12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    I'll say it again...
    That is saying nothing. Conversating with the community does not have to favor any side.

Posted via Razr M on the Android Central App
    11-25-2014 11:54 AM
    Let me take a wild guess here. The "city leaders" are white. If the city leaders told the people not to riot, then i guess in your book that's talking down to them. I believe that you are a racist, and the shame is that you don't even know it.
    The city leaders told them not to riot, they basically, are saying "Don't you go messing this city up again". Instead of talking down to them, a better choice of dialogue would have been better.

11-25-2014 11:56 AM
    Look at this nonsense:

Officer Darren Wilson didn't carry a Taser because they aren't 'comfortable'

If officer Wilson was mandated to carry a taser, would Michael Brown still be alive?

If officer Wilson was black, would we even have heard about what happened in Ferguson?
    11-25-2014 11:57 AM
    If officer Wilson was black, would we even have heard about what happened in Ferguson?
    That's an interesting question...

I still fail to see how race was a factor at all in this incident. There is no evidence that the cop was racist or that race played a factor in the course of events. It seems to be pigeoned holed into the case by the race baiters of the country.

I can see a case for police brutality. I don't think that it was now that the evidence has come to light, but I can see how someone could argue a legitimate case.

Sent from my XT1096
    11-25-2014 12:11 PM
    That is saying nothing. Conversating with the community does not have to favor any side.
    Since you keep saying they should have addressed the community different, why don't you give an example. You're the one making that claim, so I'm guessing you have some idea.
    11-25-2014 12:19 PM
    That's an interesting question...

I still fail to see how race was a factor at all in this incident. There is no evidence that the cop was racist or that race played a factor in the course of events. It seems to be pigeoned holed into the case by the race baiters of the country.

I can see a case for police brutality. I don't think that it was now that the evidence has come to light, but I can see how someone could argue a legitimate case.

Sent from my XT1096
    Race came into play, the minute that Rev. Al showed up. Oh, i forgot. Sharpton was born, raised, and lives in Ferguson. If the people of Ferguson had chased him out of town, i would have stood up and cheered. His stock in trade is playing the race card. Would he have showed up, and riled up the crowd, if the policeman was black? Would there have been even a hint of police brutality, if the policeman was black? Just ask yourself these questions, please.
    11-25-2014 12:20 PM
    How do you tell the "legitimate" protesters from the rioters? Oh, i know. The legits carry a small rock, and the rioters carry a brick!!! Everybody, and i mean everybody should have been ordered back to their homes. A curfew should have been imposed, and enforced by the National Guard. If you're on the street after the curfew has started, you should be arrested. If you resist, you should be shot. If that had been done, you would see the number of riots decrease in this country.
    Is this America or Russia?
    A895 likes this.
    11-25-2014 12:21 PM
    You are ignoring the link and race baiting. And I think we would have, this is a matter of a cop uses lethal force first instead of other means.

11-25-2014 12:23 PM
    Is this America or Russia?

Not the America that i fought for in Vietnam.
    Since you keep saying they should have addressed the community different, why don't you give an example. You're the one making that claim, so I'm guessing you have some idea.
    I said it like 3 times already. Read my previous posts.

Race came into play, the minute that Rev. Al showed up. Oh, i forgot. Sharpton was born, raised, and lives in Ferguson. If the people of Ferguson had chased him out of town, i would have stood up and cheered. His stock in trade is playing the race card. Would he have showed up, and riled up the crowd, if the policeman was black? Would there have been even a hint of police brutality, if the policeman was black? Just ask yourself these questions, please.
    You are making Al Sharpton to be more important than he is. He had a very minor role in the whole Ferguson incident no matter how much you want to being him up.

11-25-2014 12:24 PM
    You are right it is slightly better. No more sending troops in droves to fight pointless wars, no more blacks getting hosed on the street by cops (they switched to guns), no more sitting in the back of bus. I can't literally think of a reason why the past is better than what it is now besides CO2 emissions.

Things were more racist and not really good at all. The economy was slightly better then too, I suppose.

11-25-2014 12:27 PM
    You are ignoring the link and race baiting. And I think we would have, this is a matter of a cop uses lethal force first instead of other means.

Lethal force? Brown tried to take his gun from him. What do you think Brown would have done, if he got the gun away from Wilson? He would have shot him, and claimed self defense. Luckily for Wilson, it didn't go down that way. Too bad, but "black intimidation" didn't work this time.
    11-25-2014 12:27 PM
    Lethal force? Brown tried to take his gun from him. What do you think Brown would have done, if he got the gun away from Wilson? He would have shot him, and claimed self defense. Luckily for Wilson, it didn't go down that way. Too bad, but "black intimidation" didn't work this time.
    There is no evidence that proves Brown grabbed his gun.

11-25-2014 12:41 PM
    How do you tell the "legitimate" protesters from the rioters? Oh, i know. The legits carry a small rock, and the rioters carry a brick!!! Everybody, and i mean everybody should have been ordered back to their homes. A curfew should have been imposed, and enforced by the National Guard. If you're on the street after the curfew has started, you should be arrested. If you resist, you should be shot. If that had been done, you would see the number of riots decrease in this country.
    That's a nonsensical "solution". You cannot keep people in their homes forever. All that would do is defer the action.

I do think they could have announced at a different time. Why do it after nightfall?

And really I saw the " leaders" of that town say over and over last night that they didn't expect all the looting and burning. Really? How incompetent can they be? I am sure most everyone here could have told them to expect that. The people that run that town and state are dumb as rocks and the governor is one of the worst in the country.

That's why this situation is happening. Poor poor leadership in that area. It's pathetic.

Posted via Android Central App
    A895 likes this.
    11-25-2014 12:49 PM
    There is no evidence that proves Brown grabbed his gun.

Forensic evidence. Powder burns on Brown's hand are consistent with someone grabbing at a weapon.
    11-25-2014 01:01 PM
    You fought to keep our freedom yet you want to take it away from our citizens?
    A895 likes this.
    11-25-2014 01:11 PM
    Forensic evidence. Powder burns on Brown's hand are consistent with someone grabbing at a weapon.
    Source?

11-25-2014 01:52 PM
    Source?

Downloads to both autopsies:
    Ferguson grand jury documents: Michael Brown autopsy reports | NOLA.com

Official Autopsy:
    State that forearm wont was fired at close range and that the abrasions on the hand were from the bullet. Also states that there was tissue from Brown's hand found in the car.

Private Autopsy:
    Does not speculate on the distance from which the forearm bullet was fired, but does describe the wound as travailing up the arm and describes the torn tissue on the back of Brown's hand.

Private autopsy does not seem to make any conclusions on the series of events. It just describes the wounds and damage to the body. In my very nonexpert opinion, it is not a very good document.
    11-25-2014 02:12 PM
    Look at this nonsense:

Officer Darren Wilson didn't carry a Taser because they aren't 'comfortable'

If officer Wilson was mandated to carry a taser, would Michael Brown still be alive?

If Michael Brown was able to follow instructions he would be alive. Punching a cop and grabbing for his gun is a good way to get killed. That's true regardless of race or where you're from. It really is that simple.
    11-25-2014 02:16 PM
    They should have eased into it, educating the community that public outrage and rioting is bad and hurts everyone. But no, they got a small army instead that was armed to the teeth, like that would help any.
    The statement from the family of Michael Brown seemed to take the right path. So, all we really need is something just as good from the local government or the police.

WGHP - Family of Michael Brown releases statement following decision, father ‘devastated’ (article link here)

Excerpt:

“While we understand that many others share our pain, we ask that you channel your frustration in ways that will make a positive change,” the family said in a statement. “We need to work together to fix the system that allowed this to happen.”

The family made a call for police officers across the country to wear body cameras. The statement closed: “Let’s not just make noise, let’s make a difference.”
    11-25-2014 02:28 PM
    If Michael Brown was able to follow instructions he would be alive. Punching a cop and grabbing for his gun is a good way to get killed. That's true regardless of race or where you're from. It really is that simple.
    You are basing a conclusion on assumptions there isn't any solid proof he punched the cop or grabbed for his gun, that is just another assumption on a list of assumptions. You are trying to justify a cop using lethal force when it was not necessary.

11-25-2014 04:11 PM
    Downloads to both autopsies:
    Ferguson grand jury documents: Michael Brown autopsy reports | NOLA.com

Official Autopsy:
    State that forearm wont was fired at close range and that the abrasions on the hand were from the bullet. Also states that there was tissue from Brown's hand found in the car.

Private Autopsy:
    Does not speculate on the distance from which the forearm bullet was fired, but does describe the wound as travailing up the arm and describes the torn tissue on the back of Brown's hand.

Private autopsy does not seem to make any conclusions on the series of events. It just describes the wounds and damage to the body. In my very nonexpert opinion, it is not a very good document.
    It isn't. So no real conclusion can be drawn from it, yet people are telling a whole story based on assumptions.

11-25-2014 04:12 PM
    The statement from the family of Michael Brown seemed to take the right path. So, all we really need is something just as good from the local government or the police.

WGHP - Family of Michael Brown releases statement following decision, father ‘devastated’ (article link here)

Excerpt:

“While we understand that many others share our pain, we ask that you channel your frustration in ways that will make a positive change,” the family said in a statement. “We need to work together to fix the system that allowed this to happen.”

The family made a call for police officers across the country to wear body cameras. The statement closed: “Let’s not just make noise, let’s make a difference.”
    This is why I feel so strongly for his family because they are the ones who should be the most upset yet they seem the most level headed. Not only his family should have spoken out, the leaders of the community and city leaders should have all said "don't channel your frustration in negative ways that can impact our community".

This all comes down to people not communicating effectively, which is a big problem nowadays.

11-25-2014 04:14 PM
    It isn't. So no real conclusion can be drawn from it, yet people are telling a whole story based on assumptions.

If there is hand tissue inside the car(which should be in some of the other evidence somewhere), then there was a struggle in the car. No questions.

Either way, the official autopsy states that the hand/forearm were from close range. Plus all the other entrance and exit wounds are consistent with the cop's story that Brown stopped and charged him. After they were out of the car. Nothing in either autopsy contests the cop's story, but it does contest some of the eye witnesses'.

Sent from my XT1096
    11-25-2014 04:34 PM
662 ... 1617181920 ...