12-02-2014 08:42 PM
662 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    If there is hand tissue inside the car(which should be in some of the other evidence somewhere), then there was a struggle in the car. No questions.

Either way, the official autopsy states that the hand/forearm were from close range. Plus all the other entrance and exit wounds are consistent with the cop's story that Brown stopped and charged him. After they were out of the car. Nothing in either autopsy contests the cop's story, but it does contest some of the eye witnesses'.

Sent from my XT1096
    Brown's father made a statement last week to not be violent. As has every leader I have seen address the situation. Apparently the "protesters" didn't care.

Sent from my XT1096
    Scott7217 likes this.
    11-25-2014 04:54 PM
    You are basing a conclusion on assumptions there isn't any solid proof he punched the cop or grabbed for his gun, that is just another assumption on a list of assumptions. You are trying to justify a cop using lethal force when it was not necessary.

Posted via Razr M on the Android Central App
    There are pics of his face bruised and forensic evidence of Browns blood inside the car and gun powder on his hand.

It's funny because those who are still screaming injustice repeatedly ignore the forensic evidence even when it smacks you in the face.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    11-25-2014 05:30 PM
    This is why I feel so strongly for his family because they are the ones who should be the most upset yet they seem the most level headed. Not only his family should have spoken out, the leaders of the community and city leaders should have all said "don't channel your frustration in negative ways that can impact our community".

This all comes down to people not communicating effectively, which is a big problem nowadays.
    Perhaps the people need to see someone they can trust.

For example, if Michelle Obama were standing in the crowd, could she have defused the situation? It's obviously not her responsibility to fix Ferguson, and it would be a security issue for her to be present because she is the First Lady. However, hypothetically speaking, would there be rioting and looting if she were there?

She seems like a sincere person, and a lot of people respect her. Could she have talked to the crowd and convince them not to destroy their own neighborhood, or would that be a wasted effort?

I know all of this is probably not realistic, but I'm trying to think outside the box here.
    11-25-2014 05:35 PM
    Better parenting would help.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-25-2014 05:38 PM
    Given the law and the events and the evidence I have seen, I understand why the grand jury came to the conclusion they came to. I can see federal charges being brought against Wilson, due to the simple fact that walking in the middle of the street or stealing cigars should never have escalated into a homicide.

There is such disconnect between the police department and the community, that nothing will be solved until the whole department is rebuilt from the ground up. Everyone needs to be replaced and they need a new direction.
    A895 likes this.
    11-25-2014 06:17 PM
    If Michael Brown was able to follow instructions he would be alive....
    That's what the cops said about Rodney King, and they beat him like a dog, and what happened to the police officers? They went to jail on federal charges.
    A895 and Scott7217 like this.
    11-25-2014 06:32 PM
    Given the law and the events and the evidence I have seen, I understand why the grand jury came to the conclusion they came to. I can see federal charges being brought against Wilson, due to the simple fact that walking in the middle of the street or stealing cigars should never have escalated into a homicide.

There is such disconnect between the police department and the community, that nothing will be solved until the whole department is rebuilt from the ground up. Everyone needs to be replaced and they need a new direction.
    What federal charges would succeed where local have failed?

Poor choice in his action to pursue Brown does not justify murder charges. Especially when the evidence is consistent the cop's story that Brown stopped and rushed him after already attempting to snatch the cop's gun. The only way that this could be argued as something other than justifiable self defense is if you make the case that Wilson should have holstered his weapon and had pepper spray out when he pursued. Given that Brown appeared to grab for Wilson's gun, I do not see this case holding up in court. Not for any sort of murder charges anyway.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    11-25-2014 06:40 PM
    If there is hand tissue inside the car(which should be in some of the other evidence somewhere), then there was a struggle in the car. No questions.

Either way, the official autopsy states that the hand/forearm were from close range. Plus all the other entrance and exit wounds are consistent with the cop's story that Brown stopped and charged him. After they were out of the car. Nothing in either autopsy contests the cop's story, but it does contest some of the eye witnesses'.

Sent from my XT1096
    The eye witness are one of the reasons there wasn't an indictment, they weren't reliable. I unfortunately don't trust the cops word to be honest.

11-25-2014 06:45 PM
    Brown's father made a statement last week to not be violent. As has every leader I have seen address the situation. Apparently the "protesters" didn't care.

Sent from my XT1096
    Not be violent is not the same as having a conversation with the community.

Scott7217 likes this.
    11-25-2014 06:46 PM
    There are pics of his face bruised and forensic evidence of Browns blood inside the car and gun powder on his hand.

It's funny because those who are still screaming injustice repeatedly ignore the forensic evidence even when it smacks you in the face.
    Yeah foresaic evidence that does not.prove he grabbed a gun, and there are pics of his face not bruised after the incident. I'm sorry if I don't jump on the Michael Brown is a thug beating on cops story like everyone else is.

11-25-2014 06:48 PM
    Perhaps the people need to see someone they can trust.

For example, if Michelle Obama were standing in the crowd, could she have defused the situation? It's obviously not her responsibility to fix Ferguson, and it would be a security issue for her to be present because she is the First Lady. However, hypothetically speaking, would there be rioting and looting if she were there?

She seems like a sincere person, and a lot of people respect her. Could she have talked to the crowd and convince them not to destroy their own neighborhood, or would that be a wasted effort?

I know all of this is probably not realistic, but I'm trying to think outside the box here.
    It might have, there was no real people trying to calm people down and talk to them, instead cops went nuts with tear gas, and people were told (yes people, American citizens like you and me) to not riot or act violent, as if they are so damm animals being reminded not to pee on the carpet.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't like to be talked down to from my owm elected city leaders.

Scott7217 likes this.
    11-25-2014 06:50 PM
    Better parenting would help.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Better posts would help too.

Scott7217 likes this.
    11-25-2014 06:50 PM

Poor choice in his action to pursue Brown does not justify murder charges. Especially when the evidence is consistent the cop's story that Brown stopped and rushed him after already attempting to snatch the cop's gun. The only way that this could be argued as something other than justifiable self defense is if you make the case that Wilson should have holstered his weapon and had pepper spray out when he pursued. Given that Brown appeared to grab for Wilson's gun, I do not see this case holding up in court. Not for any sort of murder charges anyway.
    Manslaughter at least if he had a taser.

11-25-2014 06:51 PM
    The eye witness are one of the reasons there wasn't an indictment, they weren't reliable. I unfortunately don't trust the cops word to be honest.

If there is physical evidence(and it looks like there is) of Brown in the car, this case is pretty straight forward. Brown attacked the cop. I cannot conceive another reason why it would be there...
    11-25-2014 06:53 PM
    Manslaughter at least if he had a taser.

He was not carrying a taser...
    11-25-2014 06:55 PM
    Yeah foresaic evidence that does not.prove he grabbed a gun, and there are pics of his face not bruised after the incident. I'm sorry if I don't jump on the Michael Brown is a thug beating on cops story like everyone else is.

Keep ignoring it.

Why would you think he's a thug? I mean the video of the strong armed robbery clearly shows he really is a choir boy.
    11-25-2014 06:57 PM

Think back to Rodney King, local laws failed; it took federal law.

I understand what you're saying, and you're following the same thought process as the grand jury and it's a very prudent/sound thought process.

The key words you mentioned, "Poor choice" is critical here. I am 6' and 170lbs, and there is no way I would try and stop someone who is 6'6" and 300lbs by myself. As I said, walking in the middle of the street or stealing cigars should never have escalated into a homicide.
    11-25-2014 06:58 PM
    That's what the cops said about Rodney King, and they beat him like a dog, and what happened to the police officers? They went to jail on federal charges.

You have a 1000 times better chance of remaining alive if you don't assault a cop or try to take his gun.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    11-25-2014 07:03 PM
    You have a 1000 times better chance of remaining alive if you don't assault a cop or try to take his gun.
    If there were 4 cops on the scene, would Brown have attempted that? Should stealing cigars or walking in the middle of the street escalate to a homicide?
    11-25-2014 07:06 PM
    If there is physical evidence(and it looks like there is) of Brown in the car, this case is pretty straight forward. Brown attacked the cop. I cannot conceive another reason why it would be there...
    I can't either does not mean he DID attack the cop either.

11-25-2014 07:15 PM
    He was not carrying a taser...
    Exactly why Brown is dead now.

palandri and Scott7217 like this.
    11-25-2014 07:16 PM
    Keep ignoring it.

Why would you think he's a thug? I mean the video of the strong armed robbery clearly shows he really is a choir boy.
    Stealing rellos at a store makes him a thug, I am a thug for stealing a toy from a store when I was 11. Thugs actually do thuggish things (I grew up in a neighborhood exactly like Browns hood, and even lived in the projects for a bit), Brown is a not a thug if you asked people who know actual thugs.

But people tend to throw thug liberally at any brown person who commits a crime and gets caught.

Scott7217 likes this.
    11-25-2014 07:19 PM
    If there were 4 cops on the scene, would Brown have attempted that? Should stealing cigars or walking in the middle of the street escalate to a homicide?
    What Brown would have done is speculative.

So let me get this straight because this is what you are inferring. A police officer asking someone to walk on the side walk and not in the middle of the street is provocation? Early reports were Wilson didn't know about the the robbery. Grand jury testimony revealed he was aware and both men fit the description. Should he ignore that as well? Just let it go because we don't want to upset anyone and they were just cigarillos. Besides the store owner only got shoved around have the crap scared out of him.

Punching a cop and trying to take his gun would escalate to getting shot, that much is clear in any city. It resulted in a justifiable use if force. You seem to want to jump from A to D and ignore B and C.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    11-25-2014 07:24 PM
    Think back to Rodney King, local laws failed; it took federal law.

I understand what you're saying, and you're following the same thought process as the grand jury and it's a very prudent/sound thought process.

The key words you mentioned, "Poor choice" is critical here. I am 6' and 170lbs, and there is no way I would try and stop someone who is 6'6" and 300lbs by myself. As I said, walking in the middle of the street or stealing cigars should never have escalated into a homicide.
    Answer this very simple yes or no question. If you walked up to the next squad car you see on the street and start decking the cop in the head and trying to take his gun, do expect to have a reasonable chance of making it out alive? Its a simple yes you do or no you don't question?
    Scott7217 likes this.
    11-25-2014 07:29 PM
    Stealing rellos at a store makes him a thug, I am a thug for stealing a toy from a store when I was 11. Thugs actually do thuggish things (I grew up in a neighborhood exactly like Browns hood, and even lived in the projects for a bit), Brown is a not a thug if you asked people who know actual thugs.

But people tend to throw thug liberally at any brown person who commits a crime and gets caught.

Did you assault the toy store owner and terrorize him?
    Scott7217 likes this.
    11-25-2014 07:30 PM
662 ... 1718192021 ...