014 11:18 PM
    Please provide a link to the video please. I have a feeling you are confusing two different incidents.
    Please look up the video. I'm not going to walk you through it. I'm talking about the New York man who was strangled to death by the NYPD. Supposedly for selling smokes.

A895 likes this.
    10-13-2014 11:25 PM
    Please look up the video. I'm not going to walk you through it. I'm talking about the New York man who was strangled to death by the NYPD. Supposedly for selling smokes.

Thats what I thought, that's not the same case (the link A895 posted). Your talking about a completely different case/incident. You are talking about Eric Garner, not Daniel Levitt Jr.
    10-13-2014 11:31 PM
    I don't even understand what you're trying to say with that statement.

I don't speak until I have all the facts, so I don't immediately state my opinion until I have all the facts. That's called speaking responsibility.
    10-13-2014 11:54 PM
    "These people" as in the protesters, but go ahead and insinuate that I'm a racist or a Klansman (Nice attempt at a cheap shot). I see people of all race and creed at these protest rallies, but in all honesty I don't care what color their skin is. You seem focused on it because it's the "easy out" to try and make someone turtle away from the discussion when zero intelligent thought becomes the end result. I'm focused on the action of certain human beings, irregardless of what they look like. Go look back and you know for a fact I was equally as harsh on the idiots who were involved in that ranchers protest/standoff. I was very clear then when I stated that if you point a gun at any federal agent you deserve to be put in jail and/or shot (Bundy thread and post 85 in this thread). If I were you I would look at the totality and history of someones positions before you attack their character. That goes for anyone who "Thanked" or "Liked" the above absurd statement.

*Mods I'm not attacking anyone. Don't close down the thread, don't give him a warning, don't ban him. I'm merely defending myself from someone and those who agree with him (A895) who's insinuating I belong to the KKK. I'm a big boy and can handle it myself respectfully and tactfully.
    The fact that you say "these people" establishing here that you meant the protesters and are calling them "unruly" only shows that you don't have empathy. Certain other groups don't have empathy either. For me to ask if you had the same gear as those types of groups seems perfectly logical to me.

What's sad here is that you don't even see what they're protesting, all you just see an "unruly mob". Do you want to know what I see? I see a group of frustrated U.S. CITIZENS that want their CIVIL RIGHTS, a group of frustrated U.S. CITIZENS that want JUSTICE. If all you see is color and not a group of people that are tired of having their CIVIL RIGHTS violated, then I don't know what to tell you. Justice is SUPPOSED to be color blind hence the blind fold, but if you're perfectly fine with this INJUSTICE, then you must not know what it means to be a citizen of the United States.
    A895 and Scott7217 like this.
    10-14-2014 07:04 PM
    The fact that you say "these people" establishing here that you meant the protesters and are calling them "unruly" only shows that you don't have empathy. Certain other groups don't have empathy either. For me to ask if you had the same gear as those types of groups seems perfectly logical to me.

What's sad here is that you don't even see what they're protesting, all you just see an "unruly mob". Do you want to know what I see? I see a group of frustrated U.S. CITIZENS that want their CIVIL RIGHTS, a group of frustrated U.S. CITIZENS that want JUSTICE. If all you see is color and not a group of people that are tired of having their CIVIL RIGHTS violated, then I don't know what to tell you. Justice is SUPPOSED to be color blind hence the blind fold, but if you're perfectly fine with this INJUSTICE, then you must not know what it means to be a citizen of the United States.
    I was pretty clear in my opinion of protesters in both instances, in which I can care less about the color of anyone's skin and I never brought it up. If you don't see some people acting unruly then you are blind. I don't have to have empathy for people engaging in criminal activity. The fact you want to label me a racist by insinuating I have a white hood despite my consistent stance is cowardly and borders on slanderous to put it kindly.

We've seen the official autopsy leaked out and all accounts are starting to reveal the cops story was truthful. Brown attacked the cop in the car. Might explain why this thread has been silent for 10 days. Now it just boils down to delaying the grand jury ruling till after Nov 4th and then brace for those who have threatened that the streets will run red if the cop isn't indicted. Like some in this thread who have proclaimed the cop better be charged or else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A
    10-24-2014 11:03 PM
    I was pretty clear in my opinion of protesters in both instances, in which I can care less about the color of anyone's skin and I never brought it up. If you don't see some people acting unruly then you are blind. I don't have to have empathy for people engaging in criminal activity. The fact you want to label me a racist by insinuating I have a white hood despite my consistent stance is cowardly and borders on slanderous to put it kindly.

We've seen the official autopsy leaked out and all accounts are starting to reveal the cops story was truthful. Brown attacked the cop in the car. Might explain why this thread has been silent for 10 days. Now it just boils down to delaying the grand jury ruling till after Nov 4th and then brace for those who have threatened that the streets will run red if the cop isn't indicted. Like some in this thread who have proclaimed the cop better be charged or else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A
    He does need to be charged, I don't care who it is, killing someone should be the LAST resort. Do cops not have tazers, batons, police training, anything? All he had on him was a gun? That is what does not sit right with me, people keep trying to justify murder, when killing anyone should be the last thing you do, not the first.
    palandri likes this.
    10-26-2014 11:03 AM
662 ... 1112131415 ...