12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    No indictment. Expect Riots in the streets across communities evrywhere. And it is all because of people giving false witness testimonies. Don't go off of what you heard, you have say what you saw, and if you didn't see anything, keep it moving.

Posted via Razr M on the Android Central App
    As I said earlier in this thread. The public does not care about the truth. They just want their pound of flesh.
    The media was a judge and jury. They decided he was guilty from the beginning and played it up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-24-2014 09:32 PM
    If you ever watch the movie, My Cousin Vinny, Joe Pesci's character doesn't fight to throw out the murder charges so that a trial can begin right away. He tells his clients: "You killed a good ol' boy. There is no way this is not going to trial!"

Looking back, it would have been nice to get an indictment and have this go to trial. Michael Brown's family wants it. The people of Ferguson want it, too.

There are other reasons to hold a trial that may be less than noble. The 24-hour news channels want it so that they can run constant coverage and charge more for their commercials. The style channels want it so they can talk about the latest fashion that the attorneys are wearing. The late-night comedians want it because they want to crack jokes about the judge.

At this point, maybe the Brown family will just initiate a civil suit in court.
    That's exactly how our legal system should proceed from this point on. Don't submit evidence to the grand jury, just ask the family and 20 residents what they want.
    11-24-2014 09:33 PM
    Evidence is being uploaded as we speak:
    http://apps.stlpublicradio.org/fergu.../evidence.html

Also, the good and peaceful protesters seem to be rioting and setting fire to everything easily burned. I am sure the innocent property owners appreciate it...

Sent from my XT1096
    11-24-2014 11:19 PM
    Evidence is being uploaded as we speak:
    http://apps.stlpublicradio.org/fergu.../evidence.html

Also, the good and peaceful protesters seem to be rioting and setting fire to everything easily burned. I am sure the innocent property owners appreciate it...

Sent from my XT1096
    They should have eased into it, educating the community that public outrage and rioting is bad and hurts everyone. But no, they got a small army instead that was armed to the teeth, like that would help any.

11-24-2014 11:29 PM
    As I said earlier in this thread. The public does not care about the truth. They just want their pound of flesh.
    The media was a judge and jury. They decided he was guilty from the beginning and played it up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Are you sure you watched the news? They played Michael Brown like he was a gangster robbing stores daily. The media was no friend to Michael Brown and his supporters at ALL.

11-24-2014 11:31 PM
    Are you sure you watched the news? They played Michael Brown like he was a gangster robbing stores daily. The media was no friend to Michael Brown and his supporters at ALL.

I stop paying any attention to it a long time ago because any hope of finding out the truth was destroyed by bloodlust of the public and the media trying to keep the crap storm going. Far to many people decided early on the cop was guilty. Evedance be damned. The riot is massive proof of this.

I am no surprised they called in the troops. They knew it was going to be bad no matter what.

But none of that changes the fact people want their pound of flesh.
    11-24-2014 11:59 PM
    Everything about this entire situation just sucks. Ugh
    A895 likes this.
    11-25-2014 12:51 AM
    They should have eased into it, educating the community that public outrage and rioting is bad and hurts everyone. But no, they got a small army instead that was armed to the teeth, like that would help any.
    They did try telling people to keep it civil, but also knew this could blow up. Anything short of full readiness for rioting would have been seen as the city being ill prepared and then you'd have everyone wanting the leaders heads to roll for not handling the problem. Which would you have preferred happen?
    11-25-2014 06:50 AM
    They did try telling people to keep it civil, but also knew this could blow up. Anything short of full readiness for rioting would have been seen as the city being ill prepared and then you'd have everyone wanting the leaders heads to roll for not handling the problem. Which would you have preferred happen?
    They talk to the community instead of treating them like uncivilized people. That is why the situation is so bad in Ferguson in the first place, they don't want to talk to the community and listen to what they have to say, they automatically assumed the worst and got the worst.

Trying to tell people to be civil is talking down to people. That is condescending. You have to talk to the community face to face and make then understand what is happening and what can happen, and what can't happen anymore. They are regular people just like you and me and deserve the courtesy and respect and not treating them as if they are unruly crazies who don't know how to act.

It is upsetting that leadership of the city of Ferguson is so damn incompetent.

11-25-2014 07:09 AM
    I stop paying any attention to it a long time ago because any hope of finding out the truth was destroyed by bloodlust of the public and the media trying to keep the crap storm going. Far to many people decided early on the cop was guilty. Evedance be damned. The riot is massive proof of this.

I am no surprised they called in the troops. They knew it was going to be bad no matter what.

But none of that changes the fact people want their pound of flesh.
    That is only becaise no one talk to them like citizens, if they made the people.understand from the get go that they want get an indictment instead of withholding evidence and being quiet and secretive, this had gone a lot smoother, they refuse to have any conversation with the community.

11-25-2014 07:10 AM
    That is only becaise no one talk to them like citizens, if they made the people.understand from the get go that they want get an indictment instead of withholding evidence and being quiet and secretive, this had gone a lot smoother, they refuse to have any conversation with the community.
    If any evidence was withheld, blame the prosecutor from withholding it from the grand jury. The general public is not by default privy to see evidence of cases, and it's also not normal from what I've heard for evidence to be released to the public in a grand jury case where there is no indictment.

The leaders did try address the crowds as best they could, but people weren't willing to listen to reason. They wanted to violate due process and not wait for the investigations. Even now you have Al Sharpton (or was it Jessie Jackson? The two always show up to instigate) saying the fight isn't over. That's just as bad as telling them to settle down. Do you call them out for keeping tensions stirred up too and blocking civil discourse?
    11-25-2014 08:05 AM
    If any evidence was withheld, blame the prosecutor from withholding it from the grand jury. The general public is not by default privy to see evidence of cases, and it's also not normal from what I've heard for evidence to be released to the public in a grand jury case where there is no indictment.

The leaders did try address the crowds as best they could, but people weren't willing to listen to reason. They wanted to violate due process and not wait for the investigations. Even now you have Al Sharpton (or was it Jessie Jackson? The two always show up to instigate) saying the fight isn't over. That's just as bad as telling them to settle down. Do you call them out for keeping tensions stirred up too and blocking civil discourse?
    They did not try to address crowds, they tried to TELL crowds. Telling people what to do instead of talking to them like normal human beings is the wrong way to go about it. And why does everyone keep brining up Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson? They weren't there where it mattered which is at the U.N. meeting where Michael Browns mother was at.

I don't care for either of them. Let's focus on the fact the leaders of the city decided to bring an army. Let's talk about how they refused to try to deescalate the situation by having a public meeting, let's talk about how they wanted go be secretive on details on a case that is literally making people riot, burn down places, and shoot guns.

Thus is one of those times you do everything in your power as a leader to try to deescalate tensions as much as possible. They failed to.open that dialogue when they had a chance to do so. I condemn the leaders of the city, the rioters burning down places, the looters and those with guns. But most of all I condemn the police department for having an Ill represented police force that had a historic record of abusal of power against the community who could have cut this off so none of this happened.

The problem is peole think this is all about Michael Browns case and it is the main issue but thus much violence and anger is a long time coming from years of similar situations, that can be repeated in communities across the nation. I have seen too many videos where police abuse their power in hurting , shooting or threatening minorities.

Hell, I was racially profiled before. Police forces across the country need to change in predominantly black communities otherwise there will be riots similar to Ferguson in similar situations.

GadgetGator likes this.
    11-25-2014 08:29 AM
    Ferguson: Businesses Ablaze, Bullets Fly in Overnight Mayhem Over Grand Jury - NBC News

Watch the video clips...

This is COMPLETELY unacceptable. Every one of the people on the streets last night should be held financially liable for all the damage, public and private. These people have no case anymore as far as I am concerned. Throwing bricks is one thing, but these people are destroying others' livelihoods. They do not care about racism or oppression. All they care about is their own selfish wants.
    11-25-2014 08:58 AM
    I'm in favor of shooting looters, no matter what skin color or religion they are!!! When a protest turns into a riot, then it's time to start using rubber bullets. The Governor of Missouri punked out by not issuing that order. He is in charge of the State Militia, unless it gets federalized. Since most people went "shopping with a brick", i guess there's enough Christmas presents to go around this year.
    11-25-2014 09:29 AM
    Ferguson: Businesses Ablaze, Bullets Fly in Overnight Mayhem Over Grand Jury - NBC News

Watch the video clips...

This is COMPLETELY unacceptable. Every one of the people on the streets last night should be held financially liable for all the damage, public and private. These people have no case anymore as far as I am concerned. Throwing bricks is one thing, but these people are destroying others' livelihoods. They do not care about racism or oppression. All they care about is their own selfish wants.
    Do not dare lump those rioters with the legitimate protestors. People are upset, and rightuflly so, but I do think they are going the wrong way about it. This happened with Gamergate too, people lumped those with a message with those who were doing wrong and condemned the whole movement, even though they had some merit.

11-25-2014 09:34 AM
    I'm in favor of shooting looters, no matter what skin color or religion they are!!! When a protest turns into a riot, then it's time to start using rubber bullets. The Governor of Missouri punked out by not issuing that order. He is in charge of the State Militia, unless it gets federalized. Since most people went "shopping with a brick", i guess there's enough Christmas presents to go around this year.
    You may leave the thread that way --->

11-25-2014 09:35 AM
    Do not dare lump those rioters with the legitimate protestors. People are upset, and rightuflly so, but I do think they are going the wrong way about it. This happened with Gamergate too, people lumped those with a message with those who were doing wrong and condemned the whole movement, even though they had some merit.

How do you tell the "legitimate" protesters from the rioters? Oh, i know. The legits carry a small rock, and the rioters carry a brick!!! Everybody, and i mean everybody should have been ordered back to their homes. A curfew should have been imposed, and enforced by the National Guard. If you're on the street after the curfew has started, you should be arrested. If you resist, you should be shot. If that had been done, you would see the number of riots decrease in this country.
    11-25-2014 09:51 AM

You can say what you want about the cross country movement, but the movement in Ferguson has no merit after this. There are far too many people participating in the rioting/looting for a significant portion not to be local.

If the community truly does condemn this violence, then I expect a plan for the People of Ferguson to repay all the owners of the lost property as well as the loss in wages to their employees while their places of work are being rebuilt. This plan should be publicized before the end of next week...
    grunt0300 likes this.
    11-25-2014 10:06 AM
    And why does everyone keep brining up Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson? They weren't there where it mattered which is at the U.N. meeting where Michael Browns mother was at.
    They keep being brought up because they keep inserting themselves whenever they have a chance to play the racism card. As for the UN, this case had nothing to do with them. This was about our laws and our justice system. We don't try people based on what other nations think.

Let's focus on the fact the leaders of the city decided to bring an army. Let's talk about how they refused to try to deescalate the situation by having a public meeting, let's talk about how they wanted go be secretive on details on a case that is literally making people riot, burn down places, and shoot guns.
    1. Even with the massive enforcement presence, they still burned down the town. Firefighters had to back out or risk being shot. Yeah, they didn't need so many officers at all.

2. Just what would have they talked about at such a meeting without sounding like they favored one side or the other, or jeopardizing the case? It's not much different than asking lawsuit defendants about a case and the lawyers responding with "no comment."

3. As I pointed out already, investigations and grand jury hearings are purposely kept out of the public's eye and on a need to know basis. It jeopardizes the case and just makes matters worse. Trials and juries have specific instructions issued to them before a case to make sure they understand what they can and can't form opinions on. Evidence is controlled in how it's introduced and used. If that is made public, ahead of time, people would start forming their own opinions that taint their impartiality, they would pay less attention in the courtroom because they think they already know everything, and result in bad rulings. Just because the public wants to know everything doesn't mean they should.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    11-25-2014 10:11 AM
    How do you tell the "legitimate" protesters from the rioters? Oh, i know. The legits carry a small rock, and the rioters carry a brick!!! Everybody, and i mean everybody should have been ordered back to their homes. A curfew should have been imposed, and enforced by the National Guard. If you're on the street after the curfew has started, you should be arrested. If you resist, you should be shot. If that had been done, you would see the number of riots decrease in this country.
    Please leave.

11-25-2014 11:19 AM
    You can say what you want about the cross country movement, but the movement in Ferguson has no merit after this. There are far too many people participating in the rioting/looting for a significant portion not to be local.

If the community truly does condemn this violence, then I expect a plan for the People of Ferguson to repay all the owners of the lost property as well as the loss in wages to their employees while their places of work are being rebuilt. This plan should be publicized before the end of next week...
    I do agree the community should pay for damages as there are a lot of locals participating.

NoYankees44 likes this.
    11-25-2014 11:20 AM
    They keep being brought up because they keep inserting themselves whenever they have a chance to play the racism card. As for the UN, this case had nothing to do with them. This was about our laws and our justice system. We don't try people based on what other nations think.

1. Even with the massive enforcement presence, they still burned down the town. Firefighters had to back out or risk being shot. Yeah, they didn't need so many officers at all.

2. Just what would have they talked about at such a meeting without sounding like they favored one side or the other, or jeopardizing the case? It's not much different than asking lawsuit defendants about a case and the lawyers responding with "no comment."

3. As I pointed out already, investigations and grand jury hearings are purposely kept out of the public's eye and on a need to know basis. It jeopardizes the case and just makes matters worse. Trials and juries have specific instructions issued to them before a case to make sure they understand what they can and can't form opinions on. Evidence is controlled in how it's introduced and used. If that is made public, ahead of time, people would start forming their own opinions that taint their impartiality, they would pay less attention in the courtroom because they think they already know everything, and result in bad rulings. Just because the public wants to know everything doesn't mean they should.

You keep missing my point. The city leaders had a prime opurtonity to speak to the community before the indictment to have a conversation. They instead chose to talk down to them. You can't ignore that the city leaders handled this ineffectively as they have already.

11-25-2014 11:25 AM
    You keep missing my point. The city leaders had a prime opurtonity to speak to the community before the indictment to have a conversation. They instead chose to talk down to them. You can't ignore that the city leaders handled this ineffectively as they have already.
    I'll say it again...
    11-25-2014 11:31 AM

Let me take a wild guess here. The "city leaders" are white. If the city leaders told the people not to riot, then i guess in your book that's talking down to them. I believe that you are a racist, and the shame is that you don't even know it.
    11-25-2014 11:32 AM
    Look at this nonsense:

www.dailydot.com/politics/darren-wilson-taser/

If officer Wilson was mandated to carry a taser, would Michael Brown still be alive?

11-25-2014 11:53 AM
662 ... 1516171819 ...